Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Domino Love Story ❯ When This Began ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Youji: *Shakes head sadly* You did it again…

OGE: -_- So I'm writing YET ANOTHER Y/S fic when I haven't finished the others. This one came to me while I was listening to 'Tokyo Love Story' and surfing the YGO section. What can I say, I have a problem. I just can't help myself.

Disclaimer: * Waits patiently*

OGE: I can't say it.

Youji: C'mon Orange-sama.

OGE: I can't do it.

Youji: You know you have to. Just get it over with.

OGE: Fine. I…I…don't own them.

Youji: *Pats OGE* Was that so hard?

OGE: It really was. Downright painful.

Kaiba didn't know why he was on his way home in the middle of the day. He had a company to run and other companies to put out of business. But Yami had called and told he had something important he wanted to talk to him about. While he could survive until he was off of work, but his curiosity got the best of him. Usually, Yami would just tell him over the phone, but he said he needed to talk to him about this in person. He didn't know what it could be, but he was going to find out.

As soon as he opened the door, he caught sight of Yami pacing across the living room. He seemed to be at it for a while since there were footprints where he had been walking. Seto wondered if anything was wrong. No, Yami would have told him right away if it was anything like that. He placed his briefcase and keys on a table near the door and approached the Pharaoh.

" Alright, Yami, what's all this about?"

Yami jumped at his voice. He didn't even know he was there. He didn't see him come in or hear his car come up. He had hoped he wouldn't come straight home. At least that would give him more time to think of what he was going to say. But he was here now and he did have a right to know what this little rendezvous was about. He couldn't put it off any longer.

" Sit down Kaiba."

Seto raised an eyebrow at Yami's command. He hadn't called him 'Kaiba' since before they got together. He had always called him 'koi', 'Seto-koi' or 'his precious Blue Eyes', but never 'Kaiba'. Maybe it was a slip? Oh well, he did as he was told anyway.

Yami started pacing some more; seeming to forget he was there in the first place. Seto watched him for a little bit, but finally decided to speak up when he was getting annoyed." Are you going to tell me what this is about or wear a hole in my floor?"

The Pharaoh stopped and looked at him sheepishly." I forgot you were there."

" Obviously," He rolled his eyes," There's clearly something bothering you. Tell me."

Yami started to chew on his lip and pace again. Kaiba let out a frustrated sigh and fell back on the couch. This wasn't working. He sat up and faced Yami." Yami, I will give you $100 if you stop pacing."

He realized that he was indeed pacing again and stopped. " Sorry. I just don't know how to say this."

Seto sighed and went to the kitchen to get something to drink. " Just say it; whatever it is!"

Yami grimaced at the thought of saying what he had to say. But he couldn't keep it a secret any longer. He needed to get this out or he would surely explode. He walked up to the part of the room where the living room turned into the kitchen.

" I love Yugi!"

Shatter

The sound of a glass breaking echoed through the whole house. Seto was just about to drink from it when he heard what Yami had said. The sheer shock of it had made him drop the glass. He couldn't move, couldn't breathe, he could barely stay standing.

Yami came up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He wanted to tell him, not give him a heart attack. He couldn't help it. He and Yugi were soul mates after all. And Yugi was so sweet and innocent and he loved being around him and protecting him. He just had to get this off his chest. He couldn't continue to live a lie.

" Are you alright?"

He didn't move at all. " W-What did you say?"

" I said I love Yugi. I don't know how it happened or when, but it did. And I can't stay with you when I love someone else. I can't deny it anymore."

Kaiba gripped the countertop and listened to his koi, ex-koi, speak. He heard him, but he didn't hear him. He loved Yugi? What was he saying then? " What exactly are you trying to tell me? You're not in love with me anymore?"

Yami was surprised that his voice was so steady. He expected him to yell, or scream or throw a fit." I think it was just a physically thing. I don't think we were ever in love Kaiba."

At that Seto whipped around and faced Yami with blazing, tear-filled eyes. " Don't you say that. Don't you DARE say that to me! I love you! I always have! I've given you everything! I've given you my heart, my soul, my body! And now you say 'you don't think we were ever in love'?!!"

" I'm sorry Kaiba, I know this hurts, but-"

" No," He cut him off," You don't know. You don't know how this feels! You don't know how much this hurts!"

Yami sighed. This was the reaction he wanted, so he got it. " You're right. I don't know how you feel. I guess I shouldn't have said that. But do you understand what I'm saying?"

Seto snorted and wiped his eyes on his sleeve." Sure. You love Yugi, not me. What's not to understand? It's pretty simple. I guess I should be thankful you didn't tell me over the phone today. I might have flung myself out the window."

The Pharaoh didn't miss the sarcasm in his voice. Nor did he miss the bitterness in it. Well, he knew it wasn't going to be easy, but it had to be done. Not that he enjoyed doing it. It was very hard. He knew how fragile Kaiba really was. Sighing, he cast a quick glance at his watch and decided he should be going. Yugi would be expecting him soon.

" I have to leave now. Are you going to be okay?"

Seto turned his head to the side. His tears were no longer flowing freely down his face. He just looked out towards the garden in the front yard. " Yea, sure, I'll be fine. Go be with your new koi and have a nice life."

" You don't have to shut me out Kaiba. We can still be friends and duel."

He snorted again and faced him. Yami knew that look. There was no longer compassion in those eyes. He couldn't tell anything. The ice wall was back between again. " What makes you think that? You tell me you don't love me, you don't think you ever loved me and you love someone else and you want to be my FRIEND?! Well, I've got news for you Pharaoh, I WANT to shut you out, I DON'T WANT to be your friend and I will never duel you again."

" Kaiba-"

" If you've said everything you came to say, Mouto-san, then I suggest you leave. You're wasting time I could be devoting to my company." Seto was holding the door open for him.

Yami winced when he said 'Mouto-san'. He guessed it was time to leave. There was nothing else he could do here but get thrown out anyway. He sighed and walked out the door. As Kaiba was closing it, he caught the door in his hand.

" Are you sure you'll be alright?"

Seto glared and shoved him away so he could shut the door. He slammed it shut without a word to the Pharaoh. He looked out the window to make sure Yami was leaving. He was on his way out, but he looked back. Kaiba glared and shut the blinds. He leaned against the door and crossed his arms.

He couldn't believe Yami would throw everything they had away like that! But he had. And then he had the nerve to ask if they could be friends?! He snorted again and walked up to his bedroom. That's when Yami's last words came to him. Would he be alright?

Seto scowled at the coffee table just for being there. He didn't know what to do with this feeling. He was hurt. He was in pain. He wanted to cry. He wanted to make Yami sorry, but he knew he couldn't.

He slid down to the floor and leaned back against the wall. Would he be alright? Would this pain ever go away? Would he be able to stand being around Yugi and Yami at school? The mere thought of just those two together made him sick. He was starting to feel very claustrophobic. Gods, he needed to get out!

Quickly grabbing his coat and car keys, Kaiba rushed out of the house. He couldn't stand to be there anymore. He took one of his newer cars, he couldn't stand to even look at the old ones; too many memories. Then he drove dangerously fast to…to…well, he really didn't know where he was going. Maybe he'd get lucky and crash into something. Yeah, that'd be nice.

But instead, he didn't hit a thing. There was nothing to hit. No one was on the back roads he was taking and there weren't any trees around for him to hit. Sighing as he gave up, Seto pulled into a bar on the side of the road. He didn't know the name, or the kind of people that went there; nor did he care. He simply, went in, took a seat at the tavern and ordered a drink. He didn't remember the name of it, but again he didn't care. So long as it was alcohol.

He downed it and immediately coughed as he realized that you were not supposed to drink something like that so fast. You don't just down drinks like you do a beer. He obviously wasn't a social drinker. A patted his back as he continued the cough as the liquid burned his throat.

" Take it easy rookie. You're going to puke at this rate."

Kaiba recognized that voice. He'd heard it before. Though they had had very little contact aside from Yugi-tachi gatherings.

" What are you doing here?"

" I go and do whatever I please."

The owner of the voice waited for him to fire an insult at him. But none came. He looked to the CEO in expectation, but he said nothing. He waved a hand in front of his face.

" Hey, what's with you?"

" ….Nothing."

" ….You and your lover had a falling out. Something bad happened and you're here downing your sorrows. You sped here the whole way, hoping to hit something; the wind-whipped hair is a dead giveaway. Judging by the disregard, you were really hurt by it and are showing total discount for yourself."

" Give the man a prize."

" That sounds like you Kaiba. You two broke up over something. Something that won't allow you back together. Mmmmm. You know I can make you feel better."

Blue eyes glanced up at the owner of the voice." How?"

" No snappy come back. You really are wounded aren't you? Well, as I said, I can very well make you feel better. I'll make sure you're never hurt again by your ex-lover," A well-muscled arm slipped around his waist and pulled him close against a hard body. Warm breath danced across his neck as he could practically feel his mouth hover over his skin. " I'll take care of you."

Kaiba leaned back against the stranger. He didn't care who he was. He didn't care what he wanted. He didn't care if he were dangerous. He just wanted to let go. " Good. Because I really need to be taken care of."

*******************

3 weeks later…

Yami had not seen hide or hair of Kaiba since their breakup. Sure, he saw him at school, but nowhere else. And any attempts he or the others had to speak with him were met with even harsher glares than the ones they received in the beginning. He didn't even grunt in response to their questions and when they tried to talk to him. He had no problem blatantly ignoring them and reading his novels.

The Pharaoh didn't think he was serious about shutting them all out. He figured he was just upset and he would get over it and be their friends again, but that wasn't happening. He was stone cold.

He hoped the three-day weekend had at least mellowed Kaiba out a little. Maybe he would talk to them now. Even before they were together, he at least acknowledged their existence. He sighed as the lunch bell rang and gathered his things.

He promised Yugi he'd meet him outside once he went to the bathroom. He needed to collect his thoughts. He shouldn't be thinking about Kaiba anymore. He was in love with Yugi, right? Right. He told himself this over and over again as he entered the boy's bathroom.

What he saw in there made his breath catch in his throat.

There was Seto Kaiba; pressed up against the wall by a boy. His legs around the boy's waist and his hands on his shoulders. His head was thrown back against the tiled wall, exposing his pale neck and flushed face. He was panting and moaning; trying to keep up with the other's pace. And they were still fully clothed!

Snow-white locks fell over the boy's shoulders. A blue shirt was open and hanging off him. There was a clang of metal every now and thing, indicating a necklace was bouncing in between them. Slightly pale, but not as pale as Kaiba's, arms were holding Seto up off the floor and keeping him pinned to the wall. As all this was going on, the flushed CEO groaned out a name tha chilled the Pharaoh.

" Bakur…a…"

OGE: Hah, thought it was Joey didn'tcha? Ang! Wrong! It's the Tomb Robber! And before you review, I will not make the pairing Yami/Yugi/Seto, so don't ask. I have little respect for this pairing because honestly, Yugi is not made of glass. And I hardly doubt Seto would be 'oh-so-mushy' to him. He doesn't even talk that way to Mokuba! So this will eventually be Yami/Seto. I don't write Yami/Yugi so don't go out of your way looking for it here. They'll be no mush between them and even littler contact.

Youji: Orange-sama fickle. Don't be bitter. You're coming off like a jerk.

OGE: Nuts to you muse. It's my fic and I'll be bitter if I want to! All because they took Lupin III off for a little while. Granted it was for Trigun, but they could have taken Futurama off for it. I mean it does come on on Sunday. But don't mind me. This is for all the Y/Y fics out there that have Yami leaving Seto for Yugi! Nuts to you!!

Youji: Eh, I say again, you're coming off as a jerk.

OGE: Gomen nasai gozaimasu. I'm depressed and I don't know why.

Youji: Hmmm….I know how to cure your depression! For I am Museman! ^_^

OGE: Yotan, you can't help when even I don't know why I'm depressed.

Youji: Depression poses no challenge for Museman. For I have muse powers. Huzzah!!

*Sesshoumaru suddenly appears in the middle of the room*

Sess: Ne?

OGE: WAAAIII!! SESSHOU-SAMA!! -glomps- ^_^ Domo Arigatou gozaimasu Museman.

Youji: And once again, the day is saved, thanks to…Museman!!!