Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Falling From Grace ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

YUGIOH
Falling From Grace
 
 
First the Warning note: This story involves Tea 'step-on and kicked aside' angst. If you hate Tea, you will probably love this fic. If you like Tea, you may not like this fic and may want to consider reading a different one. Yet, any possible Tea 'bashing' in this fic I consider all plot-related, and none of it is considered 'senseless'. Tea is kept in the best of character as possible (but maybe with my opinion thrown-in on what I think Tea really is like inside). This fic contains mild language, yaoi, shonen-ai, M/M, M/F, group banging.....yet, none of the sex scenes mentioned are in detail, all of them are merely implied. The most you'll see from this story is kissing or maybe some 'heavy' petting (this fic mostly concentrates on the plot, not the sex-scenes...sorry). I've titled this fic a Romance/angst....the angst mostly involves Tea.
 
On to desc: Tea gets sick of Kaiba's constant attitude, and decides to finally teach him a lesson in humility. But when her scheme backfires.....who will really get hurt in the end? Yes, it's a K/J matchup. Saying so is kind of a spoiler, but I made an agreement with myself to label all matchups, so the readers will know if they want to read it. Because of that, I kinda have to tell you that part. Hope that's not a problem. This story also takes the 'idea' from the old classic movie "Love Potion Number 9". I'm actually surprised to not see any other Yugioh fics out there that ever took this idea, but maybe the movie was just too old to remember.
 
I do not own Yugioh or anything affiliated with the show. I do not own "Love Potion Number 9", or anything affiliated with the movie or the idea of it.
 
 
Chapter 1.
“Well......if it's not the friendship girl”, Kaiba commented snidely, after Tea had accidentally bumped into him, landing on her behind.
 
This was not Tea's day. Some rude kid had bumped into her, causing her to run into Kaiba at his locker. But could she atleast get him in sharing in the embarrassment, and atleast fall down as well? Of course not! Running into him was like running into a brick wall, seeming to be just as hard on the outside as he appeared to be on the inside.
 
She looked up at him, flashing her angry eyes.....but it didn't seem to phase him in the least. Instead, he continued. “Stay out of my breathing space, Gardner! I wouldn't want to catch that cult disease that you seemed to spread to your so-called `friends'.”
 
“It's not a disease, you jerk!”, Tea snapped back. “Only someone like you would compare people caring about each other as some kind of ailment. Why don't you get a clue for a change? Open your eyes and see how much fun it could be with some friends to talk to once in a while. I don't know how many times Yugi's tried to be your friend, but all you do is rudely shoot him down, everytime!”
 
“That's because he doesn't get the picture......the same as you. But let me try it one more time, so maybe even someone with your brain capacity might understand......and I emphasize `might'. I. Don't. Want. Your. Friendship!”, Kaiba snarled.
 
Each word he muttered, Tea flinched back from him. She couldn't help it.....he could be down-right scary, when he wanted to be. For a moment, she thought he was getting angry with her, but once again he was giving a snide smirk now at her, seeming to be amused. `Is he angry or just making fun of me? God, I hate trying to read this guy.....he's so confusing!'
 
Kaiba then added, “Besides.....even if out of some miracle I was somehow sucked in to your groupies little hypnotic spell, which wont happen, why would I ever want to be associating with such a loser ditz as yourself?” Not even giving her a chance to answer, he closed his locker, turned, and began to walk away.
 
“Huh? Ditz?? Who are you calling a ditz!?”, she cried out, but his form was already being lost by the crowd. “What kind of jerk doesn't even show some manners to a girl, after making her fall!!”, she snapped out loud, shaking her fists. “Come back here and face me, you big coward!!”
 
Of course, by this time, she was making people look at her weird after making a scene, and seeming to be shouting at no one. Tea dropped her head in embarrassment, and she muttered, “Jerk.....god, I hate that guy!”
 
-------------------------------
 
It was later that Tea was getting out of school. The others caught up to her, as Yugi called out, “Hey Tea, wait up!”
 
“I can't today Yugi, I have dance practice”, Tea said.
 
Joey gave a snicker, saying, “Well, watch yer back, Tea....you wouldn't want anymore run-ins with moneybags!”
 
Tea instantly froze, and turned around in surprise, asking, “Oh my god....how did you know about that?”
 
Tristan was trying not to laugh, but Joey didn't even try to hold back his amusement. “Well, just about the whole school knows about it, Tea. They said you were like yelling to no one a good half hour after he was gone.....”
 
Tea's face turned totally red, snapping, “It wasn't a half hour! Maybe five minutes, max!”
 
Everyone flew back from her bellowing voice, as they held out their hands defensively. Tristan crying out, “Hey, take it easy! We're on your side!”
 
She then dropped to her knees, holding her hands over her face, muttering, “Oh god, that was so embarrassing......I can't believe the whole school saw that!”
 
“Yeah, well if I were there, I would uh made him pay for it!”, Joey snapped, putting on a macho pose.
 
Tea looked angry, saying, “You know, sometime I wish there was just some way that someone would stick it to him good, just to teach him a lesson!”
 
“Tea.....that's not nice”, Yugi said, surprised by her comment.
 
“Well, he deserves it, Yugi. He doesn't even treat 'you' nice, and you've got to be the nicest kid in school!”, Tea said.
 
Yugi smiled sheepishly, replying, “Well.....thanks, really. But you know Kaiba, that's just the way he is.”
 
“But it's not right, Yugi!”, Tea cried.
 
Yugi sighed, saying, “You might be right, Tea.....but wishing something bad to happen to a person isn't good, either. Nothing good could come from wishing bad things on someone. Besides Tea, you're a nice person.....I know deep down you don't actually mean that.”
 
`The hell I don't!', Tea thought, but smiled at Yugi. “Oh, Yugi.....you're such a nice guy. Where would we all be without you?” Deciding to make Yugi feel better, she added, “I guess you're right. I really wouldn't want anything bad to happen to anyone.....even Kaiba.” It was an outright lie, but Yugi didn't have to know that.
 
 
Special Note: I will be trying to send this particular story out 3 chapters/day, until it is caught up with the submissions I have all ready sent to ff.net. This is actually a sight I normally don't send much to, since I'm alittle less user-friendly with how to submit fics here. But due to ff.net's ridiculous new law, I'll probably be starting to submit 'a lot' more here than I ever have before. In my opinion, I feel their new rule is unfair and are treating non-members as garbage. They had forgotten the fact that it takes non-members to become members......and if they're treated like dirt, why would they want to join?
 
Once the chapters are caught up with the chapters in the other websight, I will probably be submitting them both every Monday. But since I will not be able to offer replies to my readers at the other websight, all those reviews will instead come here. So anyone wanting to see their reviews can still see them.
 
Any old submission that I have all ready replied to at ff.net, I will not also be sending here.......I didn't see the need. But if there are new reviews inbetween that time (which I don't forsee happening much, since I'll be sending them out so rapidly), I will still add them as I go.
 
Hope you all enjoy the fic!