Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ Of Affiances and Fiancées ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm so sorry for the long delay. I had a horrible case of writer's block. I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! The OCs, story, etc are mine. Here's a reminder of the names:

Seraphim/Yugi

Raphael /Seto

Verchiel /Joey

Gabriel / Duke

Enjoy!

Fallen Angels

Chapter 11: Of Affiances and Fiancées.

A month since the Unicorn and Fairy festival has passed and the boys are doing fine. Duke is a good Priest who helps people with their problems. Joey's work has a High Count has been coming along perfectly. Seto's business skills have helped him be able to run not only the trades, but KaibaCorp as well. Yugi is a kind and benevolent Emperor who makes sure everyone in his world is ok.

After a long day, they headed for their room.

"We're really getting good at this," smiled Joey and they walked into the door.

"Yeah," agreed Duke, "We were just coranated not to long ago and we've been able to do so much."

Before Seto could say anything, there was a knock at their door. Yugi was the closest, so he answered it. When Yugi opened the door, a young, blonde maid curtsied to him.

"Yes?" asked Yugi.

"Your Majesty," she said with he gaze on the floor, "Wendy Thomas sent me to find you. She has something she wishes to tell you and your colleagues. She is in the library and will meet with you there."

"Please tell Wendy that we'll be right there," said Yugi gently.

"Yes, Your Majesty," said the maid as she curtsied a second time and walked away.

"What's going on, Yugi," asked Seto.

"Wendy wants to meet us in the library," replied Yugi.

The boys walked over to the library and they found Wendy at a small desk looking at some papers.

"Did you want to see us, Wendy?" asked Duke as they entered the library.

"Yes, Your Eminence, I did," said Wendy as she walked over to them, "Would you all please sit down," she said as she gestured to four chairs in front of her desk.

The boys sat down and Wendy returned to her seat.

"I have some important news," said Wendy, "The Staridian Government is very happy about how things are being handled by you four but, they feel you all should take things to the next level."

"What's the next level?" asked Yugi.

"Marriage," replied Wendy, "They wish for the four of you to be married. In taking wives, you four can later produce heirs and heiresses to continue for families' legacies."

Yugi, Duke, Joey, and Seto blushed at the thought of getting married and having babies. They were a bit nervous about the idea because they didn't feel ready to settle down yet. They were just sixteen after all and the thought sort of frightened them.

"Do we really have to do this now?" asked Joey timidly, because he was to only one to find his voice as he and the other three were as red as cherries.

"Unfortunately, the Government doesn't want to wait," explained Wendy, "They're being ridiculous, in my opinion, but there's nothing we can do. They have already found your brides."

"WHAT?!" screeched the four teens.

"I know," said Wendy as she rubbed he temples, "These young ladies are the reincarnated forms of the girls you four would've been betrothed to if not for Imotei's curse."

"We don't get to choose our own brides?" asked Seto.

"No, Your Excellency," said Wendy, "The Government does but, from what I've heard, the young ladies can't wait to present themselves to you."

"Present themselves?" asked Yugi.

"Yes, Your Majesty," said Wendy, "The betrothed brides will present themselves behind masks, just like what you four will be doing, and you all talk about yourselves but names are not allowed to be given out then. That comes during your courtship period."

"When do we find out who they are?" asked Seto.

"The meeting is scheduled for tomorrow," said Wendy, "All your four have to do is wear masks and greet the young ladies. Each couple will be given a room to talk and learn about one another but faces and names are not to be revealed until the second meeting."

"Is there anything about the girls you can tell us," asked Duke.

"I can't tell the names they are known by in this time but I can talk about who they are reincarnated from," said Wendy.

"OK, that's fair," said Joey.

"Gabriel's bride," started Wendy as Duke blushed, "was a young sorceress from Hong Kong known as Sakura Tao, she came from a long line of regal Chinese spell casters who helped the many dynasties of many different Emperors. Sakura's father, Kenji, and Gabriel's father, Maddock, both agreed that this union would benefit both China and Staridium in a big way, so they were betrothed."

"Verchiel's bride," continued Wendy, now making Joey blush, "was an unusual choice. She was a young lady of impressive wealth who came from the higher mountains but she was also an Amazon warrior. Her name was Diana Meirdri (Pronounced `Meer-dry'). Her mother, Athena, and Verchiel's mother, Psyche, were best friends and had always dreamed of having their children married so it was arranged."

"Raphael's bride," now it was Seto's turn to blush, " was actually a priestess who was found by King Yami of Egypt. Yami and Raphael's mother Videara both thought this would be a happy union. The young priestess was named Isis Amun-Ra and she was quite respected."

"And finally," said Wendy as Yugi turned bright red, "there was Seraphim's bride. She was a Princess of the Fairy realm known as SunMoon. She was a Rainbow Fairy by the name of Azalea Lunastar. Her mother, Queen Jasmine and Seraphim's mother, Empress Aurora, were dear friends and amazing allies in time of crisis. Both rulers always dreamed of finding a way for Staridium and SunMoon to be joined forever and create a new mixed rule of magic, love, prosperity, and progress."

"Wow," said Yugi, "That's really amazing! I hope we get to know them and be friends."

"Well, Your Majesty," chirped Wendy softly, "that'll happen tomorrow."

The boys thanked Wendy, walked upstairs to their room, and went to bed.

Back at the library,

"Did you two hear that?" Wendy asked a set of drapes.

Yami and Michelle were hiding behind the drapes and overheard the whole thing.

"Yes," said Michelle, "and I hope they'll be able to get along with the chosen brides. Although, Wendy, you weren't exactly truthful about how the brides felt about having to marry the young men they were betrothed to five millenniums ago."

"I am aware of that," said Wendy wearily, " but if I had told them that the brides are angry about the situation, the Emperor and the others would've out-right refused and then the Government would have our heads."

"I have know worries about that," said Yami with a smile.

"Why is that, Your Majesty," asked Wendy.

"Because they already know the reincarnations of Azalea, Isis, Diana, and Sakura," smiled Yami.

TBC! Wow! New faces that are connected with Staridium! Who are the reincarnations? Wait and see! I hope to update sooner that this next time.