Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ Cherry Blossom Wedding ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gomen (sorry) for taking this long writing this story. I'm in College so homework kind of weighs me down.

Each of these four chapters (including this one) is going to be a wedding chappie! That's right! Each is a different wedding! I don't own YGO or the shortened/ somewhat altered Shinto ceremony I'm using in this fic but I do own this story and the OCs. Enjoy!

Fallen Angels

Chapter 16: Cherry Blossom Wedding

It was two months after the play was preformed and the weddings were ready to go. The first wedding being performed was Duke and Vivian's. All four couple agreed to leave for their honeymoons after all of the weddings so they wouldn't miss a moment of the most important days of each other's lives.

Duke and Vivian chose a traditional Shinto ceremony for their wedding. Wendy allowed this because the only wedding that had to be Mystrian, was Yugi and Tea's.

Duke and the other three were in one of the back room of the Domino Shrine and boy was he nervous! While he looked amazing in his wedding kimono, he looked ready to faint!

"We're all going through this, too, Duke," encouraged Yugi as he comforted his friend.

Resplendent drum and flute music filled the air as Duke and Vivian, who was wearing her hair in the traditional wedding style along with a stunning white wedding kimono, were seated at a small table in front of the altar. All of their friends and family were seated around and behind them.

As everyone else stood and bowed, the Shinto Priest uttered a short prayer, then he picked up the harai-gushi, a long stick with many strips of white paper attached to one end, and swung it back and forth to purify the room and everyone in it. The Priest then chanted a Shinto prayer as he prayed for the bride and groom's happiness and prosperity.

After the prayer, the bride and groom said their wedding vows and exchanged rings.

(The vows are in script format so that way, they're easier to follow along.)

Duke and Vivian face each other. Both have tears of love in their eyes and they're holding hands.

Duke: Vivian, I love you and want to be your husband. I promise to be a patient husband, always honest and compassionate. I will be your best friend, your sweetheart, and your helpmate throughout life, always putting you first above my own needs. And I promise to live a live that honor the vows we have spoken and make you glad to have married me this day.

Then Duke slipped the wedding band on her finger. Vivian looked at her soon-to-be husband as both of them started shedding tears of joy.

Vivian: Duke, I love you and want to be your wife. I promise to be a patient wife, always honest and compassionate. I will be your best friend, your sweetheart, and your helpmate throughout life, always putting you first above my own needs. And I promise to live a live that honor the vows we have spoken and make you glad to have married me this day.

Then Vivian placed the ring on his finger. They turned towards the Priest and he nodded.

"You may kiss your bride," the Priest told Duke.

Duke and Vivian shared a first, of many, tender kisses as husband and wife. They released the kiss and the Priest announced as they turned towards the crowd,

"May I present Mr. and Mrs. Duke Devlin/ Gabriel Zeratra" The Priest was told about Duke's Staridian name ahead of time so he could announce both names. The couple ran down the aisle and drove in a lime back to the palace. There everyone got to rest and prepare for Joey and Mai's wedding, which would happen in two months.

TBC! I know I altered the wedding and omitted the sake ceremony. I didn't add that part because, even though it's a different culture, I don't like the idea of drinking in general and I will not write about it in my fics. Period! I hope you live the next wedding chappie, later!