Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Blood ❯ Thestrals and Red-Haired Wizards ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

/Yugi talking to Yami/
//Yami talking to Yugi//
 
Dearest child…do not fret. Don't turn away. Death is right in front of you and your prey still quivers before you. The entire world will bow to you, but only if you will allow it. That's right. Snap that pretty little neck. Make sure that you savor the moment as the blood of the angels flushes through your throat. Lick every last drop of blood until none is left. Don't waste it for it is just too rich to be thrown away. Kill him now…kill him while you have the chance. Make sure he dies and make sure everyone else does too. The whole world will die…and as soon as it does…you will too. Relish the pain of life that seeps within you and liberate yourself from all of these lies. They sought to claim you, but you cannot be tamed. No one can tame you my precious. Kill…kill him! KILL THEM ALL UNTIL NO ONE IS LEFT!
 
Yugi could feel the desire that was continuing to flow into Yami's mind. That voice that he kept hearing...it was different. Yami wasn't in control right now…someone else was…that voice was telling him to kill! Creeping away from Yami…Yugi tried to persuade him not to do this…
 
/Yami, listen to me! Don't do this! You're better than that! You're my partner and no one can take that away!/
 
Yami abruptly stopped…listening for just a split second to his light's words…
 
Don't listen to him, my child. He is nothing but a nuisance to you. Compared to the world, he is just an insignificant little insect that needs dealing with. Don't let him get away. He will surely kill you; persuade you to believe in all of his lies. Never let that happen, my love! Kill him now while his blood is still fresh!
 
Yami's claws were raised into the air, hovering over Yugi like a knife ready to slice the neck of whoever laid at its fingertips. Before Yami had enough time…Arthur Weasley grabbed hold of the pharaoh's neck with his arm and thrust him to the ground. Fighting back, Yami easily countered with his sharpened claws and slashed the red haired stranger away from him, leaving a scratch that was bleeding on Weasley's arm. Professor McGonagall rushed to his side and pulled out her wand.
 
Impedimenta!” McGonagall shrieked. Within moments, a jet of red light was hurled towards Yami. Calling upon the darkness without thinking, shadows were now surrounding the boy. Within minutes a shield was created to deflect the spell into the sky. Yami darted towards his attacker when Professor Dumbledore took out his wand.
 
Immobulus!” A string of silver light was shot towards the demon, but the creature merely dodged out of the way and leapt onto Arthur Weasley. Trying to shake him off, Arthur used his wand to cast a curse, but the demon quickly bit into the wand and was about to snap it in two. One of the thestrals, who could smell the blood from where it was standing, quickly dashed towards the two fighting beings and snapped at them. Yami jumped onto the thestral and within moments, the two were fighting each other…leaving large gashes of blood and even more bruises on Yami's account. Yugi couldn't stand it anymore and tried to talk some sense into Yami.
 
“STOP!” Yugi cried.
 
Don't stop my love…never stop! Don't give into their lies! They are nothing but mortals…nothing compared to you. My dearest, you are a GOD to them! Show them no mercy! Keep on fighting…never stop the bloodshed! Leave not one standing…fight until your breath has ceased. Fight until you perish!
 
“Yami…please stop! Please don't do this I beg of you!” Yugi screamed. Yami stopped for an abrupt moment and allowed the thestral to slice him out of the way and into a broken tree. Falling on the ground, head buried in the dirt, the pharaoh had ceased to fight and the thestral was now being tamed by Professor McGonagall. Yugi quickly ran to Yami's side and tried awaken his partner.
 
“Please get up Yami!” Yugi yelled desperately, “Don't you die on me! I can't go on in this world without you! Please get up!” Crimson eyes blinked open as Professor Dumbledore, Minerva, and Arthur Weasley came rushing to Yugi's side. Everything was a swirl of colors for the pharaoh, and all that he could see right now were bright lavender eyes staring at him. Blinking in confusion, words that he tried to say came out with nothing but breaths of silence. Yugi hugged Yami close and shook him gently in his arms, kissing him lightly on the head.
 
//Aibou?//
 
Yugi fought back tears as he stared into Yami's eyes.
 
/It's ok, Yami. I'm here for you…/
 
Yami's fangs disappeared from view and his claws were back to their original form. Darkness slowly drifted into light as the pharaoh continued to be cradled by his hikari. It was a stunning and bizarre sight really. Yami slowly closed his eyes and drifted into unconsciousness. Staring at his darkness, Yugi now knew that something was terribly wrong (heck who wouldn't notice). Yugi had to be tapped by Arthur Weasley to let him know that there were 3 people apparently waiting for him to mount a thestral.
 
“Yugi? We have something to tell you…” Arthur began.
 
“Oh?” Yugi asked surprised, “What is it?”
 
“Grimmauld is somewhat out of reach right now. We will be going to my house at the Burrow for now. Is that alright?” Yugi nodded.
 
“Yeah sure…” Yugi replied innocently, “Grimmauld sounded like a bad place anyway. When do we leave?”
 
“Right now would be a good time,” Arthur bantered. Yugi gave a light smile and held out a hand for support. Arthur gratefully took his and helped the Yugi support himself and his Yami.
 
“I'll bring a thestral to you, Arthur,” Professor McGonagall said. With that, she motioned two thestrals towards Arthur, Yugi, and Yami. The one that had been attacked was mounted by Dumbledore. Yugi and Yami mounted another thestral while Arthur Weasley did the same for the last. Noticing that Professor McGonagall wasn't riding one, Yugi looked worryingly at her.
 
“Do not worry…I have other important matters to attend to,” McGonagall replied to Yugi's expression, “Dumbledore, we shall meat at Hogsmeade.” Dumbledore nodded and dismissed her to the old woman's errands. Yugi had Yami lay against his chest while holding tightly to the thestral's ebony mane. Arthur led their thestral to Dumbledore's and soon, they were all in a straight line together.
 
“So what do we do now?” Yugi asked. Arthur quickly put his hands around the thestral's unruly bones.
 
“I suggest you hold on with both arms, Yugi,” Arthur replied, “Thestrals can be quite tedious sometimes…”
 
“What do you mean by tha…”
 
Yugi's question was interrupted by a sudden shift in weight as the thestral soared at a 90 degree angle into the sky. The world started look smaller and smaller as the thestral continued to soar deep into the beautiful night sky. Yugi held onto Yami and the thestral's neck tightly with both arms as he continued to feel his stomach leave his body. Never daring to open his eyes, Yugi could feel vapor touch his tender skin as the world suddenly became shrouded with light. Suddenly, the movement stopped and instead moved forward at a normal pace. Yugi opened his eyes looked across the horizon…
 
The world was no longer seen. Instead, they were above the clouds where the moon was shining brightly in the distance. The stars gazed above with the touch of pure innocence. They were hidden from the rest of the world and this, for some reason, gave Yugi great comfort. Looking at his Yami, he held him tightly still to make sure that he would not fall into the abyss below. Looking to his side, he saw Arthur Weasley soaring closer to him. Dumbledore was leading the way…as always.
 
“Well…how do you feel, Yugi?” Arthur asked once he reached talking point.
 
“Sick,” Yugi replied weakly, “I've never been on a thestral soaring at a vertical angle before.”
 
“You'll get used to it,” Arthur replied smiling, “We will be reaching our destination soon, so hang on tightly.”
 
“You mean the thestrals know where they are going?” Yugi asked shocked.
 
“Of course they do!” Arthur replied, “Thestrals are very skilled in navigation despite their eerie appearances. They are fascinating creatures and can track blood from miles away. However, they can be very dastardly at times, so you have to keep a close eye on them. You know, make sure they don't bite your hand off mistaking it has food.” Yugi nodded and turned back towards Yami. His eyes were closed, but it seemed that he was much more peaceful than before. Yugi looked sadly at his darkness and then turned towards Mr. Weasley.
 
“Sorry…you know…about earlier.”
 
“Oh, don't worry about it,” Arthur Weasley replied, “I've been and seen much worse. Went to St. Mungo's once when I was attacked by a snake. Very horrible experience.” Yugi looked at him strangely, as if he were mad.
 
“And after all this time, you don't mind?”
 
“Of course not! I know it was horrible, but at least I was able to make it out alive, thanks to Harry Potter of course.”
 
“Harry Potter?” Yugi asked, now interested in the conversation.
 
“Oh yes,” Arthur replied, “He's a very kind boy. I wouldn't have made it out alive if it weren't for him. I was in bloody hell if you know what I mean. There are very great rumors about him, you know. I'll talk about it later when we reach the Burrow.”
 
“But why not now?” Yugi asked childishly.
 
“Well, I think it best that you meet Harry for yourself. We will be picking him up from the Dursleys as soon as we drop you off at my house. I bet he would be thrilled to me you.” Yugi's face brightened for the first time ever since he came to this odd place. He was with new people that he could actually trust and was going to meet even more people that could be his friends. However, something quivered in his mind. Looking down, he saw the answer before him.
 
“Yami hasn't been acting himself lately,” Yugi thought, “His actions, his blank stares…and his horrible temper. He usually isn't so hostile. I wonder what could have made him do this.” Arthur Weasley looked at him sadly, feeling sorry for the boy. This person must really mean a lot to the child, but to what extent will the action go? Ever since Lord Voldemort had resurrected, reports of strange behavior from other wizards have been noticeable. However, he didn't want to worry the boy with such news as to actually state that his friend was under the control of the dark lord. Blocking those thoughts out of his mind, Arthur tried to change the subject.
 
“So…how old are you?” Arthur Weasley asked, “12, 13?”
 
“I'm 17! How can you get that mixed up?!” Yugi shouted without realizing. Arthur was taken aback but laughed anyways.
 
“Well, you are rather young for your age,” Arthur replied laughing, “I couldn't tell the difference!” Yugi blushed and turned away in embarrassment.
 
“It's ok…” Yugi replied, “I get that a lot.”
 
Dumbledore looked behind him and was glad to see the younger one was relaxing at last. For the past few hours, it seemed that Yugi would have never seen happiness. Now, he was even joking with Arthur Weasley. They were making progress…slow…but still progress. However, many questions still lied ahead, and the next step was to have the older youth awaken and have Harry Potter return immediately. Maybe he would know what was going on. With the plan set in motion, he waved his hand towards the conversational group.
 
“We are nearing the Burrow,” Dumbledore warned, “Hold on tightly and make sure not to fall off your thestral.” Yugi immediately hurled both arms onto the thestral, never noticing Arthur's small laughter. The thestrals stopped beating their heavy wings. Within seconds, the world came hurling towards the group as the thestrals soared towards the ground at a vertical angle. Yugi was hanging on for dear life while Arthur and Dumbledore merely held on to the mane of the creatures without hesitation. Clothes were flying with the wind and hair kept brushing into everyone's faces. Landing swiftly, the thestrals immediately stopped their dive and landed flat upon the ground with warning. Yugi almost fell off his thestral as he dismounted, holding on to his dearest Yami. Arthur assisted the two boys and opened the door for Professor Dumbledore and the others.
 
Greeting them at the door was Mrs. Weasley. She had locks of red hair and brunette eyes. She had a plumped face that matched with her body, but she looked so kind and gentle. Her face was filled with cheer and concern as she welcomed the guests into her home. Yugi took a closer look while passing by. She looked to be in her 40s, but Yugi couldn't worry about appearances right now.
 
“Hello dearies!” Mrs. Weasley greeted, “I am Molly Weasley, Arthur's husband. OH my! The letter wasn't fooling around then.” Yugi sighed. She had probably gotten the so-called-letter Professor McGonagall had told him about. Mrs. Weasley quickly pulled out her wand and had a couch prepared for the guests. Yugi, who had been supporting Yami the entire time, was given help by Arthur Weasley as they set down Yami onto the couch. Yugi sat next to Yami and gently put his head on his lap to make him comfortable.
 
“So…what are your names dears?” Mrs. Weasley asked. Yugi turned to her smiling.
 
“Oh, my name is Yugi. This is Yami here,” Yugi replied kindly. Mrs. Weasley smiled and turned to Arthur and kissed him lightly on the cheek.
 
“Well, you had better go and pick up Harry then,” Mrs. Weasley told her husband, “Have you got the car ready?”
 
“Yes, dear…” Arthur Weasley replied, “Where are my sons. We have to get to Harry's as soon as possible.”
 
“We're over here, dad!” Coming down the stairs were 3 red haired boys and one little red haired girl. Yugi had come to realize at last that this family was obviously passing down their heritage pretty well. Two looked to be twins however, tall and looked to be about the regular height for 17 year olds (if only Yugi wasn't born as a midget). They both had brunette eyes, brown hair with a tint of red, and of course, had wide smiles on their faces. The next was a shorter boy with blue eyes, the same type of hair, and freckles. The girl also had the same hair, longer of course. She also had blue eyes with freckles. However, she was a bit shy and was the last to come greet him.
 
It was nice to see some people his age for once…
 
Ron looked over and saw Yugi and Yami. He was awed struck, along with everyone else, by how they looked and the clothes they wore. Not to mention…the condition the two were in. Standing in front of Yugi, Ron introduced himself.
 
“ `ello mate! What in bloody hell happened to you?” Ron asked.
 
“Oh…I'm not quite sure. My memory is a little foggy right now,” Yugi replied exhaustedly, “By the way…my name is Yugi. This is Yami. He's in a lot worse shape than I am.” Yugi made the last statement clear that he didn't want to talk about it. Seeing this, Ron was about to same something on the matter when the Weasley twins interrupted.
 
“Sorry about our brother, mate,” George encouraged, “He's not all that bright. By the way, my name is George. This is my twin brother, Fred.”
 
“ `ello, nice to meet you,” Fred greeted.
 
“Oh, Konichiwa!” Yugi replied. Ginny ran up to Yugi and looked at shyly. Yugi rebounded with a confused look. Blushing, Ginny walked up to the young teen.
 
“My name is Ginny,” the girl replied, “You don't look so good. Are you a friend of our dad's?” Yugi was sweating a little bit. So many questions and such little energy left to actually answer them. Arthur, however, decided to lift some of the pressure off of the youth's shoulders.
 
“Why yes, he is a friend of mine,” Arthur replied in response, “Now children. You must treat our guest with respect, as always. Our friend here has gone through enough tonight to deal with your questions. Right now, we have more important matters to attend to.”
 
“I believe we do, Arthur,” Dumbledore agreed, who had obviously been forgotten. The other Weasley's jumped back in surprise almost literally.
 
“Oh, hello professor!” Ron replied, “We didn't see you there.” Dumbledore waved the matter away with his hand and looked up at the Weasleys through his blue kind eyes.
 
“All is forgiven,” Dumbledore accepted, “However, I would like it if some of you would come with me to retrieve Harry Potter.” The entire Weasley family looked shocked at the headmaster. They were glad, however, about this sudden news.
 
“What do we need to pick up Harry for?” Arthur asked.
 
“It is for his safety and the circumstances at the moment.” Dumbledore gave a twinkle in his eyes and Arthur turned towards Yugi and Yami. Yugi was about to fall asleep on Yami because of all that had happened tonight. Arthur nodded and looked at the children.
 
“Children, would you all like to come pick up Harry with us?” Arthur asked. All of the Weasleys nodded and waited in excitement for when all of them would leave.
 
“We should hurry and take the thestrals with us,” Dumbledore began, “I will trust that you all know how to ride these creatures?” Ron and Ginny nodded while the twins were dumb struck. Ron smirked at them.
 
“Don't worry, I'll help you to out,” Ron replied giggling. Dumbledore nodded his head and proceeded to leave the Burrow. Arthur kissed his wife good bye and muttered a few words in her ear before departing. Molly nodded in agreement as the Weasley twins and Ron made their way to the door. Ginny was about to follow suit when her mother stopped her with a cooking spoon.
 
“Now, now dear,” Mrs. Weasley told her, “Arthur has wants to you stay here and help me with taking care of our new guests. Would you please deary?” Pouting in disbelief, Ginny agreed with a certain smirk on her face. Then, she quickly sat in the chair beside Yugi's while the others left the through the door.
 
Dumbledore was already mounted on his thestral, writing some notes down onto his piece of parchment. Unfortunately, there were only 3 thestrals and 5 people, upon which the Weasley brothers never really liked sitting with each other much. Ron looked up at the twins, but they only smirked and had concocted a brilliant idea.
 
“We'll get our broomsticks!” Fred announced, “That way, all of us can go.”
 
“Great idea, Fred,” George agreed. With that in mind, both of the twins pulled out their wands and yelled, “ACCIO BROOMSTICK!” Within minutes, two old broomsticks came hurling towards Fred and George. Both easily caught their brooms and mounted them, ready to set off for Number 4 Private Drive. Arthur looked at Dumbledore and pondered what he was thinking about and what he was writing.
 
“So…what is it that you are writing, Professor Dumbledore?” Arthur asked. Dumbledore smiled and folded up his parchment and looked at the owl on top of the Burrow. Calling it down, the owl hooted in approval and flew onto Dumbledore's shoulder. Tying the note down onto the barn owl's leg, he set it free and on its way to its next destination.
 
“What was that?” Ron asked curiously. Dumbledore only smiled.
 
Harry was sleeping soundly on his bed when something tapped on his window loudly. Opening his eyes, he felt his sleep fading away from him. He wanted more sleep, but that noise wouldn't stop. Hedwig was urgently hooting at Harry as if something urgently had just happened. Quickly to find out what was going on, Harry felt around for his glasses and put them on his face as he walked towards the window. An owl was pecking at his glass window furiously, obviously a note from someone. Opening the window, the owl jumped onto the windowsill and held out its leg to show Harry the letter. Untying the letter, the owl hooted at its accomplishment and swooped down towards the streets, never to be seen again for the night.
 
Harry unrolled the piece of parchment and read carefully what it had said. Blinking in amazement and shock, Harry read the letter 5 more times before he was satisfied. Dropping his letter to the ground, the 17 year old boy quickly hustled around his room and began to pack.