Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Forever and Always ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author Notes: I want to first start of with the biggest apology. I know I haven't updated in quite some time. But, you know things happen and sometimes there hard to handle and such. However, do enjoy chapter five of Forever and Always!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the YuGiOh characters, however I do wish I did. That's why there called dreams, right.

//Yami//

/Yugi/

~ italics ~ are thoughts

Forever and Always

Chapter five

**************************************************************

A nother day comes, but it's no different from the rest. It's just another day. If that's how you want to see it. Just a day of waking up and continuously thinking about, them.

Yugi opened his eyes as he rolled over to glance upon the clock. The clock that read, 9:10. Turning back so he looked at the ceiling of his room, a silent sigh escapes his lips. ~ Well, I've done a lot of thinking through the past days. It would appear my friends and even my grandfather have grown worried about me. I…I think I'll tell them. It couldn't hurt, right~ Yugi's thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a knock at his bedroom door.

" Come in." Yugi said while sitting up in bed as the door opened to reveal his Yami.

" Good morning Yugi." Yami said as the morning air slightly blew into the room, sending a silent shiver through Yugi's body.

" Morning Yami." he said with a smile. Of course by now, it was difficult to decipher between a true smile and a fake one.

" Did you sleep well?" Yami questioned as he walked over and sat next to the right of Yugi.

" I suppose I did." Yugi said as Yami stared intently at him. Yugi looked back, slightly nervous from the uncanny stare Yami was giving him.

" What?" A perplexed Yugi stated.

" Yugi," Yami said as he leaned over to him. "huh?" was the only reaction muttered from Yugi. " Yugi…You have something in your hair." Yami said as he gently moved his hand to his hair and eradicated the thing in his hair.

" Huh…thanks." Yugi said a little hesitant as Yami got up.

" Breakfast is almost done if your hungry." Yami said as he went to the door.

" All right, I'll be down in a few minutes." Yugi said as Yami nodded and departed down the stairs. Yugi got up and proceeded to get dressed and ready for the oncoming day.

*********

" Is he coming?" Grandpa asked as Yami walked into the kitchen.

" Yeah, he said he'd be down in a couple." Yami said as he sat down at the table. " Can I ask you something?" Yami asked as he pulled at the table cloth with a troubled expression.

" Sure Yami." Solomon said as he turned and looked at him. He looked somewhat confused, but at the same time he looked somewhat melancholy. But, he did give his full divided attention to what Yami had to say.

" Well, I've been thinking. A lot actually." he said.

" About Yugi?" Solomon asked suspecting this was the cause of Yami's discomfort.

" Yeah. He's just, not himself. It worries me that he keeps himself so withdrawn from us. Does he not realize we want to help him with whatever predicament he has?" Yami said as Solomon sat beside him.

" I'm sure he knows that were here to help him whenever he may need us. It's easy to see he's troubled and we know that he does not like to concern others with his problems." He said as Yami looked at him, almost as if he didn't know that information about Yugi.

" But, why?" he asked.

Solomon smiled slightly. " I think he worries that he will burden another. That if he tells another his problems, that he'll annoy them." He explained.

" He's quite complicated." Yami replied looking back at the now interesting plate on top of the table. Solomon put his hand on his shoulder.

" He can be, at times. I really don't know why he feels as if he can not tell us things. He's always been like that, as long as he lived with me." Solomon said with a sigh. " But, he'll talk soon. There's only so much pressure on can take before they can't hold it in any longer." he clarified.

Yami looked up as if in concentration. " Kinda like pouring a soda." he said with a look from Solomon. Yami turned towards him as grandpa put his hands in his lap, listening with uprising interest.

" If you think about it," Yami said with a pause. "When you pour soda into a cup, you judge how much to pour or it fizzes and overflows. Just like in Yugi's case, he has a lot in mind. And if he can't judge when he needs help, he'll overflow or what you said. He won't be able to obtain the pressure any longer." Yami explained.

" Yes, your exactly right Yami. Just give him time. I know he'll talk, eventually. Or so we hope." he said getting up.

Yami smiled a bit. " I'm sure your right." Yami replied as they heard someone coming downstairs. Yugi entered the kitchen.

" Good morning grandpa. And Yami." He said as he sat down at the table.

"Morning again." Yami said with a grin.

"Morning. And your just in time. Breakfast is done." grandpa replied as he walked over and sat the bacon and eggs on the table.

" Thank you." Both Yugi and Yami replied. An unusual silence lingered in the air as the three occupants sat, eating there food, and with no words passing from anyone's lips. They ate until there plates were empty and all the food was devoured.

Yugi stood up and took his plate to the sink. " That was good." Yugi stated, breaking the once silent room.

" Thank you Yugi." His grandfather said with a smile, as Yami nodded in agreement, considering his mouth was full of his remaining food.

" Yugi, how about we go to the park today? It's a very nice day." Yami asked as he swallowed his food. Yugi turned towards him.

" Sure Yami. Why the park though? You usually enjoy a place with more excitement." he stated with wonder.

" Well, I think there's a time when we need to just change the way we do things. And, we can even see the Sakura tree. It's in bloom I've heard, I think." Yami said.

" Sure Yami. I don't mind going." Yugi said with a smile.

" All right, we'll go in a little while." he replied as Yugi nodded in agreement and went up stairs to get something.

" You know Yami, it's thoughtful you are taking him somewhere." Solomon replied as Yami looked up.

" But, we do things together all the time. What's so different from now and then?" Yami questioned.

" It's a chance to get Yugi's mind of his own problems." Grandpa explained.

Yami smiled a bit. " I sure hope it does or maybe, it's a chance for Yugi to tell me what's going on." He said getting up. A noise could be heard and Yugi appeared.

" Ready to go Yugi?" Yami asked.

" Yeah. Just had to get the puzzle." he said as he pointed to the shining pyramid, hanging down from his neck.

" Well, you boys go have some fun. I have to get the store ready." Grandpa said.

" Do you need any help grandpa?" Yugi asked.

" No, no. You go along now." He said as he headed down to the store and the other two departed to the park.

******

Yugi and Yami walked through the streets of Domino. Many individuals were running from here to there. And the sun shined brightly throughout the whole sky. But, a cool wind would blow every now and then.

" I hope the Sakura tree is as beautiful as every year." Yugi said while walking next to Yami. (AN: I really don't know much about this tree, so go along with it…^^ yep….)

" I'm sure it will be quite remarkable and I do recall the Sakura tree being your favorite." Yami said as Yugi nodded.

" Hai, they are my favorite." Yugi said.

" Is there any reason why this particular tree is to your liking?" Yami asked with curiosity.

" There is Yami. It's just whenever I gaze at it, I get a feeling of hope and belonging. That there brightly colored petals can lighten up my day. So whenever I felt down, it brings peace to me." Yugi explained while they walked through the entrance to Domino Park.

" What do you…" Yami started, but was interrupted by a loud voice.

" YUGI, YAMI, over here." A voice shouted from within the park.

Yami looked up and saw Joey, Tristan, and Tea. They were walking towards them.

" Hey you guys." Joey replied, followed shortly by Tristan and Tea.

" Hey guys." Yugi replied as well as Yami. Joey then looked at Yugi with some concern on his face.

" How do you feel Yug?" Joey asked. "Yea, Joey told us what happened." Tristan replied with a nod by Tea.

" I'm fine guys. Nothing to worry about." Yugi said.

" As long as your sure buddy." Tristan asked with a nod from Yugi.

" So what brings you guys here?" Joey asked sensing Yugi didn't want to talk more about what happened.

" Yami wanted to take me to see the Sakura tree." Yugi said happily. All five individuals walked to the designated location of the Sakura tree. However, one was lost in there own thoughts. ~ A sense of hope and belonging. What in the name of Ra did Yugi mean by that.~ Yami thought as he heard a very enthusiastic Yugi.

" WOW, it's beautiful." Yugi said as he looked at the lone tree, standing proud in the morning's sunlight. It's many branches of violet and pink leaves. The leaves looked as if they reflected right off the sunlight.

~ Yug sure looks happy~ Joey thought as he watched his friend gaze contentedly at the tree.

" It sure is nice." Tea remarked as Tristan looked.

" You know, it is just a tree." Tristan said staring thoughtfully at the tree.

" You know, you think to much." Tea said with annoyance.

" Well, for a tree, I guess it's ok. I'd say it's the nicest tree I've seen." Joey replied.

" Yeah." Yami muttered.

" So guys, Are we still going to the arcade?" Tristan asked with nods from tea and Joey.

" Are you and Yami coming along?" Joey asked staring at Yugi.

Yugi turned to Joey. " I think I'll stay here for a little longer." Yugi replied as he sat down under the tree.

" I'll stay here with Yugi." Yami said.

" If you guys are sure." Joey said as everyone said there farewells and goodbyes. As the three were leaving, Joey turned back to Yugi.

" Yug, I know there's something going on with ya. But, if you need to talk, you know where to find me." Joey said giving him a thumbs up and a smile.

" Thanks a lot Joey." Yugi said as he smiled back at his friend as Joey turned and went to catch up to the others.

Yugi leaned so his back was against the tree. He titled his head up and looked up at the sky. Yami came and sat to the right of Yugi. He looked at Yugi thoughtfully. It occurred to Yugi that he had a feeling he was being watched, so he turned to his right. Violet and crimson eyes met.

" Is something wrong Yami?" Yugi asked as Yami turned his head to look at the sky.

~ He's the one with the problem and he's asking if something is wrong with myself. That's Yugi for you.~ Yami thought. " I've been thinking about something." Yami replied.

" Anything in particular?" Yugi asked staring Yami.

" Something you stated earlier." Yami said surprising Yugi. It never really occurred to Yugi, He was the cause of what Yami had to say.

" W…What did I say? Did I say something to offend you." He said with the start of rising guilt.

" Not at all Aibou." Yami said. This four worded statement was enough to calm Yugi's pounding heart.

" Just, when I asked you the reason for your liking of this particular tree. You said it gave you a sense of hope and belonging. What did you mean by that?" he asked with curiosity. Yami turned his gaze to Yugi who had now looked back at the sky.

" Well," Yugi started, unable to figure out what to say next. " It just makes me feel, whole." He said with much confusion from his Yami.

" Do you care to elaborate?" Yami questioned.

" What do you mean Yami?" Yugi said.

For some reason Yami felt as if his patience was suddenly zapped from his whole body. The fact he couldn't get the one he cares about the most to confront his problems.

" What I mean, is for you to just explain. Explain the meaning of being whole because of this mere tree, explain why you've been acting the way you have for the past few days, EXPLAIN WHY YOU WON'T TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG." Yami yelled. Yami didn't have any intentions of yelling at his light, but this whole situation with Yugi, it was a bit frustrating. Yami took a deep breath. He looked at an overly shocked Yugi.

" Yugi, I want to help you. Something is bothering you, I know so. I don't like to see you this way. I'm here and I'll listen." Yami said hoping it would be enough to get through to Yugi.

Yugi looked almost puzzled. For some reason what Yami had said sparked something deep within Yugi.

" Yami," Yugi said with a pause. He looked down at the ground, watching the grass blow lightly in the wind. Watching how the dirt was easily picked up and blown away. How Yugi wished his problems could be blown away like dirt would in the wind. Yugi continued, " Yami, Have you ever felt the life you live is nothing of importance and has no true potential?" Yugi asked in a small voice.

Yami's eyes narrowed. " What do you mean Yugi?" He asked.

"I…" He replied. " I have something to tell you Yami." Yugi replied as he looked back at Yami. He could see how concerned Yami was just from the way Yami looked at him with his eyes. Yami looked back at Yugi. Yami's face was enough to let anyone know, what is it or what do you mean?

" Yami, I'm not what you think I am." Yugi said.

TBC

AN: Well, I'd say that was a somewhat productive chapter. I know, another suspenseful chapter. But, that just makes it even more interesting. Please let me know what you thought. Hopefully The next update won't be so….long. ^^ You know while I was typing this chapter, I was listening to Go and Rocks, Naruto songs. There good songs. Anyways, R&R. Next chapter, you may be able to find out Yugi's big secret. ~.~