Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Deck ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Duel Deck: Deck III

Card 16: Tell Me (SerenityxTristan, MaixJoey)

Serenity's Point of View

Today, among other things, I accidentally put salt instead of sugar in my brother's coffee, but he drank it anyway. Joey and I have been living in an apartment in Domino city for a while now. Mai comes to visit often; it's nice to have her come over. Mai and my brother make a good couple and so did a certain someone and I while it lasted.

It was my fault really. I should have showed more appreciation. He came to think that I looked at him as a friend and nothing more. It's like we never told each other what our status was, but for a while we might have been dating, but I never made it clear I thought so too. He must have finally given up and put distance between us so we could really be just friends.

My brother kept asking me what was wrong. I think he already knows, but won't say it until I tell Tristan. I don't want to talk about it and I don't want to worry Joey, so I smile and say I'm alright. I really don't want to cause a fight between them. I want them to be friends and I don't want to be the reason they're not.

I remember that day when I came home and Tristan was here. He was standing just outside the apartment, waiting at the door to see me as soon as I got there. I really appreciated that and it was days like those that made me fall in love.

As I sit here writing in my diary, I can't help it but to wonder what would have happened if I told him how I felt when I had the chance. Why did I keep it to myself? Did I assume he would know? Should he? No, there's no way for him to know unless I told him, or showed it somehow...

"Serenity," there's someone at the door to my room so I stop writing in my diary and put it away. That voice isn't my brother's voice.

"Come in," it's Tristan, he's here. Now or never, I have to tell him now, even if it's too late, I need to get this off my chest. "I love you."

Tristan smiles, "I know and I love you too." I guess he figured it out. Even if I didn't tell him before, he must have felt it somehow. Maybe I was the one who needed to figure it out.

End POV

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 17: Lobster Boy

Seto Kaiba's Point of View

I await the inevitable remark as a come face to face with the mutt. His little friends Yugi, Tristan and Tea also have comments about my current situation. I can see it in their eyes, but unlike the mutt, it looks like they'll keep quiet. I guess the mutt isn't as smart as the others. He's going to say it, I know he will.

"Kaiba," he starts, but laughter interrupts his sentence.

I give him a deadly glare as I think back to yesterday. Why did I have to give in and take Mokuba to the beach? He kept insisting that I needed to relax and kept giving me the sad kitten eyes. Well at least he's happy. I must admit it was good to take some time off, once. I haven't build a sand castle since that time when we built a model of the amusement park I told Mokuba we would have in the future, that was in a sand box at the orphanage. We built it again at the beach and it turned out even better.

"You're," the mutt tries to communicate his comment again.

"Don't say it," I warn him seriously. The mutt's friends are smiling, holding back laughter, while staring at my sunburned face.

"Lobster boy!" As soon as those two words come out of the mutt's mouth Yugi, Tristan and Tea burst out laughing.

"Shut up!" I scream. Sunburn alone is bad enough, but having sunburn and being laughed at, is too much. This is unacceptable.

"Sorry Kaiba," Yugi apologized between laughs. "I know sunburn is really annoying and painful."

I ignore him and continue glaring daggers at the mutt. Not literally, but I wish I was. Ten minutes pass and he finally backs way, creeped out by my deadly icy glare. I don't think I've ever held a glare without blinking for this long before. I walk in a straight line between the mutt and Yugi, then past Tristan and Tea.

Judging by the things they're carrying, it looks like they're going to the beach. I doubt that after going all the way to the beach they'll turn back when they get there and realize they don't have any sun block. I grin as I reach into my gravity defying coat and pull out four bottles of sun block, which I throw away in the nearest trash can once I know I'm out of their sight. Paralyze your enemy and take what you want before they even know what happened. Sometimes knowing the basics of being a ninja can be very useful.

End POV

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 18: Happy New Year

Seto Kaiba stood in from of his new Kaiba Land theme park or should I say 'Kaiba Landia'. He wanted to have parks all over the world and this particular one was located in Spain. Today was new year's eve, the day in which the park was opened. A large sign at the entrance was supposed to read 'happy new year' but due to a small spelling mistake it said something completely different.

"Mira ese letrero," said a girl who was heading for the park, this means "look at that sign" in English.

"Sin cambiar de tema, viste a Kaiba?" Another girl giggled saying, "without changing the subject, did you see Kaiba?"

Those fan girls must think he doesn't understand Spanish but Seto Kaiba is fluent in Japanese, English, Spanish and who knows how many other languages. He couldn't help it but to pull down his anti-gravity coat and stomp away. Who ever made that sign was so fired. "Roland! Tell me who made that sign at the entrance?" Seto yelled once inside the park.

Roland, who was supervising random things on the first day of business, was rendered speechless by the anger in his employer's voice. The blue haired man could only manage to gulp and point at a near by employee, soon to be ex-employee.

"Mr. Kaiba is there something wrong with the sign? Because I wrote exactly what you told me to write," Seto's glare made him fall silent.

"Idiot! Insulting the locals is not a good way to start business! You're fired, now get out of here before I," Seto raised his silver briefcase, ready to hit that stupid man with it. The recently fired man ran for dear life, before Seto was able to hit him, and was never seen or heard of again. Seto lowered his briefcase and took a deep breath.

"Big brother," Mokuba voiced.

"What" Seto responded angrily, but he calmed down when he say the look on Mokuba's face. "What did you want to tell me?" This time Seto spoke with forced sweetness.

"Why are people pointing at the 'happy new year' sign and laughing, or making faces, or looking surprised?" Mokuba asked curiously.

"Mokuba, do you remember that sound I told you about in the Spanish language?" Seto tried not to explode in anger just thinking about what the sign outside said.

"The one that sounds like no, no, ño," Mokuba recalled, getting the pronunciation right on his third try.

"Yes that one, in Spanish 'feliz año nuevo' means 'happy new year' but 'feliz ano nuevo' means... It means something else," Seto explained.

"What does it mean?" Mokuba innocently inquired.

"Never mind Mokuba, just don't use that word until you learn to pronounce it right. I need to go do something about that sign now," Seto walked away. He had to get rid of that sign right now, because Kaiba Landia had wished enough people a happy new ass.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 19: Fetch!

Joey Wheeler stared at the flashdrive in his hand. He knew it wasn't his and he wasn't sure if he should return it, throw it in the nearest garbage can, or burn it. The owner of this flashdrive was Seto Kaiba. He had dropped it while placing his deck back in his coat pocket after the duel ended.

Joey had been the one to challenge Seto Kaiba to a duel and as usual he was ignored. This time Joey would not take no for an answer and continued his avalanche of complaints and insults until Kaiba stopped walking, turned around and ordered him to activate his duel disk.

Joey was confident he had a good chance of winning this time. That confidence was with him until he lost his very last life point while Kaiba had plenty left. This time Kaiba had won easier than ever and Joey knew this victory would not be forgotten. After that, a few more insults were directed at the blond and the CEO placed his cards back in his coat, then left. That's when the flashdrive fell out.

Now, one day later, Joey stared at the item, still wondering what course of action he should take. He remembered all the things Kaiba yelled at him. "Useless mutt, dueling monkey, luck alone won't help you now, you have no dueling skills what so ever, you should quit, insignificant idiot." All those words echoed in his mind as if Kaiba was standing right next to his ear yelling them right now.

Joey closed his eyes and tried to push away those thoughts. "Stupid money bags!"

"What are you yelling about?" Tristan asked confused.

Joey looked at Tristan, wondering for how long he had been standing there while he was lost in thought. "Nothing, never mind." Joey got up from the park bench and began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Tristan inquired.

"I need to return something, I'll be right back." Joey didn't want Seto to think he stole the flashdrive and add 'thief' to his endless list of less than friendly nicknames.

Joey ran to Kaiba Corporation and saw Seto as he was about to enter the building. "Kaiba!"

Kaiba turned to look at the one calling him. He had to go check on some business and needed to return to work in his office as soon as possible. "I don't have time for your stupidity right now."

"You should be thanking me that I came all the way here to return this. I should have burned it!" Joey waved flashdrive around until Kaiba extended his hand. Joey tossed it into his hand and began to walk away muttering something about an ungrateful bastard.

"So you can fetch after all," Joey heard Kaiba's voice and froze. As soon as he regained movement he turned around. "One GB flashdrives are practically antiques now; the ones I use have a lot more storage space than this. I was only trying to prove a point."

"What point?" Joey was angry and somewhat confused.

"That you're a mutt and that's why you fetched this for me." Kaiba laughed at Joey, while the blond only managed to growl. He should have known it was a trick.

"Next time you lose something and I find it, I'll burn it!" Joey screamed at the top of his lungs before storming off back to the park.

Seto smiled in amusement. "I wonder what other tricks I can teach him besides fetch..."

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 20: Contract

"Mr. Kaiba!" A female voice was heard, followed by insistent knocking on a door. "Mr. Kaiba, it's time for your meeting and it's not very friendly to keep people waiting!" Tea paused; then brought her ear to the door to listen to the hushed noises from inside the office. When she heard footsteps approaching the door, she immediately stepped back.

Tea glanced at the walls inside the office after Seto opened the door. All the abstract paintings that Mokuba dared to call decorative were still there. The general state of the office was as it was in the morning, save for the inexplicable layer of dust that managed to make it into all offices, regardless if windows were opened or closed.

"Clean the office Gardener," Seto instructed.

"Yes, Mr. Kaiba," Seto's office was the easiest to clean, Tea concluded, because it never had a multitude of papers scattered about.

Seto hated paperwork to the point where he considered throwing away the printers, thought in the end he kept them. People should learn to keep documents on the computer where they belonged. Why things needed to be printed to be read, Seto would never understand, he preferred to read from the screen anyway.

As Seto sat in his business meeting, he searched for the necessary contract in his briefcase. So far he had discreetly emptied its contents under the table, accidentally or otherwise, and concluded that he didn't have it. This was bad, because that contract was very important and Roland could only stall for so long.

Then Tea ceremoniously entered the room serving mid afternoon coffee and muffins that were not really requested by anyone. Before any of those present noticed Seto's predicament, she unnoticeably handed him the contract, and with the excuse of having dropped a napkin, snuck under the table and scooped all the scattered papers back into Seto's briefcase.

Then, as Tea headed out the door, Seto mused that maybe it wasn't so bad that he had lost that silly, non-duel related, bet against the mutt, promising to give Tea a job as the prince. Though the CEO never figured out why Tea decided that she wanted a job at Kaiba Corp, he would blame it on Joey, he must have talked her into it to annoy Seto; but really, it wasn't so bad.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 21: Odd Couple

It's a deep dark secret, such a sweet feeling. Can such opposing things be one and the same? A new emotion, is this what they call love? Or is it another thing?

Being with you is the only time I'm calm. You bring happiness to my life and simplify my problems. You define my existence and you give me strength to go on. When ever I have a problem, I come to you, when ever I feel sorrow, I come to you and in happiness I'm always with you. You were always in front of my eyes but I did not believe that this love could exist.

I wondered about this for a long time. There's something different about this relationship, not something found every day. I'm sorry for all those times when I called you less than nice names, back then I didn't realize what I felt inside.

At the beginning I thought it was nothing, at one point I thought it was hate. Now I realize it's nothing like that, is it the feeling they call love? Is it really? Is it even possible? Is it right? What if my little brother finds out? Some example I'll set. Then again, I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong, so why worry?

No one knows about this; not my brother, not his friends. If it were my choice, they would never know. No one needs to know, we'll keep this secret, just you and me. Different as we may be, we are deep down, I believe, the same. If you promise not to leave me, I will never leave you. Stay with me forever and I will stay with you. You are my love, you are my hope. I finally realized it. I need you always, do you need me?

xoxox xox xoxox

Seto Kaiba looked at what he had typed on the screen and decided it was too mushy for what it was supposed to be, a simple recording of his every day life. Deleting the text, Seto typed on his blog again.

xoxox xox xoxox

Today I apologized to a certain someone for calling this someone not so nice names. While I was doing so, I realized that I have fallen in love and declared my love to this someone. This someone feels the same way about me and that makes me very happy.

However we're not your every day couple, we're different and some firmly believe we're not supposed to be together. I find nothing wrong with it and wish they would understand. Even so, I haven't told Mokuba yet. No one else knows either. I don't mind keeping the secret forever, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll just act like I used to when other people are around and they'll believe it.

xoxox xox xoxox

Not even typing the name of the person, Seto saved his entry, feeling a certain special satisfaction when doing so. There was something special about having an online blog where he wrote about his life. Those who he kept secrets from could easily access it, yet even if they did, they would have no idea who this blog belonged to. It was so amusing that they knew so much, yet they didn't know anything at all.

Seto smiled at the object of his affection, whom he did not consider to be just an object. He petted his beloved computer and bid it goodnight.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 22: Rainy Night

Our story starts in the Bakura residence in Domino City, Japan, where something very unusual is happening. Most of the time Bakura, the spirit of the Millennium Ring gave the orders and Ryou just listened and obeyed, but tonight the white haired hikari had the courage to talk back and so an argument began.

One thing was clear to the former tomb robber; his hikari was not going to be the victim anymore. Ryou was tired of being picked on and wouldn't back down regardless of what that meant. Secretly admiring his courage, Bakura didn't kick or punch his hikari, but instead just argued with him. The yelling could most likely be heard from the neighbors' houses and the street, but neither of them cared about such unimportant details.

"Why can't you be..." Ryou trailed into silence. The hikari looked down at the floor sighing hopelessly. He turned around to go upstairs to his room, leaving Bakura in the living room.

"Why can't I be what?" The yami hissed, grabbing Ryou's arm and forcedly making him sit down on the stairs. "Well? Answer me boy?" He would never admit it, but Bakura was somewhat disappointed that Ryou's sudden courage appeared to be gone and was replaced by indifference.

Ryou sighed once more, holding his head and feeling the headache that was to come from all the screaming in his ears. "Why can't you just be," why can't you just be my friend? Ryou meant to ask, but it was something else that came out. "What can't you just be different? Why can't you be like Yami? Why can't we be like Yami and Yugi? I've never done anything to you, but you hate me!" The white haired boy angrily got up and ran up a few stairs; he stopped and glared down at Bakura. "I've had it with you Bakura. I just want it all to end. I thought that if I listened to you and was nice, you would eventually change, but I guess I was wrong. It's clear you're not going to change; you don't care about anyone but yourself. You selfish evil spirit, I wish I never touched the Millennium Ring!" Ryou's eyes were shiny with tears that threatened to fall any second. "I just want all the pain to end, why won't you go away?" A few tears started running down his pale face. "You may hate me, but know this tomb robber, I hate you even more!" After saying those unexpected words, Ryou ran up to his room, Bakura heard the door being slammed shut and locked.

The former tomb robber stood there for a few seconds in disbelief, staring at the stairs. He wasn't sure if he was angry or sad, or both, but he knew for sure that he was extremely frustrated. So Ryou wanted him to be like the pharaoh? Bakura considered going up to Ryou's room to make him regret his words, the door could not keep him out, but instead he turned around and left, out the front door.

Bakura didn't know why but Ryou's words bothered him this much. Some time ago, he wouldn't have cared, but then again, some time ago Ryou wouldn't talk to him that way. He had changed, didn't the hikari notice? The truth was Bakura was trying to be nicer to Ryou, but due to his hard past, it was difficult sometimes, but he tried, didn't that count? Didn't Ryou notice he was trying? Or maybe the boy had suffered so much he was unable to forgive the spirit of the Millennium Ring.

Bakura's mind was clouded by all those thoughts as he carelessly walked down the lonely streets of Domino City at night. A loud crash of thunder and lightning was heard not too far away, that would explain why there weren't any people in the streets tonight; the woman inside the talking picture box must have predicted a storm earlier. Either way, it didn't matter. Maybe the cold rain water would help Bakura calm down, he didn't know why, but he just couldn't face Ryou when he was this upset, he wouldn't admit it, but he was afraid he would return to his old ways guided by anger.

Lost in his own thoughts Bakura didn't notice the person following him. Rain drops started to fall from the skies at first few, then abundant and heavy. The rain clouded his vision and his hikari occupied his mind. He heard the roaring thunder and the crashing lightning, but he did not hear the foot steps in the rain until it was too late.

Bakura nearly jumped a mile when someone suddenly hugged him. He slowly turned around the face the person relieved it wasn't a rabid fan girl. "What are you doing out here?" Bakura asked his hikari.

"I came to find you," Ryou replied. "I'm sorry I was mean, I really am. I know you're trying to change and you've come a long way. I appreciate what you're doing."

Bakura grinned, almost smiled. "It's alright, forget it. Let's go home and get out of this rain before you catch a cold."

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 23: Ode to the Spell Checker

"This is great," the director watched the duelists getting ready to start filming. It was a Duel Monsters fantasy film, inspired by the monsters that were seen around the city a few months ago. Seto Kaiba was leaving to throw another tournament, KC Grand Pix or something like that. The director had been very lucky to get him to participate in this film.

The camera crew gathered around, making the final checks on the equipment. Security kept the many fan girls under control and away from the stars of the movie. In this movie Seto would play the villain and Yugi's mission was to stop him from taking over the world.

It was a strange habit of this particular director to film the ending first, which took place at Kaiba Land, or as it was known in the movie Kaiba's Evil Lair. They could have closed Kaiba Land for the day, but Seto didn't want to miss a day of profits, besides he would get more publicity this way.

"Quiet on the set!" The director yelled. "Now lets get ready to film the final scene with Yugi's heroic speech!"

That classic board with the numbers was held in front of the camera. "Yugi's heroic speech, take one!"

"Lights, camera, action!" The director excitedly called.

"I will not let you take over the world! The people of Earth have given me a mission, I shall accomplish that mission and my mission is," Yugi made a dramatic pose while reading from some charts with his lines.

"Cut!" The director yelled. "Yugi baby, put more emotion into it, like you do when you duel!"

"Hey Yugi, maybe I can help," Yami offered talking to Yugi on their mind link.

"Alright, you can do this scene," Yugi mentally answered.

The classic board with the numbers was held in front of the camera again. "Yugi's heroic speech, take two!"

"Lights, camera, action!" The director called once again.

The millennium puzzle glowed as Yami took over and read Yugi's lines from the charts. "I will not let you take over the world! The people of Earth have given me a mission, I shall accomplish that mission and my mission is," Yami made a dramatic pose, "to strip you!"

All the fan girls who were watching the movie being made began to cheer and clap. Seto just stared wide eyed. "That wasn't in my contract! You're fired!" Seto pointed at the director, even if he didn't work for him. Security dragged the director away and threw him out. "The movie thing is off, everybody out, except the paying customers that is."

"Aw!" Needless to say, the fan girls were not happy, so Seto had to be escorted out of Kaiba Land by twenty-seven body guards, and taken to safety in his helicopter.

Later the director, who not only directed but also wrote the script, was returning home to Hollywood very frustrated. He first thought it was the fault of the one who made the charts, but it was actually his fault. No, it wasn't his fault; it was the spell checker's fault!

Originally, Yugi was to say, "I will not let you take over the world! The people of Earth have given me a mission, I shall accomplish that mission and my mission is to stop you!" However, the poor unfortunate director later realized that he had typoed "stop" as "strp" and the spell checker changed it to "strip".

The Spell Checker can be a double bladed weapon sometimes, but where would we be without it?

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 24: Special Delivery

Seto Point of View

The truth is that I've never tasted it, but I heard it's very good. It's not that I don't have access to it, I practically run this city. That's why when I wanted to throw my Battle City tournament no one objected to me using the entire city as the battle field. People dueled everywhere in the city, even in the middle of roads and the police could do nothing but redirect the traffic. This city is mine. I control everything here, everything except this. I have access to it, but I'm not in control. The reason is simple: Mokuba.

I planned to tell my little brother of the situation. About how it felt to be so close, to have the thing I want most in my hand, but not be able to taste it. Of course I backed out before I actually told him. I just can't give my little brother such a disappointment. He looks up to me, everyone does, or they should. I can't do a thing like this to Mokuba, they'll all know. So I have decided to do this in secret.

I've taken every possibility into consideration. Mokuba will never know, no one will. My little brother will be sound asleep when I leave to pick up the package and I'll be back before he wakes up. The meeting will take place in a random alley of Domino city where no one would expect to find Seto Kaiba. It's already midnight and I said I would be there at twelve thirty so I better be on my way.

xoxox xox xoxox

Sneaking out of my mansion unnoticed was easy. I don't want to make any noise so I'll go on foot; it's not too far anyway. A few unknown people walk around the streets of Domino, probably planning to party all night. There's no one around I know, but even if there was, they won't know I'm here, I'm a ninja moving in the shadows. I hurry into the alley, if I'm late the deal will be off and he won't give me another chance to buy. He was very clear when he said it.

I keep walking into the darkness of the alley and spot him in a corner. "Do you have it?" I ask, trying not to show I'm a little nervous.

"Yes," He replied quietly as he hands me a brown paper bag and at the same time I hand him the money.

"Don't tell anyone," I insist before he runs off. I go deeper into the alley and look around to make sure no one followed me. I open up the bag and stare at the merchandise for a moment. I can't believe I finally have it.

All the stores in which this is sold are closed at this hour and if I get it during the day, Mokuba will always somehow find out. Tonight I finally did it. I got Yami to buy this and keep it safe until I came for it, that way Mokuba will never know. I take the bag of Oreo cookies out of the paper bag, open it and eat an entire cookie, this feels so good.

I take another cookie and lick the cream off before eating it too. I've never had the chance to taste the cream side before. Mokuba always showed up when I was about to eat Oreos and asked if he could have half the cookies and of course he always wanted the cream side. Now I feel a little guilty about eating cookies without him, but it was the only way I could taste the cream side, just this once.

End of Seto's POV

As Yami entered the Game Shop, Yugi turned on the lights. "Where did you go so late?" The hikari asked.

The yami knew his story was farfetched, but he tried to explain anyway. "Would you believe me if I told you Kaiba offered to pay me a thousand dollars if I delivered some cookies to him in an alley at thirty minutes past midnight?"

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 25: Mirror Image

There was a cold feeling all over his body as his leaned against the smooth surface of the large mirror. It was so cold, yet so relaxing, just sitting on the floor next to the mirror when his little brother was away. When Mokuba was there, he could only catch small glances at the mirror, but now that Mokuba was somewhere with his friends for the afternoon, they could be alone. The younger Kaiba had left quite angry because Seto preferred to stay and work than to go with him and his friends to the movies. Little did he know how powerful his words could really be.

"I'm cold... Hug me" He moved slowly to the side, resting his face against the mirror. It was cold, so very cold, yet it felt warm and safe at the same time.

"Don't leave," He placed his hand on the mirror touching his reflection's face.

"Why are you sad? I'm right here for you." He willed the reflected image to smile.

"We have very little time to ourselves, I want you to be happy," he told his reflection and pressed his body against the mirror's surface, wishing he would fall into the other side, into the arms of the only one he could truly trust.

"You're the only one who cares for me." He closed his eyes and wished with all his heart, which contrary to what most believed he did have, that the one in the mirror would come to him.

"You're the only one who doesn't ask anything of me but takes me as I am." Memories randomly surfaced in his head from all the times he was asked to be someone other than himself.

"Why can't I be like you? You're just Seto..." He opened his eyes to see a pair of blue eyes staring back at him.

"You're not the CEO of a major corporation, you're not the one in charge of Kaiba Corp. and you're not the one that will be blamed if it ever was to fall, you're just Seto and that's enough." It was too much pressure, too much perfection to achieve.

"You're not a big brother, you're just Seto. Why do I fear him? Why do I fear letting Mokuba down to the point where it's best to avoid him?"

"Why can't I be more like you? Why can't I just be Seto and let that be enough?" He cared for his brother very much, yet he feared he wasn't a good enough brother for him.

"Why can't I be like you? Why can't I be your mirror image?" He wasn't just Seto, he was so much more, yet he felt like so much less.

He stepped away from the mirror. The young man staring back at him showed a hint of superiority mixed with disgust and pity. "Love me, please don't pity me..."

The image glared at him. "Don't hate me... please."

He stepped closer to the mirror again whispering to the image. "If you hate me too, then I can truly say that everyone in the world does, because you are the only one left. But I know you can't hate me."

The image appeared to look down upon him as if he were just an inferior creature. "You think you could be a better brother than me?" Being Mokuba's brother was the reason he lived for, yet he felt like he always did worse every day.

"I'll get out of your way." He would no longer be a brother. Mokuba had someone better now, so there was no use for him now. There was no reason for him to stay.

xoxox xox xoxox

"Seto!" Mokuba's voice echoed all over the large empty mansion. "Seto, I'm sorry about what I said!" He ran up the stairs as cold chills ran down his spine. "You are a great big brother, the best I could ever have!" There was a painful feeling in his heart.

"Seto?" What the mirror reflected was the one thing that Mokuba would desperately try to erase from his mind, yet he could never forget the nightmare.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 26: Understanding

Seto Point of View

Sometimes I wonder if there's someone out there that can understand me. Sometimes I wish there was. That day like any other day I went on with my seemingly perfect life that isn't so perfect. That day I thought would be like any other day, but for once I'm actually happy to admit I was wrong. Because that day was different, that day I found you.

It happened as a complete accident. I wasn't looking for you because I didn't think you were out there, but you were and that day I found you. At first I didn't recognize you, but then the truth hit me. I know who you are. How could I not know the second I read it? I guess I just wanted to give it more thought, just to be sure. Yes, I know who you are, you're the one I wished for.

That day like any other day I went to work, yelled at my employees and spent all morning typing. That's when it happened. I was typing when the power went out because lightening had crashed near by. It was a very stormy day. My computer screen froze, or so I thought. I hit random keys almost unconsciously, trying to get some reaction from the computer.

Soon enough the computer worked again, but the keys that I unconsciously hit brought me to a search engine. The words I randomly typed where things that I thought only I could understand and I didn't even realize I typed them. I hope I hasn't spaced out and accidentally typed anything too personal on a company document. It's not like me to get so distracted, but lately things have been too stressing, even for me.

I read a little of what was written in the search results. It looked like it was someone's blog. I never type my life for everyone to read, but I wonder if I should type it, then I won't get the sudden urge to type everything out of my system when I'm working. No one needs to know I'm the one who wrote that, maybe I'll consider this option.

I can't help it but to click on a specific link, the description feels so familiar somehow. It seams like the search engine used part of the latest entry in the description as it is the first text that appears on the page.

I read, "does anyone know how much energy it takes to pretend to be perfect all the time? Then I wonder why do I do it? Is it that I care? No. Is it that I want to become what I pretend to be? Certainly not. Is it that I don't have a choice? Maybe. Thinking of things I come to the conclusion that I have nothing to pretend for, or rather no one. That's okay I've always said I don't need anyone, but then why keep up appearances?"

This person, who ever it is, asks the same question I ask myself. At the same time whoever this may be, brings my answer. I go on because of Mokuba. I let people think I'm perfect because I don't want to disappoint him. I don't blame him, not at all. I blame myself for getting myself trapped in this situation.

It keeps unwanted attention away. If you're relaxed, you're irresponsible. If you have your own way of making priorities instead of mindlessly following the crowd, you're insensitive. If you want to be happy and try to be, you're selfish. If you're life doesn't go a certain way, you're wasting it, even if that's how you truly wanted it to be. But you know what? If it doesn't go your way then you really are wasting it. In short, if you're different, you have a problem.

People always criticize what they know nothing of. Always making assumptions and stereotypes and using generalizations with everyone around them, without first looking at themselves.

You know what I think? Being 'someone' isn't important and people liking you isn't important. Why should I care? I don't. I pretend so I can keep them away, until the day I can escape this world ruled by the mindless majority. I don't fit in, nor do I want to. Just because the majority does something, it doesn't make it right, and just because only a few people do something, it doesn't make it wrong. I hate hypocrites.

By now I should have stopped wasting my time and continued working, but I can't stop reading. Sometimes I wish there was someone out there that could understand, but I don't really care if there is. I hide more secrets than they think. The one they see is an act to keep their questions away. Different means bad to them I guess, but that's a lie.

I'm almost done reading the entry and somehow want to read more. "Let your life flow how you want it to." That last sentence is so simple, yet it holds so much meaning. This makes me want to read more and I do so.

After reading several entries I've found that there really is someone out there that understands. First there was the occasional email that came more and more often. We're different in some ways and the same in others, a good balance.

You understood me in a way different from what anyone understood before. Whoever you are, I had to find you beyond the virtual world. Tracking the computer used to post this site was easy, given the fact that I have the best technology in the world.

You, like I did, kept things to yourself except you left a clue out there in the virtual world of the internet for someone to find you. I'm glad you left that clue out there, because now you're not out there anymore. You are here, with me.

End POV

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Card 27: Cleaning the Closet (JoeyxMai)

"I can't believe she left," Joey muttered under his breath, as he tried to pull himself free from all the random junk that occupied most of his room and specially the area in front of his closet. The closet had two doors, one of which was stuck, it didn't matter anyway, if it stayed stuck it could hold in all the random objects in that corner, besides opening one of the doors was enough to reach in and place any other things that needed to be stored in there.

Joey kept his clothes in drawers due to the risk of losing them in the closet, but he never worried about cleaning it, nor did the thought occur to him that it might eventually run out of space.

Today that poor abused closet door had finally become unstuck as Joey placed a lonely shoe in the closet. He had lost the shoe's companion and after searching for about an hour initially, then putting the shoe down and trying to recover it's companion for another hour again a week later, Joey gave up on his one man rescue team and was about to sacrifice the lonely shoe to the Shadow Realm aka his closet.

Joey didn't want to throw the single shoe away, in case its missing sibling showed up. It would appear that the shoe was the thing that finally caused a chain reaction, making the contents of the closet fall like an avalanche, pushing the formerly stuck door open and falling on Joey, burying him alive.

Serenity had come running when she heard the tremendous noise. Now the siblings lived in an apartment in Domino city by themselves. Serenity always kept the rest of the apartment clean, neat and organized, but she never ventured into Joey's room. Not even Serenity knew for sure if she avoided her brother's room out of respect for his privacy, or simply because deep down she feared that she might find some kind of mutant garbage monster in there, that would try to eat her alive.

Either way, the smell which Joey had somehow grown accustomed to and didn't notice any more, was very uninviting to Serenity. She had told him there and then that he had to clean his room, then she turned around and left to buy some groceries, assuring her brother that she expected the room to be clean on her return.

It might sound uncharacteristic of Serenity, but no matter how patient and calm one is, it eventually runs out. She did, however, ask for Joey to clean in the most polite way possible, without losing the firmness or urgency of the request.

Joey attempted to get his legs free of whatever they where stuck in, he was waist deep in random junk. How was he to clean this mess if Serenity left? Wasn't she going to help? She did clean the rest of the apartment by herself, but still it would be nice if she lend a hand anyway. He felt like he was sinking in quicksand. Soon he hit the bottom as he stepped on a banana peal, hidden beneath the many random items on the floor, and slipped falling into the mess, screaming out for help in the process.

"Let me give you a hand," a female voice was heard, but it wasn't his sister's voice. Joey looked up at the blond woman holding out her hand to him and before he could fully process what was happening, he took it, allowing her to help him stand up.

"Mai," Joey voiced, as her presence there sunk in, and his face turned red. He didn't know why, but somehow, he didn't feel comfortable with Mai knowing about his less than organized habits, he wanted to look good for her and this didn't look good.

"Let me help you out of there," Mai held his other hand as well to help Joey maintain his balance on the many random objects on the floor. He nodded letting her lead him away, still surprised that she showed up so suddenly in his room.

The truth was Joey had given Mai a copy of the apartment's key saying that she could come to visit any time she was in Domino city, but when several months passed and she didn't use that key even if she came to visit, so he thought she wouldn't be using it any time soon.

Mai had also ventured into the sea of random items to help Joey swim out and just as they were almost out, Joey stepped on something slippery, most likely another banana peal, and fell forward into Mai. She took several steps back keeping Joey and herself from falling, and just when it looked like they were about to regain their balance, she stepped on a baseball that had rolled out of the mess on the floor and fell back taking Joey with her.

For a moment they just laid there until Mai started laughing, until the laughter caught up with Joey as well. "You're hopeless," she shook her head, though her smile never left. "I was going to invite you to a movie, but it looks like you're busy."

"Yeah, well..." Joey had no idea what excuse he could give her for the state of his closet.

"How about tomorrow? If you're done cleaning," Mai offered.

Joey knew there would be no arguing with her and agreed. Needless to say, his closet was perfectly clean and organized the next day, and it remained that way, just in case. However, there was a lot that could be said about the mess under his bed.

End of Deck III

Disclaimer, I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! or Oreo. About Card 18, "feliz" means "happy", "nuevo" means "new" and "año" means "year". So "happy new year" is "feliz año nuevo" in Spanish (the order of the words is different). However, if the n doesn't have the tilde on top, then it's something totally different because "ano" means "ass". Just in case you're wondering, you can get the ñ by pressing alt 164. Card 21 is SetoxComputer, crackfic surprise! Special thanks to strawberries her type jokes helped inspire Card 23.