Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming (girl's pov) ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter one
You sat silently where you always were beside the throne. You're a slave but you like it this way it's easier then what you had been doing before. The pharaoh sat quietly staring ahead boredly. Sometimes he looked at you and he had a different look in his eyes. Hence the dreams you've been having lately about what that emotion in his eyes was. Once he'd actually asked for your name. You were almost too scared of him to answer because he could easily destroy you but you managed to stammer a reply none the less. He'd smiled then which was even more terrifying then his eyes.
Today though, today was different. He'd been looking at you more frequently then normal. You could feel the tension in the air and honestly you're afraid of what he was going to do or say. As time passed you wonder if he will say anything but after he sends all the guards and the priests away you know the event you've been waiting for has come.
“Stand up.” He said to you watching you with those purple eyes, which glisten with emotion unknown. You do as he commands and stand as gracefully as possible in your rags.
He scanned you slowly like he was committing every inch of you to memory. You twitch nervously under his gaze.
`What does he want' you want to ask, yet you remain silent.
“Were you born a slave?” he asked gently as if to avoid hurting your feelings. You quivered slightly as you answered his question.
“Yes, but I've been here for only a year.”
He again smiled at you and you feel the bottom of your stomach drop out.
“I know I've been watching you all the time.” His roving eyes now flick back to yours and search for your reaction. You look at his eyes with the slight fear that you had grown up with. He stood and moved towards you. You stumble back against the wall afraid of what he was doing.
He moved again putting his hand on your cheek. You look away frightened of what was happening and his touch.
“You don't look like a slave you look beautiful.” He traced your jaw line gently. He was silent as he moved closer.
“You're so beautiful” he leaned in and pressed his lips to yours.
It wasn't really a kiss more like a taste. He slid his lips over yours then traced them with his tongue.
He pulled back a little resting his forehead against yours he let out a pent up breath in a low sigh. He sounded so content, so happy that you relaxed a little.
He picked up your hand and spread it gently over his. He traced the outline of your hand, and then slid a ring off his hand and onto yours.
“Keep this for me.” He moved sitting back on the throne.
You shivered and sat back where you were before.' Why did he do that' you wonder into the silence. The priests came back and guards eventually filtered back to.
Time passed but when you're a slave time doesn't really matter.
Several sunrises passed and nothing had happened to you. You started to relax back into your environment. You still had his ring though, you hid it most of the time but secretly you looked at it often. It was a small gold ring with a beautiful emerald set in it that was always twinkling merrily.
You looked up from the ring and looked at the pharaoh to see he was watching you again.
A shiver ran up your spine. You looked around in desperation and realize that the priests and guards are gone again, your eyes widened.
The pharaoh stood again and moved towards you.
“Why are you afraid?” he asked gently as he backed you into a corner then braced himself around you. You shivered and reached a hand out almost touching him. He shifted slightly and your hand was firmly pressed against his chest. You reached out putting your other hand on him as well. You're touching royalty and loving it to.
He sighed” please don't be afraid of me, I'm not going to hurt you.”
You sigh as well, half believing him but still afraid of him a little.
You look at him with fear still in your eyes. He again sighed and then picked you up. Your eyes widen as he walks with you over to the throne setting you in his lap gently as he sat down.
He brushed a stray hair out of your face and then started to stroke your hair lightly. You lay as still as possible causing the effect of a board on his lap.
The pharaoh smiled down at you.
“Relax you're stiff as a board.”
You made yourself relax and you lay your head back on the arm of the throne. It was a cold hard stone that would be probably be very painful to sit on for a long time.
The pharaoh laid a hand on your stomach while still threading his hands though your hair.
A priest walked into the throne room. He paused at the door when he saw the pharaoh with you in his lap. He gaped then regained his composure and stepped forward bowing.
“My pharaoh.”
The pharaoh looked up from gazing at you.
“Speak priest.” He commanded.
The priest made his report but you weren't really paying attention. You were concentrating on the feeling of the pharaoh around you. His legs were muscular as well as his chest, you quivered at the thought of how stronger he seemed.
The priest left but you still stayed quietly sitting on the king of Egypt's lap.
`What's happening to me?' you thought. The pharaoh turned his attention back to you. He pressed his hand to your face again. You sat in pharaoh's lap wondering how long heaven would last. It became a continuous process. When he came and woke you in the morning to when he went to sleep that night. He made your life beautiful.
Then one day it all came down around your ears. A priest rushed in breaking the peaceful lunch that the pharaoh was sharing with you.
“My pharaoh!” the priest sounded fearful and tired like he's been running.
The pharaoh's head snapped up to look at the priest irritated interruption that he was.
“What is it?”
“The Romans! They come!” the priest reported in a fearful rush.
The pharaoh's face paled noticeable as he calmly picked you up and set you beside the throne. He stood defiantly.
“Let them, now let us get all the priests, we need to council against this up coming war.”
The priest left quickly to get the others of his kind. The pharaoh paced nervously in front of the throne.
“I need to get you to a safe place.” He said as he continued pacing.
“Where will I go?” you asked a little sacredly.
“Away, far away, as far from here as possible.”
“But then I can't see you.” You said quietly not wanting to make the already nerve wrecked pharaoh angry.
The pharaoh leaned down and kneeled on the floor in front of you. He took your hand in his.
“I know and I'll miss you dearly, but I must do this for both of our sakes, I promise that after this is over, if I'm still alive, I'll find you again, I promise.”
The priests rushed in and pharaoh left you sitting there. A table was set with maps and so the council of war began.
The pharaoh and his priests talked in whispers making it impossible to hear them from where you sat. You waited fearfully. The pharaoh called a guard and whispered something. The guard looked startled and looked at you then listened again to the pharaoh. When the pharaoh finished he turned back to the priests.
The guard came over and held out a hand to help you up. You took it slowly and stood up. It was unheard of for a guard to help a slave, you were nervous now. The guard didn't smile but he shouldn't we're at war. You look at the guard and sighed following him as he walked out to the stables. A horse was prepared and the guard put you up on it quickly.
Another horse was brought out and you watched as the guard mounted and take your horses lead rope. Two horses walked though a crowded street and several hours later, the desert.
After the land of Egypt drifted out of sight the guard stopped the horses, you notice it is sunset nearly and that he's merely stopping for the night. The guard helps you down from your horse and helped you sit in the sand, your legs felt wobbly after such a long time on a horse.
“Don't worry you'll get used to ridding more often as we go.” The guard said staring into the distance.
“The pharaoh has a liking for you if he wants you away during this war; it's going to be a nasty one at that.”
You look at him curiously. He spoke to you, guards don't talk to slaves.
“Don't worry your safe to talk to me and safe from harm for that matter.” He said as if reading you thoughts.
You still stayed silent for there was nothing to say. You watched him from your sandy seat.
The guard sat next to you” do you know why the pharaoh likes you?” he questioned watching you with kind gray eyes.
“Yes,” you drew off warily staring into the sandy expanses remembering the month you had spent in love; your heart throbbed painfully as you remembered his last words to you.
“I didn't even get to say good-bye.” You said thinking of him now you sigh in elation.
You smile dreamily like a love struck child.
“Do you love him?” the guard said breaking into your silent dreamland.
“What?” you come out of your thoughts with a snap and look at him.
“Yes, I think I do, now that you mention it, I hadn't thought of that before.” You smiled `I'm in love yes that's what it is love.' You fell asleep quickly with beautiful thoughts of your newly discovered love.