Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 2: Dragonic Stubborness ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: Hello everyone! I'm back with chapter two! (bright grin)

Keitaro: (twitches) Evil... evil evil little kids... WHY'D IT HAVE TO BE ALL GIRLS!??? AND A FRICKIN' SLEEP OVER TOO! (cries)

Shiro: Kei-kun, I'm upset too, but there's no need to go overboard.

Kaze: They're preppy aren't they.

Shiro: (shrugs) Most likely.

Kitsune: (sneezes as she walks on stage) What's going on guys?

Shiro: My sister's having her bratty, preppy little friends over for her birthday and then they're going to sleep over. If they take over the computer I'm gonna be beyond pissed off.

Keitaro: You don't think they'd take over video games, do you?

Shiro: (blinks) Hmmm...

Keitaro: Food first, play games when they get here?

Shiro: Bingo!

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-G-Oh! in any way. I do own Tama, Yume, the Millennium Dragon, and the screwed up plot.

Chapter 2

Well, I met one of my cousins yesterday at school; it was Malik. I think Yugi may have been sick. You’ll never believe who I did see yesterday! Ryou! Ryou Bakura lives here in Domino and never told me! Going on that, he never told me he was moving, and then he never wrote to me or called me! I can tell by his eyes that he recognizes me; those same innocent chocolate brown eyes I’ve known so well. Only now they’re filled with more pain. What happened to him? I remember playing together in Junior High; he was my only friend.

((sigh)) Well, today’s school again. Lucky me, I got here on a Wednesday so I only have three days this week. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. ((nods)) Hopefully Yugi, my other cousin, will be at school today. I don’t have enough money to stay at the stupid apartment building for one more night. Since I can’t stay with Malik, ‘cause we’d drive the neighbors even more insane, I’ve got to talk to Yugi. Well, that’s all. I gotta go meet Malik for school before I’m late again.
-Tama-

Tama sighs and closes the journal, locks it, and shoves it into her book bag. Yume sits close by, meditating on the floor.

“You got up early today.” Yume comments. “Going to see someone special?”

Tama raises an eyebrow. “Yume, you were with me all day yesterday just like you always are. The only person I’m meeting up with this morning is Malik, and he’s my cousin.”

Yume smirks and opens her eyes. “What about Ryou, your Junior High crush?”

Tama blushes madly. “Y-yume! He was not!”

“You should talk to him.” Yume says, stretching out on the floor. “After all, he was your best friend. That bond isn’t so easily broken, ya know? I know for a fact that you don’t hate him, that you’re just upset and a little angry.”

Tama glares at Yume and pulls on her blue jacket. “I am not.” She says crossly, as she picks up her laptop and puts it into a silver carry case. Then she grabs her book bag. “Yume, it’s been years since I last saw him. We’ve both changed.”

Yume rolls her eyes. “Tama, it was barely two years ago.”

“Feels longer…” Tama grumbles, slipping on her sneakers. She glances at her annoying clock. ‘7:40, time to go.’ Tama starts to the door. “Yume, we’ll talk about this later, I’ve gotta go meet Malik.”

Yume sighs heavily and disappears into the Millennium Dragon. ((We will talk about this now.))

‘Yume, not now. Please.’ Tama says, walking out of her room, making sure to lock the door.

((Hikari, I don’t understand why you won’t even listen. It’s almost like you’re afraid to talk to him. Do you think he won’t accept you? Or maybe…)) Yume muses. ((…maybe you’re afraid he has changed.))

Tama stops in her tracks. ‘Th-that’s not it, Yume.’

((It sounds like I hit home, little hikari.))

‘THAT’S NOT IT!!’

Yume winces from inside her soul room as Tama’s voice echoes around her.

Tama begins walking quickly. Tears beginning to form in her eyes. “That’s not it, that’s not it, that’s not it…” She chants over and over again, her fast walking developing into a run.

((Hikari.)) Yume says gently, waiting patiently for Tama to listen. Unfortunately, Yume doesn’t have too much patience. ((Tamashira! Stop!))

Tama stops abruptly, a single teardrop falling from her face. “That’s not it… it can’t be… it can’t be…”

Yume appears beside her, worried about her Light. ((Hush, little light. Everything is fine. I’m sorry. Here, you go rest. I’ll get you to school.))

Tama nods. ‘But Mal-’

((Hush, I know where to meet him.)) Yume says, taking over but leaving Tama’s features. ((Go rest.))

It takes Yume a short time to get to where Tama and Malik decided to meet up to walk to school. Once there she tells Malik that Tama got upset and that she had to take over. Malik then makes her promise to give Tama back control when they get to school, knowing how much trouble yami’s can get into there.

School- 8:00

Tea, Yugi, Joey, Tristan, Ryou, and Duke are all waiting for Tama to arrive the next morning. Of course, Yugi isn’t sure why they are waiting because no one told him.

“Hey, there she is!” Joey yells, pointing down the road. “Hey, Tama!”

Down the road with Malik, Yume raises an eyebrow. “My little light has such interesting friends.”

“You don’t even know the half of it.” Malik grumbles. “We’re at school now, better let Tama out.”

Yume nods. “Yes, as I promised. Let me wake her up first.” ((Tama. Tama, wake up we’re at school.))

Inside her soul room, Tama yawns and cracks open one eye. “I don’t wanna, Yume. I only got seven hours of sleep last night.”

((Don’t care, get up.)) Yume says, forcing Tama to take over. She quickly retreats to her own soul room and puts up a barrier so Tama can’t force her back out.

Tama stumbles slightly when she’s forced out and then yawns. “Darn it… can’t even get five minutes worth of sleep.”

Malik smirks. “No, you got fifteen.” His smirk grows larger. “Hey look, Tama, you have a greeting party!”

Tama blinks and looks up ahead to see the rest of the group. “Oh, wonderful.” She looks a little more closely. “Hey, is that Yugi?” She grins as Malik nods and then runs past him to the group to tightly hug Yugi. “YUG!”

Yugi soon turns red partly from embarrassment and partly because Tama is cutting off his air with her tight hug. “Tam’, can’t breath.” He manages to choke out, making Tama immediately release him.

She laughs nervously. “Sorry ‘bout that, Yugi. I was just a little excited to see you again is all.”

“It’s alright, Tama.” Yugi replies. “So, when did you get here? And why are you here?”

“Oh, I got here Tuesday evening around 7 o’clock.” Tama replies. “And I’m here ‘cause dad’s off in the states doing Ra knows what again, and bro’s off in Egypt working on a new game system. Don’t know why he’s working on it there, though.”

Yugi nods. “Sounds just like them.” He almost asks about her mom but then thinks better of it. “That still doesn’t explain why you’re here.”

After taking his time, Malik’s now with the rest of the group. Smirking he walks up to Tama and wraps his arms around her shoulders. “She’s here,” He says, his smirk growing wider as Tama’s left eye begins twitching. “Because she wants to be closer to her ‘beloved cousin’.”

Tama calms herself down (this stops the eye twitching), which is a little easier with Malik and Yugi’s comforting presences and with Yume quietly settled down in her soul room. “Who says you’re my favorite cousin, Malik? It could be Yug’.”

Malik gives her a dark look.

“Joking, joking.” Tama says. “Jeez, Mal.” She whispers to him, “your suppose to be the Light one.”

“We’re too evil to be Lights.” Malik whispers back.

Tama nods in response. “Yes, Yume and I argue about that all the time.”

“What are you two whispering about?” Tea asks suspiciously, easily recalling what happened the day before at lunch after the two finished whispering.

Tama and Malik both jump at the sound of the brunettes voice. “Nothing.”

“Guilty conscious?” Tea teases.

“You wish.” Tama playfully shoots back.

The first bell rings right after Tama says this, making the group look toward the school.

“C’mon guys, we’d better get inside.” Duke says, fixing one of the die on his earrings. “I really don’t want to get in trouble for getting in there with less than a minute left again.”

Tama raises an eyebrow. “Damn, I figured the teacher was an ass, but I didn’t think it’d be that bad. Yesterday I just though Malik did something stupid or played a joke to tick her off.”

“The birds were distracting me.” Malik grumbles in defense.

Tama giggles.

After the interesting conversation between the two, the group begins making their way to homeroom/first period. On the short trip, Joey, Yugi, Tama, and Malik got into a Duel Monsters discussion while the others merely listened.

“Tama, how is it fair if you use a card or cards that noone else could possibly even get?!” Malik exclaims. “And no one else has ever even heard of those three dragons!”

“What three dragons?” Joey asks.

Tama sighs. “I have a dragon/fire-type deck. When I was in Egypt visiting my brother a few years ago, he gave me three incredibly rare dragon cards.” As she’s talking, Tama reaches into her inside jacket pocket and pulls out her deck. “They were my Dragon of Chaotic Light,” She lifts the first card up, revealing a pure white dragon with golden-yellow eyes. “my Dragon of Chaotic Darkness,” The next card she lifts up has a pure ebony black dragon with a reddish glow. Its eyes are dark violet. “and last but not least, my Dragon of Chaotic Shadows!” The last dragon is more of a pepper color; an interesting dark gray with black, light gray, and white scales decorating its body. Its eyes are cerulean blue.

“Malik’s right, I’ve never even heard of those cards!” Yugi exclaims. “You’d better be careful around here, Tama. We’ve had more than one person try to take our rare cards.

“I’d like to see them try.” Tama replies, shuffling the three cards back into her deck.

Both Malik and Ryou quietly chuckle at her statement, finding it amusing.

“What are you two laughing at?” Tama asks as they walk into the classroom. “Anyway, what’s your guys rarest cards?”
“I’ve got my Time Wizard, my Red Eyes Black Dragon, and-”

“Red Eyes?” Tama asks. “Awesome… I’ve only seen that one. Besides the blue eyes that’s one of the only dragon cards I’ve never owned.”

“Fanatic.” Malik mutters.

“Am not.”

“Are so.”

“Am not.”

“Are so.”

“Am not!”

“Are so!”

“Am not!”

“Are so-!”

-RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!-

Amazingly, before the bell finishes ringing, everyone in the group is in their correct seat.

((Ready to talk to him yet?)) Yume asks out of the blue, startling Tama.

‘Yume, I’ve told you a hundred bloody times; Do. Not. Do. That.’ Tama grows to her yami through their mind link.

((How much convincing will it take to get through to you this time?)) Yume asks.

‘What are you talking about, Yume?’

((Remember the time it took me about a week to convince you to start wearing the gold bands that Malik gave you for your birthday?))

‘Yume, that’s completely different. Before I got the Millennium Dragon gold always agitated my skin.’

Yume snorts. ((Tama, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It was the gold paint on earrings that agitated your ears. Actual gold does not.))

‘So I was young and stupid, who cares?’

((Hikari, you were thirteen.))

“-TO! TAMA MUTO!”

Tama jumps at the sight of her red faced teacher right in front of her. Unfortunately, her brain doesn’t quite register what’s going on until she hears some of the class giggling.

“Hall, now! And that’s a detention!” Mrs. Hikage yells.

Tama turns red from embarrassment and makes sure to grab her laptop before leaving.

“Tama, are you-?”

“I’m fine.” She coolly replies, effectively cutting Ryou off.

Ryou sighs as she walks out the door. ‘Tama… it’s not fine. Why won’t you talk to me? You won’t even look at me!’

Malik sighs. ‘I warned her about spacing out while talking to Yume in class.’

The Hall

“Thank you yami-dearest. You just got me kicked out of class.” Tama grumbles to herself, sitting down before she opens her laptop and turns it on.

Yume appears standing up next to her Light. “If you weren’t so stubborn then it wouldn’t have happened.”

‘Stubborn? If I weren’t so stubborn? What about you, Yume? You are being the stubborn on here.’ Tama says furiously, opening up a 3D document.

Yume crouches down next to Tama. “My dear demented little hikari,” She says, unfazed as Tama’s fist goes right through her. “You are the one who won’t even talk to the poor boy. You haven’t even asked him why he never wrote or called. Shouldn’t you at least get his side of the story before you-” Yume freezes in her small rant as a teardrop falls onto the keyboard. “Tama?”

Tama hiccups and shuts off her laptop before closing it. She slowly stands up, her eyes hidden by her bangs. “Shut up, Yume… JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” Leaving her laptop on the floor, Tama tugs her dragon necklace and drops it onto the floor before running down the hall.

“Tama…” Yume whispers before disappearing.

A few minutes after this, Mrs. Hikage sends Yugi out to bring Tama back in.

“Tama, you can come back in now.” Yugi says after opening the door. He frowns when he gets no answer. “Tama?” He asks, stepping out into the hall. Yugi’s foot hits something, making him look down. ‘Well, here’s her laptop. But where’s Tama?’ He bends down and picks up the laptop. As he’s standing back up a flash of gold catches his eye.

“Muto, it does not take this much time just to get one person back inside.” Mrs. Hikage says, stepping into the hall. “Where is she?”

“I don’t know, Mrs. Hikage…” Yugi says quietly.

The teacher frowns. “Fine then, she can just stay out here. Come back inside, Muto.”

“Yes, Mrs. Hikage.” Yugi replies, waiting for her to go back in before grabbing the small gold object he had seen. ‘A dragon?’


Shiro: (sighs) I know, I know. It's an odd place to end it, but it seemed a perfect spot in the full document. You'll see what I mean next chapter.

Kaze: (holds up JumpDrive) Kit wanted me to remind you to save all this junk.

Shiro: (sighs) Of course she did...

Kaze: She also said you have to work on your other fanfictions before you work on this one any more.

Shiro: WHAT!?? First I'm gonna be surrounded by midgets all day and now I can't work on this one anymore?! What the fuck?!

Keitaro: Food time, Shiro! Joey just finished up!

Shiro: YES! Food, food, food-

Kaze: Crossbreed, save the damn story before you leave. Unless you enjoy Kit yelling at you.

Shiro: Yes, mother. (rolls eyes)

-WHAP-

Kaze: Call me that again and I'll kill you.

Shiro: (glares at Kaze) I hate you, windy. (lights Kaze's clothes on fire) BWAHAHAAHAHA! Now, I shall make my escape!

-CRACK-

Shiro: (gone)

Kaze: (rolling on the ground to put out the flames) Wait a second.... this is fox-fire.... CROSSBREED! YOU LITTLE BITCH! COME BACK HERE!

Keitaro: If you're reading this, then please review! (runs off to the kitchen)

REVIEW REPLIES
Kaibafan5- Yeah! My first reviewer! (bright smile) I'm glad you like it so far. Thank you for reviewing!