Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angels ❯ A Night to Remember?! ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own YGO or the Religious Science wedding in this story. I would've used Egypt's main religion, Muslim, but it's forbidden for a Muslim woman to marry a man outside of her faith. Gomen (sorry) for the extremely long delay. Enjoy the fic!
 
 
Fallen Angels
 
Chapter Eighteen: A Night to Remember?!
 
It was finally Seto's turn to take the fateful plunge and get married. The wedding was going to take place in the backyard of Seto's old mansion. Yugi, Joey, Duke, Tristan, Mokuba, and Noa all looked really cool in their black tuxedos. Seto was wearing a white tux in which the tie, cummerbund, and vest were all a deep, sapphire blue.
 
“Hey Kaiba!” smiled Joey, “You look just like one of your dragons!”
 
“Thanks Joey,” Seto said with a shaky voice, “I just wish I felt as brave as one of my dragons right about now.”
 
It was strange and funny all at once to see the normally calm and cool CEO of KaibaCorp so flustered. Seto was pacing and he looked like he was starting to panic.
 
“Seto,” said Noa, who flew over to the anxious groom and held him by the shoulders, “Will you relax? Everything will be fine.”
 
“I hope so, Noa,” said Seto, nervously.
 
“Yeah Big Bro!” chirped Mokuba, “Izshizu's really nice and you're both so smart so this is a great match!”
 
Meanwhile, in the bride's quarters, while the ladies were getting ready for the ceremony, Marik and Odion were waiting for their sister and the other girls outside of the door.
 
Odion was very happy for Izshizu and he always had thought that Seto was the perfect match for her. The young CEO was very intelligent and her knew that his sister would not be bored with him. Marik, on the other hand, was worried about his sister. Mokuba told the young tomb keeper all about Seto's past and it frightened Marik that Seto was raised by someone who made his dark half look like a saint! If Seto's stepfather was still alive, there would be NO WAY IN THE SHADOW REALM that his good and kind sister would marry inot the Kaiba family!
 
“Master Marik,” asked Odion, “Why are you so anxious?”
 
“I'm just worried about Izshizu, Odion,' sighed Marik, “If that psycho Mokuba told me about was still alive, I would do everything in my power to stop this wedding. I know he's gone but, I still don't want Izshizu to get married.”
 
“Why not?” asked Odion, who was quite confused. Wasn't his master/little brother happy for their sister?
 
“Because,” said Marik, sadly, “When Izshizu gets married, she won't be able to stay in Egypt with us anymore. She'd have to stay here in Domino or in Staridium because her new family will need her and she'll forget about us.”
 
Marik looked at the floor for about two minutes as Odion shook his head. He knew that Izshizu would never forget her brothers but, Kaiba was a very busy man and she would have her new duties and may even have to take care of Mokuba and Noa. Odion got up and left to prepare for his duty for giving Izshizu away at the wedding. Marik looked up and noticed that Odion was gone.
 
“I won't lose my sister,” Marik sadly whispered, “And I won't lose her to Kaiba!”
 
Later, the wedding opened beautifully when Odion gave Izshizu to Seto. Everyone was concerned that Marik seemed to be missing for some reason. The wedding proceeded as the minister continued to read sacred passages but, just as the bride and groom were about to say their vows, a young man dressed in, what looked like a chicken suit, popped out from behind one of the trees!
 
“I AM RA!” yelled the person in the, now identified, Winged Dragon of Ra costume, “I FORBID THIS MARRIGE TO TAKE PLACE!”
 
Izshizu was thoroughly embarassed because she knew who was in the Ra/chicken outfit. The bridesmaids and groomsmen could not believe what they were seeing, Odion covered his face with his hands out of embarrassment, and the youngest three started to laugh at the nut job in the chicken/Ra getup until Yugi told them that it wasn't nice to do so.
 
“HOLY CRAP MARIK!” shouted Seto as said person's mask was taken by the bride, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”
 
Marik looked around the room and realized that he was in BIG trouble. He lowered his head and said quietly “I just don't want Izshizu to leave and forget about me and Odion, that's all.”
 
Bride and groom exchanged looks and everyone's faces softened.
 
“Marik,” said Izshizu as she used both hands to lift her brother's head, “I will be leaving Egypt but, I would never forget about you and Odion, ever. I had even arranged it so you and Odion could live in the palace.”
 
“Really,” smiled Marik.
 
“That's right,” said Seto, “You and Odion will be living in the west wing of the palace with all of the familes that were a part of our mortal lives.”
 
Marik smiled and stood next to Odion happily. It was still a bit awkward because Marik was still wearing the chicken/Ra costume but there was no time for him to change. The bride and groom turned to one another and said their vows.
 
(AN: As usual, the vows are in Script format)
 
Seto: Izshizu, you are my first love and my last love. Until I met you I didn't give true love much thought, but since you came into my life, I struggle desperately to find the words to tell you how much I love you - how I adore you. It is difficult for me to verbalize my feelings for you, because mere words can't begin to express my deep love. I forever pledge myself to you as your ever faithful husband from this day on. My heart, body, mind, and soul are yours forever.
 
After the vow, Seto slipped the ring on Izshizu's finger.
 
Izshizu: Seto, you are my first love and my last love. Until I met you I didn't give true love much thought, but since you came into my life, I struggle desperately to find the words to tell you how much I love you - how I adore you. It is difficult for me to verbalize my feelings for you, because mere words can't begin to express my deep love. I forever pledge myself to you as your ever faithful wife from this day on. My heart, body, mind, and soul are yours forever.
 
And with that, she placed the ring on his finger.
 
(Back to Story format now)
 
The minister smiled at the couple and said, “If there is anyone who objects to this union, other than the young man in the chicken suit, let them speak now or forever hold their piece.” No one, not even Marik, said a word.
 
The minister smiled at the silence. “Well then, by the power vested in me as Minister, I pronounce you as Man and Wife. You may kiss the bride.”
 
Seto and Izshizu shared a chaste yet, passionate kiss. When the kiss was finished, the minister grabbed the couple's hands and announced, “I am happy to present Mr. and Mrs. Seto Kaiba/ Raphael Diablo!”
 
Everyone cheered and threw rice at the happy couple as they headed for the limo and back to Staridium.
 
TBC!
 
Yugi and Tea's wedding is the last one and It's coming soon! For those of you who are curious, yes I got the whole “Marik in a chicken/Ra getup to stop the wedding” thing from the Simpsons episode where Homer tries to break up Apu's wedding by wearing a weird elephant costume of sorts. Ja Ne!