Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody Hates Leon ❯ The Visit ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. If I said I did, I'd get banned, and we wouldn't want that to happen!

------------------------------------------------------

We ended up spending about a month with my parents. I kept on saying to them that we were taking up WAY too much of their time. But Mom and Dad kept insisting that we should stay as long as we needed. They wouldn't even let us stay in a hotel!

Leon was a big hit with both my parents. My dad especially liked playing the role of father figure. And Leon was definitely in need of a father figure. Soon the two were practically inseparable. Their favorite activities included going to the park, watching random shows on TV, and, of course, reading!

I wish I could say the same thing about Zigfried. My parents tried to bond with him as well. They learned the hard way that Zigfried was not a bonding kind of kid.

On the bright side, Zigfried's English dramatically improved during our visit. He was stuck in a place where German was not the main language. He grumbled constantly about that fact, but his English vocabulary nearly doubled in a matter of weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------

We had been in America for about four weeks when it snowed. Leon had never seen snow. How could he when he was holed up in that apartment all the time? Zigfried had seen lots of snow, but his parents never let him play in it. They thought it was "unbecoming".

I, on the other hand, had no such reservations. As soon as it got light enough to see (the snow had fallen overnight), I was running out the door, putting my coat on as I went.

Neither boy knew exactly what to do. Leon was content just to sit in one spot and examine this new substance. As far as Zigfried was concerned, snow's only purpose was to be shoveled by the servants.

Finally, I got an idea. I could take the kids sledding! I knew that Zigfried had seen people sledding back in Germany. He had shown every intention of wanting to try it. And I soon found that he was no less eager here. As soon as I suggested it, he was running off looking for a hill!

My idea turned out to be a good one. It was tiring repeatedly dragging Zigfried, who refused to walk, uphill in the sled, but it was all worth it in the end. It was the first time I saw Zigfried smile! I cursed myself for not bringing a camera.

----------------------------------------------------

Shortly after we got back home, I got a call from Frau von Schroeder. She said that we could go back to Germany now. "Everything's fine now," she said shortly. "I don't want my son to stay in America for too long-he might get contaminated!" Of course, there was no mention of Leon. Apparently, he could get "contaminated" as much as he wanted.

So our trip came to an end. My parents implored us to come back soon. I'll never be able to understand them! We visit for a whole month and they want us to come back soon!