Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 1: I'm Back! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro- Here I am with my first Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfiction. Hope you all like it!

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! I do own Tama, Yume, the Millennium Dragon, and the plot.

_______________________________________

Chapter 1

Hello, my name is Tama. I’m 16 years old and have just moved back to Domino city to stay with one of my cousins. Because I don’t know which one I’m staying with, I haven’t decided which one to change my last name to: Muto or Ishtar.

My brother is currently in Egypt, working on some big computer project (he’s the one who gave me this journal) and my dad is in the States, doing Ra knows what. And so I got sent back here to Domino, after living for about 5 or 6 years in England. ((sigh)) Well, it’s bound to be interesting at any rate. I’ll be able to see my old friend Tea and well, of course I’ll be seeing my cousins. I’m rambling again. My bro says I do that way too much. Well, that’s all I’m writing for now.
-Tama-

-----

Tama closes the dark blue journal she was writing in and locks it, before quickly shoving it under her bed mattress. “You better not have been reading what I wrote again, Yume.” She growls at the Dragon necklace sitting innocently on her bed. She gets no reply from it which makes her frown. Tama quickly scoops up the necklace and puts it on, the delicate golden chain clinking gently against her silver chocker and other silver necklaces.

Tama has long wavy red hair with blonde streaks running through it and the tips of her hair are black. At the moment she has it pulled up into a high ponytail. Like one of her cousins, her eyes are a bright lilac color. Right now she’s wearing a red t-shirt and the pants for Domino High’s guys uniforms. Laying on her bed in a rumpled heap is the jacket.

“You’re running late, you know.” A figure fades in beside her, pointing to the alarm clock on the nightstand.

“The clock’s ahead, Yume. I told you that.” Tama replies, standing up.
Yume looks very similar to Tama except her hair isn’t wavy and instead of blonde streaks and black tips, her streaks are black and the tips are blonde. And her eyes are more of a violet than a lilac color.

Yume looks back at the clock. “No, you’re defiantly running late. It says it’s 7:55 and you have to be at school by 8:10. It’ll take you 15 to 20 minutes just to run there.”

Tama pales. “Oh crap!” She springs up from her bed, grabs her jacket and runs out of the room pulling it on.

Yume chuckles and looks down at the laptop sitting on her hikari’s desk. “Oh dear, she forgot her computer again.” She grins. “Three… two… one…”

At the end of Yume’s count down, Tama bursts back into the room, book bag in one hand, toast in her mouth, and her sneakers on correctly. She darts across the room and grabs the laptop with her free hand before racing out of the room. The whole time she’s chanting, ‘Late, late, late, late…’ under her breath.

A few seconds after Tama is out of the room, Yume fades away, disappearing back into the Millennium Dragon.


Domino High School- 8:15

Malik Ishtar stares boredly out the third floor window (I have no clue how many floors there are) waiting for something interesting to happen. After the Duelist Kingdom tournament had ended things cooled down a lot which made things boring for the Egyptian boy. And then Ishizu forced him into the ‘stupid, horrible, ugly, evil boys school uniform’ as he had put it and forced him to go to the ‘stupid, horrible, too happy, evil school’. And so, he’s looking out the window trying to find at least one interesting thing.

‘Bird, tree, bird, bird, bird, another bird, car, car, car, twenty-billion cars, Tama, bird- WHOA! Tama?’ Malik quickly does a double take and looks at the spot where he thought he saw the tri-color haired girl. ‘Guess not. That would have been cool though.’ He sighs. ‘Where was I? Oh, right. Bird, bird, fence, another bird, car, bug, plane, or is it a bird? Hmm… bug, bird, bug, bug, car, car, truck, motorcycle- oh, that’s mine-, bird…’

A few minutes later, Malik is still off in his own little world when the teacher calls on him. “Ishtar. Ishtar. MR. ISHTAR!”

Malik jumps in his seat and looks around to face the teacher. Several of the other kids in class snicker at the Egyptian boy.

“Ishtar, what is the answer to problem number 15?” Mrs. Hikage asks.

“Umm…?” Malik looks down at his paper. “It’s-” He stops suddenly as the door opens and a confused and tired looking Tama walks in. “Tama!”

Tama jerks her head up and over in Malik’s direction, the frown that was on her face automatically changing into a grin. “Yo, Malik! How’s my favorite psycho doing?”

Malik gives her a thumbs up. “I’m cool.”

“I meant my other favorite psycho.” Tama says, false innocently.

Malik resists chuckling. “I’m still fine.”

If anyone else finds this conversation really weird, they don’t say anything, they just watch as the teacher becomes more and more annoyed. Well, either that or stare in shock at the small tri-color haired girl happily talking to the strange blonde Egyptian.

“Excuse me.” Mrs. Hikage snaps. “Just who are you and why are you interrupting my class?”

Tama sheepishly swings one arm behind her head. “Oh, sorry ‘bout that. I always get carried away when I’m with my cousin.” She smiles. “I’m Tama. At this moment my last name is Muto, but that could possibly change soon.” She holds out an already-rumpled paper for the teacher. “Here ya go. The secretary said I have to get all my teachers to sign the schedule. And before you ask, yes I do have permission to wear this uniform.”

Disgruntled, the teacher takes the paper, signs it quickly, and directs Tama to one of the only open seats; right behind Ryou. Tama barely glances at the white-haired boy, who blinks his light brown eyes in surprise.

‘Tama? But, it can’t be. She would have said something, given me one of her bright smiles, or at least flashed a peace sign quickly.’ Ryou thinks sadly. ‘But she looks and almost acts just like the Tama I knew in England. Including not wanting to wear the girls uniform.’ Ryou almost smiles as he remembers meeting Tama for the first time.

-----

//FLASHBACK

A ten-year-old Tama angrily drops her tray of chips and cheese onto the only table with room left. Ryou jumps at the clattering sound and looks up from his book.

“Umm, is something wrong?” Ryou asks her, as she sits down.

“Oh no, everything’s fine!” Tama replies sarcastically. “The teachers hate me, I’m away from my family and friends, the only thing that resembles food here is the chips and cheese, and- and- OH! I can’t even think!” She pulls a blue bandana from her pocket and quickly tied it on her head. Her lilac eyes are cast downward as she speaks again. “I guess what really bugs me is that I have no friends here… I’m so used to goofing off with my friends in Domino that it’s absolutely boring here. Listen to me, I sound pathetic.”

Ryou sets his book aside and looks over at the tri-color haired girl beside him. “I’ll be your friend.”

Tama looks at him with wide eyes. “W-what?”

Ryou bows slightly. “I’m Bakura, Ryou.”

Tama smiles, her eyes lighting up. “I’m Muto, Tamashira. Tama for short.” She says, bowing as well.

END FLASHBACK//

----

Ryou shakes his head slightly, as if to brush off the memory. ‘It has to be her. But why didn’t she even look at me?’

----

The rest of the day passes by rather quickly, Tama played no pranks in any of her classes for once although there was a small incident at lunch that involved her, Malik, and some stupid preppy cheerleader that happened to get on their nerves.

Tama had easily made friends with Joey, Tristan, and Duke as well, (she already knew Tea) however she seemed determined to completely ignore Ryou, leaving everyone wondering why. Yugi hadn’t been there that day, since he had caught a 24-hour bug.

The end of the day came quickly, and Tama found herself walking with Malik for most of the way home.

“So, where are you staying?” Malik asks.

Tama sighs. “At the moment I’m staying in a small apartment. I’ve got to ask grandpa if I can stay at his and my other cousins house, unless I can stay with you and Ishizu.” She replies.

Malik shakes his head. “I doubt our neighbors could handle it. Ishizu can get pretty mad when I play a joke-too-many. And Marik makes things worse half the time.”

“Oh, yeah. I forgot about your other half.” Tama says, a small smile gracing her face. “He hasn’t come up with any outrageous plots to take over the world again, has he?”

“Not lately. And I haven’t either; guess you’ll have to help us.”
Tama laughs. “Ah, but of course.” She says, adding more of her British accent into that reply. “‘Behind every great man is an even greater woman.’” She recites, purely for the pleasure of annoying her cousin. She laughs again when he does give her an annoyed look.

“So, how’s your other half?” Malik asks after a few minutes.

Tama quiets down, but the smile on her face doesn’t fade. “She’s cool. As annoying as ever, but she’s cool.”

“That’s good to know.”

The two walk in silence for a little ways longer before Malik stops. “This is where I turn off. I live down there,” He points down a small, gravel road. “at house one twenty-three.”

Tama nods. “Okay then. Meet you here tomorrow morning for school?”

“Sounds fine to me.” Malik replies. “See ya.”

“Bye Malik!”

___________________________________________________________

Shiro: There ya go. The first chapter is all done... all posted... (yawns) Nighty night... (falls asleep)

Keitaro: (sighs) Please review.