Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ First Day ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: Lol… Chapter 4 already! Two updates in a row… But this story is losing momentum, and fast too. I mean, I still have to go through the entire second and third season, then a part of the fourth. [You can tell that this part of the story is taking place at the end of the first season.] So this story is far from being over… GLTB, you should be happy about that…

And add the fact that this chapter is even crappier than my last one. I just wrote it today after school… since I had some spare time. Shows how far writer's block can get you.

But the purpose of this chapter is to bring in some new characters… and some more Kai/Saéka fluff. Hehe… *hides from Kai fangirls*

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Or Kai Hiwatari, or anything else that has to do with Beyblade or… stuff like that. GLTB owns Saéka and Riruka. I own… other characters that will appear from time to time in this story. Hehe…

Now I think I should shut up and let you guys read the story…)

~~Saéka's POV~~

Damnit. Damnit. Damnit. Why did I just have to listen to Kai? I mean, he doesn't have to worry about uniforms because the boys' uniforms aren't that bad. Stupid uniform designers… make the skirt on the girls' uniforms so short…

I mean, literally. These are short skirts. I mean, REALLY short. Were all Japanese girls' uniforms like this?

I looked at the clock. I was going to be late for school. I mean, I really didn't want to miss my first day there.

I glanced down at the stupid skirt. Well, I had to get going… skirt or no skirt. But I made sure that I avoided bending over today.

[Meira: Had to put in something about the skirts… I mean, with perverts like Duke around… you have to be cautious. Hehe…]

***`

I glanced down at my schedule. First period, English. Ha. English. Why the hell did they put me in English? I'm American, for heaven's sake!

Unluckily, I was so immersed in my schedule that I crashed into somebody. Both our books went flying.

"Sorry," I mumbled. Bending down to pick up my books. Wait… don't bend over… don't bend over…

"It's okay," a voice said. "You new here?"

I looked up to see a boy with spiky blonde, red, and black hair. This looked oddly familiar…

"I'm Yugi," he said, extending his hand. "Yugi Mutou."

Um… did he just say Yugi Mutou? The Yugi Mutou? King of Games? But… he was probably used to squealing fangirls by now…

"Nice to meet you, Yugi," I said, putting on a nonchalant [Meira: *shudders* reminds me of my Wordskills workbook…] look. "My name's Saéka. Saéka Mizuki."

"You new here?" a blonde guy asked, peering closely at me.

"Yeah…" I mumbled.

"Where're you from? Italy? Spain?"

"How can you tell I'm from another country?" I asked, surprised.

"Accent," he laughed. "You speak with an accent."

"Yeah," I retorted. "So do you. What is it… New York?"

"How'd you know?" he asked suspiciously.

"I spent half my life in New York," I shrugged.

"So you're from America," he said.

"No," I replied sarcastically. "I'm from France."

"Really?" he asked, clearly missing the sarcasm.

"Oh, please," a brunette said, exasperated. "Joey, you completely missed the sarcasm."

"Uh…" Yugi said awkwardly. "Maybe this isn't the best time to be arguing…"

"Right," the brunette nodded. For some strange reason, I didn't like this brunette very much. She just seemed like… a big friendship person.

"This is Téa Gardner, Joey Wheeler, and Tristan Taylor," Yugi said, gesturing toward his three friends.

"Nice to meet you all," I said sweetly.

"I hope we can be good friends!" Téa said, looking happy. So I was right… she is a big friendship person. [Meira: *eye twitch* I hate Téa…]

"Yea-" I began, trying to be friendly.

"Saéka!" somebody yelled from behind me. I turned to see Kai running up behind me. [Meira: He's not supposed to talk much… right? Damnit… I got something else wrong… I need to get cable to start watching Beyblade… *bangs head against wall*]

"Kai!" I yelled, waving at him. I hoped that I was embarrassing him. He came to a stop near me. He glanced at Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and… Téa, then at Yugi and my books strewn all over the floor. I blushed and bent down to pick them up.

"You two know each other?" Téa asked, glancing at Kai. "Isn't he the American exchange student?"

"We were friends back in America," I said, straightening up.

"So you are from America," Joey said, pointing at me.

"Um… duh!" I replied, exasperated. Joey seemed pretty clueless to me.

"What class do you have first?" Kai asked.

"English," I said, throwing my hands up. "Why do I have to take it anyway? I'm American!"

"Maybe they don't think you're smart enough," Kai replied, smirking.

Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Téa sweatdropped. [Meira: Hehe…]

"I'd better be getting off to class," I said, picking up my books and the case holding my dueling deck.

"Hey," Yugi said, noticing my deck. "You duel?"

"Yeah," I replied. "I'm not very good though…"

"Ha!" Kai laughed. "She's North American champion!"

Stupid Kai… he just had to ruin everything. Just another thing to add to my "Reasons to Kill Kai" list. [Meira: Aren't they good friends?]

"You are?" Joey asked suspiciously. Was this guy always this suspicious?

"Uh… maybe," I said.

"You are or you aren't," Tristan said. I was going to retort by saying that he should find a different hairstyle [Meira: so ooc…] but I decided to be nice and just simply nodded.

"OH MY GOD!" somebody squealed from behind me. I turned to see a girl dressed in her uniform, jumping up and down. "KAI!" She ran up to him.

Kai sweatdropped. "Hello, Riruka," he said stiffly.

"You know her?" I asked him, slightly miffed at Riruka's behavior. [Meira: Note. I have no clue what miffed means… if just sounds funny. ]

"She's the first person I met here in Domino," he muttered, stepping away from her. "She seems to have a crush on me…"

I turned toward Yugi. The four of them were gaping at this… Riruka.

"Riruka…" I said, looking at her. She seemed… overly hyper. Not the kind of girl that Kai would like…

"Yes?" she asked, looking at me with distaste. What the hell?

"Are you… um… Kai's girlfriend?" I asked sweetly. Kai looked furious.

"Not really," she blushed. "But don't you think you could at least learn the word courtesy? I mean, it's not nice to ask somebody that when you first meet them."

"Fine…" I replied. This Riruka was awfully strange… I turned toward Kai. "Is Riruka your girlfriend?"

"Don't be mean to my Kai!" she screamed, glaring at me. "He barely even knows you!"

"Um… I kinda knew him for nine years…" I muttered. Being shoved aside by a crazed lunatic was kind of… morale destroying. Especially if this person was as hyper as Riruka. Correction… I seriously doubted anybody could be as hyper as Riruka.

"Yeah…" Kai mumbled, trying to avoid Riruka. "We've been friends for like, forever."

"You mean you're friends with this lunatic?" Riruka asked, tears appearing in her eyes. Seriously, what a drama queen. I mean, I bet she trained herself to cry on cue. Like those actresses in sappy movies.

"Uh… yeah," Kai said, smirking all of a sudden. "Not that I wouldn't disagree with you on the fact that she's a lunatic…"

"Kai Hiwatari!" I yelled. "You will pay for that!" Kai just smirked. I glanced over to see Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Téa still standing there, gaping at us. Um...

"Maybe we should shut up…" I muttered to Kai, glancing over at Yugi. He nodded.

"C'mon, Kai!" Riruka said, grabbing his arm. "Walk me to English!"

Wait… did she just say English? That meant we were in the same English class! Damnit… English with a hyper fangirl. I would have to find some way to save Kai from her…

"Hey!" I said brightly. "I'm in first period English too!"

"Really?" Yugi asked, cutting into our conversation. "Me and Téa do too!" Riruka looked at him like he was a slug, and he immediately quieted down. Lousy fangirls…

It wouldn't be bad to have English with Yugi. Kai had English first period too. Yay! Kai and Yug- Wait… did he just say that Téa had English first period too? Téa and Riruka? Damnit…

"We'd better get off to class," Kai said, looking at his watch. "We're going to be late."

"Yeah!" Riruka chimed in, grabbing Kai's arm again. He shrugged her off.

I merely smirked. This was going to be fun… watching Kai get hit on by Riruka. Perfect material for me to tease him with.

As we head off toward English, Kai death glared at me. Like he was saying that I should pull Riruka off. But who would do that when it was so much fun to watch him being tortured?

(Meira: Crappy chapter. Really, really crappy chapter… and short too…

But… GLTB, I promised that Riruka would be overly hyper… and there you have it. Please don't be mad that I made her have a crush on Kai…

Anyway… please don't stop reading this story because of a few crappy chapters! It's going to get a lot more interesting once Battle City starts.

So… Please Read and Review!)