Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ A Breathtaking Ball ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yugioh! But this is my fic.

Fallen Angels

Chapter Nine: A Breathtaking Ball

A week after the Coronation, Yugi, Joey, Duke, and Seto were walking around in their new Palace home. As they were wandering the Palace, they saw Mokuba and Noa playing with one of the Palace Kuribohs.

"Noa's really gotten used to his wings," observed Yugi as Noa saved the Kuriboh from falling into a mud puddle.

"He'll need more time to recover from his father's cruel treatment," said Duke, "But Noa will be just fine."

"I'm glad Mokuba has someone to play with," voiced Joey, "He looked pretty lonely for a while and because of our training and stuff, we were too busy to even talk to him or anyone else."

Seto nodded and said, "I always wished for Mokuba to have the happiest life possible. Now he can and it's all thanks to you three."

"Don't cut yourself out, Seto," said Yugi, "You played the biggest role of all for him by just being his big brother."

Just as they were relaxing, Dark Magician Girl, Goddess with the Third Eye, Princess of Tsurugi, and Injection Fairy Lily walked up to them. The four girls who had given them their Ceremonial Baths were also their female assistants. The boys looked at the clock and it was five minutes to ten. Yugi was taken to the Throne Room by DMG, Princess of Tsurugi and Injection Fairy Lily took Joey and Seto to the Breakfast Nook, and Goddess with the Third Eye took Duke to the Library.

In the Throne Room, Yugi and DMG met up with Yugi's male assistant, Dark Magician. (AN: I couldn't resist!)

"Hello, Your Majesty," greeted DM in a happy voice.

"Good Morning you two," chirped Yugi, also politely noticing DMG.

"Well, Your Majesty," said DMG, "We are having a Grand Ball in two weeks to celebrate the triumph of the return of yourself, Grand Vizier Raphael, High Count Verchiel, and High Priest Gabriel to Staridium. It's going to be a Gala event with all of the most important people from Here and Earth in attendance."

Yugi blushed at the thought of all of those famous personalities coming to see him, Joey, Seto, and Duke. DM noticed the Emperor's cheeks turning a bright pink and shook his head at DMG with a smile for being overly enthusiastic. DMG laughed nervously as she put a hand behind her head. The doors to the Throne room were opened and in walked Joey, Seto, and Duke with their assistants. Joey's were Princess of Tsurugi and Flame Swordsman, Seto's were Injection Fairy Lily and Lord of Dragons, and Duke's were Goddess with the Third Eye and Orgoth the Relentless. They all assembled and bowed to the Emperor, who made Yugi, blush even more. He just wasn't used to being bowed to.

"The dress for the Grand Ball," said Lord of Dragons, "Is `Formal'."

"Does that mean the tuxes and sashes were wore at the Embassy?" asked Duke.

"That was `Semi-Formal', Your Eminence," explained Lily, " `Formal' is much different."

"Lily's right," said Flame Swordsman, "We have your actual Ball clothes here. They just need to be fitted for size and redone."

DM clapped his hands and four men appeared with dressmakers' dummies wearing four magificent 17th century like suits! The only difference was that these suits had pants instead of tights!

"This is yours, Your Eminence," said Orgoth as he led Duke to the dark jade suit. The shoes that came with it were also dark jade, the shoulder patches were bronze, both the tie-around cravat and the lace cuffs were ivory, and the vest was a lighter jade with bronze buttons. Duke thought it looked stunning.

"This one is yours, Your Excellency," said Flame Swordsman as he led Joey to the dark crimson suit. The shoes, pants, and coat were all dark crimson, the button-up cravat and lace cuffs were cream, the vest was a silver, and the buttons on both the vest and coat were maroon. Joey was just in awe at that amazing suit.

"This belongs to you, Your Excellency," said Lord of Dragons as he led Seto to a royal blue suit that was identical in design to Joey's dark crimson one. The long vest was also silver and the cravat and cuffs were also cream. However, the shoes, pants, and coat were all a royal blue and the buttons on both the coat and the vest were indigo. Seto had worn fine clothing before but nothing compared to the suit in front of him. It was fabulous.

"This, Your Majesty, belongs to you," said DM as he led Yugi to the most incredible looking of the four suits. The Musketeer-like jacket, pants, and shoes were a snow-white, while the buttons, long vest, gloves and cravat were a golden satin. Yugi was shocked and blown away at the magnificence of the suit he would wear at this great event. All four suits were made from satin, velvet, and silk.

The boys and their male assistants walked back to their rooms after their female assistants got their measurements and took their suits to the Royal tailors. The assistants showed the young Emperor, Vizier, Count, and Priest the undergarments for their suits. A short chemise, which the boys discovered, was a tee shirt like undershirt with lace on the bottom and the sleeves. Underwear that were as long as Capri pants, silk knee socks that just went under the bottoms of the underwear legs and-

"CORSETS?!" screamed Joey.

"You're kidding, right?" asked Duke, warily.

"It's a tradition that's been around since the Empress' Great Grandfather," explained Lord of Dragons.

"Aren't those things for girls?" asked Seto as his face took on a mixed look of outrage and puzzlement.

"Many men, even now, wear them," interpreted Orgoth.

"But aren't they dangerous?" questioned Yugi.

"They tend to be," said DM then, in a whisper, "We think they're a stupid idea too because you four don't need them but Wendy wants you four to try it at least once because it's such an old custom."

On the night of the Ball, Wendy personally saw to the boys' dressing. Their male assistants tried not to tie the corsets on too tightly but-

"No! No! No!" said Wendy, "They need to be tighter or their posture won't be perfect!"

Dark Magician was the only one to find his voice, because all eight assistants got scared of Wendy when she got serious, said, "My Lady, I fear that the Emperor and his colleagues can hardly breathe as it is."

Which was quite true because, at first, Yugi, Seto, Duke, and Joey felt dizzy but it soon passed. They put on the suits and lovely fake laurel wreaths made of mint green satin and entered the Ballroom. Everything went quite smoothly as they saw their friends and families in beautiful clothing. Yami was wearing his golden Sennen Eye crown, armbands, rings, Puzzle pendant, earrings, white silk tunic, gold leg bands, sandals, and violet cape. The four danced with a few ladies for a bit but, after half an hour or so, all four felt light-headed and the world around them faded to black as they collapsed onto the floor!

Everyone panicked as Wendy, the eight assistants, and Yami rushed them back to their room. They four boys were lain in their beds as the Court Doctors checked them. Their clothes were removed and Yami saw the corsets around their stomachs.

"What are these?" asked Yami as he pointed to the corsets.

"They are corsets, Your Majesty," explained Wendy, "They give proper posture and make the wearer appear thinner."

"They don't need to wear those!" yelled Yami as he and the assistants practically ripped the corsets off the unconscious boys' abdomens. The four unperceiving young men slowly woke up and their eyes fluttered a bit as air started to fill their lungs.

"What happened?" asked Yugi as he and the others were in a bit of a daze.

"You four collapsed in the Ballroom," said Yami with concern because they still looked a bit weak.

"I'm sorry to everyone in this room," said Wendy sadly, "It's my fault this happened."

Everyone forgave her and the corsets were burned in the back garden.

"They're better for kindling anyway!" laughed Lily.

Yugi, Seto, Joey, and Duke put their suits, minus the corsets, back on and the Ball was a success. At the end of it all, fireworks flooded the sky and it was truly an amazing night.

TBC! Stay Tuned!