Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ Connection ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: Chapter 8! And I was too lazy to start on it…

So… Battle City is going to start and very soon too. As soon as I finish Saéka's deck, I can start on her duels. This should be interesting…

But… for the useless drabble… Go Rebecca! Today's episode… [147] the Return of Rebecca was awesome! I love how Rebecca made Téa furious… and how she beat up Tristan! Hehe… they're scared of a nine year old college student… Well… some of it was retarded [like the closeup… it was Obelisk but my sister and I made a {retarded} joke and said it was Yami's face… how sad.] Anyway… so they went into the Duel Monster World within the Millennium Puzzle, talked to the Dark Magician Girl, unsealed Timaeus, faced that evil eye thing… and go Valin! [is that how you spell his name?] Lol… Valin's Australian! I love how he talks!!! Too bad he likes Mai… >( Lol… those eyebrows look like Yami's eyebrows. Hehe…

Oh… and this is going to be a fairly short chapter… compared to my other chapters.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Kai Hiwatari, Dranzer, Beyblade, Saéka, Riruka, or… anybody else in this story.)

~~Saéka's POV~~

I went to homeroom the day after the dance. I knew I was a half hour early… but who cared? I heard that a new `Dungeon Dice Monsters' game was out. It sounded strangely familiar… like I'd heard the name somewhere before… but where?

I heard a familiar squealing as I drew near the classroom.

"WHAT?" I heard a voice yell. "I came in second at Duelist Kingdom!" This person sounded an awful lot like Joey.

"Are you sure that you came in second place, and you're not second rate?" a smug voice answered. I was sure that I'd heard that voice before. I walked closer.

I drew closer to the doorway, and I saw a face that looked awfully familiar… somebody that I hadn't expected to see.

"Duke," I said, smiling. He turned and saw me standing in the doorway.

"Saéka," he said, smiling. "I didn't expect to see you here."

"Advertising?" I smirked. He shook his head, acting like a pompous, arrogant freak. He hadn't changed since the first time I met him.

"Well… I suppose you wouldn't understand the art of games…" he said, smirking at me. I laughed. "I suppose… but maybe if you knew what the words "Duel Monsters" meant… you could win a duel for the first time in your life…"

"Oh, Duke!" Danella, Raina, and Elissa squealed from behind him. [Meira: I randomly selected three preps to be Duke's cheerleaders… this should be interesting.] Duke ignored them.

"Then you might like to see me crush Wheeler in a duel this afternoon," he smirked. "Then you'll see who's the better duelist."

"I'd love to," I said carelessly. "But I have a policy on not watching duels played by overconfident freaks like yourself…" Duke fumed at these words.

"See you later!" he fumed, leaving the room, his three… erm… ever so faithful cheerleaders following him.

"You know him?" Téa asked, glancing at me. Whoops.

***`

I started flipping through the channels on the television in my hotel room. Lousy people… they only gave me three channels!

I looked around the room. I could go to Duke's Game Shop and see the duel… but I'd already insulted Duke once today… how would he react if all of a sudden I appeared at his game shop, and started insulting him again? He'd probably freak out or something like that. But then again… maybe I could go and then have some fun making fun of him when he lost.

***`

I looked at the giant television screen outside of Duke's new game shop. It was impressive… I had to admit it. But too bad it was owned by Duke Devlin… otherwise I would probably go there sometime.

"Excuse me," a voice said. I looked down to see a short man with gray, spiky hair crawling past me. He looked quite similar to Yugi, actually. Was this the grandfather that Yugi was always talking about?

I was surprised… I didn't think that Yugi's grandfather would be this short. Then again… Yugi was pretty short.

I didn't worry about that. I turned my attention back to the screen. Apparently Yugi and Duke were playing Dungeon Dice Monsters. Scratch that. Yami and Duke. Ha. The infamous Yami no Yugi.

But where had I heard that name before?

Luckily for me, I could get back soon enough, since Yami no Yugi had defeated Duke. So now I could go back… to thinking of more ways to torture both Duke and Kai.

***`

I plopped down on my bed in my hotel room. It'd been a whole week since the Dungeon Dice Monsters incident… and hopefully today wouldn't be horrible… not like yesterday.

~~Flashback~~

"Go!" I yelled from the sidelines. [Meira: Anyone know what Domino High is? Like Lions or Spartans… please tell me if you know!] This soccer game was going to be great! It's the kickoff of the… erm… season… and I had a seat in the front row!

"Popcorn?" a mocking voice said. I turned to see Kai standing there, looking smug, arrogant, and pompous.

"No thanks," I said coldly. "Popcorn would be for the movies."

"The way you're acting… I'd say you were at the movies," he replied, smirking.

"I wouldn't be screaming and yelling at the movies," I said, shaking my head. "But… you're too stupid to know that anyway."

"WHAT?" Kai yelled. "I AM NOT STUPID!"

"Sure…" I replied. I glanced around. Yugi said that he, Téa, Joey, and Tristan would be helping out at the game today. Joey and Tristan were here… but where were Yugi and Téa?

"Hey…" I asked, looking around. "Have you seen Yugi and Téa?" Kai's eye twitched at the mention of Téa's name. Why was he-? Oh yeah… she hadn't stopped calling him Ken Hinotama. Not that it wasn't funny… Kai was just rather sensitive about his name.

For some strange reason… Téa practically… erm… charged out of the doors and ran straight into Joey and Tristan, (nearly) sending them flying. She seemed… hysterical, almost. And… with that (after a few exchanged… paragraphs…) the three of them ran out of the soccer field. What the hell?

~~End Flashback~~

I laid back, pulling out my deck from my backpack. I'd heard that Yugi was an excellent duelist. I wanted to find that out for myself. I shuffled my deck and drew my first hand, to see what I got. Hinotama. Hehe. It reminded me of Ken Hinotama. Not a bad fire card…

But then that's what happened during the soccer game…

~~Flashback~~

"Kai!" I yelled, pressing some buttons on my controller. "I'll beat you for sure this time!" We were playing one of his video games, something about Ninja Turtles. And he was winning, 3-1.

"Oh yeah?" he asked, pressing buttons. "I'd like to see you try."

"I know I can beat you," I replied.

"As if," he replied, walking away, after he had beaten me… again.

"Where're you going?" I called.

"School," he replied. "I forgot my books in my locker." I rolled my eyes. Typical Kai.

***`

Kai ran back into his house about… ten minutes later. He looked pale and frightened.

"What's up?" I asked. Kai didn't normally look like this… he normally looked sullen and liked brooding over things.

"Yugi," he said shortly. "He's in the hospital."

"WHAT?!?" I asked, standing up. "What? He- what? How'd he get there?"

"He was in a burning warehouse about a mile from the school. Téa, Joey, and Tristan found him there," Kai replied.

So Yugi was in the hospital. For some strange reason, I had a feeling that this wasn't an accident… Like I had seen somebody do this before.

I was sure that this had something to do with Yugi's Millennium Puzzle. I just knew it… but how?

~~End Flashback~~

Well… I knew that Yugi was in the hospital because of his puzzle. How did I know it? There had to be some way… and how did I feel like I had seen that fire?

I remember… a little bit after Joey and Tristan had left with Téa, I had felt like I was burning, like fire was scorching me. But it was Yugi that was in the fire…

Did I have some sort of a connection to Yugi?

(Meira: Very crappy chapter… but the tournament is going to start in two chapters. I had to make a transition… somehow.

At the beginning of the story… I put a lot of emphasis on Saéka going to find her brother in Domino. Well… there's not going to be a lot of stuff on that until later chapters. That part was just to put in a dramatic entrance to Japan. But there's still a lot to get through… and I have a lot of episodes to rewatch and lots of episode guides to read. So… chances of me posting up loads of chapters at a time are now nearly slim to none.

Yami: I GOT TO UNSEAL TIMAEUS!

Meira: Please… I'm talking about stuff relevant to this story now. But you unsealed him with Yugi and the Dark Magician Girl's help.

Yami: o.O

Meira: *shakes head* Anyway… the tournament will start in… chapter ten. Yes, this is going to be a long story…

Yami: Yay!

Meira: You need to stop eating Lollipops…

Yami: Make me.

Meira: Then buy them with your own money next time.

Yami: No way! I'll beg for them when you go shopping.

Meira: ... Fine… but you have to buy me the new Soul of the Pharaoh booster pack.

Yami: -.-`

Meira: Please read and review!)