Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ Past Magic--Rekindled! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yugioh and I never will!

Fallen Angels

Chapter Six: Past Magic-Rekindled!

The next morning, the four boys went straight to work on their classes and by Lunchtime, they had perfected what they needed to know. Learama, meanwhile, was in the guise of the pretty Vera and she was talking to Serenity in the Breakfast nook about all sorts of things.

"I hope this whole thing ends soon," said Serenity as she looked at the paper. The headline had showed that another crowd of victims had `Shadow Fever'.

"Me too," shuddered Learama/Vera, "it's scary!"

On their way to the nook, and still wearing their robes, Joey realized something.

"Hey guys!" he almost shouted, "Didn't Vera say that she came to Domino just yesterday night?"

"Yeah," said Duke, "She did say that."

The boys decided to talk in their room. They locked the door and drew the blinds. Then they sat in a circle in the same way they did when they use a candle to find future wives.

"I think," started Joey, "that Vera's somehow a part of this."

"Joey," said Yugi, "how can you be sure? She looked terrified when Serenity-"

Seto cut Yugi off, "I think Joey has a point, Yugi. The key word in your sentence is `looked'. She could've been faking the whole thing to fool us."

"Let's check her room then," said Yugi. The other three nodded and walked over to Vera's room. They told Yami what they were doing and he went along to help them out. They entered Vera's room and, at first glance, they saw nothing out of the ordinary. Then Duke opened her bag and had to keep a hand over his mouth to stop himself from screaming.

"Duke, what's wrong?" asked Yami.

Duke just kept pointing at the bag and shaking. The others looked in and were horrified! The bag contained vials of strange liquids, a divination mirror, and a book that contained evil arts! The read the book and discovered that Vera's real name is Learama and that she was the one causing people to suffer in Domino. The book also foretold her next victims.

"OH NO!" screamed Yugi, "She's after Mokuba, Serenity, and-" Yugi cut himself off as he looked at Yami with tear-filled eyes. The former Pharaoh quickly understood that he was the third victim to be. Yami cuddled Yugi and reassured him that he'll be fine.

The five ran out of the room and told Michelle and Samantha everything. Mokuba and Serenity were also summoned and were told the shocking truth. Serenity was devastated that her new friend was the cause of the whole thing. She bawled into her brother's shoulder.

"I'm sorry!" Serenity wailed, "I'm so stupid! I shouldn't have-" Joey cut her off.

"You're not stupid!" he yelled as he hugged her tighter, "And I never want to hear you say that again!"

"We'll stop Learama," assured Yugi. The others nodded and everyone started preparing for the vamipress.

"You will need to fight her," said Michelle as she waved to a guard. He and three others nodded and ran upstairs. They came back with eight boxes, four small, four large. She opened the small boxes first, revealing the Eye of Ra, the Ankh of Anubis, the Ankh of Horus, and a small green crystal that looked like the wand of the Dark Magician Girl. She gave the amethyst eye to Yugi, the black Ankh to Seto, the white Ankh to Joey, and the green wand to Duke.

"That green jewel," she said as she pointed to Duke, "Is known as the Wand of Osiris. It controls any and all types of elemental magic. Gabriel would've received it if Imotei hadn't created the curse."

Samantha walked over to the larger boxes and said, "All of you would've also gotten these if he hadn't cursed you." The first box was opened and it contained a jet black trident. She gave it to Duke and said, "This is the Trident of the Night. It's the weapon that works with your Star jewel." Duke held the trident with reverence.

Michelle opened the second box, revealing two silver sais (AN: If you have ever seen `Daredevil' Jennifer Garner's character, Elektra Natchios, uses these to fight Bullseye. They're basically like daggers only, like a trident, they have three blades pointing up. They are mainly used for hand to hand combat but they can be thrown if the user has good accuracy.)

"These belong to you, Raphael," said Michelle as she handed Seto the Sais, "They are called the Silver Sais of Anubis. They go with your Star jewel." Seto held the silvery Sais and felt great power within them.

Samantha then opened the third box, inside was a beautiful sword. Its hilt was incrusted with diamonds and opals. She gave the sword to Joey and said, "This is the Blade of Light. It was made to work with you crystal and I know you'll use it well, Verchiel." Joey looked at the amazing blade in awe.

Michelle opened the final box and lifted a golden Egyptian scythe (AN: You'd might know what this is if you had ever seen `The Mummy Returns'. If not, this weapon is a long staff with a fan-like blade at each end.) from it, gave it to Yugi and softly said, "This, my Prince Seraphim, is the Golden Scythe of Ra. It is the most powerful out of the four weapons and it wields deviating power if used for evil but, I know you'll only use it for justice." Yugi stared at the golden weapon that his little hands held with a sense of both fear and responsibility. The boys nodded and started preparing.

That night, Learama was in her true form and was ready to feed on her chosen victims. Her lips could taste their energy and she was thirsting for it.

"I can't wait to feed," she said hungrily. Then she picked up her mirror and had it show her where they were. The mirror showed that Yami, Mokuba, and Serenity was in the bedroom of the young Prince and his friends. "So that's where you're hiding," she smirked, "I'll be fed sooner than I thought." She left her room and stalked over to the room where she would feed. She opened the door and found her victims.

"Time to feed!" she yelled as she flew towards them. Just as she was about to sink her teeth into one of them, she felt herself being deflected. Learama was thrown back and didn't understand what happened until she saw that her dinner was surrounded by a ring of Sea Salt. She could also see blue and black candles and smell the lavender and rosemary oils that they were dipped in as they were burning.

"NO! HOW CAN THIS BE?!" she wailed.

"That's what you get for lying," smirked Mokuba.

Then, Yugi, Seto, Joey and Duke came out of their hiding places dressed in their robes, wearing their crystals, and holding their weapons. The boys stood in a circle around the depraved girl, pointing their weapons at her and she knew what would happen next!

"NO! YOU CAN'T!" she shrieked as she cringed to the floor.

Duke started the chant, "For those you drained of life, the price you'll pay,"

Seto continued, "Your evil ways will end this day,"

Then Joey, "Life is precious but, you are not,"

Yugi ended the spell, "So, sent to the Shadow Realm, you will rot!"

All four them said together, "Your fate is formed by the Star Brothers four!"

A blue-violet haze surrounded Learama as she felt herself being sucked into the Shadow Realm. Her wretched screams filled the room as the creatures that lived there were dragging her in. With one last pull the creatures dragged her in and the portal was sealed. The four boys, however felt very weak and collapsed from the strain. The other three ran out and went to find Michelle. She saw them and had the four young boys placed onto their beds.

The next day, the young magicians woke up and saw the three the saved. They still felt a bit unwell but, they could at least sit up and talk.

"You guys okay?" asked Yugi.

"We're just fine, Aibou," replied Yami, warmly as he hugged his small friend.

"Thanks for saving us," said Serenity as she hugged her brother, Joey, and her friend, Duke.

"You're welcome," said Joey and Duke.

"I'm glad you guys are okay," chirped Mokuba as he cuddled his big brother, Seto.

"We'll be fine, little oniichan," assured Seto as he ruffled Mokuba's ebony hair.

Michelle came into the room and loved the happy scene. She, unfortunately, had to send Mokuba and Serenity home because of the original agreement. The other two sadly left their older brothers and friends and went home. The boys were sad to see them go but, they had to prepare for other things.

That day, however, Michelle gave the boys a bit of a spa day to heal and recover from their spell casting from the night before. They got massages, they watched TV, they were pampered and they got to play Duel and Dungeon Dice Monsters all day and it was fun. After dinner, they went to the embassy's huge water jet- bathtub, where they were wearing towels. They slipped the towels off and got into the bubbling water. Michelle had added to the bath water, oils of Rosemary, Lavender, Chamomile, and Passion flower. They also noticed that she had surrounded them with white, blue, green, and gold candles that were giving off the same scents.

"Ah!" said Joey, "This feels great!"

"You said, Joey," agreed Duke.

"That was really amazing how we got rid of her," said Seto.

"Yeah," said Yugi with a grin, "it felt right. It felt positive and to think we had power like that the whole time!" The other three agreed with him.

"Wish we had known about these powers when we had to deal with Marik and Noa," said Joey. He, Yugi, or Seto would've also mentioned Pegasus but, because Duke admired him, they didn't.

After the bath, they got out and put their pajamas on. They left for their room and said good night to everyone they saw. They climbed into their beds, covered up and went to sleep. They couldn't wait to do more classes the next morning.

TBC! Whew! Things, for now, are back to normal. There are more things to learn and know. Their magic type, Mystic Angel, also has other special powers as well. What are they? You'll just have to wait for Chapter Seven to see! R&R!