Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon of the Shadowed Light ❯ Chapter 20: Forever More ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bast: I can't believe you named the cat after me.

Shiro: Actually, it was Tama who named the cat and she named it after the Egyptian goddess. Besides, your real name is Kalysta, baka.

Bast: So cruel...

Shiro: (rolls her eyes) Here's the last chapter everyone! Please enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! I do own Tama, Yume, Bast, any other OC's, and the plot.

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E-D--L-I-G-H-T-- D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

Chapter 20: Forever More

Tama and Ryou sit on the couch together. Music plays quietly in the background, but other than that and their voices, the whole house is silent.

Tama sighs and leans against Ryou. “We’ve really been through the mill, haven’t we? We were best friends in England, then we were separated, we both moved here, I refused to acknowledge your existence, then we become friends again, have to deal with psycho yami’s, my cousins move in, we’re separated from our yami’s, and then they mysteriously re-appear.”

“Not to mention everything else that has happened.” Ryou comments.

“Mmm…” Tama absent-mindedly snuggles into Ryou. “You smell good…”

A faint blush appears on Ryou’s face. “Umm… thanks.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Joey and Mai stand on opposite sides of the playing field. Mai has two Harpy Ladies on the field and one face down card. Joey has his Red Eyes Black Dragon on the field along with two face down cards. It’s Mai’s turn.

“Harpy Lady, attack his dragon!” Mai instructs her more powered up Harpy.

“I don’ think so!” Joey yells. “Reveal trap card- Mirror Force!”

Harpy Lady’s attack rebounds off the shield and goes back to the Harpy Lady, destroying her.

Mai lays down a card and ends her turn. It takes five more turns for Joey to defeat her.

“Alright Mai, now you’ve gotta come on a date with me!”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Look at the ducks, Serenity!” Mokuba yells, pointing to the pond at the park.

Serenity giggles and hands Mokuba the bag of bread she brought. “Here Mokuba, you can go feed them.”

Mokuba cheers and takes the bag of bread before going over to the pond, leaving Serenity and Seto alone.

“Why did you insist on dragging me out here?” Seto asks, curiosity getting the better of him.

Serenity watches Mokuba tossing bread at the ducks for a moment before she replies. “Tama suggested I get to know you. She says that you just put on a tough act kind of like she used to.” She says.

“I should have known the Guardian had something to do with this.” Seto mutters without even thinking.

“‘The guardian’?” Serenity questions.

Seto snaps out of his non-thinking state. “It’s nothing, Wheeler.”

“Call me Serenity.” She requests. “When you call me by my last name it makes me feel like you think you’re talking to Joey.”

“You’re nothing like the mutt.”

Serenity sighs. ‘Well, that’s the best I can get out of him for now.’

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Yugi carefully lays a puzzle piece down in the right spot and then pushes it down. He looks over at his other half. “How are you doing, Yami?”

Yami looks up from the small part of the 3000 piece puzzle he’s working on. “Not so well, hikari.”

“Well, lets see what you’ve got.” Yugi says, crawling over to Yami. He studies the pieces carefully, a small smile on his face. “It looks like it should go right… here!”

But Yami isn’t listening. He’s too busy studying his hikari.

Yugi turns his bright smile to Yami when he successfully puts the puzzle pieces in the right place. “See?” He looks at his Yami, a puzzled expression on his face. “Yami, are you alright?”

The small Light squeaks when his yami kisses him and pins him down.

The puzzle lays forgotten beside them.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“There’s Draco.” Yume comments, pointing up at a constellation.

Bakura snorts. “You always were horrible at this. That’s the Little Dipper.”

“I’m going to push you off this roof.” Yume mutters half-heartedly.

“I’d like to see you try.” Bakura retorts.

The two sit in comfortable silence and continue to lay on the roof, gazing contentedly up at the stars.

“The eye of Ra.” Yume murmurs, pointing up at the strangely shaped group of stars.

Bakura just ‘hmms’ and the silence continues.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

In the months before summer, several couples are made official.

Ryou finally gathers up his courage and asks Tama out on a date. Yume and Bakura prove they’ve been a couple when they’re found kissing at a get together. And it’s actually Yugi who asks Yami out on a date, surprising everyone. Last is Joey and Mai, who have gone out on several more date’s since Joey’s won date.

Summer comes quickly and almost everyone is busy. Joey gets himself an apartment and Serenity moves in with him. Téa gets accepted into a summer dance program. Duke stays busy by working on a new game for his company that requires him to go visit Pegasus out in California.

Then Ishizu and Odeon come back to Domino and buy a house, so Malik and Marik have to pack up their stuff and move down the road.

Yami and Bakura stay busy by causing as much trouble as they possibly can without getting caught. Tama and Ryou spend the majority of their time trying to stop their Darks and the remaining time cuddling, watching movies, hanging out with Malik, Yugi, Joey, and Serenity, and going on dates.

One night Ishizu allows Bakura and Yume to sleep over at her house so Tama and Ryou have the house to themselves. Malik, of course, can’t resist making some comment which made Tama threaten to disembowel him using his daggers. That shut Malik up but sent Marik into his overprotective mode.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama cheerfully hangs up the phone after listening to Marik go off on a tirade. ‘I bet he’s still yelling into the phone.’

“What’s going on?” Ryou asks, walking into the kitchen.

“Not much.” Tama replies. “Our yami’s are sleeping over with Malik and Marik tonight, so we have the house to ourselves.”

A meow comes from Tama’s feet and she looks down at the gold and brown Egyptian Mau. “Hey Bast.” Tama says, picking up the kitten. “I’m sorry, let me correct my mistake. It’s just gonna be me, you, and Ryou tonight.” She strokes Bast as she speaks.

Ryou sweat drops. “Tama…”

Tama carefully sets Bast down on the floor and the kitten scampers off to play with her toys. Tama stands back up and smiles at Ryou. “So, what are we going to do tonight? The usual?”

“Actually… there’s something I want to show you… ask you.” Ryou says nervously. “I’ll- I’ll go get it.”

Tama looks curiously at her boyfriend. “Alright… I’ll be in the living room, okay.”

Ryou nods. “I’ll be right back.”

Tama heads across the hall to the living room with Ryou, but then Ryou goes up the stairs while Tama goes over and sits down on the couch. Ryou returns five minutes later with a small box in his hand.

“What’s that?” Tama asks, noticing the box.

Ryou says nothing and sits down beside Tama, fiddling nervously with the box. “Your dad sent me this for Christmas… along with a note. He- he and Kiba had always known…”

“Known what?”

Ryou takes a deep shuddering breath. “Tama… with your father and your brothers permission…” He looks up into her eyes. “Will you marry me?”

“W-what?” Tama asks in disbelief.

“After we graduate. If we’re still dating and everything…” He looks up alarmed when Tama starts to sniffle. “Don’t cry!”

Tama wraps her arms around him, climbing onto his lap. “Yes.” She looks up at him, lilac eyes shining. “I’ll marry you.”

Ryou hands her the box, his hands shaking. “Your dad said that this was the ring he proposed to your mother with…”

Tama takes the box, her hands shaking just as much as Ryou’s if not more. She gasps when she opens it, seeing a delicate silver band with green emeralds shining brightly. Ryou takes it out of the box and slips it on her finger.

“I love you…” Tama whispers, kissing Ryou deeply, pouring all her feelings into it.

Ryou kisses her back, wrapping his arms around her waist. -‘I love you too.’-

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Weeks after this (and after much celebration), Ishizu decides to break some important news to Malik.

Ishizu, Odeon, Malik, and Marik are all standing in the living room.

“Malik, I have something to tell you. Please don’t freak out on me.” Ishizu says.

‘You’d think she’s know by now that when she says not to do something I’m most likely going to do it.’

Marik snickers at this thought.

“I won’t, Ishizu.” Malik says, crossing his fingers behind his back.

Ishizu takes a deep breath, deciding the best way to do this is quickly.“You’reengagedtoanAmericangirlwhosemotherwasafriendofou rmom.”

Malik stares at Ishizu in shock.

“WHAT! BUT I DON’T WANT TO MARRY SOME STUPID AMERICAN GIRL!! ISHIZU!!!!!!”

-D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-D-O-W-E- D--L-I-G-H-T--D-R-A-G-O-N--O-F--T-H-E--S-H-A-

A small note on Odeon's name: After being driven insane by my spellcheck, I finally changed the spelling from 'Odion' to 'Odeon'. I have no idea which is the correct spelling, but for the sequel I will be using 'Odeon'.

Shiro: Well, that's it. The end to yet another story. But with the end of this one-

Bast: (finishes) Comes a sequel! This time for Malik!

Shiro: I couldn't resist! He's so cute!

Keitaro: (growls)

Shiro: Oh Kei-kun, you're cute too. (hugs him)

Kyle: I can't believe it's actually over.

Shiro: You get to help me with this next one, Kyle.

Kyle: Why? Is it not enough that I do all the cooking?

Shiro: That's how you're gonna help me! By cooking! (grins)

Kyle: Shiro, I do that anyway.

Shiro: (blinks) Oh yeah... Well, review replies are below! Oh! And keep an eye out for "Dragon of the Shadowed Light! Bloopers and Deleted Scenes!"

Kitsune: Which will most likely be shortened to 'DOTSL! Bloopers and Deleted Scenes.

Shiro: At the very bottom is the name of the sequel as well as a few titles for 'Of the Light' ((the title I'm using for any stories related to this one)) sub-stories.

THANK YOU's to: Anyone who put this story on their favorites list or author/story alert; all of those who read this story; and a BIG thank you to all my wonderful reviewers. I don't know what I'd do without you all.

Q&A:


Title of sequel- Cat of the Lilac Eyes (COTLE)

Other stories-
DOTSL! Bloopers and Deleted Scenes! (self-explainatory)

Before It All (something like a prequel to DOTSL. Basically a look into Tama's past and how she met everyone)

Chibi Yami's (takes place after DOTSL but before COTLE. The hikari's awaken one morning to find their yami's are babies! How much trouble could four toddlers possibly make?)

Dragonic Lights (companion to Chibi Yami's. After the yami's get back to normal, something happens to the Lights, Mokuba, and Joey. Oh the joy.)

Home Cooking for Yami's (we all know that the yami's are all horrible cooks, but just how bad are they? It's a pity the hikari's forget that it's a BAD idea to put Bakura, Yume, Marik, and Yami in the same room with highly dangerous objects like knifes and the stove.)