Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Devotion ❯ Don't get sad ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: "I have no tolerance for obstacles that get in my way: remember that." If I owned Yu-gi-oh, Bakura wouldn't have sounded like he flunked English. Redundant much? Almost as much as this disclaimer.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Ha!

Look' like the Pharaoh can't keep his little toy under control.

Go ahead, foolish mortal. Fear him, hate him.

Now he's shown his true colors.

Doesn't care about who he has to sacrifice to get what he wants. Just like his father.

I wonder though.

Why is he here?

That Pegasus fool has no defenses. It'd be simple for the Pharaoh to stop his little heart.

So why come to this island?

Just kill him, and with his death his spell will end and the little brat's grandfather's soul will be restored.

Unless he doesn't know that.

He didn't recognize me.

If it was possible for me to hate him even more…

What are the lives of peasants, worse, criminals, worth?

Kaiba, Joey, you don't give a damn about them.

Not that they're worth any of my time either.

Not that I'd tell my little host that. Their immanent demise ties him up in such knots…

Ha. He's fun.

Trying to fight back? Daring to think he can stop me from doing whatever I please?

The problem is, he can.

I've tried to break his spirit, but he's too strong.

Heh, I should have expected that. Even if he is a weakling, we share the same soul after all, so he has at least some of my strength.

I'm a little proud of myself, for not giving up. Just like I didn't give up. I didn't let my family's deaths destroy me. I seek my revenge, I seek it even now.

And I will have it.

But Ryou's resistance is annoying.

The pharaoh seems to have sought to gain his host's cooperation by pretending kindness.

Wonder what he'll do now?

It's too late to try that with Ryou.

I guess I'll just have to erase his memories. It seems like letting me defeat me, my giving up on trying to cow him into submission, but I don't want to waste any more time.

If he doesn't know I'm here, it'll be so easy to get him to do what I want.

Just a voice in his head, easily mistaken for his own thoughts.

He has a spirit like you?

So transparent, Ryou.

Don't think you can fool me.

I am you. The strong half, the clever half, the victorious half.

Do I need you? Sharing a body is much less annoying with half of my own soul. It's much easier to take over the body; it must think I'm its rightful master.

I've been bluffing about finding another host. Where would I find a better one? One whose soul's instinct is not to fight my presence, one who is accepted by these brats…it would be a miracle to find one made to order like that. I don't want to have to bother winning these fools' trust all over again.

You're stuck with me, Ryou. I'll never leave; you'll never be free…

Even so, it'd be fun to kill you.

I'll have to think about that.

Maybe I should start looking for another host.

It'd be almost as fun as killing you will be, Pharaoh.

What did you think when your father told you the source of his power?

Did you think he was a hero, defending the country of Kemt by slaying villains?

Did you grow up thinking it was all right to kill to gain what you wanted?

You certainly do think that now.

I never killed randomly.

I snuck into tombs without the guards ever knowing I was there, when I could have killed them in an instant.

The only ones I killed were your servants.

And those who attacked me.

I'd kill Ryou right now if I thought you would mourn him.

Ah, your little host is crying.

Do you care?

Would you care that I cried?

I didn't for long.

A modern phrase: Don't get sad, get mad.

One of the few good ideas I've heard.

It kept me sane and alive, my hate.

I didn't even get to bury them.

Whose bodies are in your puzzle, pharaoh?

My maiden aunt, who used to use disguise training as an excuse to play dress-up with me?

My older brother, who taught me how to pick locks?

The ex-priest who my father paid to teach me to read so I could decipher inscriptions and plans?

The old men who used to be honest stone-carvers, who used to lie around in the sun and tell me stories?

My parents?

I hope they're in the ring.

I hope I have them. But even if they aren't I will get them. I will get them back.

Like your weak self won't get his grandfather back.

Your little host is crying.

You are crying.

Even if it isn't the part of you that was you, that was my enemy, you are suffering.

What a beautiful day.

Someday, pharaoh, I'll make you cry. I'll have you broken at my feet.

Remember that. Even if you don't remember me.

Do you know I'm still here? That you failed to banish me?

You thought you could?

Well, your were wrong.

I am the darkness, and I cannot be destroyed.

I am the darkness, and I am coming for you, pharaoh.

Wait for me.

Wait in fear.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Did you catch the Vathara quote? READ HER!

Explanations:

From last chapter: Amane is Ryou's sister. She and his mother died in a car accident.

Bakura is originally from the village of Kuru Eruna. The priest Akunadin sacrificed the inhabitants to create the millennium items to save Egypt from invasion. He did not tell his brother, the pharaoh Akunamukanon, about the cost. Bakura thinks it was the pharaoh's idea. Unfortunately, the pharaoh died, so he comes seeking revenge on his son Atemu (Yami) who has no clue what he's talking about.

Bakura's views are inconsistent, aren't they? He's proud of how he never killed except when necessary, then he's glorying in the thought of killing Ryou etc. That's my interpretation of Zork's influence. Bakura was taken over by Zork and in the Memory World Arc is his avatar, which is really ironic since Zork is from Akunadin, who is his family's murderer. He ends up knowing Atemu is innocent and not caring. I'm going to explore this more in Deny Thy Father. That's going to be rather AU to this though.

Responses:

Sansi: Thanks for reviewing again!

Queen of Fire and Chaos: Thanks for the e-mail, and get e-mailed when I post stuff go down to the review button and select Add Author to Author Alert. Sorry, I would e-mail you like you requested but my memory is horrible, so I'd forget a lot.

Amber Eyes: Thanks for reviewing again, and for saying nice things about my Tristan portrayal! And yes, I am going to do Mai vs Yugi. First I'll wrap up the Kaiba duel stuff, then I'll do just Yugi, maybe Tea and Mai, during the Tea duel, then everyone on the Mai duel. And it doesn't end there! I'll try to hurry since I want to get back to Yami! He's my fav.!

Pharaohs Angel: Wow, I have repeat reviewers! Thanks everybody! It's nice to know someone agrees with me about the dub voice, I hate people bashing it. And I answered your question in explanations, in case you missed it.