Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Forever and Always ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author Notes: I'm back with another chapter of Forever and Always. I do think I updated a bit more quickly than I usually do. (Nods) I do want to thank Una1 for the information on the Sakura tree. Haha, I really didn't know anything about it. But, lets just say this Sakura tree is unique. And thanks to everyone who reviewed, on to the story now, enjoy!

Declaimer: I do not own any of the YuGiOh characters. Don't we all wish we did. Then I guess if we did, half of it would be Yaoi related.

Forever and Always

Chapter Six

A million questions went through Yami's head all at once. He always thought he knew who Yugi was. He was a sophomore at Domino High school, he was quite intellectual, and not to mention nice, sweet, responsible, generous, and everything that just makes a wonderful individual. Overall however, Yugi was his Aibou, his best friend. What took Yami on the road of bewilderment, was the fact he didn't know what Yugi had meant.

" Yugi, I do not understand what you mean. What do you mean your not what I think you are?" Yami spoke in a calm tone. A tone that showed Yugi he was all ears and ready to listen to what he had to say.

" I'm…It's just…I'm…" Yugi said unable to find the right words to explain. Yugi continued looking at the ground. He had a feeling Yami's gaze was on him. He knew Yami wanted an explanation. But, what Yugi didn't know was how to tell Yami, about him."

" It's hard to say." Yugi said in a soft, quite voice.

" Some things always occur to be hard to speak of Yugi. But, sometimes you just have to tell yourself you can." Yami explained.

" But…sometimes you can say something that's not what another would expect. Then they would change how they view the other." Yugi explained.

" Is that what your afraid of Yugi? Afraid that what it is you have to say will change how I view you." Yami asked.

" I…I don't want you to hate me Yami." Yugi said as water came to his eyes.

Yami came close to doing a double take as his eyes widened and his mouth formed an O shape. " What in the name of RA would give you that idea Yugi? I COULD never in a million years hate you." Yami said, trying not to raise his voice to prove his point to Yugi.

" Because, I'm a hateable person." Yugi said as he was suddenly turned around. He looked up and stared into Yami's eyes. Yugi almost expected anger to be on Yami's face, but instead he saw a mixture of sympathy and puzzlement.

" Yugi," Yami said as he looked him directly in the eyes. " please, I beg of you, please tell me. I promise I'll never hate you."

" Promises are easily broken." Yugi said in a somewhat hateful tone. They both looked at each other. Yugi could have sworn he saw tears in Yami's eyes.

" A true person never breaks a promise and these people are always trustworthy." Yami stated as a disheartened sigh escaped Yugi.

" And I've always been able to trust and count on you." Yugi said as Yami nodded his head with a smile. Yami took his hands away from Yugi's shoulders, but he still remained sitting in front of Yugi. Yugi sat so he was sitting on his knees, with his legs under him.

" Well, you see…I'm." Yugi said with a pause. " I'm not entirely…entirely human." Yugi said turning his head away from Yami and to the side.

" What?" Yami stated. Yugi continued looking at the ground. Yami looked at him, ready to say something until he heard Yugi, whom started to sob. Yugi lowered his head so his hands covered his face.

" I knew it…you hate me." Yugi said through sobs. " Why…why did I ever tell." He said as he started to cry harder. Yugi continued to cry uncontrollably, until he felt Yami's arms come around him. Yami gently pulled Yugi against him, and hugged him as Yugi cried into his chest.

" Shhh…Yugi. It's ok." Yami said softly. He leaned down so his mouth was next to Yugi's ear. " I don't hate you. Not now, not ever." he whispered.

It took some time for this realization to sink in. He doesn't hate me, Yugi thought, almost waiting for Yami to just get up and walk away.

" Y…You don't hate me?" Yugi whispered in Yami's shirt.

Yami put his finger under Yugi's chin and made him look at him. Yami smiled at him. "As I said before aibou, never could I hate you." Yami said.

Yami and Yugi pulled away from there hug. " I guess your wondering about a lot of things then." Yugi said quietly.

" I would like to hear why you stated your not all human. I'm quite curious." Yami said hoping he would elaborate.

" All right Yami," Yugi said with a sigh of defeat. " When I said I'm not all human, I meant exactly how it sounds. You see…I'm part neko and somewhat like an angel." Yugi took a breath, waiting to look up and see Yami's disappearance.

Fear started to engulf within Yugi as Yami had yet to speak a word.

Yami looked at Yugi. " How are you part neko and angel? Unless you'd feel more comfortable not discussing the issue." Yami said.

" To tell you the truth, I don't know how or why." Yugi replied picking at the grass.

" You don't recall anything about it?" Yami asked.

" No…no I don't. The only ones that know more about it," Yugi paused. " are my parents." he muttered almost silently.

" So, what do your parents have to do with it? Is there a reason behind why you do not wish them to visit?" Yami curiously asked.

Yugi leaned so his back was against the tree. He drew his knees up to his chest and put his arms around his legs. He looked at the sky. " Parents are suppose to be the kind of people you can always turn to, to ask for advice. Someone that's there to make you feel special and loved. Parents you can put all of your faith and trust into. But, my parents were never close to being any of this." Yugi said looking back at the ground. " They never showed any compassion towards my existence." Yugi said solemnly.

" Yugi." Yami said sadly to the boy in front of him.

" I…I don't want to see them ever Yami. They used me to better their own pathetic lives." Yugi said.

" How?" Yami asked.

" To them, I was one big joke Yami. B...because I'm a demon to them. And knowing what unique abilities I possess, they used it against me. If I didn't do as they wished of me, they would have told everyone about my secret. So…I had to do whatever they wanted me to do." Yugi said as tears started to return to his eyes.

" T…they said I could never be cared for like that of a normal individual. They said that no one would ever like me, that I could never be loved. All that I was, was a something. One big " thing." And to them, an "it" doesn't mean anything to anyone." Yugi said as tears started to leak from his eyes and run down his cheeks. ' THEY NEVER CARED ABOUT ME. THEY JUST TOSSED ME AROUND LIKE I WAS A TOY." Yugi yelled as he stopped to calm his breathing. Yami got up and sat next to Yugi and rubbed his back soothing to hopefully calm him down.

" I was an experiment." Yugi stated as he continued.

" An experiment?" Yami replied.

" They knew I wasn't all human. And they took me to a lab to run tests. This lab was one that paid people to experiment on them. So my parents were paid just to have me be a lab rat. They wanted to see what I was. I mean, they didn't even consider it for my benefit, just there's." Yugi looked at Yami. " Did you ever wonder why I always wear this neck buckle." Yugi asked looking down and touching the object around his neck.

" What? Did they do something to hurt you? " Yami asked with growing rage towards his so called parents.

" They acted upon there own stupidity Yami. They said if I was a demon," he paused. " that nothing could hurt me. So, they decided to just slice the side of my neck with a small knife to test there logic. They found out that there logic was anything but correct. They ended up taking me to the hospital making up a false story about how our son got hold of a knife while we were busy cooking dinner for a dinner party." Yugi said looking at his feet.

" There was so much blood Yami. It had hurt so badly. Even when I cried and told them it hurt, they continued to cut." Yugi said has he reached for his neck buckle and started to take it off. Yugi slipped it off and sat it down and looked at Yami.

Yami looked down to the right side of Yugi's neck. What he gazed at was one of the most shocking things he's ever seen. What almost looked engraved in his neck were the initials AKY. Yugi picked up his buckle and put it back around his neck.

" I guess your wondering what it means." Yugi said quietly. " It means," Yugi paused and looked at Yami. " It means Angel Kitty Yugi." he said.

" Yugi," Yami said has he pulled Yugi into a Hug. " I'm so sorry that this happened to you. No child deserves not knowing what it's like to feel wanted." Yami replied.

" It's actually quite ironic really." Yugi said.

" What is?" Yami said looking down at him.

" The initials they carved into my neck. It was the only nice thing they ever gave me." Yugi said.

Yami pulled away slightly and arched an eyebrow, thinking if Yugi had finally lost it or not.

" It's the only thing they gave me, without mentioning how much of a moron, idiot, worthless person, and demon that I am." Yugi said.

Yugi suddenly looked at Yami. What Yami witnessed wasn't very, Yugi like. His eyes were narrowed into what almost looked like a death glare and his mouth was open slightly, showing how his teeth were clenched together.

" I hate them Yami. I really hate them." Yugi said in an angry tone, looking at Yami's shirt, tears once again falling.

" I can understand how much you despise your parents Yugi. Who could blame you? What your parents put you through was inexcusable." Yami explained. "And even if you are part angel neko," Yami said tilting Yugi's head to make him look at him. " this doesn't change anything between us." He said wiping away Yugi's tears with his thumb.

" R…Really?" Yugi asked hopefully.

" Really." Yami said with a smile. Yugi jumped up and wrapped his arms around Yami and gave him a hug. Yami barely heard what Yugi had said, but it was clear enough.

" Your welcome Yugi." Yami replied.

Yugi yawned slightly. Yami looked at Yugi as he closed his eyes. He put his arms around him and picked him up. Looking down at the now sleeping figure, with his head cuddled against his chest and his hand grasping part of his shirt, Yami starting to walk back to the game shop.

Everything that happened today sure took me by surprise. Never in a million years would I have thought Yugi to be an angel neko. If this is true, Yugi holds two forms. The one he is in now must be his human form, while the other must be a angel and neko form. Maybe Yugi will be up to telling me more about this neko. Yami glanced to look at Yugi. All that emotional abuse he was put through, it was wrong. Now I wonder why he was a quiet boy before he met the others. (sigh) I swear in the name of RA, no one will hurt my little tenshi. Yami thought as he stopped. A realization struck his mind.

" O, No." Yami muttered.

TBC

Tenshi-Angel

Neko- Cat

Author Notes: Well, hopefully that was a somewhat productive chapter. While writing it, I almost thought I was writing a yaoi between Yami and Yugi. It was just so, yaoi like. All the hugging and such. Anyway, please tell me what you thought of it. I was going to have this be the last chapter, but I have other ideas that could lead this story further along. As you can see, It's pretty much left at a cliff hanger, again. That is if people still want to read it. I don't think People were expecting this to be Yugi's secret. Until next time, R&R….