Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fight For The Hikari Cherub ❯ Lotus Blossom ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow: well I'm gonna try to update this story even though I'm in Canada ^^; I have nothing else to do at my aunt's house anyways!!

Specter: yeah we're gonna try! We may not finish but oh well we TRIED!

Namu: yea so we'll quit talking cause we know everyone is dieing to know what happened after the very evil cliffhanger! R&R please!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Yami heard the pleads and cries from the little one beneath him. His eyes snapped opened as he pulled back.

"I'm so sorry."

The short girl blinked a couple of times; trying to clear away the falling tears that were begging to escape past her bright green eyes.

"Please, forgive me I don't know what came over me just then... you just remind me of someone I once loved."

Yumi smiled sadly up at him, "how could I not forgive you? I myself am going through something similar, though I had not responded to your actions." She looked down and let a few crystalline water droplets fall from her large exquisite eyes and onto the circular bed's mattress. "I understand completely though."

The shadow mage smiled softly and sat down on the edge of the bed, "I hope that this encounter will not ruin a possible friendship? I mean, I do not wish to own you like everyone else in this contest does. In fact, because of the one I loved, I am trying to change my old habits... I want to start over. Will you, that is, do you think you could help me? I wish nothing more to find him again after this school year ends and show him how changed I am and how much better I am than that no good bastard Seto."

"Why do you think he likes this Seto person better than you? I'm sure your true love, the one you care for so much loves just you just like you love only him. I'm sure wherever he is he is out there thinking of you."

Yami snorted, "no he isn't. He has way to much going for him to have his thoughts wrapped up in someone as fucked up as I. He is probably thinking of someone who can give him a real life; someone more like Seto Kaibs."

"And why do you think that? You think not that he loves you still?"

"He cheated on me with Seto okay?! Do you understand what it feels like to love someone, show them how much you love them and then find out they like your supposedly good friend?! Do you?! No you don't because you are just a useless slut! A goddamn good for nothing pleasure prize!"

Yumi gasped and looked down; tears coming to her green eyes once more as she pushed Yami stunned form away from her. The tri colored haired teenager blinked before opening his mouth and speaking hurriedly, "I didn't mean that! I swear I don't know why I said that!"

The girl's eyes turned cold as she faced the student "I think you should leave. According to my rules you aren't even supposed to be in here anyways. The Hikari Cherub is not permitted to associate with contest competitors."

The Shadow Mage stood and walked slowly towards the door, "I am sorry. I am just still grieving over the loss of him...my Yugi. Ha, ha, you know it's funny... I just wish he would've stayed with me forever. I wanted to love him forever. Well, pleasant dreams miss."

With that, Yami bowed slightly and exited the room without another room.

Yumi clasped a hand over her mouth to muffle the sobs that threatened to bubble out of her mouth.

"Yami...I love you so much. Please don't ever forget me!"

~~~~

The morning sun happily stared down at the visitors, students, and faculty of the Khemet school of Elemental Magicians; warming the chilly night air and letting its bright rays pierce through the curtains of the many dormitories and urging everyone to get up and begin the day.

But the sun's cheery glowing didn't reach the high confines of the north tower. Nor, as proven by the wide awake figure pacing around the room, did it need to.

Yugi sighed as he stared at his new female figure in the mirror for the bagilionth time in the last hour. He could never get used to being the Hikari Cherub and nor did he want to. Yami was right the other night. Well, he didn't think so as himself but to everyone else in the school he was just a pleasure prize for the rest of the students and staff. He knew Yami didn't believe that...or at least he hoped the tall man didn't believe that. Then again, as shown last night, he really didn't know what to expect to burst of from the shadow mage's mouth.

Sighing again he walked over to the cherry wood wardrobe and pulled out his regular attire: red and gold plated skirt and the white sailor shirt with red and gold sailor collar. He quickly changed before putting on the white ankle boots and examining himself again in the mirror. He didn't look to bad...he could get used to the dressings he had to wear so long as they were comfortable and allowed him to breathe.

Taking a few shiny gold clips off of the makeup counter, he carefully placed them in his long hair to keep the strands from falling in his face.

//I better go see if the headmaster has anything he wants me to do. Since I can't attend classes I better just see if I can _clean_ something.//

Yugi took the piece of toast he had made earlier and at it quickly before exiting the tower and walking across the dewy grass towards the east side of the school where the headmaster's headquarters' were.

He was stopped on his way by the blue haired boy from Zenoah. Miki, Yugi believed his name was. He smiled kindly down at him and extended a hand, "Hello my name is Miki Kaoru. You are the Hikari Cherub, am I correct?"

Yugi nodded and shook his hand, "m-my name is Yu-Yumi Motou."

"I know. That was, um, some introduction yesterday night, hm?"

Yugi blushed, "I don't like big crowds. They, they make me very skittish."

Miki laughed heartily, "I could tell." He then noticed the downcast expression on the small one's face, "I no I'm sorry it was not my intention to offend you! In fact, I felt ashamed that I was part of the crowd who were laughing at you."

Yugi smiled up at the blue haired boy. He was quite nice compared to all the other contestants the Tri-Elemental Tournament. Except Yami...Yugi couldn't leave him out. Ever....

"That's okay I'm not offended. But it was pretty embarrassing."

"It must have been." Miki winked and the two continued walking down the little sidewalk, unknowingly towards a totally different place then where they were both originally headed.

Other students started to emerge from there dorms and noticed the two headed towards the east hemisphere of the school where the Hikari Rose Garden, a well known spot for student couples, were headed. They snickered at the two who were lost in conversation and headed towards the dining hall.

Yugi looked down, "I really am not allowed to be talking to you Miki thought I must admit it has been a pleasant distraction from my burdens."

Miki smiled down at the Hikari Cherub, "I just want you to know I am here if you need me for anything you know? Just because you are a prize and aren't supposed to talk to anyone doesn't mean you have to become a loner! School rules be damned if you ever need to talk just come find me or Yami or someone that is willing to be your friend, alright?"

Yugi nodded cheerfully before embracing the Zenoah student lightly and walking towards the Rose Garden to take care of the plants he figured probably hadn't gotten any attention since the last tournament a few years back.

~~~~

Yami stared at the many roses in the Hikari Rose Garden. Few knew that this was the spot he came to every morning before classes. He came there to think about many different things ranging from school assignments to his love life.

He gently sprinkled water over the red rose patch in the corner of the little greenhouse of a garden with the gold encrusted water holder. He smiled, he didn't know why but the sight and scent of roses always left him in a state of pure bliss. It was like a drug; really, in the sense that it could make everything troublesome in life just melt away like ice cream on a hot day.

And this is why he came there.

The door to the little conservatory opened with a creak and someone walked in quietly. Yami turned to see Yumi standing in the entryway; the golden sunlight reflecting off her porcelain features and casting an ethereal glow around her. He placed the water holder on the stone bench next to him and stared at her through a sakura tree's branches.

She walked forward and breathed in the fresh soothing scent of the plants and flowers. Smiling, the cherub made her way towards where Yami was standing. The Shadow Mage stood where he was, watching the girl's every move like a hawk watching its prey...and in a way, Yami was the hawk and this cherub was his prey. He needed the Cherub...he needed her to take his mind off of _him_.

Yumi gasped as she saw Yami behind the tree; a small blush painting across her cheeks as she looked to the ground and scuffed her foot against the dirt floor.

Though the greenhouse was a closed in space, from time to time an odd and sort of artificial wind would blow through it to make it seem as though it were outside world. Just then, that odd wind picked up and made the tree branches scrape together and some leaves fell to the ground and on the stone bench or stick to the dewy walls of the greenhouse.

"Uh, good morning," Yami said, trying to break the wall of ice that seemed to have appeared between the two.

Yumi nodded before walking over to the pitcher of water that sat abandoned on the stone bench and started to walk over to a patch of white roses. The wind picked that particular time to speed up and some of the petals from a nearby Lotus Blossom patch flew up from their previous spot on the grass and dirt and spun around like a miniature tornado before landing on Yumi's shoes. One particularly stubborn one with the interlaced colors of crimson and amethyst blew up high enough to gently fall and land on the tip of the girl's nose where it wavered slightly before dropping.

A hand caught the delicate flower and lifted it back up, placing it behind Yumi's ear before its owner turned and walked away. Yumi blushed slightly, reaching out a hand to trace her fingers over the soft petals.

"Thank you" she whispered.

Yami turned and flashed a smile at her, his cheeks tinged with a light pink, "you should never let anything beautiful die, Miss Yumi. What better a place to put a beautiful flower than in the hair of a beautiful creature? This way, the beauty of this creature will strengthen and all around them people will turn they're heads to watch it pass and whisper of how stunning beauty truly can be when accented by the flower of love." He smiled again before turning towards the door, "I would like to see you again soon, Miss Yumi."

"I too, would like to hear from you again."

He turned a little just so he could make out the person he was talking with, "will you meet me later tonight by the beach then? We could talk or go swimming."

She nodded, "I would very much like that. Thank You."

He nodded before opening the greenhouse door and exiting gracefully, heading towards his next class.

Yumi smiled and took the Lotus Blossom out of her hair...//The flower of love...does that mean he loves me?//

Shaking her head she started to water the flowers and plants where Yami had stopped.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shadow: cliffie sorta!

Namu: R&R please!!