Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody Hates Leon ❯ Catfight! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 14

A/N: Some events in this chapter come right from the TV show. I'm sorry if I don't get what everybody said exactly right!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, as usual!

For a long time I was hoping that things would improve for Leon. In a way, I guess they did. He made several friends at school, which both of us were happy about. The only problem was that Frau von Schroeder would not let Leon's friends visit the mansion. So Leon went to their houses and learned the hard way that Germans were not known to be obsessive health-nuts. He often came home with stomachaches. And I, an obsessive health-nut, was not too thrilled about that!

However, most things didn't improve. Leon was never intellectually stimulated at school. Even the rigorous German education style wasn't enough for Leon! Once again, I asked that he be put in a secondary school. And once again, my request was denied. Things didn't get much better as Leon moved up a couple grades. The other kids could now read, but Leon was still way ahead of all of them.

It got even worse when Leon had to get reading glasses when he was six. His classmates, who used to just keep their distance from Leon, started teasing him. He would go get his glasses for reading activities, and half the class would go to THEIR backpacks just to mock him!

Eventually, the kids tired of this little "game". But now Leon refused to wear his glasses for any reason. Even though this made him get a big headache every time he read something, he would not touch those glasses!
--------------------------------------------------

October 1996

Everybody was getting ready for some party that involved ridiculously old-fashioned costumes. Even I had to wear one. I wasn't able to look after Leon like I usually could. The reason: My costume involved an actual corset, which made me feel faint and lightheaded. I was just lying on my bed, using all of my strength just to get enough oxygen!

When I finally managed to loosen the corset strings a bit, I noticed that Leon was not in the apartment. Apparently, he had decided to do some "exploring". I quickly set off to look for him. For obvoius reasons, it wasn't safe for Leon to be wandering around the house on his own!

It was a difficult task looking for Leon. I had never realized that the mansion had so many FRIGGIN ROOMS! What was more, I kept tripping over my skirt.

I did find Leon, but not the way I was expecting to find him. Gesina, who was apparently more used to old-fashioned costumes than me, had gotten to him first. Apparently, Leon had gotten into a bit of trouble with Frau von Schroeder. I tried to ask Leon about what happened, but he ignored me and stared at a piece of lint on the carpet.

I set off to find Frau von Schroeder, leaving Leon with Gesina. I managed to trip over my skirt five more times during that search.

--------------------------------------------------------

She was in the drawing room, overseeing Zigfried's schoolwork. I asked if I could had a word with her while already half-dragging her to the door.

As soon as we were out of the earshot of everyone, I turned around and shouted, "ALL RIGHT! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HIM?"

I was quite happy that I had been able to scream even with my corset on!

For several seconds, Frau von Schroeder looked intimidated by me. This was an almost comical image, because I'm barely five feet tall. She had at least six inches and thirty pounds on me!

This moment did not last long, as Frau von Schroeder quickly regained her composure. "I don't know what you're talking about," she said coolly.

Naturally, this made me madder than I've ever been in my whole life! "Of course you know what I'm talking about! When can you get it into your empty little head that NONE OF THIS IS HIS FAULT! HE COULDN'T HELP THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF HIS BIRTH, BUT YOU CAN HELP HOW YOU TREAT HIM, YOU BITCH!!"

As soon as that came out of my mouth, I was sure I was going to be fired. Frau von Schroeder indeed seemed to be thinking this over. In the end, however, she apparently decided that it would be more trouble finding a new nurse than keeping me. She turned her back on me and stated, "I don't have time for this sort of thing..." As she walked out of the room, I had to resist the urge to pull that long red ponytail right out of her scalp!

I went back upstairs to collect Leon and told him he was not allowed to go wandering off on his own ever again. He seemed almost glad that I said that.

A/N: Sorry if this chapter sucks, but my mom is vacuuming the room that I'm typing in. Every time that I started to get into a groove, she'd vacuum right next to me and I'd get distracted and lose my place!