Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Everybody Hates Leon ❯ Mr. Pervert ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don’t own Yu-Gi-Oh-Kazuki Takahashi has that honor.



“Leon...it’s time to wake up...”

Leon didn’t budge. He was fast asleep. Didn’t I tell him that he needed his sleep? Typical almost-teenager...thinking he could stay up half the night without any side-effects.

When I got him up, I was definitely going to say, “I told you so”!

I tried once more to wake him up. It didn’t work, so I tried again. And AGAIN.

Okay. At the party, the Kaiba guy had clearly stated that the participants of the tournament would have to report for the first round at 9 AM sharp, or else risk being disqualified. Right now, it was 8 AM. I would have to resort to extreme measures in order to get Leon up on time.

With that thought, I yanked the blankets off Leon and started dragging him out of bed by his feet.

THAT did the trick. Leon slouched out of bed, asking why I had let him sleep in so late. All I did was sweatdrop.



Somehow, we got ready on time. It was a lovely day out as we reported to the Kaiba Dome (and the apparent tradition of Kaiba naming stuff after himself continued).

Leon and I parted ways. I went amongst the spectators, and Leon stood in a line of the other contestants. I noted that he was standing next to that young blonde girl from last night.

Zigfried was farther down the line, and made no discernible sign of even knowing Leon’s existence. I thought that to be odd, since they had been so close over the past few years. But then again, EVERYTHING about this tournament seemed strange to me in some way.

People were starting to fill up the spectator seats. A middle-aged man sat next to me and immediately struck up a conversation.
“Hello! What’s a beautiful woman like you doing all alone?” he said in an upper-crust British accent.

Oh boy. I was now sitting next to...what was the word I had heard Leon use once?...oh yes, that’s right, a PLAYER.

He was handsome enough, I had to give him that. He was maybe five years older than me, but had brown hair with hardly a hint of gray. His eyes were hazel, and looking somewhere that looked suspiciously lower than my face.
Well, if he was looking where I thought he was, he would be sorely disappointed. I had always been skinny, and my figure could more or less be described as “ironing board-esque”.

To distract this seeming pervert, I said, “Well, I guess I could ask the same thing of you...why are YOU all alone?”

The guy replied that he had recently been divorced. Gee, I wonder why?

I started to say something back, but was drowned out by the sudden sound of fireworks. The tournament was about to officially begin.



The rest of the morning passed by fairly quickly.

Just when I thought that Kaiba couldn’t get any more egocentric, he surprised me. He flew into the middle of the stadium on a JET PACK. I hadn’t even known that jet packs actually existed outside of James Bond movies.

Leon’s first match was against that slightly creepy guy in the doctor uniform. The “duel” (I was actually starting to learn the terminology of this game!) would take place near the park’s main roller coaster, which was some distance away from the stadium. I was quite relived to find an excuse to get away from Mr. Pervert.

Fortunately, Leon won pretty handily. After the duel, he wandered off somewhere, and I was alone once again.

I started wandering as well. I was just having fun looking at all the different attractions. Each one seemed to incorporate the monsters from the game in some way or another.

By sheer chance, I eventually stumbled upon Zigfried’s first duel in the tournament. There seemed to be some confusion about who his opponent was. The guy whose picture was displayed on the scoreboard was some Arabic guy, but the actual people who showed up were two nerdy-looking boys a bit older than Leon.

Despite this discrepancy, Zigfried insisted on dueling these new opponents. And the killer was, he showed no qualms about facing them both at the same time! Same old Zigfried.

In the end, it didn’t even matter. Zigfried knocked both the people out in one turn. Apparently, this was a rare occurrence in the game, since everyone watching was stunned to silence.

After this duel, it was time for a lunch break. Round Two would start at 1 PM, according to the schedule. It wouldn’t take as long as Round One, since there would be only half as many duels.

As I looked for a place to eat, questions were racing through my mind: What were Zigfried and Leon up to? Just where had I seen Kaiba before? Did Leon have a crush on the blonde girl? And, most importantly...would I ever be able to find something to eat that didn’t have a whole days’ worth of fats and sugar? Just because I was on vacation didn’t mean I wanted to give up my low-fat food regimen.

A/N: I really have no clue when I’ll be able to update next. College, being what it is, tends to have a ton of homework.

And yes, Mr. Pervert will be making another appearance. But what is his significance? Well, you’ll just have to wait and see! (But people who have read the story VERY CAREFULLY might be able to guess)