Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fear Not The Guardian ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fear Not The Guardian

By Ema

Author's Note: PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT! Sequel to Wake Not The Guardian - you've got to read that to understand what's going on here. Second in the Soul Guardian Trilogy.

Again, it's Yami and Téa, a bit of Joey and Mai, Yugi and OC (Kai Black) and Tristan and me! My name is Hope Kiyo-shin (meaning `hope of the pure heart' - kiyo =pure, shin = heart.) One of my best mates is in here as well (Kai). He he.

Téa finds out more about her cards from Yami, and we find out a bit more about Kobora.

Again, listen to `Fallen' by Evanescence if you have it. This time, the song that most relates to the story would either be `Imaginary' or `My Immortal'. Probably `My Immortal'.

Thanks to all my reviewers:

Bunny Chan - I am very proud, thank you! Be sure to tell your friends to review!

BlackBelt - Thank you, and you're the reason I'm writing this story, because without you saying `Please continue', I would never have done a sequel!

Jellybob 15 - I write these stories for you guys, so I'm pleased to hear someone say that!

Aerin - Thank you! I will review your stories when I get the chance, and please enjoy my other stories!

Dedicated to my reviewers, and of course Kirsty (Kai) - without her bugging me I would never have got this finished!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Fear Not The Guardian

Prologue

Marik paced up and down.

" The only reason you are here is because I may need you." He stopped and glared at a shadow. The shadow remained silent. He started pacing again.

" Time is of the essence. We cannot attack too soon, but we cannot leave it too long, either." Again, he stopped, glared at the shadow and snorted. " You failed Bakura. What makes you think you won't fail me?" he demanded.

Bakura was weak…he could not control me properly…

" You are right. Bakura was weak. As is Téa. She shall be the pharaoh's downfall, with help from me. I shall succeed where Bakura failed!"

There was bone-chilling laughter, then silence.

~ ONE YEAR LATER ~

" Yugi!" Téa called. " Wait up!"

Yugi waved at her as he crossed the road, and turned to greet Joey and Mai.

" Been on another date, then?" he asked, grinning. He could see Téa's frustrated face as the lights turned green again and the cars started moving on the road. She shrugged and Yugi nodded to let her know he'd wait.

" Joey was so persistent I thought I'd give him a chance," Mai replied, waving at Téa.

" And she hasn't looked back since," Joey added smoothly. " What about Yami and Téa?"

Yugi gave a small smile. " They're fine. Like you said, they haven't looked back since. He's upset about her going to the Dance Academy, but she said she'd come back every chance she got."

" Great. I'd hate to see her go for good."

" She's a real friend," Mai agreed.

They turned and watched as the lights turned red, and Téa was finally able to cross the road to greet them. None of them saw the black car with tinted windows until it was too late.