Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody Hates Leon ❯ And now, the big moment... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4

A/N: This is the chapter all you Leon fans have been waiting for! It may be considerably longer than my previous chapters, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Disclaimer: Crap, I forgot my disclaimer last time. Well rest assured, I still don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!



About two weeks before the baby's due date, Frau von Schroeder summoned me for a meeting with her and her doctor. As I walked in the room, I heard the doctor saying in German, "You do realize we don't usually do it that way, right?" Frau von Schroeder started to reply, but trailed off when she saw that I had arrived.

I was a bit wary as I sat down. I knew from experience that Frau von Schroeder's wrath level was directly proportional to how big around she was (A/N: Sorry about the math term-I'm taking physics AND precalc). Her stomach was currently so swollen that even her loosest nightdress had had to be altered.

"So you're here, " Frau von Schroeder said to me, switching to speaking in English. I asked her what the meeting was about. She answered, "Tomorrow I'm going to the hospital to get this thing out of me. You are going with me." I knew Frau von Schroeder well enough to know that this was a command and not a request.

Frau von Schroeder continued, "My doctor here will be using a general anesthetic, so you will be in charge of...it." At this, the doctor started to protest again.

I can't say I disagreed with him. I knew from my college anatomy class that general anesthesia was not used in delivering babies unless the baby or the mother was in mortal danger. But then I reprimanded myself for being surprised. This was Frau von Schroeder, after all. Knowing her, she would want to wake up and have the baby removed without having to see it being born. After some talk about the time of the appointment and such, I was dismissed from the room.

----------------------------------------------------------
It was hard for me to sleep that night. I kept thinking that in a matter of hours, I would more or less be a mother. I had been moved to the suite of rooms where I would be staying with the baby. It wasn't fancy, but I knew it was better than most actual single mothers could afford.

The next morning, I learned that all the servants (except me, Gesina and a couple of bodyguards) had been given the day off. Gesina had finally been informed of the "situation". She did not act surprised in the least.

As we were getting into the least showy car the von Schroeders owned, it occured to me that Frau von Schroeder had not told me what to name the baby. When I asked her about this, she carelessly said, "Just name it after one of my parents. Leonhard if it's a boy, Clara if it's a girl." When I inquired about middle names, she snapped, "It doesn't matter. Think one up yourself if you must!"

It was a relatively short drive to the hospital. Herr von Schroeder was not there when we arrived, and I knew that he would not show up at all. After signing in and getting a brief checkup, Frau von Schroeder went into the operating room. Of course, all of the doctors had had to say they wouldn't say anything to the tabloids.

The last thing Frau von Schroeder said before the anesthesia was administered was, "Just get this over with as quickly as possible."

I won't go into detail about the operation. All you need to know is that about ten minutes later, the MOST ADORABLE BABY EVER was born!

Sure, he was a bit on the small side (he was born two weeks early, after all), plus he was covered in all that icky gunk that babies are covered in when they're first born, but he still held the title of MOST ADORABLE BABY EVER.

"Frau von Schroeder is really missing out on this," I thought smugly as I held the MOST ADORABLE BABY EVER and gave him his first bottle. "Oh well, her loss!"

When Frau von Schroeder woke up a couple of hours later, she had no interest in holding her baby or even seeing him, so he was all mine. I can't say I was disappointed. After all he was...well, I think you get the point!