Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 19: Past Returned ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kaze: Off on an updating spree, aren't you.

Shiro: (stubbornly ignoring Kaze) Here it is, chapter 19. It's a little short, but it gets everything I need in there.

Bast: (reading over chapter) Hmm... Tama's afraid of thunder?

Shiro: (nods) Yup. Now if you'll excuse me... I smell cookies! Kyle's been baking! Kaze, I leave it to you! (runs off stage)

Bast: Wait for me, hikari! (runs after Shiro)

Kaze: (twitches) The idiot crossbreed doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh. She just owns Tama, Yume, the Chaotic Dragons, the dragon pendant, and the screwed up plot.


-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G- H-T--D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Chapter 19: Past Returned

All is silent in the Bakura household. All the lights are off. Several cards set on a table reading ‘Happy Birthday!’. A brown and golden cat lays on the back of the couch, sleeping comfortably. All is peaceful inside, but outside is a different story.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama carefully twists her fan so that the dagger Malik threw bounces off in a different direction. Her lilac eyes are darker than usual and are narrowed in concentration. Malik automatically pulls out another dagger as Tama advances. Tama swipes at Malik with her fan, and he ducks to avoid getting another cut on his face. As he ducks, Tama gets behind him, manages to slip the dagger from his hand, and wraps her arms around his neck, holding the dagger up against his throat.

“I give.” Malik says stiffly.

Tama takes the dagger away from her cousins throat and throws it down, making it embed itself deeply in the ground.

Ryou barely pays attention, running a hand along the prongs of one of his sai. His dark brown eyes staring blankly ahead.

“Again.” Tama says, retrieving her other fan.

“Again? Tama, I’m wiped out.” Malik says, walking around, picking up some of his daggers.

Tama carelessly flicks both her fans open. “One more.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Needless to say, Tama, Malik, and Ryou have been rather reckless since their Darks passed on. It’s partially their way of dealing with the pain of separation. Tama has fallen back into her old ‘I-don’t-give-a-damn’ outlook, Malik’s less talkative and serious all the time now, and Ryou has moments where he stares blankly at something and nothing at all can snap him out of it. Like now. And also, none of them have been eating much.

Yugi, understandably, is the worst.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Yugi’s room is dark, similar to the way Ryou’s house is now. Duel Monster cards lay scattered around in a corner of the otherwise clean room. The same corner Yugi is huddles up in with a blue blanket wrapped securely around him. His amethyst eyes look dully at the floor, at the cards. He doesn’t even look up when someone knocks loudly on his door.

“Yug’! Come on out! Me ‘n Tristan want you to come play at da arcade with us!” Joey yells through the closed and locked door.

Yugi doesn’t say anything or move.

Téa’s voice drifts through the door next. “Come on, Yugi! You haven’t been out of your room since you got back from Egypt.”

Yugi just drops his Kuriboh card, which slides across the floor and comes to a rest underneath his bed. Seconds later a Kuriboh squeezes out from under his bed, floats across the room, and goes straight through the door. Screaming can be heard on the other side and then the sound of footsteps. Then Kuriboh floats back through the door and over to Yugi. Yugi wraps his arms around the fluffy creature and then buries his face in its soft fur and begins crying.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

So the hikari’s are doing horribly. It makes you wonder how the yami’s are taking the separation…

Things can only get better from here. Unless I’m wrong and things get much, much worse. Lets hope it gets better.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Thunder crashes outside and lightning lights up the entire room. After a particularly loud crash of thunder, Tama runs into the room and jumps up into Ryou’s bed and manages to bury herself under the blankets shivering.

Ryou looks at the shaking mass of blankets in surprise. “Tama?” He questions, almost jumping when she wraps her arms around his waist. “Tama, are you alright?”

-(Scared. Hate thunder.)- Tama manages to send through their mind link.

Ryou sighs and lifts the covers up. -‘Come here.’-

Another boom of thunder makes Tama yelp and stay where she is, clinging tightly to Ryou. Then a crash sounds from downstairs, making the tri-color haired girl slowly poke her head out from under the blankets.

-(W-what was that?)-

-‘Sounded like a crash. We haven’t heard one of those for a while.’-

-(You wanna go check?)-

Another crash from downstairs answers that question, since Ryou throws the blankets back and gets up out of the bed. Tama follows, holding onto Ryou’s arm tightly, squeezing it whenever it thunders.

The two meet up with Malik in the hall, who has a dagger in each hand, and then three go downstairs together and walk to the living room onto to stop short at the sight before them.

Mouth agape, Tama squeaks, “Yume?”

The dark skinned tri-color haired girl standing in the living room pauses mid-strike and then decides to go ahead and smack her spiky blonde haired companion. “Hello again, hikari. Miss me?”

“YUME!” Tama happily yells, running forward to tightly hug her yami. The invading darkness within her soul disappears, replaced with her unique light.

“Hikari-pretty!” Marik squeals, scooping up his poor hikari and squeezing him to death. “Mariku missed hikari-pretty!”

As with Tama, the invading darkness in Malik’s soul disappears, leaving only his unique light.

Ryou cautiously approaches Bakura. “Welcome home, Bakura.”

Bakura raises an eyebrow. “What, no hug for me?”

Smiling, Ryou gives his yami a quick hug, which is enough to erase the darkness invading his own soul.

“You know, you two didn’t keep your promise which is why we had to leave our wonderfully exciting afterlife.” Yume comments. “Therefore, you must be punished.”

Tama rolls her eyes, already having caught her Dark’s feelings through their link, which has already reconnected. “Yume, you were bored to tears the entire time.”

Yume pouts and whispers to Bakura. “I don’t like her. She reads minds.”

“I knew I shouldn’t have let you watch Ice Age…” Tama grumbles.

Malik looks around. “Hey guys, I think we have a problem. Where are they going to sleep?”

“Crap.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

So, everything’s getting back to normal at the Bakura household. The return of Bakura, Yume, and Marik has already thrown everything back into balance. Now lets go see what’s going on at the Game Shop, shall we?

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Yugi’s still curled up in the corner of the room, hugging Kuriboh, except now he’s asleep. Outside the thunder booms loudly and light from the lightning streams in through the window, but none of it bothers the small teen.

The bedroom door slowly opens and a familiar looking dark-skinned teen with black, red, and blonde hair steps into the room. His violet eyes gaze sadly at the small form in the corner and he slowly walks over, taking great care not to step on any of the cards.

Kuriboh wakes up and sees Yami and carefully wiggles free from Yugi’s arms. He makes a questioning sound before floating over to the bed and squeezing back under it.

Yami kneels down in front of his Light and gently taps him on the shoulder. “Aibou… aibou, wake up.”

Yugi’s eyes flicker open and he looks startled up at Yami. “Y-yami? IS that really you?” He reaches one hand up slowly toward Yami’s face.

Yami catches his arm. “Yes, it is.”

‘Warm… his hand is warm…’ Yugi notices. ‘He’s… alive?’

Yami tilts Yugi’s head so he’s looking up at him. “I’m here and alive and I’m not going to leave you again.”

Yugi begins crying again, this time out of happiness, and then he tightly hugs Yami. Yami wraps his arms around his Light and closes his eyes, allowing the purity of his Light to wash over him.

“Never again…”

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E- D--L-I-G-H-T--D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Shiro: One more chapter to go, everyone!

Kaze: (dully) Yeah...! (waves little flags)

Shiro, Bast, Keitaro, and Kyle: (glare at Kaze)

Kitsune: Will you three relax? Honestly, it's not like you don't have other stories you need to work on.

Keitaro: Party pooper...

Kitsune: (rolls her eyes)

Bast: (sweadrops)

Kyle: (sighs) 'Thank you's', Q&A, and the title of the next chapter are below. Please review.



NEXT CHAPTER- Chapter 20: Forever More

Basically the epilogue. Shows the couples: Tama and Ryou curled up on the couch quietly talking; Yume and Bakura stargazing; Yugi and Yami working on a puzzle together; and more. And then a surprising development.