Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Chapter 1: Adoption ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
PLEASE READ:

This story is sort of an Alternate Universe of my 'Of the Light' "series". The original characters I made up for DOTSL and COTLE will be used in this fanfiction (.(plus some new ones).) and some of the pairings from them have been carried over. A few of them have been changed.

Before anyone can comment on it, I have changed Mokuba's age for this fanfiction. Instead of there being a five year difference between him and Seto, it will be three years instead. I hope this doesn't confuse anyone too much.

Summary: What if Kojiro (Tama and Kiba's dad) had been the one to adopt Seto and Mokuba and Malik was sent to live with them at age 10? Now that the normal YGO-verse has been demolished, it's time to set up a new one. Take four dragon obsessed kids, a blonde pup, a bunch of people with odd colored hair, four Americans, some ‘normal people’, and some half-insane spirits and mix 'em all up and what do you get? Chaos, plain and simple.

Pairings: Eventually, Ryou/OC, Bakura/OC, Seto/Katsuya, Ryuji/Shizuka, Yami/Yugi, Malik/OC, Mariku/OC, Mokuba/OC, and various others (.(Yes, I will be using the Japanese names for this story.).) Just to warn you all, because of three of the pairings there will be some shonen ai in this story. If you don't like it, then don't read it. And also, there may be some characters that are Out-Of-Character because of some of the events that have been changed.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh, however I do own all of the Original Characters except for three and they belong to my friend.

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A -M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Chapter 1

“Tama, lets go!” Nine-year-old Kiba Muto yells up the stairs to his six-year-old sister. He has short, dark red hair that has golden-blonde highlights running through it. His bangs are also golden-blonde. He’s wearing a long-sleeved black shirt and overtop of it is a blue one and he has on blue jeans and a pair of sneakers

“Comin’!” Tama calls, racing down the stairs as fast as she can go. She has tri-colored hair with the base being dark red. Her bangs are a sandy blonde color and frame her face and the tips of her hair are black. Her hair is pulled up into two ponytails and she’s wearing something similar to her brother, except her long sleeved shirt is white and the short-sleeved shirt overtop of it is red and she’s wearing a red and white skirt to match it.

Their father, Kojiro Muto, watches them with amusement showing clearly in his amethyst eyes. “Slow down Tama.” He says. “I don’t want you to hurt yourself. Now, do you have the cookies?”

Tama happily nods and points to the basket setting by the door. “Of course, daddy. They right there.”

Kojiro smiles and pats his daughter on the head. “Well then, lets get going!”

Within minutes the family of three is on the road to Domino City’s orphanage. Kojiro is donating some money to the place and Tama and Kiba are going to be handing out cookies to the kids.

They arrive at the orphanage at a quarter past two, and Kojiro goes to talk to some of the adults running the place which leaves Kiba and Tama to hand out cookies. The two separate the job. Kiba gives out cookies to the kids 8 and up while Tama hands out cookies to the ones that are younger. It’s while doing so that she comes across an adorable three-year-old boy being picked on.

Tama bristles upon seeing the sight, her lilac eyes flashing dangerously, a surefire sign that she’s angry about something. Then she marches over to the boys. “What do you think you’re doing?!” She exclaims loudly. “Leave him alone and pick on someone your own size!”

One of the bullies smirks and turns to face her. “Like you.”

Tama takes a step back, as if nervous, and sets down the basket of cookies. That way she’s completely prepared when the two boys lunge for her. Using some moves that her brother taught her, she strikes one in the back of the knees and kicks the other in the stomach, knocking the air out of him. Then she grabs the basket and the boys hand and runs off to a more crowded area with at least two adults in it before they can recover.

The boy she rescued trembles for a moment and then begins crying. Tama looks at him in alarm and then grabs a cookie from the basket. “Hey, it’s alright. They gone.” She tells him. “Do you want a cookie?”

The boy sniffs and nods and then accepts the cookie Tama hands him. After he finishes it he looks up at Tama with watery blue-gray eyes. “Thank you.”

Tama smiles. “No problem. I’m Tama. What’s your name?”

“Mo-”

The boy is cut off by a brunette exclaiming, “Mokuba!” as he hurries toward the two. Tama notes that he seems to be her own age.

“Big brother!” The raven-haired child, whose name has been identified to be Mokuba, yells.

The brunette soon reaches them and tightly hugs Mokuba. “Are you okay? I saw you getting picked on but I couldn’t get there in time. They didn’t hurt you did they?” He asks worriedly.

Mokuba shakes his head ‘no’. “She saved me.”
Tama turns a little pink when the brunette looks up at her. “It was nothing. I don’ like mean people like them that think they can pick on kids smaller than them.”

“Thank you for helping him.” Seto says sincerely. He smiles and then holds out his hand for Tama to shake. “I’m Seto.”

Tama smiles as well and then introduces herself. “I’m Tama.”

For the next few minutes the three, mostly Tama and Seto though, talk to one another about random little things until Tama remembers that she’s suppose to be handing out cookies. Then Seto insists on helping her since she helped Mokuba. Mokuba, of course, tags along while the other two hand out the rest of the cookies. All too soon Kojiro comes to retrieve his daughter with Kiba by his side.

Tama reluctantly leaves her new friends, but promises to return to play sometime. Seto and Mokuba look out one of the windows as the tri-color haired girl and her family leaves, hoping that she will be able to come back. To their surprise, the Muto family returns the next weekend with more cookies. And it continues weekend after weekend until a Saturday in December.

It’s an ordinary day; unless the fact that it was Christmas counts. The Muto family arrives at the same time as they usually do with a basket load of gingerbread cookies. Kojiro appears a little nervous, having heard rumors about Gozaburo Kaiba coming to visit the orphanage. Being a company owner himself, Kojiro has heard rumors about how ruthless Gozaburo is and can’t help but fear for the children if the man decides to adopt.

He particularly fears for Seto, who, despite his young age, is a very bright boy and could easily attract the attention of the company owner. Against his will, Kojiro has developed a soft spot for his daughter and now his son’s two orphaned friends. So much of a soft spot that he’s considering something he never thought he would since his wife died. In the past he discussed the idea numerous times with his wife, but since he died the subject lost it’s appeal. Until now.

Kojiro blinks back tears at the thought of his wonderful wife and then shakes his head as if to clear it of those sad thoughts. Then his gaze drifts back toward the four kids who are handing out cookies as they do every weekend. His amethyst eyes soften at the sight and it’s then that he makes up his mind.

Tama giggles at a joke Seto has just told as she hands out another cookie. “I got one.” She says. “What did the man say when he walked into a bar?”

Kiba grins. “I dunno, sis. What’d he say?”

“Ouch!” Tama exclaims, laughing when Mokuba looks worriedly at her and asks if she’s alright. “I fine! It’s part of the joke. He walked into a metal bar so he’s gonna say ‘ouch’ or ‘ow’ or somethin’.”

Mokuba giggles, now getting the joke.

Kiba is about to tell one of his own when his and Tama’s dad walks up to them.

“It’s time to go home.” Kojiro says.

Tama frowns. “But daddy, we haven’t handed out all the cookies yet and I wanted to play with Seto and Mokuba.”

Kojiro smiles softly. “You’ll have plenty of time to play with them once we get home.”

It takes about five seconds for this statement to register in Seto and Kiba’s minds and once those two make an exclamation of some sort, Tama catches on. Mokuba figures it out a few seconds after Tama does.

“Daddy, are they really coming home with us?” Tama asks excitedly.

Kojiro smiles broadly, a warmth filling him for the first time in ages. “That’s right! Seto and Mokuba are going to officially be Seto and Mokuba Muto; your new brothers.” The warmth grows when Tama squeals and hugs her new brothers tightly and Kiba laughs at the expressions on the two’s faces. ‘Nashwa, remember that dream you had of having a big family? I’m finally fulfilling it.’

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A -M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Shiro: And so the plot changes already. I'm going to enjoy working with Seto for this one. (rubs hands together)

Bast: (rolls eyes) Hikari, don't get him too out-of-character.

Shiro: Yeah, but right now he's just a little kid and don't forget that he's going to grow up with a friendly family this time. I do have an idea that will put him more in character though. Just you wait!

Damian: Am I going to be in this one?

Shiro: What do you think?

Damian: (blinks) YES! (does victory dance) I'm in it! I'm in it! I'm-

-BONK!-

Shiro: Knock it off, drama-boy.

Damian: I have a new nickname too! I feel so loved!

Shiro: (groans) Oh goddess...

NEXT TIME: Christmas-y-ness, snow galore, and strange dreams.