Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faulty Reasoning ❯ Pretty Fly for a White Guy ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue-Pretty Fly for a White Guy


Warm, soft, and dark. So quiet and comfortable. Several shrill beeps rent the air like rapidly fired gun shots. "Wha!" Ryou sat bolt upright, suppressing a string of curses. //If you didn't sleep so deep you wouldn't be so surprised every morning. Or perhaps learning from experience is too difficult a concept?// his yami said, with his ever present air of superiority.

Ryou ignored him and closed off the connection between their feelings. They could still communicate via the mind link, but Ryou's emotions would remain his own and not filter over to his yami. It was a trick Yuugi had taught him a while ago, before he had confessed his love for his darker half. A very useful talent, too. He made a mental note to thank Yuugi later. Blocking thoughts was a little more difficult, and Ryou didn't bother. It was too early to be thinking anyway.

He rolled out of bed with all the grace of a lame duck and landed flat on his back. "Ow!" //Idiot.// Ryou once again ignored his yami and pulled himself to his feet. He didn't fail to notice his dark half lying on the bed, stretched out with his hands behind his head. Ryou ran a hand through his hair, wincing as it got caught it some knots, and was supremely thankful for the block as he first fought down a pang of jealousy and then a desire to give his yami a fat lip.

As for fat lips, he smiled thinking of poor Jou. He had gotten into another fist fight with Kaiba, and well, Jou, as effective a fighter as he might be, was just no match for the bigger boy. Fortunately, they had found the two before there had been too much damage, and Yuugi's yami and Honda managed to pull them off each other. The only thing on Jou that was really hurt was his pride. Ryou was sure it wasn't helping Jou's self image to walk around with his bottom lip so swollen he looked like he was continually pouting. Or like he had just come from an incredible make out session.

Ryou thought it was cute. Or sexy, depending upon how he viewed it. He was surrounded by sexy boys, really. There was Jou, Seto, Yuugi wasn't so much sexy as cute, but Yuugi's Yami was, not to mention his own yami. He knew it sounded terribly vain, since his yami looked almost exactly like him, but there were some differences. He didn't view himself as especially attractive, but for some reason his yami seemed so…sexy. Ryou groaned as he pulled on his uniform. He couldn't think of another word for sexy. It was really too early for an extended vocabulary.

It was really too early for a hard on. Well, maybe not…//Look at the clock!// Ryou glanced at his alarm.

"Oh hell!" He grabbed his books and ran for the door, nearly forgetting his keys in his rush. He flew down the streets in what must have been record time. Ryou was never much for running, but fear tends to give people wings, and Albatou-sensei scared the crap out of most people.

He ran into the school and bolted down the halls. He wasn't going to make it to homeroom if he went to his locker but he couldn't go to class in his jacket. Yuugi's locker was closer and he tried desperately to remember the combination. Uhhhhh…Zero, thirty-two, twenty-six, right? Right! That's what he hoped it was anyway.

He stopped and began fumbling with a lock not ten feet away from the classroom in question. He botched the combination twice and muttered obscenities under his breath until he was quite sure the air was as blue as his uniform. The door opened and he tore off his jacket and threw it in the bottom with his gym bag, hoping Yuugi wouldn't mind. He sprinted into the class and collapsed into his seat just as the bell rang.

He sighed with relief and ran a hand through his hair. He glanced over to see Yuugi smiling and Jou suppressing laughter. He gave them a thumbs up and shrugged. When he was good, he was good. The teacher walked in and they began morning exercises. Ryou just went on autopilot and began daydreaming about the breakfast he had neglected to eat. Correction, when he was good, he just plain sucked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was so incredibly fun to write! So, waddaya think? Please review and tell me! Criticisms and flames are most welcome.
~Karre