Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ So much to learn ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yugioh & I never will but the rest of the story is mine.

Here's a reminder of their names from the first chapter (Staridian/Now) if you're confused:

Seraphim/Yugi

Raphael/Seto

Verchiel/Joey

Fallen Angels

Chapter Two: So much to learn

A week later, after the boom was dropped, Yugi, Seto, and Joey were really confused. They all knew they had pasts back in Ancient Egypt with Yami at the same time that Aurora's kingdom subsisted. It made absolutely no sense. They were in the Game Shop's living room.

"First I'm told that I was a mage back in Egypt," muttered Seto, "Now I'm being told I was a Count too? This is completely ridiculous!"

"Tell me about it, Kaiba," grumbled Joey, "How do we even know that this place is even real?"

"This is really not making any sense at all," said Yugi as he shook his head, wearily.

Yami entered the room and saw the confused and frustrated trio. He sighed, knowing that explaining this whole thing was not going to be an easy business. However, the former Pharaoh knew that he had to explain as much as he could because they also needed to understand another part of their destines and the sooner he started telling them, the better.

"You three look very perplexed," said Yami, kindly.

"Wouldn't you be confused if you found out that you had several past lives?" asked Joey.

"I can tell you all what Staridium was like," said Yami.

The boys allowed Yami to tell the story. Staridium was a civilization that was filled with magic. Duel Monsters, which the three boys were surprised to learn, were real living things. The Empress, Aurora, held Grand Balls for all of her subjects every time a friend would visit. Pharaoh Yami was one of her dearest friends. On the night of one of her biggest galas ever, Aurora allowed Yami to give her son, Prince Seraphim, and his friends, Counts Raphael and Verchiel, very special gifts.

~~ Flashback in Staridium ~~

"Seraphim, Raphael, Verchiel," called Aurora from her gilded throne, "Would you three come here, please." She smiled at her dear friend, Yami because he had a surprise for the adolescent Prince and Counts.

The boys came bounding up the stairs to the thrones, recovered themselves, and bowed. No one minded their behavior, Yami even found it amusing. The young Pharaoh was also good friends with the Prince and Counts because they were all same age, seventeen. Aurora and the other five were in their late twenties and they didn't mind their sons befriending the Pharaoh in the least.

"Why did you summon us, Mother?" asked Seraphim while Raphael and Verchiel tried to look serious and keep their eyes to the floor.

"Pharaoh Yami wishes to present you three with gifts," she smiled, brightly.

The three young men became very excited as Yami brought out a package of silk and fine satin. He opened the parcel to reveal three beautiful amulets. One had a gold outline shaped like the Eye of Ra with an amethyst in the middle, and two anhks with silver backgrounds, one was made out of diamonds, the other was made out of onyx. They glittered and shone so perfectly.

"They're so beautiful," breathed Raphael as they stared.

"I had these jewels made especially for the three of you," said Yami as he smiled warmly to them.

"Are they magic?" asked Verchiel, for magic was not uncommon in that realm.

"Yes, they are," said Yami as he held them up. He took out the anhk made out of diamonds and placed it around Verchiel's neck. "This is the Ankh of Horus (I think that's how it's spelled) and it carries all types of light magic from Staridum and Egypt."

Verchiel descended humbly and Yami then placed the onyx anhk around Raphael's neck. "This is the Ankh of Anubis and it carries all types of darkness magic from both your world and mine." He turned to the two cousins, "I thought that these would suit you two because just like light and dark, you two are almost never apart."

This was quite true. Verchiel and Raphael were cousins and they hated being separated from each other for any reason. They also despised being torn away from the prince, Seraphim.

Yami pulled of the eye-shaped jewel and placed it around the young prince's neck. "This is the Eye of Ra, Seraphim," said Yami with a proud smile, "It carries all types of magic from Egypt and Staridium. Out of the three mystic jewels, this one is the most powerful of them all. I know you three would never use these for evil or selfish reasons." He beamed as he settled back in his chair.

The three boys stared at their overwhelmingly luminous gifts for about a minute, very honored that Yami had given them such powerful amulets to use when needed. Eyes of Amethyst, Azure, and Amber sparkled with tears of joy before, and also forgetting Royal Etiquette, they gave the Pharaoh a giant group hug. Yami loved this and the boys' parents would not have had a problem with this but it was the middle of a Grand Ball and this behavior was considered inappropriate.

Videara cleared her throat loudly and the boys backed away, bright red with embarrassment. "You three should visit with the other guests," she kindly smiled.

The three understood, bowed, and left. They stole one happier glance at Yami before mingling with the other guests.

~~ End Flashback ~~

"Wow," said Joey as he fell into a nearby chair.

"There is something else Shadi told me about," said Yami in an uncertain voice.

"What is it?" asked Seto as he sank into the chair next to Joey.

"There are people from Staridium here," said Yami, "This group of people have been looking for you three for 5000 years."

"5000 years?!" yelled Joey, "Why?!"

"They wish to restore you three to your kingdom," explained Yami.

"That's all well and nice," said Seto as he gazed out the window, "But how could we have lived in both Egypt and Staridium at the same time, with two separate identities?"

"I can explain that too," started Yami.

~~ Flashback in Staridium( Same Night) ~~

A cloaked figure with a trident approached the throne and caused the dancers to cease what they were doing. He was an evil creature and the young Prince and two young Counts bravely ran to the aid of their mothers but Aurora walked over to the figure. The figure is revealed as Marik but, in this realm, he was known as…

"Imotei!" (Pronounced Im-O-tay) shrieked Aurora, "You and the other followers of Owato were banished to the Shadow Realm!"(AN: In the real one, the followers are banished to the Land of Eternal Darkness, which the entrance is a black hole but the rest of the realm is a mystery.)

"Your Majesty," smirked Imotei, "I only came to bestow a gift to the young Prince and the young Counts." He lifted his trident into the air and proclaimed while pointing to the three boys, "The angels might as well be beloved tonight for when the moon sets, they will fall dead to the ground! Punishment for the betrayal of Owato!" He cackled in a depraved voice as he disappeared in a billow of black smoke.

The ball was canceled and with a heavy heart, to prevent Imotei's curse from coming true, Aurora placed the three angels in an enchanted slumber on the largest and finest beds in the palace. She used her own magic jewel, the Rainbow Eternity (AN: The Rainbow Eternity is a rainbow in the shape of a sideways number eight.), to send the three to Egypt and have them travel throughout the ages by being reborn until their return to the kingdom. Yami swore that he would care for them and took them with him. They were stolen and separated by Imotei and the wicked tomb robber, Bakura. They erased all of the boys' memories and turned Raphael against the Pharaoh by poisoning his dreams. Seraphim and Verchiel became slaves named Yuugi and Jou, while Raphael became the High Priest Seto.

~~ End Flashback ~~

"Wow," said Seto, "That explains a lot."

"Where are the crystals you gave us?" asked Yugi.

"The people of Staridium have them," said Yami, "I left them with your mothers in case you three ever came back."

A week later, Shadi had contacted the Staridian Emissary, Michelle Tretheway. Michelle had auburn red hair, deep green eyes, and a lean, curvaceous, frame. She had been appointed by the Staridian Government to find the reincarnated Prince and Counts, bring them back to Staridium, teach them the Royal ways and have them ready for the coronation that would take place when the training was done. When she got to the Turtle Game Shop to meet the reincarnated young men that she would painstakingly tutor to become a fine Emperor, Grand Vizier, and High Count. She walked into the shop and saw an old man.

"Hello Miss, what can I do for you?" asked Solomon.

Michelle identified who she was and Solomon led her upstairs after he closed the shop. She walked into the living room and instantly recognized Yami. She curtseyed to the Pharaoh and then her heart stopped when she raised her head. Standing behind Yami were Prince Seraphim, as well as Counts Raphael and Verchiel! They looked exactly like they did 5000 years ago! She was stunned, however, when she noticed that they were wearing commoners' clothing but, then she remembered hearing from the Council that they liked being among the peasants most of the time to have fun and escape the pressures of Palace Life.

"It is very nice to meet you," said Yugi.

"Thank You, My Prince," replied Michelle as she woke from her daze.

"You really don't need to give us titles here," said Seto with a small smile.

"Yeah, I mean, we're all people, right?" remarked Joey.

Michelle was a bit dismayed by Joey's NY accent and lack of grammar but, she could easily fix that.

"If you all wish," she said, "I would like to take the young Prince and Counts for at least a week to teach them the ways of Staridium, Royal Etiquette and Culture, and what each of them what they need to know."

The boys were allowed to go but, as they were reaching the Staridian Embassy, Yugi, Seto, and Joey felt very uncertain about their new lives for a week.

TBC! How will Yugi, Seto, and Joey handle Royal Training? Will they have problems? R&R!