Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fate's Card ❯ Inauguration ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Fate's Card

"Spoken"

'Thought'

^~*^~* Change from the normal realm to the Card realm or vice versa ^~*^~*

A/n: 63 reviews! Thanks for the support! ^_^ *Huggles you all*

Update Notices: Since I don't have a particular pattern of updating, just leave an e-mail address in your review or mail me at celtic_guardian_gurly@hotmail.com /my address stated in my bio and I'll mail you when I actually do update this fic … ^_^

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

Part 4 - Inauguration

-~*~^~*~-

Dark Magician let out a sigh as he took a seat, the Celtic Guardian carefully supporting him. He lifted his effeminate blue eyes to the other, all ready seated company, as Celtic Guardian took a seat next to him and he began his proposal, "The situation is only going to get worse the longer we delay the inevitable, we have to act now."

The Flame Swordsman nodded in approval whilst Mystical Elf stood up in protest.

"Surely you cannot mean you want to go in your condition!" she exclaimed, furrowing her brow, "It's not safe, nor in the best interests of your health,"

The Dark Magician weakly smiled as he beckoned her closer, "Sometimes there are more important things at stake than your own safety, and though I'm flattered that you have such concern over me, it is in my best interests to act as hastily as such,"

Mystical Elf clenched her fingers together, "how so, Dark?" she questioned, not cynically though, rather with confusion.

"The situation is more dire than you or I would like to think," he sighed, "whatever this is, its consequences are spreading like wildfire. It is not long until it reaches us. I'd rather face it whilst I still have a chance than when I do not,"

Mystical Elf bit her lip and nodded with a melancholic comprehension.

"Don't worry Mystic, I'll keep a close watch over him," Celtic Guardian added, placing his amber gaze up the blonde elf.

Meanwhile the Dark Magician had turned to the Flame Swordsman, "Do you have any idea of where the source of this predicament is?"

The Flame Swordsman nodded, "It is believed to have originated from deep within the forests not too far from the borderline. Our main problem is that the terrain is arduous and many unknown creatures lie within. We don't know how it has been affected by all of this trouble; we will have to run the risk of finding out first-hand."

The Dark Magician considered this carefully, before speaking out, "We shall round up all the monsters here… if Summoned Skull joins with us, the rest can form a barricade here, so if the worst does happen, there is still a chance to stop this phenomenon from reaching any further than here," he slowly pulled himself back to his feet, before turning to Mystical Elf, "you do not have to come with us unless you absolutely are content on it," he remarked.

"You cannot rid of me that easily, Dark," she said softly, "I want to come along, do not worry about me,"

With that, all began to make their preparations for their campaign.

^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^ ~*^~*^~*

Yugi's large violet eyes widened and he furrowed his brow, pausing on the spot, "Guys…! Come here quickly!" he remarked.

Joey, being the nearest, hung over Yugi's shoulder and looked at his with concern. "S'up Yug?" he questioned.

Yugi stared down at the duel monster card in his hand before looking up at his tall blonde friend, "look at the card," he commented with bewilderment.

Joey squinted his eyes at it, before almost jumping out of his skin, "Holy-!" he managed to exclaim, before he quickly silenced.

Téa came running over, her blue eyes brimming with worry, "what is it guys?" she quizzed, looking at the object in Yugi's small hand that both seemed fixated upon, "is something wrong? Why are you staring at the card?"

Joey stepped back, shaking his head, his eyes still wide, "that ain't right…" he murmured, Yugi nodding in agreement.

Téa raised an eyebrow at the pair, "you are so weird," she commented, beginning to walk away, "there's nothing but a normal card and yet you both look like you've seen a ghost or something,"

Yugi slid the card back into his deck and blinked impassively, before turning round to Joey, "You did see that, right?"

Joey slowly nodded, "Yeah… that card now officially freaks me out… I guess Téa missed the show,"

"Uh-huh…"

Joey folded his arms tightly across his chest, "…that was just so…demonic though… that look… no one would believe us if we said that we saw the picture of the monster actually change though…"

Yugi looked up at the sky and sighed, "I know…"

Joey shook his head in disbelief, "I swear, after that and the whole Dark Magician incident that your deck is possessed or somethin'," he commented, before placing a hand upon Yugi's shoulder, "lets catch the others up, we'll figure this out later,"

"Okay."

Both began to run after Téa down the street, as fast as they could to catch up with the others.

^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^ ~*^~*^~*

A dimming beam of bright sunlight broke into the quiet sanctuary of the enclosed garden. Beneath the tall, thriving canopies of deep green trees and alongside a lusciously vegetating assortment of vibrantly coloured herbs and flowers, the beam of light caused the clear, flowing water of a quiet spring to glisten as a pair of slender, spectre-like hands cupped some up and threw them upon rainbow-coloured features.

Soul Release's eyes opened as her figure dispersed away, only to swirl up back form, this time on her feet, the gentle zephyr tossing her ghostly hair about. Her intuition could sense a disturbance… perhaps her powers would come in of some use after all… especially since she had some compassion for those involved…

She was going to check things out, before preparing.

In another second, her physical form swirled down, shrinking, until it had all dispersed.

Indigo hair fell forward against the pale, delicate flesh of the Dark Magician's face as he leant against his staff, his bright eyes gazing off ahead of him. He stood at the border, waiting for the other few figures to arrive so their small party could take off and attempt to sort this whole mess out; currently only himself, his best friend and their visitor were at arms, with no sight of the others. He sighed, before standing up, off of his staff and looking up.

Perfect timing for a momentary bout of immaturity; just to get it out of his system before they set off…

He extended his staff towards the ribs of the Celtic Guardian; he poked the end into him before snapping it back and leaning on it, trying to stifle his laughter as the other jumped in response, before turning round and placing his burning amber gaze on the purple clad figure and pulling a face as Dark Magician let out his laugh.

"Sorry," he said, "I couldn't resist,"

Celtic Guardian turned round, shaking his head, suppressing his smirk. This was far from over… Dark Magician's laughter died down into a smile as he put his weight onto his staff waiting for the others.

It was Celtic Guardian's turn to laugh, when he knocked back the end of the other's staff, causing him to fall into a pile on the floor. "Either could I,"

The Mystical Elf shook her head as she walked past, "you two are so childish," she commented, flicking one of the Celtic Guardian's long, elegant ears, much to his annoyance.

Summoned Skull shot both a weird look as Celtic Guardian helped Dark Magician to his feet.

"Well," Dark Magician began, slightly embarrassed, "we should get going," he said, finishing dusting himself off.

The Flame Swordsman began to lead them on, the newly arrived Black Luster Soldier catching up with his confident stride, followed by the Summoned Skull, Mystical Elf and finally Dark Magician and Celtic Guardian at the back.

Soul Release's gaze watched them, as her unnoticed multicoloured ethereal figure lay in the safety of the tall densely growing trees. "Hmm," her angelic voice murmured, "it looks like this will be worse than I thought from my premonition…"

In an instant, having speculated enough to summarise what she needed to prepare, before her form turned to vapour and swirled tightly leaving nothing but a calming silence, excluding the footsteps of the small band of monsters as they purged through the thick vegetation towards the unknown…

To Be Continued…