Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody Hates Leon ❯ The Plane Ride ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh...(falls asleep because disclaimer is so boring)

After arriving at the airport, the first thing I did was call my parents. When they answered, I told them the situation. Thankfully, they were more than happy for me to come visit. I think that they were suffering from empty-nest syndrome more than anything else. I was their only kid, so when I left, there was no one living with them.

The kids didn't give me any troubles on the plane. They mostly slept. Soon I had fallen asleep as well.

We were flying over some random part of the Atlantic Ocean when Zigfried shook me awake. "Huh? What is it?" I said drowsily.

"Why did Father want to hurt Leon?" Zigfried asked. I sighed. I couldn't delay the explanation forever. I tried to find a good way to put it. "Well, first off I should say that Leon is your brother, Zigfried." I started. "I figured that part out," Zigfried answered, "But that doesn't explain much."

I internally rolled my eyes. Zigfried sure had a knack for making things like this more difficult than they had to be!

------------------------------------------------------------ -------

In the end, I think I did a fair job of explaining it. I had to make the story so it was suitable for an eight-year-old's ears, and Zigfried kept interrupting, but he got the general point after a while. We both went back to sleep for the rest of the flight.

Because of the large time difference between Europe and America, it was still early morning when we landed in Detroit, Michigan (A/N: I just chose a large midwestern city). Zigfried complained about the fact that he had to be woken up while Leon could still sleep. I replied that Leon was barely more than a baby and needed the sleep more. As it was, I wished I at least had brought Leon's stroller with me. My right arm, which was holding Leon, was just about as asleep as he was!

It wasn't long before I spotted my parents waiting for us. I ran over as quickly as I could while holding a two-year-old in one arm and our carry-on (and only) luggage in the other.

We greeted each other for what seemed like hours. After all, I hadn't seen them for nearly three years! Zigfried did not like the fact that I had gone so long without paying attention to HIM, so he snuck off to a nearby candy store. Leon was miraculously still asleep. Fortunately for my poor arm, my mother held him for a while.

After getting organized, and wrenching Zigfried away from a display of lollipops, we exited the airport. My parents had a taxi waiting. Leon had very crankily woken up at last.

It was crowded in the car, but we could all fit if Leon sat on my lap. As we drove off, Leon was looking at his new surroundings. Zigfried, in his typical fashion, was whining about how boring America was so far.

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

A/N: This "visiting America" mini-arc will continue for a couple more chapters. I hope that that's okay with everybody. As for the total length of the story.......I haven't got a clue! (All the readers anime-fall) All I know is it'll be long, probably more than thirty chapters. So there's plenty left! On a side note, this chapter really made me nostalgic for the days of not-so-much airport security!