Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Doesn't Really Matter ❯ Doesn't Really Matter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey everyone this is a song fic set to Janet Jackson's Doesn't really matter.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh nor do I own the song

This is in Anzu's POV and it's a Malik/Anzu

Doesn't Really Matter

Doesn't matter (doesn't matter)
Doesn't matter

It's funny isn't it how one can stick up so much for their friends, drop everything at an instant for them, coming running when they ring you up in the middle of the night, understand and support them regardless of their decisions yet when the tables are turned and its you, they go judgmental and refuse to understand or just don't want to.

I suppose you are wondering what I am talking about? See I Anzu Masaki; fell in love with someone who I knew was so wrong for me that he was Mr Right..... yes I fell in love with Malik Ishtar.

Doesn't matter what your friends tell you
Doesn't matter what my fantasy is too
It just matters that I'm in love with you
It only matters that you love me too

Well I think you can probably guess how my friends reacted to that. Yes they freaked out. They ranted and raved and protested until they were literally blue in the face, yet still nothing they said changed my mind. I knew it was right... I knew us was right.

It doesn't matter if they won't accept you
I'm accepting of you and the things you do
Just as long as it's you
Nobody but you baby, baby


I remember you holding my hand as I told them. Even though they couldn't see it, or maybe they didn't want to, but you were always there, giving me support. Always being my pillar of strength. I really didn't realise how much I needed you until you had gone.

For you unconditional love too
Gotta get up, get up, get up, get up, get up
And show you that it's true

See after a while they began to cool down and start talking to me again, heck after a bit they even started to make an effort with you. I mean it started out with little things like a polite hello or a small smile, but soon after they began to ask you about your family life. I was so happy I thought finally.... if I only knew the truth.

Doesn't really matter what the audience see
'Cos I'm in love with the human being
Doesn't really matter what they believe
All that matters to me is your love for me

It turns out since they realised they couldn't change my mind... no my mind is too strong for that... they thought they would try and abuse your mind, even more since they knew how unstable and vulnerable it was, especially after the truth about your father came out.

They began to slowly corrupt your mind abusing your thoughts. What was it they said? Oh yes I remember, Bakura told me after I found your note... "You know your Yami can come back can you risk hurting her like that?" Cowards! See what they had to resort too? I mean No they never though that maybe when that bridge came me and you could work it out huh?

Doesn't really matter what the audience see
'Cos I'm in love with the human being
Doesn't really matter what they believe
All that matters to me is you're really, really, really for me

Oh yes what else did they say? Ahh yes, "She wants to be a dancer, do you think she can handle the pressure if he did come back?" Ah see so far both arguments have been about your Yami they haven't given me one good reason why You and I can't be together.

Then came the final one, "You do realise that because of YOU her friendship with us is breaking apart! Can you take her away from her friends?"

That made me so furious HOW DARE THEY!! Because of YOU? No Malik I am sorry it's not because of you.... it's breaking apart ....because maybe the friendship was only one way. I gave so much and all they did was take. They took me for granted, I was always their for them when they were duelling. Did they ever come to any one of my dance shows?

Just wanna ask for you're so lovin' and kind
And I can't believe you're mine
Doesn't matter if you're feeling insecure
Doesn't matter if you're feeling so sure

'Cos I'll take away the doubt within your heart
And show that my love will never hurt a heart

You were so worried after that, I remember asking what was wrong and you mumbled, "Anzu, you know what if you wanted to leave you can. I would never stop you I just want you to well be happy."

I didn't understand, "LEAVE YOU?" I asked, "What's brought this on Malik?" you didn't answer, you just turned over in the bed and went to sleep. Although you didn't you were awake all night tossing and turning.

That was the night you left.

I remember waking up and reading your note.

'Dear Anzu

I am leaving. I guess me and you isn't going to work out. It doesn't matter what you say, at the end of the day friends are more important I guess. Well I don't actually know I never had any. But anyway after thinking about the future I realised that I could never give you what you wanted... I will never be a rich man... I can't change who I am, I guess I will always be the Malik you knew from Battle City.

So farewell and I hope you get what you want in life

Malik'

Doesn't matter the pain we go through
Doesn't matter if the money's gone too
Just as long as I'm with you
Nobody but you baby, baby
Your love for me, unconditional what I see
Gotta get up, get up, get up, get up
And show you that it's true

That made upset and hurt. See the thing is why would I want a rich man... another Kaiba? NO THANKYOU!

Change who you are? But why would I want you to?

The same Malik from Battle City? See now, that wrong, during battle city you were shaded from the truth and so everything you knew was a lie.... so yes Malik you did change because you now knew the truth.

Okay now for the friendship one, YES friends are important. But let me ask you, what friend wouldn't try and understand? I know it seem like they were helping me, but they should have left the decision of my life up to me. My life... my choices... my mistakes... I am the one who needs to learn from them. It's not helping me if someone makes them for me.

Doesn't really matter what the audience see
'Cos I'm in love with the human being
Doesn't really matter what they believe
All that matters to me is your love for me

Well at the end of they day they didn't know the true you. I mean were they there on own of our dates? Did they see you taking me out for a meal? Or us cuddling on the sofa watching a movie? Or just sitting and doing nothing yet being content?

DID THEY?

Doesn't really matter what the audience see
'Cos I'm in love with the human being
Doesn't really matter what they believe
All that matters to me is you're really, really, really for me

No they didn't, but I guess at the end of they day it was my fault too, maybe I should have tried to make them understand more or maybe I could have done something, but I guess since we can't go back in time I will never know.

Oh just wanna ask for you're so lovin' and kind
And I can't believe you're mine
Doesn't matter what they say
'Cos I know I'm gonna love you anyway
Doesn't matter what they do
'Cos my love will always be there
My love for you unconditional love too

At the end of the day I just don't care any more. I love you and why? Why should I have to give you up? Would Seto give up Serenity? Mai give up Joey? I mean heck there is an age gap there, but after a while we accepted them so why them and not you?

Gotta get up, get up, get up, get up, get up
And show you that my love is true
And it's just for you

And so that left me trying to find you. I went to the one person who I thought could help Bakura. I knew that he was a friend to you... see you did have one.... even though you both claim not to be.

Doesn't really matter what the audience see
'Cos I'm in love with the human being
Doesn't really matter what they believe
All that matters to me is your love for me

He told me everything from the lectures you received, to even the money they bribed you with..... yet even though you left you didn't take it, well I am happy you think I am worth more than that.

Anyway with me knowing the truth... see knowing the truth does change your perspective.... I demanded that Bakura tell me where you are, to which he refused. I begged and pleaded and offered him what ever he wanted, to which when he replied he got a nice big red hand print mark on his face.... dirty pervert. Anyway finally he told me your address and as I was leaving he let Ryou take control.

Doesn't really matter what the audience see
'Cos I'm in love with the human being
Doesn't really matter what they believe
All that matters to me is you're really, really, really for me

"Anzu."

Turning around I answered him with "Yes Ryou?"

"Are you sure he's worth it?"

"And why wouldn't he be?"
"Well because you know what he like...what he is... he can't change you know!"

That stopped me "Well Ryou maybe I don't want him to. See I didn't fall in love with him, just so I could change him into this perfect man that I wanted him to be. I fell in love with HIM! I fell in love with Malik and I want him to stay as Malik."

"Well then I guess I can't say anything to you except I am really sorry for my actions it wasn't my place to say anything and it certainly wasn't right what we did.... but you know what they say right if you love something let it go..."

"And if it comes back it's your right? Well Ryou guess what Malik let me go and I am going straight back to him."

"Well then be happy," was the last thing I heard him say as I walked away from all my friends maybe forever.

Doesn't really matter 'bout my love for you
I can't believe my wish come true
I finally found somebody whose heart is true
And best of all you love me too

I remember when I arrived at your doorstep, I began to become slightly fearful, a lot of what if questions arose in my mind but I shook them out of my mind and knocked on the door.

You didn't answer so I opened it and walked in. I nearly cried when I saw you sat on the lounge floor staring into the distance walking behind you I placed a hand on your shoulder and you looked at me. Your eyes seemed to light up as if you couldn't believe I came.... stupid like I would ever leave you.....

"You shouldn't have come Anzu." was the first thing you said to me

"Why not?"

"Because.... well because of what I said in the letter and well because of your friends."

"Malik stop it. Just stop hiding behind pathetic excuses that you don't even believe are true. I know YOU! And I know the Malik Ishtar would never let himself be ridiculed and let some people talk him out of what he wants.... I love you..... and I will forever."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

"I love you too."

And with that, I remember you grabbing me and giving me one of the most special kisses of my life.

Doesn't really matter 'bout my love for you
I can't believe my dreams come true
I finally found somebody whose heart is true
And best of all you're really, really, really for me

I couldn't believe it finally... you finally let go of everything of the past..... the present.... you just held on to the future. You finally stopped listening to people telling you what you should do, and did want you wanted... I am so happy what you wanted was me.

Of course then a surprised guest made an appearance.

I remember feeling a slight change in the way you felt, looking up I realised I was staring at your Yami... he was already back?

I will admit, I was slightly scared, but his action made me think he was just plain weird, all he did was eye me up and down grunt and let you take control, when you came back we both couldn't help but laugh at that.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

So after we finally solved every problem, crossed every bridge it was over and at the end it was just me and you left standing.

Doesn't really matter 'bout my love for you
I can't believe my wish come true
(I finally found somebody whose heart is true
And best of all you're really, really, really for me)
Really really really my love for you

After everything, all who was there was me and you; it's true you really were mine and I was yours... I would never leave you, not now.... not know I know how much you mean to me...

How could my life get even better? Well, I thought nothing could top you finally admitting your love, for me but I was wrong you made my dream come true.

"Anzu will you marry me?"

(Who's doing that)
Can't believe my dreams come true
I finally found somebody whose heart is true
And best of all you're really, really, really for me

The end

Plz R&R I know it's not very good but I tried! Yes Malik is OOC! I guess but I really wanted to write this!!

Cyaz

Kazxx