Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ New Powers and Discoveries ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yu-gi-oh and I never will.

Fallen Angels

Chapter Five: New Powers and Discoveries

The third day of Royal Training arrived and the young Prince, Priest, and Counts are doing very well. However, strange, unexplainable, things had been happening in Domino since yesterday night. People have been seen to Domino General is mass amounts for extreme exhaustion without any real reason. The boys sat in the Breakfast Nook in their tuxes and sashes and they discussed it while they were looking at the paper.

"This is really bizarre," said Duke, "It's too cold for Heat Stroke and the victims have nothing in common, health wise."

"According to this article," read Yugi, " `The victims of what doctors are calling "Shadow Fever" only seem to have two symptoms. Lack of energy to the point of collapsing, and two very faint punctures in their right shoulders that do not seem to be used to draw blood but, to draw something else. Police are baffled as to the cause of this phenomenon and they advise that all big events, such as the Duel Party Tournament, be canceled until further notice.'"

"Wow," said Joey as he started shaking, "that's really scary."

"It's kind of lucky that Michelle canceled everything for us, now," Seto whispered. The other three agreed.

As they were talking about it even more, Michelle, Yami, and Samantha, walked into the nook and sat down with the boys. Both women were quite shaken while Yami appeared to be nervous as well.

"So, you three heard the news," asked Yami, for the women were too terrified to speak a word. The boys nodded.

"You four," said Michelle, her voice still a bit shaken, "must learn Candle and Defensive magic right away! Your other classes will be put on hold until this mess is resolved. You four will have to stay, at least, four days longer because of this long but, necessary delay."

Yugi, Seto, Joey, and Duke were taken to the same room that Duke learned how to make a healing potion. This time, however, the room had boxes of different colored candles, huge bell jars filled with a diverse amount of oils, and bottles of Sea Salt were in a row on the table. Four robes were hanging on hooks in the room. One was violet with Planetary and Zodiac symbols embroidered all over it in an assortment of different colors. Another was jet black with the Moon and stars in glittering silver, while a separate robe was a cobalt blue with clouds and the Sun. The last robe was jade with rainbows and clouds on it.

"These are your Ritual robes and some of your tools to perform the spells needed for banishing spells and some Divination," explained Michelle as she gestured to the objects in the room, "Black and blue candles are used against evil. They are to be dipped into a mixture of Rosemary, Myrrh, and Lavender oils to help intensify the protection that you or the contemplated victim of the attack will need."

The boys learned and studied for two days and by the end of the second day, they able to achieve simple banishing spells that kept away small forms of darkness. Samantha taught them about how to use brooms or, if a broom was unavailable, a dry cloth sweeper to rid a home for negative energies. They placed dream catchers and wind chimes to keep away or trap bad dreams along with the Rosemary that Michelle told them to place under their pillows at night to keep bad dreams. Everything was going great until Friday, when Serenity and Mokuba were allowed to come to the embassy because Seto and Joey were too scared of the `Shadow Fever' problem to not have their younger siblings nearby. Solomon was also asked to come to the embassy but, he was already at and archaeological dig in Egypt with his friend, Professor Hawkins. Both of the elderly gentlemen assured Yugi over the phone that they would be okay. Serenity also brought along, after she asked Michelle first, her new friend, Vera Avalon, to the embassy because Vera was too frightened to return to her apartment from all of the fever cases that were at Domino. Vera was as pale as alabaster, had bottle green eyes, was Serenity's height, slim figured, and had hair of wavy strawberry gold.

"It's such and honor to be among such upstanding people," said Vera with a small blush, "I'm sorry that if it's an inconvenience for me to be here."

"It's not a problem," said Joey, reassuringly.

"Yeah," agreed Duke, "from what Serenity told us, it sounded like you were too scared to go back to your apartment."

"Thank you all very much," she said with a respectful bow of the head.

After dinner, everyone retreated to their rooms and most of them were in bed. Vera, who had brought a gym bag with her, pulled out a ratty and ancient spell book for dark arts. She also brought out a mirror of glass and iron. She brought the mirror to reflect herself but, it did not show a fair-haired, beautiful maiden. It reflected a face of Moonlight gray, blood red eyes, and hair of ink. Her voice also changed from the sound of bells, to the sound of a hag's cackle.

"Those fool don't realize that I'M their foe and they escorted me in!" she cackled, "They see `Vera' a pretty, little girl. But my true identity will not be known until they're all dead! I am the Draining force in this city, and I am known as Learama, the spirit Vampiress! My next victims will be a Pharaoh, girl, and a tiny ebony-haired boy!"

TBC HOLY COW! What a turn! What will happen to Learama/Vera's chosen victims. Can Yugi, Seto, Duke, and Joey discover her identity before she strikes again? R&R!