Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Chapter 2: Presents ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh, however I do own all of the Original Characters except for three and they belong to my friend. (They'll be mentioned later)

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A- M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Chapter 2

Seto and Mokuba stare in awe at the snow-covered two-story house in front of them once they get out of the car. Tama climbs out behind the two brothers and promptly falls face first into the snow. Kiba laughs at his sister, having already gotten out of the front seat and Kojiro sighs heavily.

“This is where you live?” Seto asks in a small voice.

Tama nods. “Yup! This is where we live. Come on! I’ll show you guys around!” With that being said, the young girl proceeds to drag her new brothers around the house to show them everything. And I mean everything.

It starts off with just the basics; the living room, the kitchen, the bedrooms. Then it spreads to the closets, the bathrooms, the attic, the basement, and the numerous hiding places around the house. By the time she’s done showing them around, Kojiro has already cooked up a quick snack for them all.

“Oooo! Onigiri! I love these!” Tama exclaims happily. She is considerate enough to pass a few to Seto and Mokuba before beginning to scarf down her own. Kiba and their father already have their own plates.

The others watch in amusement as Tama eats the most out of any of them and then looks pleadingly at her father for more.

Kojiro chuckles. “Easy now, baby-dragon. Save room for dinner.”

“What are we having for dinner, daddy?” Tama asks eagerly.

Kiba grins. “We have no idea, sis. We’re heading over to grandpa’s for dinner tonight. It is Christmas, after all.”

After that Tama explains to Seto and Mokuba that their grandfather runs a game shop with the help of their cousin Yugi and every year for Christmas they have dinner with them. After dinner they usually open presents.

While Tama is talking to her new younger brothers, Kiba looks up at his dad, confusion showing in his amethyst eyes. “Dad, what are we going to do about presents for Seto and Mokuba? There’s not much time to go get anything.”

Kojiro smiles mysteriously. “Worry not, Kiba. I’ve got it all under control.”

Kiba doesn’t look very convinced, but he drops the conversation and goes to join in on his sibling’s conversation.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Several hours later the large Muto family has crowded into the living room of Grandpa Muto’s home after eating a large dinner consisting of numerous different foods and Christmas cake. Kojiro is the last to enter the room and he’s carrying a large red bag.

“Alright, who’s ready to open presents?” He asks, looking around the room.

“ME!” Yugi and Tama shout at the same time, jumping up.

The two adults laugh at their excitement and then the two of them begin handing out presents to everyone except for Seto and Mokuba. Then they get to the bottom of the bag.

“And here’s one for Seto and one for Mokuba. And two more for each of you.” Kojiro says, handing one present after another to the two boys.

Their faces light up with childlike wonder as they look at the brightly wrapped gifts, having not received any gifts for a long time. Soon the room is filled with the sounds of ripping paper as each of the kids pick a present to open and then open it at the same time. The process is repeated two more times, which is when it’s only Yugi who has a present left setting in front of him.

“Be careful with this one, Yugi.” Grandpa warns. “It’s very delicate.”

Yugi looks at the box thoughtfully and then carefully begins to untie the ribbon. He gets it off after much hassling with the ribbon and then lifts the lid off the box. He gasps in wonder and reaches in and pulls out a small green snake. “Cool…” Yugi gently reaches out and, after letting the snake “taste” him, strokes the small creatures head softly. “I’m gonna name her Syss.”

Tama giggles. “Can I pet her?”

Yugi nods and holds out his hand toward Tama. The newly named Syss lifts up her head and looks at Tama with her beady black eyes. Then she flicks out her tongue quickly and rests her head back down on Yugi’s hand.

Soon the small snake and Yugi have a small crowd around them, consisting of Tama, Kiba, Seto, and Mokuba. Syss and Yugi are apparently the stars for tonight.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Later that night the five children are found running around outside having a snowball fight. Tama and Yugi have teamed up against Kiba, Mokuba, and Seto and Seto and Mokuba make up another team. Poor Kiba is stuck all alone against his family. Of course, he does have the best “snow fort” out of all of them and he’s older, so it’s actually fair.

Tama laughs as a snowball collides with Yugi’s head and most of it stick there. Yugi retaliates by throwing two snowballs at Seto, and one of them hits. When Mokuba starts laughing, Kiba and Tama both throw a snowball at him and Seto playfully shoves him into the snow. Then they all gang up on Kiba, first by blinding him with snowballs and then by jumping on him.

By the time they head inside that night, they’re all soaking wet, freezing, cold, and in need of a nice cup of hot chocolate.

That night they all sleep over at the Kame Game Shop and by morning they’re all found cuddled up together in a mass of blankets and pillows. Tama’s head is laying on Yugi’s stomach, Seto’s laying beside Tama, Mokuba is draped across both Tama and Seto, and Kiba is beside Yugi rolled over onto his side and facing away from the younger boy.

Kojiro is the first one to see them in the morning, and he manages to snap a few pictures of them before Kiba starts to awaken. Once the oldest child does awaken, Kojiro smiles and quickly hides the camera. Then he bustles off to go make pancakes shaped like Christmas trees and snowmen.

Soon everyone in the home has awakened and the shop is buzzing with energy. Kiba, Yugi, and Seto are discussing something to do with games while Tama and Mokuba take turns weaving a funny little Christmas story about a pink bunny and cookies.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

And so the days progress. Every few weekends the Muto family gets together to goof off and play and they get together for each holiday. Whose house the holiday is spent at depends on who draws the first straw on New Years and after that it alternates between the two houses. Tama and Seto both see Yugi at school each day and every now and then Kiba sees him. Mokuba stays at home since he’s still too young.

At school they befriend a boy with bright purple hair and mint green eyes named Damian Mizu. He’s a month older than Tama, which makes him two months older than Yugi. Surprisingly, he fits right in with the strange family.

Nearly two years pass, which makes Yugi, Damian, and Tama all eight, Seto seven, Mokuba five, and Kiba eleven. Fortunately for Seto, it’s his birthday! That’s right, it’s October 25th and Yugi and Damian are coming over for a sleepover to celebrate the brunette’s birthday.

Tama giggles as she attempts to put a pointed metallic blue birthday hat on Yugi’s head.

“Tama, you know it’s not going to stay on.” Kiba comments as he walks by with a pile of gifts for the second youngest Muto. “I’d give it up now.” He himself had had a hard time getting the hat to stay on his head. Eventually he got so frustrated with it that he tied his hair back into a ponytail.

Mokuba follows after him with two presents, blue-gray eyes shining with excitement. Then he sees Yugi and laughs. “Yugi looks silly! He needs two hats, sissy! Not one!” Then he runs off after Kiba.

Tama laughs and pulls out another hat. “Mokie’s right! You need two hats!” And with that said, she carefully puts the second hat on Yugi’s head and then takes a step back. “Ta-da! All done!”

Yugi sighs with relief and then snaps one onto Tama’s head. “There. Now we all have hats.”

Then the two spot Kojiro walking past without a hat and identical evil smiles form on their faces. The two share a glance and then run off to put two hats on Tama’s dad’s head.

Some time later, after cake has been eaten and the presents have been opened, the five Muto kids plus Damian have assembled themselves in the living room amidst a pile of blankets and pillows. Mokuba and Kiba have long since fallen asleep, worn out from the exciting day. Seto, Damian, Tama, and Yugi are still up and are talking quietly.

“You know, I had the weirdest dream last night.” Yugi comments. “All of us were in it, except for Kiba. But it was really weird.”

“Weird?” Tama questions. “How was it weird?”

Yugi thinks for a moment. “We were old. Older than Kiba. Seto, you were hugging this blonde boy and Tama was sitting in some boy’s lap. I think he had white hair. Mokuba was sitting off to the side laughing at some boy with light blue hair. I’m not really sure what he was laughing at though. And Damian was teasing some girl with dark blonde hair.”

Seto looks at Yugi, puzzled. “How is that a weird dream?”

“There…” Yugi pauses for a moment. “There was another me, but not me. And he… he kissed me!” He glances at Kiba and Mokuba to make sure he didn’t wake them up with the last part of the sentence. “Isn’t that weird?”

“Well… I guess that is a little weird.” Tama says. “But it’s just a silly dream, Yugi. It’s not real. Right, Seto?”

Seto nods. “That’s right. Just a dream. Right, Damian.”

“Yeah, dreams can be silly like that.” Damian contributes. Then he yawns. “I’m going to sleep now. G’night.”

“Night.” Tama and Seto echo, shortly followed by Yugi.

‘Just a silly dream…’ Yugi thinks as he drifts off. ‘Yeah…’

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L -Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Kitsune: You gave Yugi a pet snake...

Shiro: Yup! (holds up Syss) Isn't she cute?

Kitsune: (backs away) Cute?! You call that thing cute? Get it away from me! (runs away when Shiro gets closer)

Shiro: (snickers) I love torturing her.

Keitaro: Bast has been a bad influence on you, Shi-chan.

Shiro: (shrugs) Oh well. (puts Syss away) Pity I forgot about Syss in my chapter planning. Remind me to squeeze her in there somewhere.

Bast: Will do!

Damian: Yay! I was in this chapter! (does victory dance)

Shiro: And now he's become the King of Randomness.

Damian: Yes, and you are my Queen of Randomness, kitten.

Shiro: Sure, why not.

Damian: Yay! (hugs Shiro) And now that I have my queen we shall-

Shiro: Finish that sentence and die.

Damian: You don't really want to kill me, do you?

Shiro: No. And I won't be the one to kill you. (points to Keitaro)

Keitaro: (growling)

Damian: (gulps) Oh... it's the touching thing, isn't it?

Shiro: That and what you were most likely about to say.

Damian: Ahh.... possessive thing, isn't he?

Shiro: (nods) Yup.

Damian: (lets go of Shiro) I think I'll be going now. (runs off)

Keitaro: (glomps Shiro) Mine.

Shiro: (giggles) Always.

NEXT TIME: Moving, the sun, a new friend, and a dog.