Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Family Bonds ❯ Chapter 13: Fun, Games, and Shopping ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Saying I own Yugioh is like saying the world ended on June 6, 2006. It hasn't happened and it's not gonna happen. (Obviously, as it's way past that date) I also don't own the games Twister or DDR. Oh, and I don't own Hot Topic, which is briefly mentioned.

NOTE- I am now putting story news on my livejournal. (Please see my profile for the link.) It'll be some random stuff along with little sneak previews of the next chapter. Already have a sneak peak for chapter 14 up!

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I -L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

Chapter 13

Early on a Saturday morning, Tama and Mokuba bustle about the house preparing for their guests while Seto sits at the kitchen table with his laptop. Malik is off exploring the town on his motorcycle and is suppose to pick up some snacks.

Five days have passed since the four Muto’s moved back to Domino City and met the others. In an effort to get to know their new friends better, Tama has invited Yugi, Katsuya, Shizuka, Honda, and Anzu over. It had started with just Yugi, Katsuya, and Shizuka, but then the others heard and after talking to Seto, Malik, and Mokuba, she decided to invite them as well.

“Do you think they’ll be shocked by us?” Mokuba asks as he fills a tea kettle with water. “With Seto dressed the way he is and you with all your jewelry on.” He gestures to the gold Tama’s wearing.

“That’s what we live for.” Tama replies. “Seto, are you going to wear your earrings?” She asks as she’s leaving the kitchen.

Seto looks up from his laptop. “I’m put them on as soon as I’m finished with this.” He calls after her. Then he eyes the tea kettle that Mokuba is setting on the gas stove. “Caffeinated or decaffeinated?”

“Your choice. We’ve got the herbal and other flavored tea as well.” Mokuba replies.

“Green tea for me.” Seto says.

Tama returns with Seto’s earrings and sets them down on the table by him. “Here you go. Mokuba,” She looks to her youngest sibling. “what’s the time?”

Mokuba carefully jumps off of the counter. He had gotten up there to reach the tray on the very top shelf of the cabinet. “Five minutes to go. Did you get out the games?”

Tama nods. “Yup. And I found extra pieces for monopoly if we don’t do partners.”

“This is going to be fun!” Mokuba exclaims. “It’s been a long time since we had anyone over.”

Seto shoots Mokuba a warning look when it looks like he’s about to continue. Tama doesn’t notice.

The doorbell rings.

“They’re here!” Mokuba and Tama chorus before racing each other to the door.

Seto shakes his head in amusement and takes this moment to put in his earrings. Then he pretends to focus back on his laptop while he listens to the conversation going on in the hallway.

“I hope we’re not too early.” Yugi can be heard saying. “Jounouchi wanted to start out early just in case we got lost on the way here. I told him we wouldn’t.”

“Well you never know!” Katsuya says defensively.

Seto smirks when he heard the blonde. During that past week, he has discovered a fun way to pass time while at school. Seto calls it, “annoying Jounouchi”. Tama calls it “mean”.

“You have a beautiful house.” Shizuka says politely.

“Thank you.” Mokuba and Tama say in unison.

There’s a moment of silence before, “You know, Yugi, you shouldn’t wear your school uniform on weekends.” Tama comments.

“Why not?” Yugi asks.

There’s a pause before Tama says, “Because it’s silly. Take the weekends to wear something that really expresses who you are. Me, Mokuba, Seto, and Malik do.”

“And if you had your way you wouldn’t wear any uniform at all.” Mokuba teases. “Now come out of the doorway, guys. You’re letting the hot air in.”

“Where are the other two?” Honda asks, trying not to sound too worried.

Seto smirks and nearly chuckles, remembering Malik’s “sudden” spurts of maniacal laughter he did randomly at points during the day when they were around the others. Of course his, “I poisoned the apple and am going to feed it to some poor, unsuspecting mortal. Do you want it, Jounouchi?” comment didn’t help at all. As for Seto, he’s done nothing wrong, exactly, but he has been rather cold and glares at them all. He finds it funny.

“Malik’s out riding his motorcycle and promised to bring back snacks later.” Mokuba says. “And big brother is in the kitchen working on something on his laptop.”

The tea kettle begins whistling and Mokuba rushes ahead of the group to cut off the stove. The others enter the room as Mokuba’s getting out cups and arranging them on the tray.

Katsuya is the last one to walk in and he stops short at the sight of Seto sitting relaxed on a kitchen chair, two earrings in each ear, his hair falling messily in his eyes without the use of hairspray, dressed in dark blue jeans and a black shirt that reads, “Bow before your master”.

Seto looks up at Katsuya in amusement, taking in the blonde’s tattered jeans, faded blue t-shirt, and jean jacket.

“Who wants tea?” Mokuba asks, interrupting whatever thoughts are running through their minds. “I know Seto wants green tea and I’m having strawberry tea, but what does everyone else want?”

Seto smirks. “How about dog bone flavored for the puppy.”

Katsuya growls, his face turning slightly red. “I’m not a dog, Muto!”

“I know that. You’re just a puppy.”

“I’m not a canine!”

“Big word for you, puppy.”

Mokuba and the others sigh as the two continue on and on. When they show no signs of stopping anytime soon, Mokuba takes everyone else’s order and then Tama leads them across the hall to the living room.

“Tama, I have a question.” Anzu says after looking at a Dark Magician Girl plushy that’s laying on a table.

Tama gently takes the sai that Honda picked up and sets it back on the shelf it was on. “What is it?” She asks.

“Just out of curiosity, why didn’t you invite Bakura to join us?” Anzu asks.

Tama’s eyes flicker to a violet color for a second and then go right back to their normal lilac color. “I… I don’t know.” She admits. “So, who wants to play a game?” She changes the subject. “We’ve got monopoly, a ton of card games, Twister, DDR,” She gestures to the television. “and a bunch of Playstation 2 games.”

Anzu’s eyes linger on DDR for a moment. “Does anybody want to dance?” She asks hopefully.

“I’ll go if we don’t play Twister.” Tama volunteers. “And Seto and Malik are both pretty good. Try challenging Malik when he gets back.” She suggests.

Anzu nods.

Twister sounds like fun.” Shizuka says. “Can we play that first.”

“We’re playing Twister?” Mokuba questions as he enters the room with the tea tray. “If we are, then go tell the lover boys who are still arguing. If you can call it an argument.” He mutters the last part under his breath.

Tama rolls her eyes. “I’ll go get them. You guys choose our first game.” She heads back across the hallway to get the other two while Mokuba sets the tray down on the living room table and hands out the cups of tea.

“Lets take a vote.” Mokuba suggests. “Whoever wants to play Twister, raise your hand.”

Shizuka and Honda raise their hands.

“Okay, so that’s two plus Tama and I.” Mokuba says. “Which makes it four people who want to play.” He looks at Yugi and Anzu. “You guys can play another game if you really don’t want to play Twister. Or you can watch and spin for us.”

“I’ll spin.” Yugi volunteers. “I’m not very good at this game anyway.”

Tama ushers a disappointed Seto and an angry Katsuya into the room with a smile on her face. “So, what’s the game?”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Anzu, Mokuba, Yugi, Shizuka, and Honda watch Tama, Seto, and Katsuya in amazement.

“Who’s have thought Jounouchi could bend like that? Not me, that’s for sure.” Honda comments.

Seto, Katsuya, and Tama are the only ones remaining on the Twister mat. Tama is beneath both Katsuya and Seto and is having a difficult time staying upright with her arms criss-crossing and her feet just far apart enough that they aren’t helping her balance.

Seto is bent over Katsuya’s stomach, as the blonde has somehow managed to bend over backwards to reach one of the dots he needs. The two of them aren’t having too much difficulty at the moment, but that could easily change in this game.

“Tama, left leg yellow.” Mokuba says.

Tama looks around for an unoccupied yellow dot and groans when she finds there’s only one open and that it’s up past her right foot. “Mokuba, you know very well that there is no possible way for me to do that unless I move my right foot.”

“No moving feet!” Mokuba reminds cheerfully. “This is the Ultimate Round.”

“I give up. I know my limits.” Tama says, carefully crawling off the mat without bumping into the two boys. She stands p and brushes imaginary dirt off her cloths before looking at Seto and Katsuya. “Good luck boys. You’ve entered the lightning round now. Who knows what will happen.”

“Jounouchi, left hand bottom corner red.” Mokuba says. “It’s on the side labeled ‘bottom’.” He adds.

Katsuya looks around for it and sighs when he finds it. Carefully, he shifts his weight onto his right side and lifts up his left hand. Then he moves it past his right hand and lays it on the red dot.

“Great! Seto…”

The game continues on with the two getting more and more twisted up together.

“My, my. What strong, flexible men we have here.” Tama comments during one of Seto’s turns.

Shizuka giggles and Anzu laughs while the others look a little clueless. Then Mokuba grins and Seto mutters something about crazy sisters.

They eventually tire of the game, with neither Katsuya nor Seto falling or giving up. They choose to call it a draw and they all move on to their next activity; card games and DDR challenges.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Malik zooms through town on his motorcycle looking for a good place to stop and get some snacks. He’s been driving around to check out everything for over and hour and has finally decided that it’s time to get the snacks Tama asked for and Mokuba begged for.

Malik takes his eyes off the road for a moment to glance at the stores and then looks back at the road. He curses when he sees someone crossing the road in front of him and quickly brakes while turning to go around the person. He stops quickly and turns off the bike to see who it is.

“Ryou!” Malik exclaims in surprise. “I mean, uh… Bakura, are you alright?” He corrects his slip-up.

Ryou nods. “I’m fine. Thank you.”

Malik takes off his helmet and clips it to his motorcycle before pushing the bike over to the curb so it’s out of the way of the angry people in cars who are honking. “Are you sure?” He asks.

Ryou nods for a second time. “I need to be going now. I’m sorry I can’t stay.”

As Ryou turns to go, Malik’s eyes darken and his hair spikes up.

Mariku grabs Ryou’s arm and pulls him back, only it’s not Ryou who looks back at him. Ryou has soft brown eyes and tame white hair, the boy in front of him has fierce mahogany eyes and wild white hair.

Bakura’s eyes narrow when Mariku smirks and says, “Long time no see, old partner.”

Bakura continues glaring and jerks his hand from Mariku’s strong grip.

Mariku gives him a false hurt look. “Aww, no ‘hello’ for your dear old friend? I’m hurt, Bakura. Really, I am.”

“What do you want, Mariku.” Bakura growls.

“Just a ‘hello’ will do.” Mariku teases. “What do I want? Hmm… world domination would be nice, but that’s just a dream. For now I’ll have to settle for annoying every single person around me without alerting my presence to my host.”

Bakura rolls his eyes and grumbles, “You haven’t changed one bit.”

“You always said you liked that about me.” Mariku comments.

“You’re the same fool I knew three-thousand years ago.”

“Now that’s friendly.” Mariku says sarcastically.

“It wasn’t meant to be, thief.” Bakura says, holding out a hand.

Mariku smirks and flips a coin into the air. “Pot calling the kettle black, King of Thieves.” He comments. “So… is the pharaoh here and if so, may I take a guess as to who his host is?”

“If you already know then why are you asking?” Bakura shoots back.

Mariku sighs. “Bakura, you take the fun out of everything.” He tosses the coin back to his old partner. “Yugi Muto is his host, isn’t he.” He says.

“You’ve gotten smarter.” Bakura comments.

“Shut up.” Mariku says cheerfully. “Makes sense. Yumeri’s hostess is Yugi’s cousin and Seto Muto is the reincarnation of Seth and is also Yugi’s cousin.”

“And let me guess, you’re a cousin of Yumeri’s hostess.” Bakura states, his eyes guarded.

“Bingo!”

“Don’t do that.”

“Sorry. Grumpy.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing my ass. You’re a horrible liar.”

“I’m glad you think so highly of me!”

“Don’t be stupid.”

“I’m not.”

“…”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“Oh, come on, Bakura! Tell me.”

“I did tell you. I told you it’s nothing. Nothing you need to concern yourself with.”

“Oh…”

“But then again, maybe you should.”

“Baaaakuraaaaa!”

The two lapse into silence as a few people walk by.

“I’ll tell you one thing, Mariku.” Bakura says seriously. “Do not reveal my or your existence to yadonushi (1).”

“Same to you in regards to my hikari (2).” Mariku says seriously.

Bakura raises an eyebrow but makes no comment on Mariku’s term for his other half.

“See you later, thief king.” Mariku says. “Hikari has to go get snacks and go home. Have fun terrorizing the poor mortal fools of this city.”

Bakura smirks. “Will do.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

The next day.

“Exactly why are we at a mall?” Katsuya asks.

“Because Yugi needs some different clothes.” Tama says. “Trust me, I don’t want to be here any more than you do. I hate shopping for clothes unless we’re at Hot Topic, and as far as I know those stores are only in America.” She sighs as she examines a mall directory. “Alright, lets go this way.”

“What about Seto?” Yugi asks, glancing back at the doors they entered through less than a minute ago. “Shouldn’t we wait for him?”

Tama’s already walking toward her destination. “He’ll find us, don’t worry.” She assures him. “Now come on.”

Katsuya and Yugi hurry to catch up to Tama, who hasn’t slowed down or paused at all.

The store Tama has chosen to start at has a wide selection of clothing. She leads the two over to the right section and looks around for a moment to get an idea of where everything is. “Okay… we’ll start with shirts and figure out what looks best on Yugi and then go from there. Oh, and don’t pick out a bunch of the same shirts.”

The two boys sigh, but begin looking anyway. Tama smiles and begins looking as well.

“Tama, exactly why am I here? I know we’re here for Yugi, but why did you choose me specifically? Anzu or Shizuka would be better at this.” Katsuya says.

“Just because.” Tama says vaguely, picking out a dark blue shirt. “Look, there’s Seto! Seto! We’re over here!” She waves an arm in hopes of catching her brother’s attention.

Seto easily spots them and nods to Tama so she won’t make too big of a fool out of herself while trying to get his attention. The brunette soon joins them in the search for clothing for Yugi.

A little while later they, meaning Tama, Seto, and Katsuya, usher Yugi to the changing rooms. Many shirts later, most of them rejected, they’ve discovered the style that suits Yugi best.

“Well, this means we’re leaving the rest up to you, Seto.” Tama says. “I’m going to kidnap Jounouchi now, if that’s alright.”

Seto nods. “Fine. However,” He smirks. “it’s more like puppy-napping.”

“I’m not a dog!” Katsuya protests.

“He’s teasing.” Tama says, grabbing Katsuya’s arm. “Come on.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Katsuya looks uneasily around the store Tama has dragged him into, feeling horribly out of place in his tattered jeans, old black and white t-shirt, and the jean jacket he’s fond of wearing.

“Relax.” Tama says, noticing his discomfort. “Now… I’d say you’re about the same size as Seto. Maybe a little smaller…” She thinks for a minute. “Lets try this.” She flips through a rack of shirts and chooses two different sizes in the same color. “You like blue, right Jounouchi?”

Katsuya nods. “Yeah.” He catches sight of the price. “Damn! Tama, that’s too expensive!”

Tama blinks and checks the price. “It’s fine, Jounouchi.”

“Tama, don’t spend this much on me. I-”

Tama interrupts him. “If you’re really uncomfortable with this and want to pay us back, then for the next few times we get together you get to do all the cooking.” She says. “Just let me buy you two nice pairs of pants and three nice shirts.”

Katsuya sighs. “Okay… I won’t like it, but you Muto’s are too darn stubborn to talk out of anything once you have your minds set.”

Tama laughs. “Yeah, that sounds about right.” She hands the two shirts to Katsuya. “Try these on and tell me which one fits better.”

Wanting to get this over with as soon as possible, Katsuya does as she said. Meanwhile, Tama spots a couple of pink, button-up silk shirts and grins and heads over to them. She picks out two and then heads to the check-out counter to buy them before Katsuya comes back out.

A short time later Katsuya and Tama are out of the really expensive store and are walking around the mall to find some store to go in while they’re waiting for Seto and Yugi to finish up.

“What’s taking them so long?” Katsuya asks. “Shizuka doesn’t even take this long to pick out clothes.”

“Seto is very… picky when it comes to clothes. If something doesn’t seem right in any way at all he tosses it aside.” Tama explains. “One of the worst things about clothes shopping with Seto is that he takes an inhuman amount of time picking out the ones he likes. The best thing about shopping with him is that you get some really good clothes that you like.”

“Remind me to never go shopping with him.” Katsuya says.

“Okay.” Tama agrees.

The two walk a bit further through the mall, carefully slipping through the crowd. Then Tama spots another store, this one with tinted windows and rock music coming from it. Excitedly, she grabs Katsuya’s hand and drags him into it without hesitation.

Many t-shirts, a few pairs of jeans, a bumper sticker, and a new key chain later, the two are out of the store and heading back to check up on Seto and Yugi.

To Tama’s surprise, the two are already at the check-out counter and are nearly done. Once she gets over her surprise she whispers to Katsuya, “Looks like Yugi’s discovered the secret to shopping with Seto; give short, exact answers and agree with everything he says.”

Katsuya laughs, mentally filing that away for the future just in case, as the two of them walk over to the cash register to join Seto and Yugi.

“So who’s hungry?” Tama asks.

As if in response, Yugi’s stomach growls and the other three laugh.

“Good, ‘cause Jounouchi has agreed to cook dinner.” Tama says. “I hope Shizuka, Mokuba, and Malik are hungry.”

“You know Mokuba is.” Seto says, handing a credit card to the cashier. “He’s a bottomless pit.”

“He’s just like you then.” Tama says, grabbing one of the bags. “So, who’s driving home?” She asks.

“You and Jounouchi are the only two who are sixteen and have a license.” Yugi points out.

“I’ll drive back.” Katsuya volunteers. “It’s the least I can do.”

Tama swats his arm. “And I told you it’s no big deal. But if you wanna drive, then drive. As long as we get home without any injuries.”

“Agreed.” Seto says. “Now move, we’re holding up the line.”

-F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S--F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S --F-A-M-I-L-Y--B-O-N-D-S-

(1) Yadonushi- landlord; Bakura's name for Ryou. I'm not sure whether it's spelled correctly or not, since the website I usually find YGO info on isn't working at the moment.

(2) Hikari- light; keep in mind that this Mariku is different from the one in the show. I wanted one of them to use hikari, so I chose Mariku mainly because he's the least sane of them and I'm going to use it for his nicknames for Yugi, Tama, Ryou, and Malik.

0-0-0-0

Shiro: Mariku and Bakura are going to be lots of fun to work with in this one!

Bast: Hikari, weren't you going to do something involving Shizuka's eyesight in this chapter?

Shiro: I was, but I'm going to hold off on it for a while.

Bast: As long as you get it done... Say, where are Damian and Keitaro?

Shiro: I locked them in the basement.

Bast: Together?!

Shiro: Yup. They need to work out their differences.

Bast: You do realize that there are bricks, concrete, and fireworks down there, right?

Shiro: Yup!

Bast: *sighs* Oh great...

NEXT CHAPTER: Vacation, the beach, and arguments.