Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ A Divine Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yugioh but the story, the Realm of Staridium (pronounced "Star-rid-dee-um"), my webname's (Aurora DeNeil) past, or any of the original characters you see in this fic are mine. This isn't my real past life but everything, webname included, that's mentioned in this story, with the exception that Duel Monsters live there (In the real version, it's mythological creatures like unicorns, dragons, etc.), all belong to an original story I've been working on in my head for years. I hope to someday bring the real story out of my head. Staridium also co-excised with Yami's Egypt 5000 years before. Enjoy!

Fallen Angels

Chapter One: A divine past.

One morning in Domino, the gang was looking at an old palace that looked like it was built during the Medieval/Pre-Renaissance time period. Shadi was the only one who knew what it was.

"My Pharaoh," said Shadi as he and Yami walked into one of the corridors, "This place is familiar to you, isn't it?"

"Yes it is," smiled Yami, "This palace originally belonged to my dear friend, Aurora DeNeil, she was the Empress who ruled Staridium. That was another realm that co-excised with our own but it had something our world doesn't."

"Yes," agreed Shadi, "Real Duel Monsters. Ones that would live and breathe."

They walked over to the rest of their friends, who were eyeing the palace in awe. Yami told the story to them and they were amazed.

"What was Aurora like?" asked Serenity.

"Aurora, along with her best friend and Grand Vizier, Videara (AN: Pronounced Vid- dear-Ra) Diablo, were good and caring young women. They each had a son who, like their mothers, gained powers of unbelievable force. Back then, magic levels were given different names because it would either high skill or, in most cases, high rank. Aurora, Videara, and their sons were all the highest rank, Mystic Angels."

"What were their sons' names?" asked Mokuba.

Yami thought for a minute and then smiled, "Aurora's son was named Seraphim and Videara's son was named Raphael. Videara's husband Max had a brother named Jacob who also had a son that was the same age and named him Verchiel. His mother, Psyche, was a sorceress from the high mountains. Verchiel, and his parents, were also Mystic Angels."

"They were all named after angels?" asked Tea.

"Yes," explained Yami, "They were because they were all born under the Staridian constellation known as Zephyr's bow, a holy constellation that appeared only on the Night of Light, which is November 5th (AN: my mom's birthday) in the modern calendar. That day was considered holy because that was the night that Aurora and Videara had Videara's evil father, Owato, destroyed for his wicked crimes. The three boys were born two years later."

Meanwhile, Yugi, Joey, and Seto were in the Great Hall and they were looking at all of the different paintings and tapestries.

"Why is this so familiar to me?" they thought all at once, "Why does this feel like home?"

The boys kept looking at the paintings and they kept seeing a young woman with curly brown hair, and dark brown eyes. She also had two companions, one young woman with long black hair and sky blue eyes, the other young woman with blonde hair and honey brown eyes, they were all smiling. They also saw three young men in the painting, one golden-haired, amethyst-eyed young man stood behind the brunette with curls, the shorter redheaded boy with ocean blue eyes stood behind the raven-haired girl and the taller redhead had forest green eyes and was standing behind the blonde girl. The boys saw that there was more to this painting but, it was covered with a huge layer of dust.

"Yugi! Joey! Seto!" hollered Mokuba from down the stairs, "It's time to go!"

"OK Mokuba!" replied Seto, "We'll be down in a minute."

"This place feels so familiar," Yugi, Joey, and Seto said out loud. They all realized that they were thinking the same thing.

"Great," said Seto, "We've been in this place so long that we're hallucinating."

"Yeah," agreed Joey, "Let's get out of here."

"Good idea," said Yugi.

The three boys were about to leave when they tripped on some old chains, causing them to fall backwards and into the painting! They hit the backs of their heads against the painting, making the thick layer of dust come off and them to black out! Mokuba saw all of this and ran back to get help.

"I think they're coming to," said Mai's voice in the black void.

Yugi, Joey and Seto slowly opened their eyes and saw their friends. They sneezed because they found that they were covered in dust.

"What happened?" asked Yugi, groggily because Seto and Joey were still really out of it.

"You three tripped on some old chains and banged your skulls off the painting," explained Duke.

"And look at what they uncovered," said Solomon as he Serenity and Mokuba were looking at the painting that the other three fell on.

Everyone else, after Yugi, Joey and Seto got to their feet, turned around and looked at the clean painting. They were stunned!

"This is the portrait of Aurora, Videara, Max, Aurora's husband Lance, Jacob and his wife Psyche," said Yami in shock. Aurora was the girl with the brunette curls, Videara had the raven hair, Psyche was the blonde girl, Max was the shorter redhead, Jacob was the taller one, and Lance was the blonde boy.

"Who are these little guys?" asked Tristan as he pointed to the area where the dust was cleared off.

The painting now revealed three small boys. The boy with Aurora had spiky tri-colored hair with innocent amethyst eyes, the boy with Videara had mahogany brown hair and ocean blue eyes, and the boy standing with Psyche had his mother's blonde hair and amber eyes.

"They are Prince Seraphim DeNeil, Count Raphael Diablo, and Count Verchiel Afrati," said Shadi.

"IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE?!" screamed Yugi, Seto, and Joey.

"I don't get it," said Yami, "They look exactly like Yugi, Joey, and Kaiba but this isn't possible unless…"

The ex-Pharaoh looked at the three frightened boys.

"They are, My Pharaoh," said Shadi, who sensed Yami's thoughts, "Yugi, Joey, and Kaiba are the reincarnated forms of Prince Seraphim and the young Counts, Raphael and Verchiel."

TBC! WOW! Secret pasts in another realm! What do you think so far? Please R&R! I would love the input and by the way, Seraphim, Raphael, and Verchiel are real angels! Seraphim is the angel that brings love, light, and passion. Raphael is the angel of guidance(or, on the case of TMNT, a rebel), and Verchiel is the angel who lets people enjoy life and brings us luck in most things. Pretty suitable for Yugi, Seto, and Joey!