Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Final Touch ❯ The Fateful Duel ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. To Kazuki Takahashi: God Bless You for coming up with Yugioh, it's the best anime in existence!

Note: Sorry but the chapters for this fic will be quite short. Please read and REVIEW!

It was a stormy day. Thunder rumbled in the distance. Lightning flashed, silhouetting the small multi-color haired boy sitting on the windowsill of his bedroom, staring listlessly out the window. He watched as lightning crashed, striking a tree. Lightning was a beautiful thing, in his opinion. Long flashes of silvery blue light danced in the indigo sky. "Yami", Yuugi called. In a flash of gold, Yami appeared. "What is it, Aibou?" Yuugi didn't answer; he just kept staring out the window. Yami walked over to Yuugi and sat on the windowsill next to him. "Is something wrong, Aibou?" "Wrong? Why should anything be wrong?" Yuugi inquired, in an almost sarcastic tone. He turned his head to face Yami. Yami was shocked at what he saw, Yuugi's face was no longer thoughtful and angelic but malicious and sadistic. "What happened, Aibou?" Yami asked, his voice tinged with concern. Yuugi laughed sardonically. "Aibou? Who is that person?" Yami took a few steps back, startled. "What's wrong?" "What's wrong? Is that all you can say?" Yuugi laughed as though it was an absurd joke that one couldn't help but laugh at. Yami walked up to Yuugi and shook him. "Aibou? Aibou! Snap out of it!!!" Yuugi kept on laughing. "Does it matter? Does it really matter? It never did." "What are you talking about! Aibou, you have to tell me what's wrong!" Yami cried, his face displaying his desperation and concern. Yuugi pulled himself away from Yami's arms. He punched Yami. "I am not your aibou! Stay away from me! I HATE you!" Yami fell on his knees. What could've made Yuugi hate him so much? Yami felt as though his heart was breaking from all the pain. Drops of tears made their way down his face. What had he done? "Yuugi…." "Don't ever speak to me!" Yuugi kicked at Yami's head, then left.

Yami stayed where he was on the floor. He had never felt this kind of pain before. Physical pain he could handle but this was a different type of pain. He wasn't used to this. There was no way to make it all better. It wasn't so bad that he was hated. He was more concerned that something was bothering Yuugi. Yami slowly got up, he noticed a strange taste in his mouth that he identified as blood. He slowly walked to the windowsill, the rhythm of the rain in sync with his steps. He wiped his mouth in the process. Looking out the window at the pouring rain, he thought how ironic it was that the weather displayed his mood exactly.

Yuugi was outside, walking through the storm. The rain lashed against his face as he grinned, unleashing his fury. He loved the feel of rain and thunder. He laughed insanely, he had accomplished what he had been trying to do for weeks. He walked to Bakura's house. He took out a duel monster card from his pocket and ordered it to come to life. The card materialized out of thin air and attacked the door, disintegrating it. Inside, an unconscious Bakura lay, sprawled on the couch. Upon entering, Yuugi called back the card. He took off the puzzle and put it on a table next to the couch. Yuugi glowed for a few seconds and fell to the ground in a heap. Where he was once standing stood Yami Bakura.

Back at the Turtle game shop, Yami collapsed in pain. Gasping, he tried to crawl to the door. He felt the puzzle was in wrong hands. Something could have happened to Yuugi. Yami silently cursed himself at failing at his duty to protect his other.

Yami Bakura picked up the puzzle and disappeared to his soul room. After a long time of searching, Yami Bakura had finally found the door to Yuugi's soul room. He laughed maniacally, thinking of all the torture and pain he would give them. Yami had foiled his plans many times before and now, he, Yami Bakura, could punish him. He would be sure to make that so called Pharaoh suffer. 'Who won the game now, Pharaoh?', he thought. He decided on a painful death for those that had stood against him and then continue his quest for the Sennen Items.

Note: I read somewhere that Yami Bakura was looking for someone's soul room in Yuugi's mind or heart, wherever the soul room is. The fic is about what would happen if Yami Bakura finally found Yuugi's and Yami's soul room.

.