Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Did My Time ❯ Beginning of the End ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~*~Did My Time~*~

~*~Did My Time~*~

Chapter 2

by BlueMew

"So just tell me how all this began Malik." Yugi sighed as he placed a cup of tea in front of the Egyptian, who reluctantly accepted it, having to hold it with both hands to keep from spilling the contents. "Just why you want Ishtar dead. I know how he came to live in you."

Malik nodded, still holding the cup with two hands, but not drinking from it yet. "I can try."

The blond leaned back on the couch, closing his eyes as he sighed. "You defeated me in Battle City and took my beloved Winged Dragon of Ra from me as your prize. Granted, I preferred that you won my card instead of someone like Kaiba or Joey, since neither of them could control that God Card, but nonetheless, I was devastated by the loss of the only dream I'd ever had.

"You woke me up Yugi. I can't forgive you, but I can't thank you enough as well.

"As soon as the blimp landed and we could all go home, I met with Rishid and Isis, but both were quite upset with me for conning them in to helping with the Tournament. I did not control either of their minds, please understand that. Rishid was raised to be my servant by my father, and Isis is a woman of Arab descent. My father was quite unhappy that he wasn't manly enough to sire a boy for his first child, so when I was born, my mother told her to constantly praise Allah, my father said to praise Ra, and that she was to always follow my commands, no matter what, because I am the eldest male child.

"Little did I realize that my sister and adopted brother had become more than friends while I was growing up and oblivious to such matters. Rishid would have never had a thought of betraying me if Isis would not have planted such a thing in his head, even after the incident when he revealed that he wasn't me in the tournament and Ishtar went berserk about such a thing.

"I remember that. He apologized for his failure."

"That he did. But Rishid understood that I and Ishtar are two separate entities. Isis was ignorant of this fact, because her yami is even less powerful than yours or Pegasus' was. She never had to observe her body being directed by another entity.

"So even though my sister was able to partially convince Rishid that I was a danger to everyone in my family and to you and your family as well Yugi, he kept countering the idea that I needed to be disowned with the concept of me needing support from the people around me to rid myself of Ishtar.

"While my family debated on what to do with me, I had taken up residence in Domino and began careers as a music salesman by day and waiter by night. I was making good money and was able to pay for my apartment and all, but I was lonely without Ishtar, since he lived in the Millennium Rod.

"I prayed for Ishtar to return to me so my eternal companion could make me feel whole again, and he listened. Ishtar actually obeyed me for once, and I was quite surprised. We had marvelous fun together again, though he was weak because I was no longer in possession of his spirit's home, and he didn't try to take over the world or make me do anything crazy either.

"And then it started." Malik sighed, slumping even deeper in to the couch, finally taking a sip from his cup of tea. He had never told anyone this much before, not even the doctors at the institution.

"I don't know how or why, but one night as I was serving tables, Ishtar decided to come visit me at work. He had promised never to touch my mind while I was in public when he left me with the Millennium Rod, so I was surprised when the warm sensation of him joining my body began as he asked permission to enter me, and I received his gesture with an invitation to experience everything that I had been missing since the Rod left my hands.

"Little do I need to say, Ishtar doesn't like serving people.

"After about ten minutes, he was bored and wanted me to leave my job so we could go do something more interesting for him. I wouldn't let him, since I didn't need to lose my job. So right there, in the middle of the restaurant while the patrons quietly ate their meals, my yami took control of my body completely.

"Ishtar insulted the customers verbally, and he physically attacked one man who complained about the meat he had ordered not being cooked to his liking. This continued for a good half hour, because none of the other workers wanted to even try to subdue me, for the man Ishtar attacked looked like a bodybuilder.

"Then as soon as Ishtar had his fun, he disappeared, leaving me alone and weeping in the restaurant. It was then that the rest of the crew grabbed me and held me until the police arrived. I don't know if that story ever made the news though. No one really was hurt, just a lot of plates and things were broken."

Malik paused again, rubbing his arms absently. He knew he should continue, he just didn't want to share his intimate secrets with another, though he had come here tonight to do that exact thing.

Yugi looked over at the platinum blond, wanting to help relieve him of the obvious pain he was plagued with on a daily basis. "Do you want something to eat as well? I'm sure I've got something sugary that will make you feel a little better."

Malik just shook his head no.

"Ok. I'll be here when you want to continue."

He continued rubbing his arms absently, staring down at the floor as he spoke. "This is really humiliating Yugi. I don't know how much I can tell you."

"Just say what you feel tonight, and if all that you can tell me about Ishtar is what you've already said, then that's fine." The younger man smiled sincerely.

"I'll try for a little more." Malik sighed again, slipping his shoes off to bring his knees to his chest, hugging his arms around them, looking like the child he had been before receiving the Millennium Rod. "The police didn't know what to do with me. I had destroyed so much at the restaurant, yet from my build and from the fact that I had stopped crying and was able to sit in the station like any reasonable person, they couldn't believe that it was actually me that caused all the damage.

"When they called my family back in Egypt, my mother, who had already disowned me for not returning home with my sister, told the officers that I was always a crazy child and that I ran away from home while I was underage, but she didn't want me back, so in all practicality, she disowned me at that very moment.

"Isis decided to drag Rishid and herself to my trial in the lower court, to which I plead guilty for destroying property and for assaulting that one man. But Isis wouldn't let me get away with the plea that I had used saying that I was drugged at the time when I went berserk, but instead had them test my sanity.

"I passed the first sanity test without any problems because Ishtar was not with me.

"Isis was terribly upset, and then decided to pull a cruel stunt upon me. My father scarred Rishid's face as he scarred my back, but Isis told a different story when she was called to the stand to testify for my past behavior. She said that in a fit of rage, I attacked and subdued Rishid and carved those hieroglyphs on his face. That is absolutely far from the truth, though I did try to kill Rishid once when Ishtar took control of me when I was a child.

"Rishid played along with my sister's story, and that was more than enough to upset me, which in turn allowed Ishtar to come to the courtroom to observe what was going on, since he lives in my emotions, making him particularly strong when I am upset or overjoyed.

"And in the courtroom, Ishtar entered my body on the last day of interrogation. I lost control of my actions, and he attacked Rishid again, calling him a liar and about any other derogatory name one can think of.

"So Isis's idea of me being insane was proven by one little outburst."

"I'm so sorry. . . ." Yugi whispered, yawning as he leaned back in his chair before looking at his watch. "And I don't want to be rude, but I do have exams tomorrow, so could we finish this after school? You can come with me if you want."

Malik nodded to his knees, glad for the disruption so he would not have to finish his story until he was ready. "What's school like? And won't they be upset that I'm there?"

Yugi was concerned as he looked at Malik from across the room. "You never went to school?"

Malik just shook his head no.

"How did you learn a new language? And how do you write things for work?"

To that Malik just shrugged. "Maybe it was Ishtar, or maybe I'm really smart. I don't know. I just picked up on the language and writing so I could live."

Yugi yawned again, walking in to his bedroom. "See you in the morning then. Sleep well Malik."