Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ Of Masks and Matchmaking ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! The story, place, oc's, etc. are. I don't own Vivian Wong either, she's is from Yu-gi-oh but, she appears in the season after the one that just aired last week of Kids' WB. Check Janime.com if you don't believe me. Enjoy!

Fallen Angels

Chapter 12: Of Masks and Matchmaking

The sun rose the next day and the boys woke up. They weren't looking forward to today however. Sure they had the day off from their duties and all. However, being forced into marriage by a bunch of old men who obviously had NO idea what love was didn't sit well with them. They got dressed and their male assistants gave them their masks. The masks were all just simple one that covered the eyes and the bridge of the nose with elastic that fixed itself around the head. The boys were wearing the simple black tuxes and sashes they wore at the Embassy. Orgoth handed Duke a jade mask with white feathers sticking out of it. Flame Swordsman gave Joey a sky blue mask with silver sequins around the edges. Lord of Dragons gave Seto a silver mask with sky blue ribbon decorating the top and trailing from the side loosely. Finally, Dark Magician presented Yugi with gold mask that had violet feathers sticking out of it, violet sequins around the eyes and violet ribbons flowing from the sides.

"Here we go," said Yugi as he and the others put their masks on.

"I don't see why the Government needs all of us to getting hitched and make puppies!" growled Joey as the walked down the corridor.

"If you don't watch your mouth Joey," warned Seto, "your Amazon bride probably won't let you have the chance."

"EEP!" squeaked Joey as the others laughed.

"I see where you're going with this Joey," sighed Duke, "I don't think it's fair that the Government has a say in this at all. Marriage is about love, not alliances."

"I agree," lamented Yugi as they were reaching the library, "I also have a feeling that the girls aren't happy about this either. Wendy may have lied to us about that."

"What do you mean, Yuge?" asked Joey.

"I mean, Joey, the girls probably didn't have a choice either about this whole situation and are being forced to marry us against their will," said Yugi, sadly.

The guards opened the doors and the boys entered the library. Wendy, Yami, and to their surprise, Michelle were standing in the library waiting for them along with four girls in capes and masks. The girls' masks were in the shape of butterflies but they were fastened to the head with elastics all the same. Each young lady dressed in the clothing that represented her Realm or Country. Wendy led Duke over to the girl with the crimson and gold butterfly mask. She was also wearing a long red Oriental dress and a gold cape. The only things about her that Duke could see was that she had long black hair that was tied up in ordango fashion. (Ordango is the same hairstyle as Sailor Moon.) and that she had pale skin.

"High Priest Gabriel Michael Zeratra," said Wendy as she gave Duke's and to the girl and the girl's hand to Duke, "This is Lady Sakura Setsuna Tao of Hong Kong. Goddess with the Third Eye will lead you two to your room." With that, Duke and `Sakura' were hand-in-hand and led to the room on the far left.

Wendy then led Joey to a young lady wearing a violet Greek-like dress with Greek armor on he chest and forearms. Her cape was copper, as was her armor. Her mask was a bronze and violet butterfly. All Joey could see was the she had curly, light blonde hair and fair skin.

"High Count Verchiel Phillippe Afrati," Said Wendy and she joined Joey's hand and the girl's, "This is Lady Diana Celeste Meirdri of the High Mountains. Princess of Tsurugi will lead you to your room." Princess of Tsurugi led Joey and `Diana', who were hand-in-hand, to the room on the second far left.

Wendy then led Seto to a girl who was wearing the traditional outfit of an Egyptian Priestess. Her mask was cream with gold sequins on the trim. Her dress was also a cream color; she wore brown sandals, had gold armbands on her upper arms, and had a cream cape. All that Seto saw was that she had bronze skin and black hair.

"Grand Vizier Raphael Timothy Diablo," said Wendy as she placed Seto's hand into the girl's, "This is High Priestess Isis Manzuma Amun-Ra of Egypt. Injection Fairy Lily will escort you to your room." Holding hands, Seto and `Isis' were sent to the room on the right.

Wendy finally led Yugi to the last girl. She was wearing a silvery blue strapless gown with powder blue gloves that went past her elbows, a gold heart-shaped pendant, her cape was an opal color, and she wore a small diamond and sapphire tiara. Her butterfly mask was silvery blue with blue and silver sequins around the eyes, blue feathers sticking out of the top, and silvery ribbons flowing from the sides. All Yugi could see was that she had pale skin and short, yet straight, brown hair.

"Emperor Seraphim Alexander Lancelot DeNeil," said Wendy as she joined Yugi's hand with the girl's hand, "This is Queen Azalea Elizabeth Juliet Lunastar of the Fairy Realm, SunMoon. Dark Magician Girl will lead the two of you to the middle room." Yugi and `Azalea' were lead to the middle room by Dark Magician Girl. The door to all four rooms were closed, the female assistants curtsied and left the library.

"What happens now?" asked Michelle.

"We simply wait," replied Wendy.

"Will it be ok?" asked Michelle as she looked at the doors.

"I don't think we need to worry," said Yami with a smile, "like I said last night, they already know each other, they just don't know it, yet."

In the room with Duke and `Sakura':

`Sakura' was sitting on the sofa while Duke was standing against the opposite wall. There was an uncomfortable silence in the air because it became pretty clear that neither one of them wanted this.

"I'm sorry about this mess, Sakura," sighed Duke, "My Government had no right to pressure either one of us into this."

"I know it's not your fault, Gabriel," said `Sakura'; "I was being forced by my own Government, too. This was all arranged 5000 years ago so why force us with it now."

"I'm with you on that one," said Duke

"I'm just not ready for this," they said together. Then they looked at each other and started laughing.

"Maybe this could work after all," chirped `Sakura'.

"Maybe," smiled Duke, "maybe."

In the room with Joey and `Diana':

`Diana' and Joey were standing on opposite sides of the room. Both were still for a couple of minutes when Joey got the ball rolling.

"You were an Amazon a while back?" asked Joey.

"Yeah," said `Diana' "but I try not to think about the past. I don't know about you but I think what done is done and, no offence, that this whole nonsense of being married to a stranger is stupid!"

"No offence taken, Diana," said Joey, "In fact, I agree with you. It's not fair at all."

Both Joey and `Diana' knew that they had heard each other's voices before this arrangement, but all thoughts were coming up blank. Joey knew that `Diana's' voice was familiar and `Diana' had definitely hear Verchiel's NY accent way before this started.

"I like Duel Monsters," they both said at the same time.

"You do, Verchiel?" asked `Diana' in surprise.

"Yeah!" chirped Joey; "I have my deck with me."

"So do I!" chimed `Diana' happily, "You want to duel?"

"You bet!" piped Joey.

They sat at the table, laughing, dueling, and both of them thinking, "Maybe this isn't such a bad idea."

In the room with Seto and `Isis':

They were sitting together on the sofa and feeling very uncomfortable. Seto, for the first time ever, didn't know what to say to `Isis' because he was afraid that he would say something stupid and embarrass him.

"I guess this is quite the awkward situation," said `Isis' as she broke the silence.

"Yes," said Seto, "I agree with you. I don't believe is digging up the past."

"Then why did you return to Staridium, Raphael?" asked `Isis' as she looked at him.

Seto turned his head towards `Isis', "Because of the Government before this one, `Isis'. They reminded me of bunch of slime bags I had worked with before I was made Vizier. I didn't think it was right to stand by and do nothing."

Both Seto and `Isis' had heard each other's voices before but they couldn't see the time place or source of the voices. They just smiled shyly at each other and held hands.

In the room with Yugi and `Azalea':

Yugi was standing near the window while `Azalea' was leaning on one of the walls.

"Were you excited when you found out you were a Fairy Queen, Azalea?" asked Yugi, timidly; hoping that he didn't offend her.

`Azalea' turned her head to him and replied, "To be honest, Seraphim, not really. My dream was to become a ballet dancer and to study Dance in New York."

"Wow," said Yugi, "I didn't really want to be Emperor at first either. I liked my old life and I'm not used to being bowed to, having a title and having servants."

"You don't get to make your own choices," said `Azalea' sadly.

"You aren't allowed to be yourself," Sighed Yugi.

"You're just…trapped," they said in unison. Then they looked at each other.

"You know, Seraphim, call me crazy, but I feel like I've known you for years," smiled `Azalea'.

"You know something, Azalea," grinned Yugi, "I feel the same way."

They walked over to each other and were about to hug when there was a knock at the door. Yugi answered and it was Wendy.

"The meeting is over, Your Majesties," said Wendy, "it's time to come out."

All of the couples came out and felt considerably happier than when they first came in. The young ladies were escorted back to the Guesthouse while the boys were sent to their room. The boys bowed while the girls curtsied to each other before leaving. They all went to bed and hoped that tomorrow's unveiling will be as successful.

TBC! Cool! Please R&R! I'd love your input. What happens next? Wait and see!