Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ Nasty Teachers and Preps Make Life Hell ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: Lol… I got writer's block again… and I have to go back to school… NOOO!!!

Anyways… I got a parade on 9/25. Hence… it'll take a long time to get up Chapter 6… not that I'm done with it or anything… Yeesh… these chapters are taking forever to write.

GLTB seems to be happy with this story… what do you guys think? Of course… she already knows what's going to happen in most of this story…

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! Or any of its characters. I don't own Kai Hiwatari or anything that has to do with Beyblade. I don't own Saéka or Riruku either.

Me: Shut up.

You: Please read this story!)

~~Saéka's POV~~

"Miss Mizuki!" the teacher snapped. I lifted my head up. Everybody in the class was staring at me. Gulp.

"Yes, Ms. Yokoshima?" I asked nervously. She looked angry. I was definitely in trouble.

"Is there a problem?" she asked, tapping her foot impatiently. "That you would not pay attention in my class?"

I looked up at the words on the board. What did she think this was, kindergarten? I mean, to put the words cat, rat, bat, and mat was… beyond insulting to high school students.

"It's just that I can read these words with no problem at all," I said sweetly.

"Very well," she snapped. "You're lucky that I don't have time for this, otherwise you'd be severely punished." Gulp.

"Now," she continued. "Mr. Kaiba, will you please put your laptop away and pass out these papers?"

This Kaiba grumbled as he slammed his laptop shut and stood up, muttering dark curses at Ms. Yokoshima.

"Don't use profane language, Mr. Kaiba!" Ms. Yokoshima snapped. Kaiba just glared at her and grabbed the stack of papers from her. "This is a pop quiz!" Ms. Yokoshima announced happily. The entire class groaned.

"You have 20 minutes, starting now!" Ms. Yokoshima announced. Clearly she hoped that we would all fail. Ha. Too bad for her.

I finished the quiz in about, what, five minutes? I mean, the questions were so easy. Like, identify the noun in this sentence: I need a sentence. That was, like… first grade material. I glanced around. Kai was done, and tapping his foot impatiently. Everybody else was working hard. I glanced over at Joey. He was chewing on the end of his pencil, clearly confused. Téa and Tristan seemed to be having trouble too. Only Yugi and Kaiba seemed to be getting it, just having some trouble.

"Time's up!" Ms. Yokoshima called. "Miss Mizuki, please pick up the papers." I groaned and stood up, picking up papers as I went up and down the aisles. When I reached Seto Kaiba, I tripped.

"Aah!" I yelled, falling down, papers flying everywhere. The entire class laughed. Only Kai stood up angrily.

"What'd you do that for?" Kai demanded angrily, death glaring Kaiba.

"What do you mean?" Kaiba asked innocently.

"You clearly tripped her!" Kai yelled. The whole room went quiet. Clearly they'd had experience of Kai's death glaring ability.

"Mr. Hiwatari!" Ms. Yokoshima yelled. "Calm yourself down!"

Actually, it was amazing how Kai hadn't heard her. "You think you're so great," Kai said sarcastically. "Just because you own a company. But you know what? YOU'RE A FREAK! AN EGOTISTIC… erm… IDIOT WITH uh… AN OVER INFLATED EGO!" [Meira: I bet most of you would think that Kai went a little ballistic here… after all… don't blame me if I got this wrong… I don't watch Beyblade.]

"MR. HIWATARI!" Ms. Yokoshima yelled. "DETENTION!"

This quieted down Kai immediately… not for long though.

"WHAT?!?" Kai yelled. "DETENTION?!?"

"Yes," Ms. Yokoshima replied. "Detention. Today at three o' clock."

"Er…" Kai replied. "I'm sorry?"

"Too late," Ms. Yokoshima said stiffly. Clearly she hated Kai. "Detention. You and Miss Mizuki."

"Me!" I yelled. "What the hell did I do?"

"You yelled at me," she said simply.

"THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE-" I began, but Kai stopped me.

"Don't go too far," he muttered.

"You did," I retorted.

"That was a mistake… don't make her any angrier," he said, death glaring Ms. Yokoshima. I simply nodded.

***`

"So," I asked Kai. "Where do you usually eat lunch?"

"Over there," Kai said, jerking his head toward a bunch of guys who were having a mini food fight. I looked at them with distaste.

"Them?" I asked ducking as an apple core flew my way. Luckily, it missed me. Somebody behind me shrieked. I looked behind me to see Riruka. There was an imprint on her uniform, like it had been hit by an apple core. I turned back around and smirked in satisfaction. Served her right.

"No," Kai said, shaking his head. "There." He pointed toward a table behind that table that was filled with, erm… preps, chattering and giggling.

"YOU SIT THERE?!?" I shouted. Kai nodded. "Why?"

"They drag me there," he said, death glaring at them in distaste. "Some girls… I mean, it's enough to listen to one lunch period of squealing girls, talking about hair, makeup, boys… it's disgusting."

"And you have to deal with this every day?" I asked, almost feeling sorry for him. Key word: almost.

"Yeah," he said, death glaring at those girls again. "I mean… those crazy preps… Danella, Amelia, Elissa, Raina… they drive me crazy." [Meira: These are pretty much real preps from my school. I just changed their names to protect their privacy.]

"Go figure," I said, shaking my head. I scanned the lunchroom and saw Yugi and his friends sitting at a table. "You wanna sit by Yugi?" Kai nodded, relieved that he wouldn't have to sit by the preps.

"Oh, Dranzie!" somebody called. We turned and saw Riruka running toward us. [Meira: For those of you who don't know… Dranzer is Kai's Beyblade thingie… is it Bitbeast? I dunno…]

"Hide me," Kai moaned, ducking behind me. Clearly he couldn't stand Riruka more than I could.

Okay, Saéka, think fast. Find some way to stop Riruka. Think fast… think fast… Then it hit me. "Hello, Ruki," I said sweetly. Riruka stopped dead in her tracks.

"What did you call me?" she asked, her voice dangerously low.

"I said, Hello, Ruki," I replied cheerily.

"FREAK!" she yelled. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, CALLING ME RUKI? IS THAT THE BEST INSULT YOU'VE GOT? YOU… YOU… FREAK!"

"Let's see…" I said, pretending to be deep in thought. "You've called me... freak twice, yelled at me for calling you Ruki, then thought that I didn't have any better insults."

"SHUT UP!" she yelled.

"Miss Mizuki!" someone yelled. I turned to see Ms. Yokoshima running up, furious. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm just-" I began, but Ms. Yokoshima didn't give me a chance to finish.

"DETENTION!" she yelled. "Today and tomorrow!"

"But-" I sputtered. "I already have a detention today!"

"Then you may attend detention today and the rest of this week," she said coldly.

"What -? NO! I-" I sputtered, again.

"Be quiet before I decide to put you in detention for a month," she said, glaring daggers at me.

Ha! Little did she know that Kai was death glaring at her behind her back. You could always count on Kai to death glare somebody when you needed him to. Thank god that was his specialty…

"Well…" I shrugged. "Can I please eat now?"

Ms. Yokoshima just glared at me and stalked off. Kai and I walked over to Yugi, with Kai death glaring Riruka.

"What was that all about?" Téa asked, glaring at Ms. Yokoshima.

"She hates me," I grumbled, plopping down next to Joey.

"Why?" Joey asked, curious.

"Because I fell asleep in English," I muttered. "And stay away from my deck!" I snapped, glaring at Tristan, who was reaching for the case holding my deck.

"Hey," he said, throwing his hands up. "I just wanted to see your deck!"

"Ever heard of the word, `ask'?" I shot at him.

"What's the big deal?" Tristan asked.

"C'mon," Kai muttered. "Even I know that she's in a bad mood…"

"Ken's right," Téa chimed in. "I mean, if Ken Hinotama was in a bad mood, we'd know it too. Can't you see that Saskia's in a bad mood? Like Ken said?"

"My… name's… KaiHiwatari…" Kai said through clenched teeth. "Not… Ken… Hinotama…"

"Téa," Yugi said quietly. "His name's Kai, not Ken. And it's Saéka, not Saskia."

"Well," Téa said dismissively. "I'll just call you two Ken and Saskia. It's easier to remember."

"I… don't… care… if… it's… hard… to… remember…" Kai said. I was pretty sure that if Téa continued calling Kai… erm… Ken..., he would explode. "The… name's… Kai…"

"Whatever," I said, turning to my lunch.

But what I didn't see was Seto Kaiba surveying me over his laptop on the other side of the lunchroom.

***`

"How was detention?" Yugi asked when I plopped down next to him during homeroom the next day.

"A nightmare," I replied, rolling my eyes. "Yokoshima was surveying, so of course she made my life a living hell…"

Yugi laughed. "C'mon… she's not that bad…"

"You're right," I muttered. "She's a gazillion times worse."

"Well," Yugi asked. "You going to the dance?"

"What dance?" I asked, looking up.

"The Halloween dance," Yugi replied. "It's next week."

"Japanese people actually have dances?" I asked questioningly. Yugi looked at me in a strange way. I blushed. "Whoops… I forgot that I'm Japanese too…" I muttered.

"Why?" he asked. "You didn't know that you're Japanese?"

"No," I confessed.

"Why?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I muttered.

"You sure?" somebody asked. I looked up at Yugi. He seemed… different. His voice was definitely deeper, and his eyes were different. He seemed wiser… somehow.

"Who are you?" I asked. This just didn't seem like Yugi to me…

"I'm Yugi," he said simply.

"Okay," I laughed. "You are definitely not Yugi." I somehow had felt a connection to Yugi when I first met him… like I'd known him all my life. But I didn't feel a connection to this person.

"Yes I am," he replied indignantly.

"Whatever you say," I laughed. For the first time, I noticed a golden pyramid hanging around his neck. It looked interesting… with a weird eye on it. I was pretty sure that I had seen that eye somewhere before… in some country perhaps.

"What're you staring at?" `Yugi' asked, annoyed.

"Your necklace," I replied simply. "I keep on feeling that I've seen it somewhere before… where I don't know."

`Yugi' looked surprised. "You mean that you've seen my puzzle before?"

"Somewhere," I shrugged. "Like I said, I don't remember where."

"Are you sure?" he asked. Why was he so keen on this subject all of a sudden? Mood swings, I guess.

"Why are you so keen on this subject?" I asked. This `Yugi' was very strange… I also felt like I'd seen him somewhere before.

"I'll tell you…" he whispered, running his hand through his hair. "It's a long story…"

(Meira: Crappy chapter… it's boring too.

Yami: Very crappy… what exactly is the point of this chapter?

Meira: Um… introduce some new characters. Just like a lot of chapters in the beginning, duh!

Yami: *rereads chapter* Well… all you viewers, please read and review… Meira needs a boost in her self-esteem after this crappy chapter.

Meira: HEY!!! I DO NOT!!! *mutters* freak… Too bad I resolved to be nice to you…

Yami: …

Meira: Hehe…

Yami: …

Meira: Oh yeah… GLTB named Ms. Yokoshima. She's sorta modeled after that North Alabama teacher in To Kill A Mockingbird… we started reading that in Reading 9/22. Well, according to GLTB, Yokoshima means `evil'… that fits, doesn't it? Oh… and I'm not going to incorporate this under Beyblade, because this story has just about nothing to do with Beyblade… I'm just incorporating Kai. And as for Dranzer… I'll use it from time to time too… mainly for nicknames.

Now… Saéka's talking to somebody who claims that his name is Yugi, but Saéka can immediately tell that it's not him. If you were in the same situation at her, what would you have done? Would you have ignored it and continued talking to him? Or would you have done the same thing as Saéka and confronted him about it?

Damnit…Social Studies Daily Board Questions are getting to my head… *bangs head against wall*)