Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ A Ghostly Legend ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yugioh! Warning: Tiny bit of Serenity/Shizuka (I think I spelled it right) bashing in this chapter.

Fallen Angels

Chapter Seven-A Ghostly Legend

The training has finally ended and the boys were packing up and getting ready to head for Staridium. All four of them were also happy because their families could come and live with them and, for Seto and Duke, they could keep running their businesses, even in Staridium.

"Man!" chirped Joey; "I can't wait to get there!"

"I know what you mean," agreed Duke

"I hope we can handle it," said Yugi as he put a bag next to the door.

"I bet we can," replied Seto, "If we could handle things like Noa and Marik, we can handle this."

Someone knocked on the door and Yugi told him or her to come in. It was Michelle and Samantha coming to say good bye. They had to stay at the Embassy to keep it running and the boys were sad to leave them.

"We'll really miss you," said Yugi.

"Yeah," said Duke, "Thanks for everything." Seto and Joey also gave thanks to them. The two women told them that the way to go to Staridium is through a large crystal mirror in the basement. Michelle also told them about the woman they were meeting up with. The oldest historian and Wise Woman, Wendy Thomas, would meet them on the other side. The boys were taken to the mirror and they walked through it.

When they got to the other side, an old woman with a full figured build, snow white hair, and smoke gray eyes stood in front of them. She was holding a long staff with a glass orb on top but her clothes was quite modern. The elderly lady wore running shoes, dark jeans, and a sweatshirt that announced that if all else fails in life, to blame the flying monkeys. The four boys, who were wearing their robes and normal clothes, looked at her with bewilderment. Was this Wendy?!

"Hello," the old woman smiled.

"Excuse me ma'am," asked Duke, "Do you know where we can find Wendy Thomas?"

"I'm Wendy," she replied.

"Hello Wendy," said Yugi, for he and the others were quite surprised. They expected the resident Wise Woman to be wearing things like long robes, dressed like a religious figure, and are dainty in general. They didn't expect a woman who looked like she could, despite the fact that she was Yugi's height, drop four sixteen-year-old guys if you rubbed her the wrong way.

"I'm very honored to meet you, Your Highness," Wendy said as she bowed to Yugi. They she turned to the other three, "I'm also honored to meet you three as well, Your Excellencies." As she bowed to them. She led them to the castle and they were in awe when they entered. It was even bigger than the Embassy! Its skyscraping towers and gigantic walls were astounding to look at. Wendy explained that they were only looking at the barrier that surrounded the castle. They walked through the high and solid iron-barred gate and saw a glittering palace that appeared to be made of precious stones and alabaster. It, too, had high towers but the roofs of the castle were dome-like and had stained glass windows all around the sides. There were fountains as tall as lampposts allowing water to flow down along the walkway to the front door and splendid flower gardens that were fragrant with an assortment of blossoms. The boys even saw some flowers that they had never seen before. They stopped to look at one of them.

Wendy noticed they had stopped and asked, "What are you doing, Gentlemen?"

"Wendy," asked Yugi, "What's this flower called?" Wendy saw that the young prince was pointing to a rose-colored orchid-like flower with leafs that looked like a spider plant but, they were a pale, almost white, shade of green.

"That, My Prince," answered Wendy, "is a Sunrise Shooting Star. They grow only in Staridium and they were your mother's favorite flower." She also told Yugi that he could have the flower if he wished. The little angel picked the flower and held on to it in his small hands. It was so beautiful and he could see why his mother from his 5000-year-old past would love it.

When the boys entered the palace, which was a monument to unparalleled beauty, they saw their families and friends waiting for them. They ran over and hugged them. Wendy took everyone into the castle's library. The library was two floors and tremendous! It had books of every type and language in it. There were even a few Internet stations in it. Everyone sat on the comfy chairs that were around the fireplace and Wendy grabbed a book from the nearest shelf.

"I'll tell you some of the legends that live in our world," she said as she opened the book. Everyone wanted to hear all about them. One of the most fascinating stories was about a stone on a cliff, which is near Staridium's eastern ridge, the Lightning Sea, which was once a little girl.

"The Legend of the Child Stone; It is said that a century before the reign of Aurora's father, Zachary, a tiny girl was stood at that spot, awaiting her beloved father to return from a journey. No matter how her mother tried, the little girl wouldn't budge. Her father never returned to Staridium again but, she stood and waited until her body had become stone, like the cliff on which she stood." Wendy turned the page and continued, "It is still said that the little girl's ghost still waits for her father to come back and see her." Wendy put the book back.

That night, everyone was talking about the legends, especially about the Child Stone.

"Wow," said Duke, "That is one strange story."

"That poor little girl," said Yugi sadly, "To die and never see her dad again."

"Let's get some sleep," suggested Joey as Seto nodded his agreement. The four boys went to bed and slept peacefully.

Meanwhile, just outside their window, a small, semi-invisible, being was floating near the castle. It was looking through all of the windows and noticed two people in two different windows. In the first window it peeked in, it saw Tristan sleeping in the room next to the master bedroom. Tristan and Mokuba got that room because the master room would've been too crowded. The being drifted through the window and flew over to Tristan. The being's feet touched the ground lightly and it began to glow. Tristan and Mokuba were woken up by the glowing and couldn't see what was happening. The light faded and in its place was a tiny girl with hair that was exactly the same shade of brown Tristan's was. She wore a simple white short sleeved dress and was barefoot.

"Hello," said the little girl.

"Uh, hi," said Tristan in amazement, "Where's your parents?"

The little girl opened her eyes, which were bottle green, and chirped as she saw Tristan, "Papa!" and she jumped into his arms.

"PAPA?!" yelped Tristan, "Hold it! I'm not your dad."

The little girl looked confused and asked, "Papa, it's me, Luna. Don't you know me?"

"I'm sorry sweetie," said Tristan kindly, "I've never seen you before in my life."

Luna started to cry, "OH NO! PAPA! DID YOU LOSE YOUR MEMORY? OH PAPA!" She bawled into her hands.

Tristan felt sorry for her and started to rock her gently, "I'll help you find your dad."

At the time this was going on, Mokuba had awaked the other four and they were getting their stuff. They walked into the room and found Tristan cradling a tiny girl who kept calling him `Papa'. Wendy came in and exclaimed, "That's Luna! She's the ghost of Child Stone!"

Tristan blinked, "You're a ghost?!" He stared down at her as she looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Can we go home now, Papa?" she asked as tears were welling in her eyes.

"Luna," said Yugi gently, "This is my friend, Tristan. He's not your father."

Luna started to get mad and told Yugi and the others to leave her and her `father' alone. They tried, again, to explain to her that Tristan wasn't her father but then Luna exploded.

"FINE!" she screeched tearfully, pointing at the four robed boys, "IF I CAN'T HAVE MY PAPA, THEN ONE OF YOU HAS TO STAY AND PLAY WITH ME FOREVER IF I WIN THIS MAGIC DUEL!"

Yugi, Joey, Duke and Seto accepted her terms, despite Tristan saying that he'll stay with her instead. The four tried every powerful spell they could to defeat her but Luna proved to be a cunning opponent. She used her ghostly powers to create an illusion of fog and struck all four of them down with balls of light.

"I win!" Luna chirped as the `fog' vanished, "I want the boy who kept lying to me about my Papa!" She was pointing to Yugi when Joey said "NO!"

"Huh?" asked Luna as she looked at Joey, confusion enveloped on her face.

"Yugi is the King of Staridium and he's needed here," explained Joey, "I'll go in his place and play with you."

Luna agreed with the idea, despite Yugi and Tristan telling Joey to let Luna take one of them. Luna became the orb of light and she transported herself and Joey out of the room.

The next morning, Joey found himself wearing a blue and white Chinese-like suit and that he was in a very handsome room. He found Luna waiting for him near the gardens. Luna had used her powers to restore her old house like it was new. Luna was sitting by a fountain.

"Hello," said Joey, cautiously, in case Luna was in a bad mood.

Luna smiled and chirped, "Good Morning! I'm happy to see you!"

They played an assortment of games until noon. Then Luna began to look sad as they ate their lunch.

"What's wrong?" asked Joey

"I wonder why my Papa always left me," sighed Luna, "he was always gone. That's why I was so mad at all of you when you said your friend was not my Papa. I knew deep down that I was mistaken but, I was lonely."

Joey gave her a hug because he felt sorry for her. He knew what it was like to wonder if your family loved you or not. He felt like Serenity was the only real family he had.

Meanwhile, in the Palace Library, Serenity was throwing a fit! Everyone was missing Joey terribly but, for Serenity, it was unbearable.

"I HATE YOU, YUGI!" shrieked Serenity as she threw a vase at Yugi, who barely dodged it! "THIS IS ALL YOURS AND TRISTAN'S FAULT!" She threw a heavy book at Tristan.

"Serenity, please calm down!" begged Duke as he then had to evade another huge book tossed by the raging girl.

"WHY COULDN'T EITHER OF YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO GO WITH THAT STUPID GHOST?!" She screamed through her tears, "WHY'D JOEY HAVE TO GO IN YOUR PLACE?! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, YUGI MOTOU AND TRISTAN TAYLOR!! I'LL HATE YOU TWO FOREVER!!!!"

"Young lady!" shouted Wendy, who was angered by Serenity's behavior, "You will stop this immediately or you will be thrown in the dungeon!"

Serenity kept crying and screaming because she wanted her brother back. She knew that what she was doing was wrong but, she didn't care.

A week later, Serenity was still being mean to Yugi and Tristan, who had already felt horrible as it was when Luna first took Joey away and they really didn't need Serenity to harping them about. Serenity didn't care, her anger and sadness took over and she let them flow. Yami had finally had more that enough of her tantrums and he was going to make them stop, one way or another. SLAP! Yami backhanded Serenity to the ground! She held her struck cheek and looked ready to cry.

"YAMI!" Tristan angrily yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Yugi was just in shock that Yami would hit Serenity!

"YOU WILL STOP BLAMING YUGI AND TRISTAN FOR NOTHING AND SHUT UP!" Yami boomed, "IF JOEY WERE SEEING THIS, I THINK THAT HE'D BE QUITE ASHAMED OF YOU!"

Serenity understood that Yami was right but she was still crying. Seto helped her to her feet and she cried into his shoulder.

"Yami!" said Seto in his cold tone, "You could've told her that, WITHOUT resorting to violence." He took Serenity into a different room and slammed the door.

"Yami!" yelled Yugi and for a second, Yami didn't see his angelic aibou, he saw a fellow ruler who was very displeased. "That was a horrible thing to do! Kaiba's right, there's never an excuse for violence! If Joey saw that-"

"I'd be pissed!" shouted a familiar voice. They all turned around and saw Joey with Luna! She brought him back!

"That was mean!" Luna furiously squeaked, "Why did you hit her? You didn't hit me when I was doing that!"

Yami apologized and they all forgave him after he explained why he hit Serenity in the first place. Seto brought Serenity out and she was overjoyed to see her brother. Joey hugged her and explained what happened. Serenity told Yugi and Tristan that she was sorry for blaming them. Then, she and Yami told each other that they were sorry, too.

Luna smiled and started to glow, "Farewell, everyone." She said as the glow continued.

"Where are you going, Luna?" asked Joey, his eyes became wide at the sight that lay before him.

"Home," she smiled as a ray of light surrounded her, "Thanks for being my friend, Joey, I'll miss you." The light became so bright that no one could see what was happening. When it dimmed, Luna was gone.

Wendy sighed with relief; "Her soul is at rest now. She's finally crossed over."

That night, Yugi, Seto, and Duke were all asking Joey thousands of questions about Luna. While the other three were sleeping, Joey just stared at the ceiling and whispered, "Goodnight Luna." Then he turned his head and fell asleep.

TBC! AN: I know that chapter took forever to write but I hope it's my best yet. I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to post any new chapters( or fics) until, most likely, end of April, May, or even June because I'm moving! When I return, I hope the fics will be better! See ya!