Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Chapter 12: Back to Domino! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Saying I own Yugioh is like saying the world ended on June 6, 2006. It hasn't happened and it's not gonna happen. (Obviously, as it's way past that date)

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M -I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Chapter 12

April 2006- England

Strike. Parry. Step. Strike. Duck. Step. Strike.

Riiiiiip.

“Seto, this is a new shirt!” Tama shouts. “Do you have any idea how hard a fish net shirt is to fix?!”

“Very hard.” Seto replies. “Which is precisely the reason why I told you not to wear that shirt for this.”

“It’s part of my fighting outfit.” Tama retorts.

“Naruto otaku!” Mokuba shouts from the sidelines.

Kojiro chuckles as the teenagers begin bickering light-heartedly. Eventually all of them begin laughing at some off-the-wall comment that Seto has made and Tama’s obvious retort.

“So much for sparring before we split up.” Kojiro comments to himself before directing a question towards his kids. “I feel like consuming an unhealthy amount of ice cream now. Who’s with me?”

Tama and Mokuba cheer as they run into the house chanting, “Ice cream, ice cream!”

“Wait for me!” Kiba yells, chasing after them.

Malik and Seto exchange glances and then run after their family members. Kojiro collects the dagger and numerous other pointy weapons from the yard before he goes inside. When he enters the kitchen he discovers that they’ve scooped a bunch of different ice creams into the biggest bowl in the house and have added Hershey’s hard shell, M&M’s, sprinkles, and cool whip to it.

Tama and Malik engage themselves in a spoon fight with Mokuba cheering for Tama and Kiba cheering for Malik. Seto is commentating the ‘fight’.

All of them are determined to stay happy and not cry for the entire day. Why? Because the next day Kojiro will be going to New York City to oversee the building of a Muto Gaming Company building and will be staying a while to make sure everything runs smoothly. He also has to discuss some business with Pegasus J. Crawford and will be traveling out to California to do so.

Kiba is going to head to Egypt to do some research for a game he’s working on and to see if he can find his and Tama's mother’s old home.

Everyone else, Seto, Malik, Tama, and Mokuba, is going to move back to Domino City, Japan where they’ll be close to their grandpa and cousin, Yugi. Unknown to the four of them, Kojiro has arranged a pleasant surprise for them.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“I can’t believe there are no taxi’s.” Tama mutters. “This thing is heavy.” She glares at the suitcase she now has to carry, because one of the wheels is broken.

“It’s your fault for packing so much.” Malik tells her. “So, Seto, how much further until we get there?”

“We have one more road to go.” Seto replies. “But does anyone get the feeling we’ve been here before? I know you don’t, Malik.” He says before the blonde can open his mouth.

Tama looks around. “It looks a little familiar. I think the game shop is straight ahead. And there’s the Kaiba Corp skyscraper.” She points to the tall, shiny skyscraper that rises above the rest.

“Very flashy. Stupid rich guy.” Malik comments.

“You do realize that daddy is one of those ‘stupid rich guys’.” Tama says teasingly.

“Don’t make me tickle you in the middle of the sidewalk.” Malik threatens.

“I dare--”

“I dare you both to be quiet and help me look for the damn road.” Seto interrupts. “According to Kiba’s map it should be around here somewhere.”

Tama looks at the map in Seto’s hands with distrust. “Seto, you do realize that by using Kiba’s map there is a good chance of us getting lost, right?”

Seto sighs and shoves the crudely made map into his pocket. “Right. Who wants to go ask where Taiga Road is?”

After a brief discussion and having Tama ask a few people walking by, the group of teenagers finds the correct road and begin trying to fin the house Kojiro bought.

After they check the number of every house on the road, they reach the last one that has a moving van in the driveway. All four of them sweat drop.

“Well, I feel incredibly stupid now. How about you guys?” Tama asks.

“Yeah. This is where we used to live and none of us even noticed!” Mokuba exclaims.

The three older teens, particularly Seto and Tama, stare at Mokuba in something akin to shock.

“And now I feel really stupid.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

After taking a look around the house and showing Malik everything that hasn’t changed, Seto heads out to Domino Jr. High and Domino High to make sure their dad registered them at the schools. He also gets the task of getting their school uniforms.

Meanwhile, Malik, Mokuba, and Tama begin unpacking boxes starting with plates, bowls, cups, and silverware. They then head to their rooms to begin unpacking clothes.

Seto returns while they are doing so.

“I’m home!” He calls after stepping into the house. “Come get your school uniforms!”

Tama, who’s refolding a shirt to put away in her and Malik’s dresser, sighs and sarcastically mutter, “Great, more clothes to put away.”

In his and Seto’s room, Mokuba giggles. ‘This should be interesting. Tama always hates the school uniforms for girls.’

Malik is having similar thoughts.

A few minutes pass, but eventually they are all in the kitchen to get their uniforms. Although Malik does have to practically drag Tama to the room.

Seto hands out the boxes the uniforms are in and prepares himself for what Tama’s going to say about her uniform. He won’t blame her for being upset, since he thinks they’re horrible himself.

Tama opens the box and promptly glares at the uniform. Then she pokes it. When it doesn’t spontaneously combust or do any damage to her finger, she picks up the horrible pink and blue thing. “You’re going to suffer a horrible, untimely accident that involves bleach or red dye or both.” She tells it.

The three boys sweat drop.

“At least your reaction this time isn’t as bad as the last one.” Mokuba says. “And that one didn’t have any pink on it.”

Tama scowls in remembrance. “Yeah, but I couldn’t do anything at all to that uniform since there was actually something in the rulebook about that. Apparently here in Domino they aren’t that smart.”

“What a wonderful thing to hear…” Seto mutters sarcastically. “Well, if you’re already planning on pissing off the teacher, why not confuse everyone while you’re at it?”

Tama’s eyes light up. “What’s your idea?”

“I’ll tell you over dinner.” Seto says. “Lets go out and celebrate our return to Domino City.”

“Good idea. Although I don’t think Domino City will be celebrating our return.” Mokuba remarks. “After all, wherever we go we take trouble with us. Right Mr. Big-shot-Blue-Eyes duelist?” He teases.

“Domino City will just have to suffer then.” Tama says cheerfully. “Now lets go with Seto’s idea and get some food! I’m starving!”

“Nothing fast food or a restaurant revolving around meat!” Malik says.

“Agreed.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Mali k, Tama, Mokuba, and Seto get up early the next morning and eat a light breakfast before getting ready and going to their school’s early.

Malik, Seto, and Tama walk Mokuba to the Jr. High first and then head to their own. The three arrive just early enough to get their schedules, compare them, and find out where their homerooms are located.

“I’ve got room two-D for homeroom, History for first, then Drama, then English--”

Malik cuts Tama off. “Advanced English or normal English?” He asks in a teasing tone.

“Advanced. Fourth I have Advanced Geometry, and last I have Chemistry.” She finishes.

“I’ve got room two-B for homeroom, Advanced Chemistry first, Drama second, then Advanced English, then Advanced Geometry, and last is History.” Seto says.

“Neat. I’ve got room two-B for homeroom, then History, Drama is second, then Advanced English, then Advanced Geometry, and last is Biology two.” Malik says.

Tama and Seto look at Malik in surprise. “How’d you manage Bio two? We aren’t taking that until next year.”

“Because that one year I had two science classes.” Malik reminds them.

“Science geek.” Tama and Seto tease.

Malik ignores them like he always does and merely comments something along the lines of, “At least I’m not a technological junkie who practically worships computers and video games.”

Seto smirks. “He has learnt well, yes?”

“Yes, he has.” Tama replies. “Shall we head off? According to half of the working clocks in this hallway, the bell for homeroom will ring any minute now.”

Malik almost laughs. “Yeah, you don’t want to make a bad impression, huh, Tama.”

Tama glances down the uniform she’s wearing with a happy smile on her face. She’s wearing one of Malik’s school uniform’s after allowing the blonde to run it through the washer and dryer, since Malik is the only one who can shrink things. “You’re not impressed?”

“Actually, I am impressed by Seto’s plan. You’d never think of him as an evil genius.” Malik says. “That’s more of ours and Mokuba’s area of expertise. Now, I have a plan to suggest.”

“And what would that be?” Tama asks.

“Onward to homeroom!” Malik yells, charging forward into the growing crowd.

Tama and Seto watch for a moment before Tama asks, “Do you think he knows that he’s going to wrong way and if so, should we tell him?”

Seto watches for a moment longer. “Who knows with Malik. Either way, he’ll figure out where to go eventually.”

The two watch as Malik pauses down the hall, smacks his forehead, and turns around and comes back.

“Wrong way.” He says sheepishly.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Five minutes into homeroom in room 2-B, Malik and Seto are standing at the front of the classroom being introduced to everyone.

“What made you think the classroom was the other way?” Seto quietly asks.

“I dunno. I just saw something down the hall and wanted to know what it was.” Malik quietly replies.

“So what was it?”

“A bathroom.”

Seto resists the urge to bang his head against the wall. That wouldn’t fit the ‘image’ he wants to produce for school time. He’s going with his new favorite ‘I’m-a-cold-bastard-so-leave-me-the-hell-alone’ routine. He just wants an excuse to keep pushy girls at a distance.

“Everyone, it appears we have two new students joining our homeroom. This is Seto Muto and Malik Ishtar.” The teacher gestures to them individually as he says their names. “It says here that they’re transferring from England. Perhaps you’ll get along well with Ryou Bakura over there. He lived in England at one time, I believe.” He looks around the classroom. “Just pick a seat and the rest of you can get back to your gossiping.

“Seto, over here!” Yugi waves an arm in the air in hopes of getting the brunette’s attention over the explosion of noise.

“C’mon.” Seto mutters to Malik. “That’s our cousin, Yugi Muto.”

“Great! Now we have someone who can show us around. This school’s confusing. Who uses letters to number doors, anyway?” Malik complains.

“Apparently this school.” Seto says.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Malik, Yugi, Tama, Anzu, and Katsuya walk into History class as a small, laughing group.

“So I’m in homeroom being introduced and over half of the girls are drooling at me while just about all of the guys are glaring at me.” Tama begins laughing and has to force herself to stop so she can continue. “And then I take my seat amidst a crowd of girls and they all started flirting with me! I’ve never been so amused in my life. Do I really look that much like a guy?”

“I have to admit, when I first saw you I thought you were a guy.” Anzu comments. “It’s defiantly the uniform that does it. Why are you wearing the guy’s uniform anyway?”

“It’s a bit of a joke.” Malik tells the others. “Tama discovered in the dress code section of the school rules that you have to wear a school uniform and the proper shoes. It said nothing about what uniform or what shoes, so when Tama mentioned this, Seto came up with this wonderful plan.”

“Seto?” Katsuya asks. “You mean the cold brunette guy who glares at everyone and speaks down to everyone? He’s almost worse than Kaiba!”

“Kaiba?” Malik and Tama ask in unison.

The group of five go take their seats in a corner of the room while Yugi explains so that Katsuya doesn’t get too angry before class.

“Noa Kaiba. He’s the CEO of Kaiba Corporation. Nobody’s sure about what it produces anymore, but they produced weapons under his father.” Yugi says. “He doesn’t get along with anyone and always acts superior over everyone.”

“He calls me a mutt.” Katsuya growls. “A mutt! Can you believe that?!”

Anzu sighs and pats Katsuya on the shoulder. “Don’t worry, Jounouchi. We know you’re not a mutt.”

Katsuya calms down a little. “Thanks, Anzu.”

The bell screeches and everyone cringes at the noise. It’s almost as bad as the fire alarms! The teacher walks in and everyone takes a seat.

“I believe we have two new students with us today. Everyone, give a warm welcome to Tamashira Muto and… Malick Ishtar.”

“I got by Tama, sir.” Tama speaks up.

“And my name is Malik. Not Malick.” Malik says.

The teacher looks mildly annoyed at being corrected, but instead of commenting, he just begins class.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

First, second, and third period classes pass by quickly. Now the group is at lunch together and they’ve decided to eat outside in the shade. Yugi gets to handle the last of the introductions.

“Everyone who hasn’t already, I’d like you to meet my cousin’s Tama and Seto Muto and Malik Ishtar.” Yugi says. “All three of you know Jounouchi and Anzu. The others are Honda, Miho, and Bakura.”

Seto and Malik curse mentally when they notice Ryou sitting quietly against the oak tree that is providing their shade.

“It’s nice to meet you all.” Tama says politely. Her eyes flicker to Ryou for a brief moment before she turns to Seto. “Do you think it’s safe to take off my jacket off now?”

Seto looks around to see how many people are outside and then he nods.

Tama sighs in relief. “Finally.” She carefully unbuttons the jacket and shrugs it off. Underneath it she’s wearing a light blue tank top with a black dragon on it. “I’ve felt like a complete idiot all day with that thing buttoned all the way up.” She glances over at Seto. “Speaking of which… Seto, you look like a complete idiot.”

Keeping up his cold façade, Seto glares at Tama, who shrugs it off and sits down with the rest of the group.

While Tama’s talking to the others, Malik pulls Seto over to the side.

“She still doesn’t remember him.” Malik says, glancing at Ryou for a moment before looking back at Seto. “And it doesn’t look like he remembers us.”

“Maybe it’s for the best.” Seto says. “None of us know what even happened on that day except for those two. Dad thinks that Tama’s mind blocked it out and in doing so she blocked out all her memories of Ryou. Maybe the same thing happened to Ryou.”

“So their minds made up new memories to replace the ones with each other in it?” Malik asks.

“No.” Seto says. “Kiba thinks that their minds erased one another and put somebody else in it’s place. Of course, now we know that Ryou doesn’t recognize any of us, so most likely he remembers nothing except for school.”

“So… what’s going to happen if they remember one another? Or if one remembers but the other doesn’t?” Malik questions.

Seto frowns. “I don’t know. Things would be stressed for a while, but maybe they’d be able to pick up their friendship. It all depends on what happened that night and how much it’s going to haunt them.”

The two look over at their new friends and Tama, where they’re passing around lunch boxes to see who cooks the best.

“This is good! Did you make this, Tama?” Anzu asks.

Tama shakes her head ‘no’. “My little brother Mokuba did!” She says proudly.

This makes the topic turn to younger siblings, but soon it’s just Katsuya and Tama talking. Then Tama mentions Seto being younger than her, which Katsuya finds hilarious. Tama goes on to say that she’s a younger sibling as well and then tells the others a little about Kiba.

Lunch flies by. In fact, the entire day goes by quickly.

When school is out, Tama talks Seto and Malik into going home without her to start on dinner while she walks with Katsuya to get Mokuba. She also wants to meet Katsuya’s little sister.

On the way to the Jr. High school, the two talk about their interests, their family, and some random things. The topic they linger on the longest is cooking.

“Do you have any recipe’s I can try out?” Katsuya asks. “I’ve checked the school’s library for books with different recipe’s, but they don’t have any. And I don’t have time to go to the public library. The closest one is hours away from where I live.”

“I’ve got some books and stuff that I can let you borrow. I’ll bring them tomorrow.” Tama promises. “There’s the Jr. High! Race you!”

The two take off running down the sidewalk, dodging around people and objects that are also on the sidewalk. The two skid to a halt outside the school’s gates, nearing crashing into the wall and each other when Tama trips.

Five seconds after this, Mokuba comes out at full speed.

“TAMA!!!!” A blur of black happily shouts, running toward them. The blur of black is, of course, Mokuba. Ignoring all of the people on the sidewalk who are staring at them, he tackle-hugs Tama.

Tama just laughs, completely used to it. “Nice to see you too, Mokuba. Did you have a good day at school?”

Mokuba nods. “Yup! Did you?”

“It was as good as it gets. A lot of people thought I was a boy at first though. Including Jounouchi here.” Tama replies. “Jounouchi, this is my little brother Mokuba. Mokuba, this is Katsuya Jounouchi.”

Mokuba looks at Katsuya for a moment with a questioning look in his eyes. “Are you related to Shizuka?”

Katsuya nods. “Yeah, she’s my little sister.”

“Oh… she stayed after a few minutes to talk to the teacher about something.” Mokuba says. “I think she forgot to do her homework or something.”

Katsuya frowns. ‘That’s odd. Sis always gets her homework done. I hope she’s alright.’

“Big brother!”

The group of three turns to see Shizuka hurrying off the school grounds with tears in her eyes.

Katsuya’s heart lurches, his mind automatically jumping to the worst possible scenario as Shizuka runs right up to him and tightly hugs her brother.

“Shizuka, what’s wrong?” Katsuya asks frantically. “Did someone say something to you? ‘Cause if they did I’ll-” He stops when Shizuka shakes her head back and forth.

“My eyesight…” She whispers. “Big brother, it’s getting worse.”

Katsuya stiffins and then tightly hugs his sister, tears prickling his eyes. ‘Damn it… why Shizuka? Why my baby sister? She’s done nothing! Nothing…’

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O -N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Shiro: I decided to put the whole 'Shizuka's eyesight' thing into this one.

Damian: We noticed. So where am I at? Will I be in there soon? Will I?

Shiro: You, Ashling, Nixx, Riley, and Liam get a large part of chapter 15. So chill out and wait.

Damian: Yay! I get to be in a large part of a chapter! Woo-hoo! (hugs Shiro)

Keitaro: (growls)

Shiro: (sighs) Yes, yes. I know you're happy, but could you please let go?

Damian: I'm going to go tell the others! (runs off)

Shiro: I'm pretty sure they already know... I'm surprised he doesn't, him being in my head and all.

Keitaro: He has to hear it for himself. (sneaks over and hugs Shiro)

Shiro: (twitches) Alright... that's it! We're going to end this once and for all! (grabs Keitaro's hand and drags him backstage to find Damian)

NEXT CHAPTER: A weekend get-together, games, and the mall.