Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Chapter 3: Moving ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh, however I do own all of the Original Characters except for one and he belongs to my friend.

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A -M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Chapter 3

It’s a few months after Seto’s birthday that the Muto family receives some bad news and some good news. The good news is that Kojiro has gotten the job he applied for which may eventually help him start his own company. The bad news is that he and his kids will have to move to England because of it. It’s a sad, gray day in February when they leave their cozy home in Domino City, Japan. Damian, Yugi, and Grandpa Sugoroku see them off on the plane, the two younger boys hiding their tears until the others have already left on the plane.

Tama openly cries into Seto’s shirt once they’re on the plane and Mokuba soon follows. Even Seto can’t help but cry. Meanwhile Kiba stares blankly out the window and Kojiro looks helplessly at his children. ‘I hate seeing them upset like this… but it is for the best. I’m sure they’ll like it in London.’

Hours later Tama can be found asleep with her head laying on Seto‘s shoulder. Mokuba is asleep in Tama’s lap all curled up and is hugging a stuffed animal puppy he got for his birthday. Seto has one arm around them both and is slowly drifting off to sleep. Across the aisle, Kojiro is reading a book and Kiba’s suffering from a combination of altitude sickness and motion sickness. Poor thing.

Several more hours later and the family of five has arrived in London and Kojiro goes to rent a car so they can get to their new home. He eventually finds one that they will all fit into, rents it, and puts the luggage that they are carrying in the back while the kids get into the van. Soon they’re off to their new home just outside of London.

It’s nighttime by the time they arrive, so they don’t get much of a chance to see what the house and yard looks like, let alone the neighborhood. Instead they head inside with their suitcases and Kojiro gives them a tour of the small, three-bedroom house. He shows them the bedrooms last, intending it to be a good surprise for them.

“And here, is your three’s room.” He gestures to Tama, Seto, and Mokuba. “Welcome to the Dragon’s Den.” He says, opening the night-sky painted door with a flourish.

The three gasp and look at their room in awe. The walls are painted an off-white, almost creamy color and the only thing in the room is the triple decker bunk bed set up against the wall. What really sticks out are the dragons that have been carefully painted on the wall and partially onto the ceiling, which has been painted the same as the door. There are five dragons painted on the walls; the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, the Red Eyes Black Dragon, and the three Chaotic Dragons of Light, Darkness, and Shadow.

Kojiro chuckles at the look of amazement on each of his children’s faces, including Kiba’s. “Alright you three, go on to bed. It’s getting late.”

“I call middle bunk!” Tama yells, running across the room and springing easily into the middle bunk bed.

Mokuba laughs. “I want the lowest bunk!” Then he too runs across the room and climbs onto the bunk bed.

Seto mock-sighs in frustration. “Darn, I guess I have to take the top bunk. Oh, I’m so disappointed.”

Tama and Mokuba both giggle while Kojiro chuckles and Kiba grins.

Soon the three youngest are all tucked into bed, and Mokuba has already fallen asleep. Kojiro leads Kiba off to his room at this time. Kiba’s room is done up in the same style as the other three’s room, except without the dragons. Instead he has a more Egyptian theme with pyramids, hieroglyphics, and a phoenix painted onto the walls.

Soon all of the lights in the house are out and each of its residents are fast asleep.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama happily stretches her arms in the air, letting the sunlight hit her full in the face. “Mou, it’s such a wonderful morning, ne Seto-kun?”

Seto steps out of the house right behind Tama and right beside his is Mokuba. “It’s certainly bright.”

Tama grins. “It’s called the sun, Seto. And you’re not suppose to look at it.” She teases.

Mokuba giggles and Seto rolls his eyes, but he can’t help but smile.

Tama hops down the three porch steps and then turns around to look at her brothers. “Do you guys think there are any kids close by that we can play with?”

Seto shrugs. “Dunno.”

There’s silence between the three while Mokuba and Seto walk down the steps. Then Mokuba comes up with an idea and runs forward and taps Tama on the arm. “You’re it!” He says with a giggle before running off toward the backyard.

As Tama turns around to tag Seto the brunette takes off running after Mokuba. Laughing, the tri-color haired girl runs after the two, determined to tag one of them.

Next door a boy around Tama and Seto’s age peers out of a window on the second floor. His brown eyes widen slightly in surprise and then he walks away from the window.

Tama laughs as she and Mokuba run around the yard trying to avoid Seto. Then she trips over her own feet and falls flat on her face. Seto stops himself just in time before he steps on her and trips and falls on her.

“Tama, are you alright?” Seto asks.

Tama pushes herself up onto her knees and brushes off the little scrapes she’s gotten. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

Seto grins. “Well, in that case,” He taps her on the head. “you’re it.” He’s back to running at once and Tama is soon chasing after him. None of them notice the white-haired boy peering over the fence until the wood starts cracking and the board he’s one comes loose, sending the boy tumbling into the Muto’s yard.

Tama gasps and rushes forward to help him. “Are you alright?” Spotting a scrape on his arm, Tama looks to Seto. “Seto-nii-chan, go get otou-san and tell him we need the first aide kit.”

Seto nods and then rushes off into the house to retrieve their dad and Mokuba hovers nearby worriedly, not knowing what to do to help. Tama tries to distract the boy by talking to him.

“I’m Mu- I mean, Tamashira Muto, but I go by Tama. That’s my little brother Mokuba and the other boy is my brother Seto. I’ve got an older brother too. His name’s Kiba.” She chatters.

“I’m Ryou Bakura.” He says softly. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Seto comes running out of the house with Kiba in tow. Kiba s carrying a large first aide kit that he and their dad have put together.

“I couldn’t find otou-san so I got aniki.” Seto apologizes.

Kiba sits down beside Ryou and opens the first aide kit with a sigh. Then he pulls out a large band-aide and Neosporin and quickly applies it to the wound. It’s safe to say he’s used to this because of how often Tama gets hurt because of her clumsy-ness.

“Aniki, this is Ryou Bakura.” Tama says. “Bakura-kun, this is our big brother, Kiba.”

Ryou shyly smiles. “Hello. … Thanks for the band-aide.”

Kiba smiles. “No problem! Tama’s always getting hurt, so I’m used to bandaging up people. Now, if you’ll excuse me,” he hands the first aide kit to Seto, figuring it will be need before too long. Then he stands up. “I have go finishing unpacking. Something you three should be doing.” Seto, Mokuba, and Tama look away. “It’s nice to meet you, Bakura-chan.” Kiba gives a short bow and then goes back into the house.

“Hey, Bakura-kun, do you want to play with us?” Tama asks.

“Sure.” Ryou replies just as quietly as ever.

“Can we call you Ryou?” Mokuba asks, practically clinging to Seto. “Back home it’s polite to call people by their last name, but I’m not sure how it goes here.”

Ryou hesitates for a moment before nodding. “Okay. Mokuba-kun.” (1)

Tama smiles. “Great! You can call us by our first names so it doesn’t get confusing. So, who wants to play hide-and-seek?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Needless to say, they become good friends with Ryou. Tama especially likes playing with him and the two spend most of their time together stargazing and playing board games. When Seto and Mokuba and occasionally Kiba and Kojiro join them they run around the yard, play cards and large-group board games, and watch movies. Strangely, this is all discovered in the course of three days.

Now it’s Monday and it’s Tama, Seto, and Kiba’s first day of school. Seto and Tama are surprised to find that they’re in the same class as Ryou, although they are happy that they are.

The three can now help one another with their work and will always have someone to play with during recess.

By the end of the week, Ryou is willing to count Tama and Seto as his best friends and Kiba and Mokuba as friends. He’s also starting to open up more around them and not being quite so quiet.

Then comes the dog. He is large and wolf-like with a black coat and silver-blue eyes. He is also underweight and his ribs can be seen. And he’s the friendliest dog in the world. The kids instantly love him.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Tama giggles as the dog nudges his wet nose at her throat and then licks her cheek. She, Ryou, Seto, Mokuba, and Kiba are all sitting in the Muto’s backyard around the dog.

Mokuba shies away from the large animal, sticking close to Seto. Kiba watches the dogs movements and eyes carefully to make sure the dog won’t hurt anyone. Thankfully, the dog is enjoying the attention and the last thing on his mind is to hurt them.

Now Ryou giggles as the dog sticks his nose in his ear and blows noisily.

“Hey, what’s going on out here?” Kojiro asks, stepping into the backyard. “Who’s this?”

“Otou-san, can we keep him, please? Onegai?” Tama begs. “Pretty please?”

“Yeah, otou-san, please?” Mokuba begs as well. He may be a little wary of the large dog, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like him.

Then Seto and Kiba join in and even Ryou looks hopeful and Kojiro can’t help but cave in.

“Alright. What are you going to name them?” He asks them all.

The five kids converse for a moment before deciding on a name.

“Padfoot!” (2)

Kojiro sweat drops, wondering exactly where they go that name. “Okay, Padfoot it is. So who wants to come with me to buy food and stuff for our new companion?”

“Me!” Kiba, Seto, and Mokuba shout.

Kojiro laughs. “Alright. I’m going to ask Ms. Smith to baby-sit you two. You cause far too much trouble when you’re alone.” He says to Tama. Then he waves to the old lady who’s their other neighbor and walks over to the fence to talk to her.

And so they gain a new friend to play with.

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M -I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Words:
nii-chan: brother
otou-san: dad
aniki: older brother
onegai: please

(1) Explanation for Ryou's use of 'Mokuba-kun'; he's lived in Japan during some point in his life but has lived in England longer. I know in the actual show he never even lived in England, but this is an AU and a fanfiction.

(2) Padfoot: Three guesses as to where I got this name, first two don't count. I wish I had gone with Buddy, which was the original name I picked out...

0-0-0-0

Shiro: (sighs) The others are all sleeping, so I'm left all alone.

Kaze: (sarcastically) What am I? A piece of lint?

Shiro: (ignoring Kaze) Are things getting interesting yet? I know it seems to be moving kind of fast, but I want to get to the "action-filled" plot.

Kaze: (snorts) Action-filled, yeah right.

Shiro: (still ignoring Kaze) Feel free to ask any questions you like. If I can answer them, I will.

NEXT CHAPTER: Death, birthday blues, tape, and games.