Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fate's Card ❯ Correlations ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Fate's Card

"Spoken"

'Thought'

^~*^~* Change from the normal realm to the Card realm ^~*^~*

A/n: Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave; they're greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. But… I do own some… sprinkles! Yayz! ^_^

Part 3 - Correlations

-~*~^~*~-

At the sound of a high-pitched scream, both monsters began running. They had decided to meet the Mystical Elf halfway, and were making good progress, until they heard her nearby scream.

The Flame Swordsman looked very displeased, whilst Gaia was silent, partly hiding his laughter, partly embarrassed for her sake. Mystical Elf hid her face under her golden locks.

"Well," the Dark Magician commented as he approached the three, closely followed by Celtic Guardian, "It seems you are all right after all. We heard you scream, Mystic."

"What are you doing here?" She quietly asked.

"Coming to meet you halfway, though it seems you got a ride there and back,"

Gaia nodded his head in acknowledgment then sauntered off, as Dark Magician walked over to the Flame Swordsman and extended an arm. "My apologies for the trouble," he said as they shook hands, "I had a setback. If we head back to shelter and you could explain the situation, we can decide on a necessary agreement there."

The Flame Swordsman gave a grunt of approval and Dark Magician turned round, "Mystic, can you escort him back and show him around? There are a few matters I need to address before I return."

"Of course," she said with a smile, before she set off leading the way for the both of them.

"So," Celtic Guardian said with a grin as he joined Dark Magician, " what do you think that was all about?"

"Not sure, but I assume it will be amusing. We'll ask Gaia when we next pass him, I doubt Mystic will tell us," he chuckled, before reverting to a sombre look, "there is a lot to be sorted out," he began to walk slowly in the direction the others had taken.

"Definitely, so have you decided what you are going to do about this all?"

The Dark Magician stared up at the sky with his clear blue eyes, "…Yes. You and I both know the severity of this 'disturbance' for it to be brought to us, and so we will all go personally right to the source."

Amber eyes fixated upon him, "You do think it will spread then?"

"Yes. We will all have to face it sooner or later, and I'd rather go straight to it, with a chance of staying in one piece than wait for it to come to me when I'm in worse condition than I am now,"

"So would I. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, I promise."

Dark Magician smiled, "Only as long as it doesn't endanger your life,"

"Sure. So-"

Both froze as they watched the Flame Swordsman dive and Gaia pull Mystical Elf upon his steed just in time to miss the giant flame shooting straight at them.

The Celtic Guardian drew his sword and the Dark Magician grasped his staff tightly as the roar of the Harpie's Pet Dragon rung in the air, before running straight over to join the others.

As the three dodged the oncoming flames again, the other two stopped before reaching them, the Dark Magician clutching his staff as a whip snapped round it, belonging to the accessorized Harpie Lady watching them from the right side. As he pulled to keep it his grasp, the Celtic Guardian launched his sword down upon the whip, slicing through it, giving it back to him. The Harpie Lady launched razor-sharp claws at the Celtic Guardian as his weapon was down, luckily only just missing him as he ducked out of the way, and Dark Magician smacked his staff round her head, before both joined the others as their attacks failed to do much damage to the fiery beast.

"We can't… stay here… like… this…!" the Celtic Guardian called out as he dived to the ground.

"But what can… we do?" the Mystical Elf said, stepping back, avoiding the flying Harpie Lady as she flew through the air quickly.

All froze as a small fluffy brown ball rolled in, and blinked big round eyes. Kuriboh jumped into the air, barely scraping the next flame ball.

Gaia instantly pushed his steed on and grabbed the Kuriboh; "I have an idea!" he called out.

And as the other four ran, heads down, the Dark Magician pulled back his arms and readied his Dark Magic Attack, sending it at both the enraged monsters, before running off to the others.

"How long do you think that gives us to run?" Celtic Guardian questioned him as they followed Gaia back.

"Not very!" he called out, peering back over his shoulder.

"…Whoa! Where did that come from?" Celtic Guardian said, looking back as a giant Red Eyes Black Dragon flew out, dropping in front of the two behind them.

Gaia couldn't help but give out a little snicker and Mystic Elf shook her head. "It's been following us since we arrived over the border. We didn't realize until mystic turned her head only to have the Red Eyes right next to her and screamed,"

"Oh… well that'll buy us some time!"

"Yeah, hopefully enough to be able to perform the Black Luster Ritual."

All placed their focus onto Gaia.

"Thank this little fellow for the idea," he retorted, looking down at the fluff ball in his grasp, "if it works, just make sure you keep the Black Luster Soldier under reigns,"

The Mystical Elf laughed, reminiscing the last time he was present… "It will be my pleasure," she lulled sweetly.

They quickly took their chance to sneak away, or, at least, began to before their luck changed.

The Dark Magician froze, clutching his stomach as a sharp pain ran horizontally across it, before he leant forward as the twinge ran down from the top of his back all the way down to the small of his back, leaving him gasping for air. He found himself falling to the ground as everything spun around him.

The Celtic Guardian pushed his way over, dropping to the Dark Magician's level before looking back at the others over his shoulder, "Go!" he called out to them, "I'll stay back! Quickly!"

Dark Magician grimaced as he raised his focus; just managing to see the others run off as the Celtic Guardian readied his sword, narrowing his amber eyes next to him. As he carefully listened around him, he quickly swung his sword to his left overhead, it clashing with the claws of the Harpie Lady, who screeched at him as he jumped back slashing at her, before flying back, and round.

The Dark Magician groaned as he struggled himself up and raised his staff, into a defensive position, despite the pain and blurring present, his chest heaving as he gasped air in. "W…atch…out…!" he murmured, trying to warn his friend.

The Celtic Guardian managed to leap out of the way of the oncoming flame, unluckily giving the Harpie Lady a free shot, slicing her claws into his back, before kicking him down.

The Dark Magician decided to do the only thing he could; he began to power up a Dark Magic attack. But as he did, a sharp shooting pain ran through his head and he stopped, crying out in pain.

The Celtic Guardian used the distraction of the Harpie Lady's attention to get up and strike her with his weapon, causing her to scream shrilly and fly away, injured. The Celtic Guardian raised his arm to protect his head as a flame shot straight by him. He suddenly yelped as he dropped his sword from his grip, the heat from it burning his palm.

"This doesn't look good," he said, looking up at the approaching Dragon.

The Dark Magician ignored the agonizing pain and shot out a Dark Magic attack at the creature, before it could attack. Suddenly, from behind them, the Black Luster Soldier emerged, and struck the Harpie Pet Dragon with his attack, sending it into retreat before turning to the other two and smirking, looking at their very ruffled looks.

The Celtic Guardian sighed in relief before slipping his foot under his sword, flicking it up into the air and quickly catching it and sliding it in its case before shaking his hand, then going over to the Dark Magician, whom was struggling to rise to his feet, still under the effects of his illness.

"Took your time," Celtic Guardian groaned, wincing at the sting of his back, as he held one of Dark Magician's arms round his neck and held him up by the waist, before placing his amber stare upon his best friend, "don't worry, I'll have you back and resting in no time,"

The Dark Magician nodded, and narrowed his bright blue eyes and he sighed in relief.

There was still much to do though, and he wasn't going to be able to avoid it that easily.

But a rest was a rest…

To Be Continued…