Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fight For The Hikari Cherub ❯ Revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow: YES! I'M UPDATING ^_^ go me!

Specter: -__- yeah

Namu: I love this fic, it is positively evil! Well not really there is lots of fluff GO YAOI! ^_^ but it's sort of evil so...Muahahaha anyways!!!!

Shadow: well...I'm hoping to make it get better soon...but the angst is so much fun to write ^_^

Note to reviewers:

I think I email reviewed most of you. The ones I know I didn't email are right here. Either they didn't give an email address or I was to lazy to write an actually email:

From: TwistedAndAlone

This was an excellent chappie! ^.^ As was your other ones lol ^_^ I

love this story soo much! And I agree with the others, please don't

separate Yuugi and Yami ;_; They're such a kawaii couple! ^.^ "It is

Extremely helpful to use this opportunity to comment on an aspect of the

story that can be improved." -- Meh, I don't find anything wrong with

your story ^.^; Well written and well organized Keep up the great

work! v^-^

Reply: Well, TwistedAndAlone, thankies for reviewing my chappie ^_^ But don't worry, Yugi and Yami WILL be together in the end...they are the kawaiiest couple ever so I could never keep them apart for too long ^^; You think my fic is organized?! I think it's a mess...although I have every chappie written down in my notebook ^^; Oh well. Well written, I guess so! Meh, thankies for the review again!

~

From: VampssAmby10210

Um, well, this is a pg- 13 story... right? So it's not so bad that you

didn't write a lemon. Any who, I kinda with that Yugi- er-- Yumi- or...

whatever, could tell Yami who he.. she really is. That's all! Please

up-date soon!

Reply: I think I'm gonna raise the rating of the fic to R. I'm putting in a lemon in the next chappie so it would be good to be safe, ne? Yugi will tell Yami who he really is when the time is right...and there will be another interesting twist as well!

~

From: Goddess Nagi

this is coming along nicely..please keep it up...i would love to see it finshen and me reading it...most storys amuse me..but this one is a true keep...and i mean it...

Reply: Thanks, I think it is coming along pretty well. I hope I don't get bored with it before I finish it though. Glad you like it so much ^^

~

From: Pissedfan

that was great and thanks soooooo much for updating, buuuuuttttttt I hope that yugi will come back, please, please let Yugi come back.

Reply: Yugi has been there the whole time! As Yumi! But, Heehee I know what you mean! Yugi will reveal who he really is to Yami when the time is right! Never fear!!

~~

Shadow: okay then, I think I emailed everyone else who reviewed! If I didn't, well I'm sorry I thought I did so sorry and please forgive me and just read the friggin story!!!! ^_^V

Namu: [nods] Please read and review please then! ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bakura Hideyoshi and his partner in crime, Marik Nagasawa snickered as they watched some of the first year students pick themselves off the ground; most startled at the large magical attack just aimed at them. They had never been attacked on school campus before...magical attacks outside of the duel training field weren't permitted.

Bakura and Marik enjoyed breaking that rule especially and attacking any weak students they could find. He first year students were an easy group to startle and a personal favorite.

"Hey, Hideyoshi-kun! Stop picking on the younger students!" a female voice yelled.

Bakura groaned, turning to face the one scolding him. He growled as the fourth year strutted up to him; her pony tailed purple hair swishing back and forth as she walked. She wore a different outfit than the rest of the student body. A white tunic with a red sash to show she was a fire mage as well as a member of the student council. Student council meant stuck up brats with loads of money and a big influence on the way the school ran.

Chinatsu Wakai was not only a stuck up brat with a big influence on the school, but she was student council Vice President...and though she was younger than most students, she still had power over them.

--Which meant she was one big bitch that never tired of getting students in trouble; especially Bakura and Marik who had tormented her when she was a first year.

Marik sneered at the girl, giving a quick body scan before rolling his eyes and scuffing his foot on the ground to kick some gravel on her red leggings. "Aw, come on Chinatsu! Stop being such a stick in the mud!" He took out his wand and shot an aqua attack at a little first year girl named who was running towards the classroom to tell on him.

Bakura offered a chuckle as he watched the little girl fall over at the impact of the attack and scrape her knee on the cobblestone. He turned back to Chinatsu and shot a vine out of his fingertips to hold onto her wrist and guide her forward. "yea, babe you know you want to lash out on those pathetic wannabes," he sat matter-of-factly.

Wrenching her wrist free, the student council vice president scowled at the two trouble makers, "those _wannabes_ as you so degradingly call them are the future generation of our species! So I suggest you two hold your tongue _and_ magic before I get you into some serious, serious shit."

"And we definitely wouldn't want to be covered in anything coming from your ass," Marik added distractedly whilst twirling his wand in his fingers absentmindedly.

Chinatsu's brown eyes hardened into a bone chilling glare, "one more snappy comment Mr. Nagasawa and I will personally make sure you and your friend are both expelled and your wands are confiscated."

The blonde snorted, "we know how to emanate magic from our being anyways so who cares if you get rid of our stupid wands? They're too bulky anyways?"

"You wouldn't care...but what if I did the same to your little _boyfriends_ Malik and Ryou?"

Bakura's features curled into a snarl, "hey you leave them out of this! They're the ones who got you into the council anyways! Remember?"

"I suppose," the fire mage mused, scratching her chin. "But they are no longer on the council, which means I can do whatever I please and they will have no say in it."

The two rolled their eyes and turned to leave but she stopped them, "I hear you are throwing a party tonight at the pool for only sixth years, is that so?"

"So what if it is? We're allowed to throw a party, Headmaster Shadows permitted it."

"I'm sure he did, Bakura." She said sarcastically knowing no way in Hades the principal had allowed such a thing.

Bakura rolled his eyes and he and Marik continued to walk away.

"I wouldn't get to cocky you two...I'll have your asses out of here quicker than the night is over!"

"Shut the fuck up, Bitch we ain't listening no more!"

Chinatsu growled and headed off in the opposite direction. "Asswhipes."

~~~

Yami grinned as he raised a hand and knocked on the door to the topmost room in the north tower. Screw school tendencies; he was going to see his new lover no matter what.

Yumi answered the soft knock on her door and was surprised to see Yami standing there holding a few roses in his hands. He smiled down at her and kissed her softly on the cheek.

He noticed her shocked expression, "I, huh, hope this isn't a bad time?"

Yumi took the roses gratefully and went into the next room to get a vase for them. When she came back in she smiled up at the Shadow Mage, "I was just startled. I thought you had a class or something?"

Yami shook his head, "I decided to skip it. Herbs and Remedies isn't a very important study anyways," he answered.

Yumi nodded and shook her head softly, "would you like to sit down?"

He accepted and the two sat down on a red velvet couch. Yami sat in a slouched position; his left leg stretching off the seat and onto the floor while his right covered the length of the sofa. He leaned his head back over the armrest and invited the other to lay down on his lap. So there Yumi sat, with her head in Yami's lap, staring into angled crimson eyes and letting her problems melt away in the warm embrace and closeness of Yami.

Suddenly, Yumi brought her hands to the side of her head as it began to throb painfully. "gah; damn it hurts"

"What is it?" Yami asked, bringing his hands from Yumi's stomach to her temples and beginning to rub in circles to make the headache go away.

She grimaced as the pain turned to dizziness, "I-I don't know I've been having these terrible headaches all the time since we..." she cut off and looked down, blushing.

Yami's brow furrowed, "that's odd. Uh, Yumi?" he asked quietly.

"Yes?"

"Do-do you regret it? What we did? Did you want to forget what you once had?"

Yumi shook her head, "the past is the past and nothing more. I think it is important to forget what good things we might have had but are now gone...if we waste our time dwelling in the past there is would be no time to pave the paths that might lead to a brighter future."

Yami sat up, bringing the Hikari Cherub with him, "you did not answer my question. Do you regret it?" Giving your innocence to me?"

Yumi turned onto her stomach and pulled herself forward, pressing her lips to Yami's and kissing him deeply. When she pulled away she smiled, "I could never regret the best decision in my life. I know I will not be able to have what happiness I once had...but when I am here with you...in your loving embrace...this makes what I once had seem so little...I'm here with you now and-and this just seems to fit too. I love you, Yami, and I will never regret what I gave you."

Yami smiled weakly and Yumi's features crumbled slightly, "you regret it though, don't you?"

Yami looked down, "no I don't it's just that I cannot get him out of my head. When I'm with you it is the same as being with him. Your personality...your beauty, the ease in which you fit in my arms...it is all the same! It is like you and Yugi are one in the same. I don't think I could forget him. Not when I'm with you."

Yumi's emerald eyes widened fearfully for a moment as she stood up and distanced herself from the sixth year, turning her back on him in the process.

"Yumi-"

"-You are going to leave me?" the Cherub interrupted; panic evident in her quivering hushed voice.

Yami's eyes softened as he, too, stood up and walked over to where the raven haired girl was standing, "no; no I will never leave you. I promised you, remember? I said I would stay with you forever, and I intend to keep my promise. I would not, will not, leave you, Yumi." He embraced her tightly and patted her hair soothingly.

Yumi sniffled and buried her face in the crux of the other's neck; finding comfort and solace from the warm body pressed up against her. "I was just so scared that...that my love would die again."

"You're love would die?" Yami said slowly, a memory coming in.

`Why does my love always have to die?!'

He could remember Yugi shouting it after their breakup. Was it, could it be true? His idea that maybe Yumi and Yugi actually were synonymous? That would explain the reason Yugi had to leave him and the emotion he felt toward the Hikari Cherub.

He was just so confused.

Love was so complicated.

He needed to forget Yugi.

The light mage was gone from his life; brutally ripped away after the night they proclaimed their love for one another.

But. It. Just. Was. Not. Fair!

He needed Yugi. He needed to feel him in his arms. He needed to be against the little body that provided him such comfort and warmth. He needed Yugi, he craved Yugi, he longed for Yugi.

But Yugi was gone.

And he wasn't coming back.

He had been taken from Yami.

And there was nothing left to do now but weep for the loss of the one who had stolen his heart, ran away with it, and left it all alone to be smashed into a million tiny pieces.

"Yami, are you ok?"

Yami looked down at Yumi was staring at with worry clouding her green orbs. He smiled and shook his head, ridding him of his thoughts of heartbreak. "I am fine, my Hikari."

Yami mentally smacked himself. Hikari was his pet name for Yugi and Yugi only! He couldn't believe he just called someone else his light. It felt so..._wrong_. So utterly, horribly wrong.

//I cannot believe that just a simple this like a nickname is having such a big effect on me//

"Yami? Yami are you alright?! Yami, please answer me," Yumi's voice said distantly.

Crimson red met jade green as the two's eyes locked. Yami hugged the small girl to himself tighter as he fell slowly to the floor. One large crystalline tear made itself known as it slipped down the shadow mage's cheek and dripped onto the floor leaving a trail of wetness in its wake.

He couldn't forget him. No matter how heart he tried, how much he willed his mind to purge all memories of the boy, nothing worked. All thoughts led to Yugi. He was at a dead end. He was trapped in the lost world of heartbreak and he couldn't get out of it.

Yumi stared at Yami. Though his eyes were closed she could feel the immense emotions of sadness pouring out of them; shooting strait into her soul. Her eyes softened as she trailed a finger across his cheek, "my darkness, my everything, you are all that I need."

Yami's eyes snapped open. That night...the night of the dance...Yugi had said those exact words to him. The Shadow mage pulled away gently to stare into the large green eyes that so resembled those of his precious light mage.

"Yugi..." he whispered. More tears dripped down his face as realization dawned on him. No wonder he was so attracted to this girl. No wonder she reminded him so greatly of his once thought to be lost love. She _was_ his lose love! She had to be! The way she acted, her personality so greatly resembled that of Yugi's...it was more than just a coincidence and it also explained the breakup and why Yumi always seemed to defend his and Yugi's love.

Yumi had told him that Yugi didn't leave him for Seto. That Yugi had to forcefully leave him. She was right. No Hikari Cherub could be given to another when they already belonged to someone else.

"Y-Yugi, it's you in there isn't it?" he asked quietly.

The girl's eyes widened as she looked down, tears now streaming down her cheeks as well, "I-I wasn't supposed to tell you...you were never supposed to find out"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shadow: evil cliffhanger!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!

Namu: review please!!!!