Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 18: Past Relived ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: All I have to say right now is that this chapter may be very confusing for some people. The confusing things will be explained at the bottom of the chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! I do own Tama, Yume, the Chaotic Dragons, the dragon pendant, and the plot.

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H-T-- D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Chapter 18: Past Relived
“It won’t fit!”

“Well, just shove it in! Its not that hard!”

Tama sighs. “Ra… you ask them to do one simple little thing like pack up the bug and they just have to make an argument out of it.”

Malik grumbles something about having idiot yami’s and then he whistles. “Knock it off and arrange the suitcases properly! There’s not that many!”

“And we still have to pick up Yugi.” Tama reminds them.

Ryou watches as the three yami’s begin arguing once again, this time over the correct placement of the bags. “Guys, at this rate we’ll miss our plane.”

“They don’t look too worried about it.” Malik comments.

“They should be! It’s because of them that we’re going to visit Ishizu in Egypt in the first bloody place!” Tama says heatedly. “Hey boneheads! Get to work!” She shouts, losing control of her temper.

“SHUT UP!” Yume and Bakura yell back.

“Tama, your temper, watch your temper.” Ryou murmurs.

“Screw my bloody temper!”

Ryou and Malik both jump forward and grab Tama’s arms to keep her from attacking the two yami’s.

Marik grins and crams Malik’s suitcase into the bug and slams the back shut. He turns around, still grinning, and shouts, “All done!” and then promptly sweat drops when he sees Bakura and Yume still arguing.

Tama stops fighting Malik and Ryou’s hold. “Hey Malik, your yami is officially hopeless.”

The other two Lights just sweat drop.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama gently fans herself with her notebook. “Too hot…” She murmurs.

Ryou takes another sip of water from his water bottle for the fifth time in the past ten minutes and Yugi looks around in interest. Malik looks completely comfortable dressed in a dark beige t-shirt and a pair of black pants.

“It feels good you big sissy.” Malik says.

“How much further?” Ryou asks.

Malik studies their surroundings for a moment. “I’d say we’ve got about twenty minutes to go.”

Tama audible groans, Ryou looks pitifully at his half-fill water bottle, and Yugi smiles.

“It’s nice out here, isn’t it?” The small teen comments.

Ryou and Tama look at Yugi incredulously, one thought running through both their minds. ‘He’s insane.’

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

They finally reach Malik and Ishizu’s old underground home and Malik leads them down to the main tunnel where Ishizu and Odion are waiting.

Ishizu takes one look at Ryou and Tama’s disheveled forms and chuckles. “You two look tired.”

“They both drank their bottles of water before we even got here.” Malik explains. “And I’m not even going to tell you how many times Tama tripped.”

“You’re just in time for dinner.” Odion mentions, feeling an argument coming on.

Tama perks up at hearing a word associated with food. “What are we having?”

“Dinner surprise most likely…” Malik mutter, earning himself a smack on the head courteousy of Ishizu.

The four hungry teens follow Ishizu and Odion to the dining room. From there the atmosphere is light and joking, since right after dinner the yami’s come out to tell jokes and funny stories. After that the only thing they want to do is sleep.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The next morning everyone is woken up by one overexcite able yami, two arguing yami’s, and on PO’d Yami. This makes for four irritated hikari’s, an annoyed older sister, and an exasperated Odion.

After breakfast (during which the Lights, Ishizu, and Odion left the Darks alone in the tunnel) everything finally calms down and they head down the tunnels, taking a route Tama finds strangely familiar. A sense of déjà vu washes over her when she looks at the carvings of dragons on the walls.

“Ow!” Yume hisses, glaring at Bakura who immediately puts an innocent look reminiscent of Ryou’s. “Knock it off, Tomb Robber!”

“I didn’t go anything, Dragon Guardian.” Bakura replies.

“Both of you, stop it.” Tama growls. “And Yume, what do you mean by ‘ow’?”

Yume looks puzzled for a moment before realization dawns on her. “I- I felt something, hikari. He poked me!”

“What are you? Five?” Tama retorts, her brain not quite registering. ‘Stop. Rewind.’ “Wait, did you just say you felt him poking you?”

Everyone stops walking to look at the yami’s.

“Can all of you feel?” Ishizu asks.

Malik pokes Marik experimentally, which makes his Dark jump in surprise.

“Don’t do that! It tickles!” Marik exclaims, and then smile broadly. “It tickles! Yeah!”

“MARIK!” Malik cries when Marik scoops him up in one of his bone-crushing hugs.

Ryou sighs. “Not a day goes by without Marik making some kind of scene.” He says to Tama, who nods.

The group soon moves on after breaking up a minor scuffle between Bakura and Yume. Soon they come to a staircase which Yume carefully eyes.

“Where are we?” Yami asks, looking around.

Ishizu looks around, her eyes strangely blank. “This is the chamber of the Dragon Sanctuary.”

Yume steps forward in awe, gazing around the chamber. A set of hieroglyphics on the wall catches her attention and she walks over to them to trace them with her fingers.

“Yumeri, youngest Dragon Guardian to grace this chamber, cousin to Pharaoh Atemu, High Priestess Isis, High Priest Seth, and thief Mariku, wife to the Thief King Bakura. Forever true.” Malik reads.

“I didn’t know you and Bakura were married.” Yugi comments to Yume in a surprised tone.

“Yeah, and look how well that turned out.” Bakura growls.

Yume glares at Bakura. “I did not betray you!” She yells heatedly.

“It’s your fault I was sealed!”

“It was not! I tried to talk you out of going against the pharaoh, but you, being the stubborn ass you are, just had to not listen to me and went anyway!”

“You never told me he was your damn cousin! And you could have at least prevented me from being sealed!”

“How could I?!” Yume yells, tears already falling from her eyes. “How could I with five guards holding me back?! How could I with my strength half drained from trying to stop you and from our child?! How could I when those damned guards killed me as both you and Yami were being sealed!? How the hell could I?!”

Bakura looks at Yume in shock, his mahogany eyes widening. His mouth suddenly dry, he manages to croak a shaky, “What? You- you were-”

“Pregnant? Yes.” Yume replies, almost softly. “I didn’t find out until after; when Light told me.”

“Who?” Almost everyone asks.

/././Me./././ An amused voice says. She clears her throat. /././Oh yes… Who is it that dares to enter the Dragon Sanctuary?/././

Yume steps forward, ignoring Bakura’s pleading look. “Yume, Guardian of the Dragons from long ago.”

/././Well I’ll be./././ Another voice comments, his voice much deeper than Lights with the same old growl. /././Yumeri, is that you?/././

“Hello, Dark.” Yume replies.

Everyone except Yume gasps when a large pure white dragon with golden eyes exit’s the tunnel opposite of them, soon followed by an even larger ebony black dragon with violet eyes, and then a smaller (but still big) dark gray, light gray, black, and white dragon with blue eyes.

“Light, Dark, Shadow, this is my hikari, Tama Muto.” Yume introduces, pulling Tama forward, away from Ryou.

Light smiles, which is rather creepy on a dragon, and bows her head. /././We were wondering when you’d come here again. You were far too young the last time you came… you hadn’t even received the Dragon Guardian pendant yet./././

/././Is it time for Yumeri’s crossing already?/././ Shadow asks, his voice no longer child-like.

/././It’s taken over 3000 years, Shadow./././ Dark says. /././It’s high time for Yume’s crossing. And as such, we need a new Dragon Guardian. Lucky for us, Yume brought the next Guardian to us./././

Tama looks nervously at the three dragons.

/././Come forth, young Guardian./././ Light says gently. /././We shall not harm you./././

Yume gently pushes Tama forward and then steps back.

/././I trust Yumeri has told you of the duties of the Dragon Guardian./././ Light waits until Tama nods before she continues. “Very well, state your full name./././

“Tamashira Chizu Muto.”

/././Tamashira, do you accept the duties that come with being the Guardian of the Dragons?/././ Dark asks.

Tama takes a deep breath to calm her nerves. “I do.”

/././We the Dragons, Guardians of the Dragon Sanctuary invoke our right to choose and train a Dragon Guardian of our choosing! We ask you to allow this right!/././ The three say in unison.

As before, a pair of blue eyes appear in one tunnel and a pair of red eyes in the other.

/././So you ask, so is your right, so we agree./././

The dragon pendant glows brightly and grows warm against Tama’s chest. Then a bright light emits from the pendant, lighting up the entire room. Tama shuts her eyes tightly because of the blinding light.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“…ma? Tama, are you alright?” Ryou asks worriedly, one hand placed on Tama’s forehead. He takes it away when Tama opens her eyes and looks at him in shock. Then she looks around the tunnel in a confused manor, getting worried looks from everyone except Yume and Bakura.

“I’m fine Ryou.” She murmurs. “So Ishizu, where are we going?” Tama asks, trying to change the topic, but at the same time unable to not notice that the dragon carvings are now gone from the walls.

“The chamber of the past.” Ishizu replies. “We have the pharaohs name thanks to Yume, and we have all seven Millennium Items, so we should be able to open the door to the past. Before that though, Yugi and Yami must duel one another.”

Odion opens a door after Ishizu says this and the group enters the room. Directly opposite them is a set of steps that lead up to a platform before a large door.

A strange looking ‘table’ on the floor catches Ryou’s attention and he walks over to it. He notices seven odd spaces, shaped in very familiar forms…

“That is where the Millennium Items must be placed before we can open the door.” Ishizu explains. “Yugi has the scale, the key, and the puzzle, I have the necklace, Malik has the rod, and Ryou has the eye and ring.”

“You have the eye?” Yami asks Ryou, who points to Bakura. “I should have known. One a moronic Tomb Robber always a moronic Tomb Robber.”

There’s a moment of silence except for Bakura’s growling and then…

“You remember!” Yume happily yells. “I recognize that cocky tone, baka pharaoh!”

Yami scowls. “Shut up, Little Pharaoh.”

Yume’s violet eyes darken. “I know you did not just call me that. Do you have a death wish?”

“Well seeing as how we came here to cross over, yes.” Yami replies.

Yume curses. “I hate you, Yami.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

After the little exchange of words between Yume and Yami, Yami and Yugi do some last minute preparing for their final duel. The duel lasts a long time, and takes a toll on Yugi who eventually comes out the victor.

Then they all place the Millennium Items in their respectable places and Yume steps determinedly forward and firmly speaks the pharaohs name.

“Atemu.”

They all watch in amazement as the door opens, a bright golden light shining on the other side.

“I guess… this is goodbye.” Yume whispers.

Marik throws himself on the ground and clings to Malik’s leg. “I don’t wanna go!”

Everyone else sweat drops and Malik hisses, “Stop making a scene, Marik!”

Marik begins crying, still clinging to Malik’s leg. “Marik no wanna go! Marik wants to stay here with hikari-pretty!”

Malik looks pleadingly at the others. “A little help, please?”

He is ignored and stuck standing there with his spiky haired counterpart clinging to his leg, which is already showing early stages of numbness.

Yume and Tama hug while Ryou and Bakura awkwardly shake hands.

“I’ll miss you, Yume.” Tama murmurs.

“I’ll miss you too, Tama.” Yume replies, before stepping back away from her hikari. “You take care f her, alright? She tends to do stupid things if no one is there to top her.” She tells Ryou, who laughs and replies with, “I’ll take care of her, Yume. Don’t worry.”

“And you take care of him.” Bakura growls.

Tama gives Bakura a thumbs up. “I’ll handle any bullies that threaten him so you won’t have to worry.” She gives them both a watery smile. “Both of you take care of yourselves.” She looks up to see Yami approaching. Gently, she gives him a hug and whispers, “You take care of yourself too, and please keep Bakura and Yume from killing each other.”

“I will.” Yami replies, stepping away from her. Then he shakes Ryou’s hand and walks toward Yume and Bakura who are waiting by the door.

“Will somebody please help me.” Malik yells, still trying to get Marik to let go of his leg.

Yami sighs. “The things I do…” With Tama’s help, he manages to pry Marik off Malik’s leg and then drags him up to the door.

“Ready?” Yume asks, slipping her hand in Bakura’s.

Yume and Bakura are the first to go through, followed by Marik. As they go through, their clothes change to those they wore in the past. Then Yami steps forward. He glances back at Yugi as his clothes change. A pain fills his heart when he sees the tears welling up in his hikari’s eyes. Quickly, he turns around and walks through, ignoring the tugging sensation he feels.

The door closes and everything is silent. Then Yugi collapses on the ground, silently sobbing. Tama rushes forward and wraps her arms around her cousin in a comforting gesture.

“Shh… Yugi, it’s alright. We’re gonna be fine…”

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D --L-I-G-H-T--D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Okay, first off, this chapter does not follow the whole Memory World thing, because I have yet to see all of it. So, I just made it up. Fun. Some of the things might be partially correct, but I really have no idea. I read so much stuff that I get completely confused.

The scene after Tama becomes the next Dragon Guardian... well, basically only one person and Seto (who has yet to accept the fact that he's the Dragon Highlord) is suppose to know of her being the Dragon Guardian. More like, she can only tell one person. The dragons powers are very mysterious, and one of them is control and other is a slight bit of time control. So, to everyone except Yume, Bakura, and Tama, the whole Dragon Guardian initiation never happened.

Next, the issue with Marik. I know there's going to be someone complaining about how he didn't exist in Ancient Egypt. I know. I know he was really created from the darkness of Malik's mind and everything, but this makes it more interesting. What's even more interesting is that I did keep it so he doesn't dwell in the Millennium Rod, he does- well, did dwell in Malik's mind.

And last, this story will soon come in an end. I've already finished writing the entire thing on paper and all that's left is to type it. In fact, this story is only going up to chapter 20. But there is a little surprise at the end... Anyway, since it's coming to an end soon and there are some questions I won't be answering in the actual story, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Shiro: Man, that was a long AN. But it had to be done in order to answer some of the major questions.

Bast: I can't believe you've already finished! It took you a year and a half to finish Truth Be Told but it only took six months to finish this one!

Keitaro: There's still two chapters left, Bast.

Bast: I meant I can't believed you've finished writing it.

Shiro: I know, I can't believe it either... As always, 'thank you's' are below. And please review! (4 reviews and I'll post chapter 19)

Q&A:
Q- What did Ryou get from Tama's dad? (Is it a ring?)
A- (blinks) Well damn... (blinks again) Umm, that shall be revealed in chapter 20 which will most likely be posted either tomorrow or Monday or... oh hell, whenever I get the thing typed up.
Q- Tama and Ryou need more moments.
A- I know this isn't a question, but I can't help but reply to this one. Yes, they do! (grins) All fluffy moments will come in chapter 20, that's a promise!

NEXT CHAPTER- Chapter 19: Past Returned
That's all I'm giving you this time.