Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Blood ❯ Emotional Scars ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

/Yugi talking to Yami/
//Yami talking to Yugi//
 
Harry awoke to a searing pain screaming on his forehead. His scar was burning up again, but this time, it was worse than ever. Frantically, he reached for his glasses as the darkness of his room cackled at the sight of such a feeble child. Feeling the frame of his spectacles, he quickly put them on and ran towards the mirror on his dresser. Pushing unruly bangs away from his face, he gazed at himself in a worn pair of pajamas inside the glass and was shocked as to what he saw.
 
His scar was on fire!
 
Tints of flames were etched on the curse, trickling small specks of vapor that had come from the sweat accumulating on the teen's forehead. They burned with the hatred of the dementors and the cries of dead. Harry tried to indulge the pain, but the minute he touched the scar, his finger burned with such intensity that he would faint instantly. Harry fell backwards and cushioned his fall by pushing up against his hands before striking the ground. He really needed to get a broom and dust his floor.
 
Regaining balance, Harry tried to wipe off some of the dirt that had accumulated on his clothes while keeping one hand on his forehead. Looking down, he saw the light of the moon gazing through the blinds from the window. The blinds were closed, but creeks of a dimming radiance still showed through. Sighing, Harry rubbed his scar once more and decided that nothing was going to help it. Reaching for his cabinet, he opened the wooden doors and took out a piece of cloth. Walking towards the crooked floorboard where he kept all of his magical equipment, Harry withdrew the aged timber and felt for his wand.
 
After a few attempts, he felt something sharp jab into his hand and quickly grabbed it. Thankfully, it was his wand. Making as little sound as possible, he put his wand to the woolen cloth and muttered a spell. Instantly, a few drops of cold water fell from the tip of Fawkes' gift. Laying the damp cloth comfortably on his forehead, Harry walked over towards the windowsill of his brother's room and looked out the window.
 
It was a full moon tonight. Half of summer had passed and the memories of Hogwarts along with it. The warm breezes that flushed through Harry's hair reminded him of the soft comfort his Godfather, Sirius Black, had given him. It seemed like only yesterday that he was at the Ministry of Magic when Sirius fell to his death behind the curtains of the dead. Now his entire family was gone, the wizards at least. Staying with the Dursleys on Number 4 Private Drive has always been Hell for Harry if not boring at the very least. His first years were not that pleasant. He had been locked in a cupboard under the stairs for 11 years, and after Hogwarts started, his aunt and uncle had no choice but to put him in Dudley's old room.
 
For 11 years he had to live in a hellish world, full of shit and complete torture. He never knew his parents, Lily and James Potter. All he was given were lies that his father was a drunkard and his mother was an ass.
 
“They died in a car crash…” Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia would always say, until that one fateful day when Hagrid had given him the letter that would invite him to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Since then, his life had changed completely when he realized that he was known as the-boy-who-lived. Since then, he-who-must-not-be-named, Lord Voldemort, had been trying to kill him every year since his return to the wizarding world. He realized that mother and father were murdered by the dark lord and that he, Harry Potter, is Voldemort's next and only target.
 
Feeling the wind brush his hair, he looked down at his wand. Ah yes…a 15 in. long wand with the essence of a phoenix feather. The phoenix was named Fawkes, Dumbledore's pet bird that lived in the main office at Hogwarts. Fawkes had only given two feathers, one in Harry's wand and the other in Tom Riddle's. Both were extremely powerful, and to Harry, this wand was something more than just the rival of Lord Voldemort's weapon. It was the reminder of the prophecy that Professor Dumbledore had recently told him.
 
“Lord Voldemort seeks you Harry because you are his rival in a prophecy made for both. One of you is going to die no matter what. Either you kill him or he kills you. Only one will rise superior, and may that person be you Harry.”
 
Ever since the death of Sirius and the prophecy of Professor Dumbledore, this wand was Harry's only reminder of the ultimate truth. He will have to become a murderer. Despite Lord Voldemort as a murderer himself, Harry would have to kill him. There was no other way. One of them would have to go, and Harry was going to make sure it would be him. This wand was the only thing that could stop Lord Voldemort at the moment, reminding him more of his destiny.
 
Looking outside, he watched some of the birds fly across the starry sky. This reminded Harry of all the friends that he had made and the rivals he has had to face. The Weasley brothers, the Order, Dumbledore, and many others were at his side, but none were as close to him as Ron and Hermione. All 3 of them had been through many adventures together and none of them had left each other astray. When one was in trouble, the others would lend them their strength to pick up where they had left off. Nothing had ever broken their bond, and yet…Harry was still as lonely as ever.

All he could think of was Sirius for the entire summer so far. The look of excitement on his face, and his lovable dog form had always made Harry laugh. Sirius was the only one left alive from his family that loved him for who he was, never leaving his side and helping out any way possible even if it meant his life. Now Sirius was gone…dead…never to return again.
 
Harry felt tears rush down the side of his pale cheek and left them to fall. He didn't care if he cried. He missed his godfather so much, and there was no way that he could ever see him again until the afterlife.
 
“He's never coming back,” Harry whispered to himself, “DAMN!” Harry slammed his fist into the windowsill repeatedly.
 
“Stupid Dumbledore…why didn't you kill me when you had the chance! Voldemort and I would have died together and I could have seen my parents and godfather again! DAMN IT! DAMN IT! DAMN IT!” Harry was trying to hold back even more tears that were trickling down his cheeks. His body was filled with furry and blood was rushing faster than before.
 
“You are so stupid! You should have killed me! Now Voldemort is still alive and I am stuck here to defeat him in that prophecy you told me about! DAMN YOU! DAMN IT ALL!” Harry finally stopped hitting the ridge of his window and dropped his hands to his sides. As they continued to lay limp, Harry's tears continued to rush down from his emerald eyes and round glasses. Yelling wasn't going to bring his godfather back or his parents. He was left alone to defeat the dark lord, and he couldn't allow Lord Voldemort to ever destroy anyone he held dearly in his heart for.
 
“I'll find you Voldemort,” Harry thought allowed, “And when I do, I am going to make you pay for what you did to my life!” Walking back to his bed, and all temper ceased, he slowly turned on his back and looked up towards the ceiling.
 
“I hope you're doing alright up there, Sirius…” Harry muttered, “I could use your help right about now.” Slowly closing his eyes, Harry let his thoughts drift to his fond memories of Sirius, Ron, Hermione, and the others. Soon, he fell into a drifting sleep, not to be disturbed until morning.
 
Yugi was stroking Yami's hair, looking down upon the sleeping youth. Dumbledore was quite curious about the two of them. Both seemed to have no idea where they were and how they got there. They also didn't look like wizards. The way they looked and especially the way they dressed. However, this feeling of a strong aura that was even stronger than the one surrounding the dark lord was suspicious and surprisingly dark. And this _Yami_ character…Dumbledore knew a demon when he saw one. However, it seemed that deep within the darkness was a sense of gentleness, a light that never goes out. Who could he possibly be, and if Voldemort really did have something to do with these two youths, what could he possibly want with them.
 
“You two seem very relaxed despite the current circumstances,” Dumbledore began. Yugi looked up at him.
 
“Well, I guess so,” Yugi replied, “It's not like we've been in danger before.” Dumbledore's eyes brightened.
 
“You don't say…”
 
“Yeah,” Yugi responded, “Yami and I have been through much worse than this. Not even this place compares to what we've seen. However, I am quite worried. Yami has never been in such horrible condition before and I really need to get him some help.”
 
Dumbledore nodded. Whoever these two youths were, they seemed to have been through much more dangerous situations than this. Their courage was outstanding.
 
“Say, about that woman…Professor McGonagall,” Yugi broke the silence. Dumbledore looked at him.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Well, she is going to get help, right?” Yugi implied, “She has been gone for a while.”
 
“Ah yes,” Dumbledore replied, “It takes time to receive help in a place like this. Not many people know about this place.” Yugi nodded and looked down at his darkness.
 
“I heard that you called yourself professors,” Yugi analyzed, “So what…are you two teachers or something?” Dumbledore smiled.
 
“You could say that,” he replied, “I run a school myself and Professor McGonagall is one of the teachers that work there. Plenty more work and they seem to enjoy themselves quite well.” Yugi's eyes perked up.
 
“What school is it?”
 
“All will be explained in due time. However, there is something that you should know.” Dumbledore's voice became more serious.
 
“Right now, no place is safe anymore. This society is caught up in a war that is far beyond anything imaginable. I can't say when it will all end, but I do know that two young people such as yourselves shouldn't be roaming around at this time of night.”
 
Yugi was taken back by this and tried to defend himself.
 
“I already told you before, we don't know how we got here or what's going on,” Yugi detested, “There is no way that we would know about anything here. How would expect us to know about a place that we have never even been to before? Surely you would understand.” Dumbledore bowed his head.
 
“I apologize,” the headmaster replied, “I did not mean to offend you. I was just curious.” Yugi tilted his head.
 
“Curious?” Yugi implied, “About what?” Dumbledore looked towards the sky and stood up.
 
“I believe that our ride is here. We must quickly move you two in a safer place. You both will be spending the night a Grimmauld's as we have agreed.” Yugi nodded but refused to disperse from where he was. Curious at what Dumbledore was looking at, Yugi titled his head towards the atmosphere and his jaw fell wide open at what he was looking at.
 
Flying towards him were skeletal beings that seemed to be the remains of horses brought back to life. They had wings that stretched out farther than the wing span of a medium-sized dragon. The head had the characteristics of a dragon, glowing ruby eyes and fangs along with it. Ebony hair shifted as the wind stroked its beautiful mane. The tail was swaying carelessly in the air and the hooves were thundering across the sweet dense ashen fog that had appeared momentarily a while ago. Small traces of breath could be seen coming from the nostrils of the terrifying (yet extremely gorgeous) creatures hurling towards the 3 of them. When they lands, dust immediately escaped the ground. Yugi shielded his eyes and did the best he could to see once more through the thick sand grains. After the storm was over, he stared in awe at 3 thestrals and what looked to be 2 people with them.
 
One of them was Professor McGonagall, but the other was different. He was a tall man with a fine russet coat. He was wearing an amber shirt with a white collar and a red tie. His pants matched the suit he was wearing and his shoes were dark brunette with bronze shoe buckles on top. His eyes were darkened amber with a tint of cerulean blue. His hair was thin, but it was definitely red. What that natural?
 
He looked to be in his fifties, but Yugi didn't have much time to look before the stranger and Professor McGonagall pulled he reigns of the thestrals towards them.
 
“We came as soon as we got your owl,” the stranger said hastily, “Where are the two injured boys?”
 
“Ah…they are here with me,” Dumbledore replied and stepped away from the Yami and Yugi. The stranger was shocked to see both of them. The hair, the way they dressed…what did muggle people call them…gothics? Bending down he saw to his horror the condition the two were in. They sure didn't look like wizards, and the note said to take precautions on one of them…
 
Looking to his side, he almost fell backwards by the sudden movement one of teens made. His eyes were a bright crimson, and they continued to stare at him with anger and curiosity.
 
“I guess this was the one that they warned me about in the letter,” the stranger thought, “No wonder.” Looking towards the two youths, he tried to smile and introduced himself.
 
“Sorry, how rude of me. My name is Arthur Weasley. And you must be Yugi Mutou and Yami.”
 
“Why yes, we are,” Yugi said, shaking hands with Arthur, “It's nice to meet you and the others. Are you ok? You look a little pale.” Arthur was surprised that Yugi had actually paid attention to facial expressions on his face and the quick responses to skin color and emotion.
 
“No…I'm fine,” Arthur replied smiling, “On the other hand, you two look like you've been in a wreck. If you will excuse me, I need to speak with professor Dumbledore.” Proceeding to talk to the headmaster, Arthur tried not to pay attention to Yami's eerie stare that followed him over to the headmaster.
 
“We have a problem, Professor Dumbledore…” Arthur Weasley said grimly.
 
“Yes…what is it Mr. Weasley,” Dumbledore replied.
 
“It's about Grimmauld…”
 
Yugi was trying to listen when he felt something nudging against his chest. Looking down, he saw Yami soothing Yugi like a cat would when trying to get comfortable. However, he was doing it a little too harshly and Yugi was starting to feel sore in some places. Speaking mentally, Yugi tried to communicate with the spirit.

/Yami…that hurts. I know that you and I are injured, but we can't do anything at the moment. Just be patient…and stop glaring at these people. Can't you see they are trying to help us?/
 
Yami stopped what he was doing and looked face to face at aibou…glaring. Yugi was taken back by this sudden feeling of hatred that his darkness was revealing to him. Was it something he said?
 
//Darkness…//
 
Yugi jumped back a little and stared at Yami in shock.
 
/What?/
 
//Hatred…malice…betrayal…revenge…//

Yami wasn't acting himself. Never had he seen the pharaoh so angry. Why was he muttering words to him that meant nothing but sadness and fate? Why was his Yami so angry and depressed?
 
//Kill…//
 
Yugi's eyes darted towards Yami's sudden words.
 
/What did you say?/
 
//Kill…need to kill…//
 
Yami's fangs were starting to show again, and the claws were sharpening as well. He was continuing to come closer and closer. He was hissing at Yugi, continuing to glare his eyes at his hikari. Yugi was now tainted with fear and needed someone to help him. But his voice had escaped him and he felt as if something was binding him to that very spot. Yami was etching closer and much more silent until they were an inch away from each other.
 
//Time to kill…//