Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fate's Card ❯ Panorama ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Fate's Card

"Spoken"

'Thought'

^~*^~* Change from the normal realm to the Card realm ^~*^~*

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh; if I did you'd be scared… Bwahahaha…

Part 2 - Panorama

-~*~^~*~-

When he awoke, the Dark Magician pulled himself up quietly and looked over at the Celtic Guardian, whom had fallen asleep with his knees still tucked against his chest and his head upon them.

It didn't look comfy in the slightest, but he had been up half the night talking to and caring for him whilst he slept, so he decided that he'd let him be.

After brushing away a few strands of lime hair from his sleeping friend's face, he stepped back and smiled at him.

"Good morning," the Mystical Elf greeted, as she walked into the room, "It's good to see you up and well."

The Dark Magician looked up at her and quietly strode over to her, placing a finger upon her lips. "Shush, let's talk outside," he whispered, " I don't want to disturb the Celtic Guardian's slumber."

The Mystical Elf nodded, and both left the room quietly, leaving the other fast asleep, shutting the door so he wouldn't be disturbed. Upon exiting, they resumed their conversing.

"Now, I have a request to ask of you," the Dark Magician said to her, "Here, take this across the border and solicit the Flame Swordsman to come back with you, upon my requests," he handed her a small letter and smiled at her.

"Of course," the Mystical Elf twirled round and began to walk off.

"Thank you." He replied, as he re-opened the door and walked into the room quietly.

The Mystical Elf continued to walk along, heading towards the southern border. Unfortunately for her, she didn't realise how far it actually was, until the Summoned Skull pointed it out ever so politely as she passed him.

She narrowed her eyes and raised her right hand over them, and began to sophisticatedly jog over to the slowly departing figure on horseback. "Gaia!"

She reached out a hand and pulled his left arm back, and he turned his head, looking over his shoulder. "Morning," he said to her as he steadied his steed, "Can I be of assistance anyhow?"

"Actually, yes. I'm running an errand for Dark Magician, and it involves making a brief visit to-"

"Ah, say no more. I have a fair idea of what is to come next," Gaia extended out a hand, "do not fear, milady, I will escort you there myself," he said light-heartedly.

"Thank you good sir knight," she sung as she took it and lifted herself upon the back of his horse, and swung her legs round, before Gaia's steed broke into a saunter.

"So," Gaia said, looking into the distance, " How is he?"

"Seemingly a lot better. He has quite a lot of energy this morning. Not much can be said for others, though."

"Yes?" Gaia peered over his shoulder at the Mystical Elf, "Hold on tightly," he added, as his horse broke out into a gallop.

"Well Celtic Guardian was fast asleep, and rather awkwardly at that."

The Mystical Elf brushed her long golden hair out of her face and from her pale blue delicate flesh, as they only sounds present were the hooves consecutively hitting the ground and the gentle whistling of the gentle zephyr brushing past her. She watched the scenery blur past before looking up at Gaia. "How long until we reach the border?"

Gaia glanced back at her, "About 20 minutes."

"Okay."

"…Have you had any luck in finding any spells to help?"

"Not as such," she sighed as she gazed at the clear blue skies.

But she hadn't given up hope yet.

* * * * * *

The Celtic Guardian fell forward onto the floor, having been woken from his sleep abruptly by an agonized cry. He frantically scrambled over to the Dark Magician, whom was trying to rise from the floor, wincing in pain, and struggling short tortured breaths. Just as Celtic Guardian reached him, he fell back down to the floor, his distressed groan barely escaping from his lips.

Every breath seemed to make the searing pain augment within his chest and head, disabling his ability to cry out in pain, and everything was blurring in and out of focus; each second was becoming increasingly unbearable…

"Oh God…no…" the Celtic Guardian gently placed a hand upon his back and carefully helped him as he struggled back up to a sitting position, then supported him, watching in distraught at each fluctuation of hurt etched upon his friend's face.

The Dark Magician moaned out as a sharp, throbbing surge of pain shot up both his sides, before collapsing back and losing consciousness ephemerally.

When his eyelids fluttered open, a few minutes later, and his vision fixated, he raised a hand to his head and pulled himself to his feet slowly, then turned to his trembling friend.

'It must've been distressing to watch…' he put on a small reassuring smile and placed a hand upon the Celtic Guardian's shoulder.

The Dark Magician was an altruistic, valorous monster and the Celtic Guardian was well aware of it. He lifted his amber eyes and looked at him, the worry present in his facial expression.

"I'm okay now," the Dark Magician said, "honestly."

The Celtic Guardian bit his lip, nodded and then sighed as he raised a hand to brush back his green hair, before speaking out. "Do…you know what is going on? What is causing this?"

"…No," the Dark Magician said, and he stepped back and looked to the floor.

'He's afraid…' the Celtic Guardian walked over to him and smiled, "It's a bright day, lets go outside," he began to walk along, 'Anything to get this off of our minds…'

Both paced out of the door and began to walk along under the sun's mild warmth. "So," began the Celtic Guardian, "how long have you been up for?"

"A while, but I had resolved I'd let you sleep. You looked content, curled up on the seat awkwardly."

"Thanks," he chuckled in response.

"Mystic saw you too," Dark Magician added in, "hopefully she'll soon return from the southern border, with the Flame Swordsman,"

The Celtic Guardian tilted his head, "Yes? Maybe then we can find out what exactly he had meant by his note…"

Dark Magician agreed, "My intentions exactly, I dislike the sound of a 'disturbance'… especially after his description of the odd behaviour from the Red Eyes…"

* * * * * *

Mystical Elf gazed around at the luscious, thriving vegetation of the forestry, and pushed back a large dark green flat leaf from her path and tapped her nails softly on Gaia's shoulder.

He turned his head, "We're crossing into the Southern border just as I speak," he narrowed his eyes, "and our associate has been expecting us,"

The Mystical Elf looked up to see the stern monster staring directly at them with great sombre as Gaia halted his steed and slid off, before holding out a hand to her. After taking it and dismounting herself, she stepped forward, clutching the note in one hand and bowed her head to him, without gaining a response.

"I bring word from the Dark Magician," she said handing him the note, "and his apologies. Due to circumstances, he cannot personally come here, and so requests you to come back with us."

The Flame Swordsman read through the note and replied unyielding, "All right."

He then began marching from where they had come, scrutinizing both Gaia and her as he passed them. Gaia returned the hostile stare, before mounting on his horse and lifting Mystical Elf on as he trotted after him.

"This looks serious," he commented to her, "arbitrating by his solemn air."

"Indeed…" she had a far off tone in her seriousness.

"Would you like to share your thought?"

"It's nothing much, just a sense of déjà vu…"

"Yes?" Gaia commented as he turned his head and looked at her.

"It's… rather nostalgic, I'll explain to you later,"

Both looked over at the sound of a serious growling voice from up ahead, "Well?"

Gaia hastened up the pace until they caught up with him and headed back.

Trouble wasn't far off…

To Be Continued…