Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ Fairies, Unicorns, and Starlighters ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gomen (Japan. For `sorry') for taking forever. I don't own Yugioh! I just own the OC's and the story! If I haven't said it before, which I'm sorry if I haven't, thanks to all of my reviewers! I love the input! Warning: ONE mild semi-swear in this chappie! Enjoy!

Fallen Angels

Chapter Ten: Fairies, Unicorns, and Starlighters

It's been two days since the Royal Ball and the boys are getting a bit tired. Duke had to oversee plans for a Baptism; Joey had to send "thank you" cards for all of the gifts that were given to them at the Ball; And Yugi and Seto had to tend to the Parliament who had many suggestions for the kingdom.

Around noon or so, they walked into their bedroom and flopped onto the beds.

"What a day!" groaned Joey

"And it's only half over," sighed Duke

"I really don't know how I'll juggle my Royal duties with KaibaCorp," moaned Seto.

"And I thought school, bullies, and dueling was hard," suspired Yugi.

Wendy walked in and saw the four exhausted teen boys. She smiled a pained smile as she walked over to them.

"Excuse me, Gentlemen," said Wendy. The four boys sat up and gave their attention to her.

"You'll all be able to have a week off from your duties," said Wendy, "Starting this Sunday, it will be The Week of Fairies and Unicorns! A week long celebration of the creatures that helped to defend our kingdom from the evil of their kind."

"What happens during the festival?" asked Yugi.

"Well, Your Majesty, there are sweets, games of all sorts, many playful fairies and lots of pretty unicorns to be seen," said Wendy, "It's a holiday loved by all ages but, mainly by smaller children."

"No offence," said Joey, "But the whole thing with unicorns and fairies sounds kind of girly."

"You see, Your Excellency, it's said that Zephyrina made the fairies and unicorns because they brought joy to Our Kingdom," explained Wendy, "There are also ways to get them to come to you."

"Really?" said Duke, "How?"

"To see a fairy; you need to gather some wild thyme and carry it while sleeping on a hill facing the sky and forest and they will come to you, " explained Wendy. "With unicorns; they live among the Ash trees and, if you lie among them with an Ash leaf on your chest, it will come to you."

Wendy's expression soon changed from happy to sorrowful. The young Royals noticed this and were confused.

"Wendy," asked Seto, "What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh! I'm sorry Gentlemen," she said as her daze ended, "It's just that, a couple of years before you were all sent through millennia of reincarnation, an evil wizard stole some of the fairies and unicorns, who were very kind and good, and made them spiteful and dangerous."

"What was the wizard's name?" asked Joey.

"His name was Eric and it was said that he wore a mask because he was disfigured," illustrated Wendy.

"Was he a Mystic Angel?" asked Duke.

"No," said Wendy, " he was a Starlighter."

"What's a Starlighter?" asked Seto.

"A Starlighter is a Staridian spellcaster who is only able to control one or two types of magic. Mystic Angels, like your selves, can control many type of magic at once. Starlighters are also much weaker than Mystic Angels and Eric always resented that," she said.

"What was Eric able to control?" questioned Seto.

"All Eric was capable of controlling were the powers of mind control and illusion. Defensive magic really, if you four fought him he would be down for the count in no time!" she laughed, "He may be a powerful Starlighter but he's still a Starlighter and a lightweight compared with your powers! Your friend, Noa, should be careful, though."

"Why?" asked Yugi.

"Noa's a Spirit Fairy and while they too are strong, a Starlighter is stronger still," she explained.

The next day was the beginning of the festival and everything was going smoothly until a bunch of unicorns with black manes and coal-colored fairies started to attack the subjects!

"Go my beasts! Go! Destroy them all!" laughed a depraved cackle. It was Eric but, in Present Time, he was known as-

"ARCAINA?!" yelled Yugi in complete shock.

"Who's this joker, Yuge?" asked Joey as he raised his sword.

"I defeated him back in Battle City!" said Yugi as his scythe was elevated and the memories came back.

[Flashback]

"Once I defeat you, Yugi," Arcaina sneered, "My sweet Kathryn will be in my arms!"

Yugi was still recovering from the full blast of his opponent's direct Dark Magic attack while his own trusted mage looked on in anguish.

[End Flashback]

"I remember him myself," sneered Seto as he prepared to fight, "I gave him the lowest entry mark for Battle City, which was two stars."

"WHAT?!?" yelled Joey angrily, "YOU GAVE TWO STARS TO THAT SONOFA-"

"Joey!" shouted Duke as he grabbed his trident; "This really isn't the time to argue about that, man!"

Seto and Joey agreed. They could argue later but, now, they had to deal with Arcaina.

"Well," sneered Arcaina, "If it isn't Yugi, how do you like my show!"

"Stop this Arcaina!" yelled Yugi; "This destruction has got to end!"

"I'm rather enjoying it," the magician smirked.

"ENJOY IT ALL YOU LIKE YOU SICK-" Duke cut Joey off again.

"Don't lose it, man, or we'll slip!" barked Duke.

"You won't get away with this, you washout!" screamed Seto.

Arcaina turned towards them and threw some sapphire-colored dust. "Enjoy Memory Lane!" he hooted.

In the swirl of colbat and ebony, Yugi found himself back at his old house. He witnessed Pegasus stealing his Grandfather's soul and himself screaming for his Grandpa.

"What's going on?" said Yugi as he slipped into a trance.

In another cobalt and ebony swirl, Seto found himself back at the Kaiba Mansion when his stepfather was alive and all of the torture he was put through.

"Where am I?" asked Seto as his eyes glazed over.

Joey's swirl took him to when he and Serenity were separated as little kids and he watched himself chase the car she was in.

"What's happening to me?" asked Joey in rapture.

(AN: I made up Duke's memory.) Duke's swirl took him back to when he was six and he found out that his mom died because of a drunk driver. He saw his six-year-old self sitting on his dad's lap and sobbing.

"What was I doing?" asked Duke in a hypnotic state.

"GUYS! GUYS!" yelled a small voice.

Each of the guys in their own voids asked, "Who's that?"

A blazing light appeared before them and they found themselves together and with Noa! Their minds cleared and they realized that Arcaina had tricked them.

"Arcaina had put you four under an illusion spell that would hypnotize you to stay by using your worst memories," explained Noa, "I used some of my own power to free you all."

"Thanks Noa!" smiled Seto.

"A simple Spirit Fairy dissolved my illusion?!" shrieked Arcaina, "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!"

Arcaina threw a spiked ball, which was filled with paralysis powder, at Noa but Duke used his magic to create a tornado and blow the ball towards its source. Arcaina was unable to move. After he was put in the hospital, he was later sent to the jail for twelve years. The unicorns and fairies he had enchanted were released from his spell and they went home. Joey and Seto walked back to the shared room while Yugi and Duke took care of Noa.

"Whew!" Joey sighed, "glad that's over!"

"Yeah!" agreed Seto.

An exhausted Yugi and Duke walked in and sighed.

"How's Noa?" asked Seto.

"Noa will be just fine," said Duke.

"Yeah," said Yugi, "He just needed the fairies to give him some of their magic honey to restore his strength."

The four climbed into their beds and turned out the lights.

"Good Night, guys," said Yugi.

"Good Night, Yugi," said Seto and Duke.

"'Night Yuge, See ya in the morning!" said Joey.

They settled in and fell asleep, knowing that there was more to come.

TBC!