Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Blood ❯ Death's Dragon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Summoning of Sin, heed my cry! I have brought you the offering upon which you lust for…a pure hearted soul where none could be found in a world of despair. Feed upon her flesh and take away her life, so that you may prey upon living and bestow upon me your favored son!”
 
The Dark Lord cast his arms to his sides and turned towards the death eaters.
 
“It is time, my servants,” Lord Voldemort announced coldly, “We must spread the ashes of the dead around the cauldron. In order for our slave to come, it must first smell the flesh of befallen souls who needn't to live.” The death eaters bowed and took out small brown sacks tied by woven string. Undoing the pouch, they reached into it and took out dead ashes that had long worn away.
 
The spirits were angered as they hovered over the ashes of their fallen remains. Their tombs have been disturbed and one was not allowed to live for doing so. Immediately, they tried to grasp the nearest throat they could find, only to have the dragon guarding the cauldron swipe its tail against them. The dark lord smiled.
 
“Do not fret, souls of withered time,” Lord Voldemort hissed, “Your remains will be put to good use. The dead should not have to look at those horrible memories that had been laid behind by the humans they cherished or despised. I am merely liberating you from those memories and using them for my own purposes. The dead cannot possibly be fond of these ashes, especially when they serve no potential purpose for you.” The spirits yelled in anger at the Dark Lord, but it was no use. Their cries were swept away by the wind's moaning and only their forms could be seen. Their pitiful cries ceased and they departed behind the dementors, keeping a safe distant from the summoning. Truly the Dark Lord cannot possibly imagine the immense power of the one he is summoning…no one ever could. Once the creature has cast this power into the world, he will die instantly from the aura relishing its host. What joy it would bring them.
 
The Dark Lord turned towards the dragon and looked upon its gleaming eyes. He thrust his hand out, issuing a silent command.
 
The death eaters, whose hands had been tainted with the remains of lost souls, scattered the ashes around them. The ashes fell as if air was no longer strong. The wind's direction changed as it encircled around the summoning, consuming the death eater's escape routes if any wished to change their transaction. The servants of the Dark Lord were becoming nervous as the continued spreading the ashes around them. Lord Voldemort smiled and spread chanted his words.
 
Italicize
 
A dance of foolish mortals, spreading the ashes of immortals…this ritual will show the embodiment of an era untold, where the living roam in the realms of the dead. Both shall intertwine when darkness has been summoned, for darkness is both alive and dead.”
 
End Italicize
 
Lord Voldemort took out his wand once more and held it towards the sky. “Flagrate!” The phoenix feather's chosen power alit with bursting sapphire flames. The fire ignited the sky with startling fear as the fir encircled the wind. The ashes that were spread by the death eaters also flashed with the inducing fire. The death eaters screamed as the cerulean flames encircled them, drawing closer and closer. Filled with fear, the death eaters closed their eyes tightly awaiting their deaths, but the fire ceased for only the ashes were keeping it alive. The flames lowered until it was as low as the ground, still hissing its breath from the ground, but high enough to reach an unsuspecting leaf on the ground.
 
The dementors' candles alit with burning ruby fire, screeching but still so very little. The wax was melting, but it wasn't melting the liquid at all. Instead, it was a fountain of dragon's bane, spilling onto the ground. Its tense liquid had no color, because there was no blood to stain it, and one cannot possibly burn a dementor with that kind of magic, for it was caught in a dimension between the earth and the underworld.
 
Italicize
 
“The candles of screaming dragons cannot ignite without the fear of another. Thus the fires of hell shall induce the fear needed. Thus living mortals will fall as well as the dragons that breathe in the scent of death's candle. Then the dragon's bane will fall to the ground to summon death at its feet.”
 
End Italicize
 
The fire from the wand diminished and Lord Voldemort put his wand away. He stepped ever closer to the cauldron, probably too close. The dragon snapped at him, but it was slowly disappearing for it was only mist. Lord Voldemort held his hand over the cauldron where the girl was still blind to the truth.
 
The girl looked up at the hand over her with no fear, but with curiosity.
 
Italicize
 
“May the pure soul of humanity's failure be devoured by the cauldron of Summoning's Sin.”
 
With its words came its action. The dragon of mist's creation sank into the cauldron towards the girl. As it dissolved, the screams of the souls around it disintegrated as well. The girl slowly disappeared into the cauldron, the darkness consuming her to a painless death. Her screams were never heard because the action was quick for her mind to comprehend. Then, the dragon shattered the cauldron, the shards spilling everywhere on the ground. The emerald dragon shot towards the air too swift for the eye to see.
 
The transition was amazing. The emerald dragon no longer has shimmering mists of green, but it was ebony! The dragon had changed its color into darkness favored dreams and consumed the moon in its wake. As the moon disappeared, the light in the graveyard faded as well. The entire world was in an eclipse, all for the summoning. The Dark Lord was still chanting his words.
 
“The ritual will shadow the world, eclipse it from light. Even the stars will die and the moon will scream. Only then will the summoning be complete…and Darkness' favored son will appear.”
 
The dragon's body had covered the entire moon and its face was turned towards the graveyard. The dragon let out a scream and a rushing river of lavender flames was hurled towards the ground. The Dark Lord, without even realizing it, had his hands thrust into the air full of delight. His cackling could be heard of his speechless death eaters…
 
*****
 
The entire cemetery was covered in ashes as the wind died instantly. The death eaters had shielded their eyes to avoid becoming blind. Lord Voldemort had even shielded himself from the darkness. Wormtail, who had been long forgotten, stepped forward with Lucius by his side, with another foolish one tagging along miserably. They looked upon the heap that was before them, seeing nothing but darkness.
 
Suddenly, movement. Silver chains swept across shattered cauldron pieces. The scratching of the chains were nothing but silent, moving slowly as if purposely trying to destroy the desires of silence. Slowly, crouched down was a figure. It was nothing that any of the death eaters or even the Dark Lord has seen.
 
Wings were slowly drifting upwards, pulsing blood through its veins, trying to sense the air. They were dragon wings, and they were large than the body itself, as if you could fold them over its host and it would be completely hidden. On its back it had 4 claw marks, slicing into it, an old wound, nothing to know about. It seemed to have a human body, just about the right size for any regular human, but something was different about this one. It had more muscular arms, but not to muscular, but it looked so feeble if you looked far away. This couldn't be a human; it just could be…no human had wings.
 
This _thing_ had on black leather, stained with the blood of the many things. Heck, it wouldn't be surprising if the blood came from fallen angels. It was also wearing black leather pants, and on its left leg, was a sash embroidered with a lavender dragon with many other designs. Its hands had the same fingers as a human, but they were on its tips and the claws had to be at least 2-3 inches long. Its feet looked like it had shoes, but the fact that some claws could be seen coming out of it was not likely to be taken. This thing did have a tail, a dragon tail. It looked like it has something sharp on the end, two scythes put together, it tips pointing at teach other! Its skin was a regular human's, a little pale…
 
WHAT THE HELL?! This thing had tri-colored hair. Ebony-spiked hair with tints of red at the end of each strand. It was wearing a crown of golden bangs, only some of them were sticking up against the black hair. Its face, it looked so young and tender, but still so cold and silk. What kind of freak of nature was this thing? What kind of a dragon could possibly have dragon wings, claws, and tail but have a body of a human?
 
 
Chains were bound all over the creature. Even the wings were entangled in a maze of silver metal. The shackles have been places around the wrists, arms, legs, and neck. It seemed that the chains were never-ending.
 
 
The “dragon” was still crouching. Its wings were tucked in a little and its tail was laid on the ground, immobile. This thing was breathing, but it was so quiet, it looked as if they were staring at a statue. No movement.
 
The Dark Lord stared at the creature with his red eyes. Surely there was a mistake in the summoning. From what he had heard, this was supposed to be a dragon, but it looked more human than dragon. Yet why did he feel this tense feeling rolling off of his neck? And this power trickling down from the dragon's breath, what was it?
 
Indeed, the aura was powerful. The spirits, who few have been spared from the flames that provoked the final touch, strayed about 100 yards away from the creature. Nothing this dark had to be good. This thing was pure evil. Anything else would be an insult…even chaos would cringe in fear of this beast.
 
Lord Voldemort was tired of staring now.
 
“At last, finally…Darkness favored son…” he told his death eaters, “Our rise to power will be ever lasting with this creature by my side. What a beautiful slave he is…not even a regular dragon could compare with this precious thing.” The dragon's wing twitched, some chains rattling in reaction. The 3 death eaters stepped away. Lord Voldemort, however, was not afraid.
 
“You there!” the Dark Lord pointed at the death eater beside Lucius, “Take his shackles. We will contemplate our next move once we reach our destination.” The death eater gulped. No way did he want to move this thing, and even worse touch it! However, he could not disobey his master…the stakes were too high. Slowly he walked towards the creature, trying hard not to make a noise through his desires of screaming uncontrollably. He knelt down a little towards the chain that was shackled into the collar around its neck and slowly tried to grasp his target.
 
Crimson eyes snapped open! In a split second, the dragon had snapped his fangs around the death eater's neck. Blood was flying through the air as the death eater was hurled to the ground. Chains clattered as the movement was made so sudden. It was an instant death. The minute the dragon had pierced his skin, the venom from this fangs had rushed throughout his body. Still latched to his prey, crimson eyes, with slits as pupils, glared at the remaining death eaters, who had been taken aback by the sudden movement of the creature.
 
The dragon's eyes were very different than the Dark Lord's despite the same color. It was terrifying and cold, nothing but death was written all over it. Anger, revenge…anything else that could possibly be even worse than death was seen through those two spheres of blood red. None of the death eaters ever thought this possible, not even for a split second in their lives ever since hearing about the Dark Lord could make them think this…there was something that was more fearsome that the Dark Lord!
 
The dragon let go of the death eater's neck, and everyone saw how freakishly long the fangs were. No less than 1-2 inches! They were covered with so much blood, but it only evaporated, as if something was melting it! Those fangs folded back into this dragon's mouth like snake fangs, hiding death once again. His head turned towards the Dark Lord and a growl was made in warning. All the death eaters, including Lucius and Wormtail, took more than 5 paces backwards. Lord Voldemort, however, only smiled.
 
“Ah yes…you are truly indeed death's dragon,” he murmured, “Your actions are just as instant as a Basilisk gaze when one meets its eyes. I am very pleased.” The dragon only stepped closer, preparing for another kill. Lord Voldemort smiled.
 
“If death is what you wish, then there are certainly plenty here,” he told the dragon, spreading his hands all around himself, “Death is truly what you long for, isn't it? To see others scream as you kill them slowly until they have withered away. Is that what you wish for…”
 
Before the sentence could be finished, the dragon had already charged towards the other death eaters. One after another, each tried to escape, but only to fall victim to the dragon's deadly fangs. Claws ripped through hearts and fangs pierced bone like cutting through butter. A blood bath was taking place indeed, and the dementors and spirits didn't mind at all. It was quite enjoyable actually. Some of the death eaters tried to use their wands, but before they could use them, the dragon had slit their throats.
 
Raging on in a never ending spiral of catch and kill, the dragon did not cease to stop. Lucius and Wormtail were now standing by the Dark Lord, hoping that he would “protect” them. The dragon was picking at one of the last death eaters when he started charging at the Dark Lord! With a snap of Lord Voldemort's fingers, a swarm of dementors grabbed the chains that were rattling madly. It took about 10-20 dementors to stop the dragon for his blood bath.
 
The Dark Lord smiled. “Now, now, my precious dragon,” Lord Voldemort teased, “I understand your hatred towards humanity for keeping you locked away for so long, but why take it out on the few that agree with you? Surely, there are more humans out there to punish than here.” The Dark Lord held out his arms.
 
“You see, this is nothing but an empty graveyard. Nothing lives here except unforgivable souls who have none the less revenge on their minds, just like you. I can help you with your journey to destroy humanity you know…” The Dark Lord turned towards the dragon. “All I ask for is your cooperation.” It didn't seem like the dragon was listening. His eyes were still glaring at the Dark Lord, but it was obviously looking at the wandering spirits that were fleeing for their petty souls. Either way, Lord Voldemort was now very pleased with the summoning. It has brought a kind of replica of himself, both had snake-like crimson eyes, nothing wrong about that, but this dragon's hatred towards human seemed just as strong as his. What wonders they would be able to do to the wizarding world, heck all worlds.
 
Lucius was suspicious. Truly this was a very powerful creature, but for some reason, he seemed to powerful. Could his power actually exceed the Dark Lords if given the chance? Wait a sec…THEY WERE GIVING HIM A CHANCE RIGHT NOW!
 
“My Lord,” Lucius whispered, “Are sure it wise to just leave him there glaring at the abyss? You are giving him time to strike!” Lord Voldemort smiled at Lucius.
 
“You have nothing to fear, my death eater,” Lord Voldemort replied, “If he truly was like that, he would have attacked us by now…”
 
His sentenced was interrupted by the sounds of breaking chains. The dementors had been thrown back by the dragon's shift in speed. Immediately, the dragon attacked one of the dementors! To Lucius' amazement, the dragon had pierced the dementor's skin, and the dementor was actually…dying. How could something caught between the void of the underworld actually die?
 
The dementors were too fueled with rage to even take note that they weren't supposed to kill the creature. They immediately soared through the skies and devoured the other spirits that were a good distance away from the madness. By the devouring the spirits, the dementors gained a little energy from the feeble souls and soared towards the dragon. The dragon opened his mouth and large trail of fire dispersed, killing about 10 dementors in its path. Lord Voldemort was taken back by the amount of energy the dragon was releasing.
 
“Such power,” Lord Voldemort thought, “His fire is not red, but black. He shows no remorse for anyone, and he can kill something that is already dead.” The Dark Lord, though pleased with the results of the summoning stepped forward towards the dragon, breaking already damaged chains. The dragon was having too much delight in killing off the dementors, seeing the vanish leaving only the cloaks behind, to even see the Dark Lord. A summon snap in his system, and the dragon leapt away from Lord Voldemort.
 
“Now dragon...be reasonable,” the Dark Lord hissed, “I cannot allow you to destroy my army, even though you are part of my minions as well. I will have no choice but to put you down.” The Dark Lord took out his wand and pointed it at the dragon. “CRUCIO!” A beam of red lightning was heading towards the dragon, but once it got in range of about an inch, it was shot back into the sky. A barrier had appeared around the dragon, protecting it from an unforgivable curse. Lord Voldemort clenched his fist. He couldn't kill this creature, not after all the trouble he went through to summon it. This dragon was too valuable to him to destroy.
 
His train of thoughts was soon interrupted by the swift wind that had just been picked up. The dragon had taken flight vertically into the sky and looked upon them with a smirk on his face. Ebony wings spread as far as they could and the dragon stopped dead in the sky. His skin was starting to let out an aura of immense power and his whole body was glowing crimson. Those eyes went completely blood red as the dragon let out a roar to horrifying to hear. A sphere of red light enlarged around the dragon, consuming the entire graveyard and everyone in it.