Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Freaky Friday: Yu-Gi-Oh! Style ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer:don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!

Stuff: Nooothing.

`Kaiba' - refers to Joey in Kaiba's body
`Joey' - refers to Kaiba in Joey's body

Whole sentences in italics are thoughts.


***The Kaiba Mansion***

Joey stared in shock at the one and only Seto Kaiba's face in the mirror. “No!” he yelled, jumping when he heard that now-familiar voice…Kaiba's voice. He was in Kaiba's body. “Oh no, oh no, oh no…” `Kaiba' stumbled backwards and fell to his knees. “This isn't happening…this isn't happening,” he chanted and stood back up, staring at the mirror again. His heart started pounding as he grabbed his face and hair roughly.I'm in Kaiba's body!thought, starting to panic.But how?!

`Kaiba' ran out of the bathroom and out of the bedroom, being faced with a large hallway. “Mokuba?!” he yelled at the top of his lungs. “Where are you?!”

Mokuba's face appeared from the room across Kaiba's and he stared at him with a blank expression. “Seto? What's wrong?” he asked.

“No, that's not me!”Wait…my accent! Where's it at?!`Kaiba' thought confusedly.I want my accent!!`Kaiba' ran over to Mokuba and grabbed his shoulders. “I'm not Seto!”

“Okay… SoKaiba,” Mokuba said, laughing. “What's wrong,Kaiba?” He snickered and smirked up at what he thought was his brother.

“No, that isn't what I mean,” `Kaiba' said and stared at Mokuba with widened eyes. “It's me! Joey! Joey Wheeler!”

“Ha-ha, real funny Seto…” Mokuba snickered and started to walk down the hallway. “Maybe youshoulda psychiatrist…”

`Kaiba' ran after Mokuba and grabbed his shoulders. “No! Listen…” He started talking incredibly, barely understandably, fast. “Me and your brother got in this fight yesterday and we almost got suspended but then the teacher let us off the hook and then we started arguing about how each other had the easier life and now somehow I'm stuck in his body and he's probably stuck in mine! Please, you have to believe me!”

Somehow Mokuba understood all that and he just stood there with an eyebrow raised. “Prove it.”

`Kaiba' looked deep in thought for a few seconds then a smirk spread over his face. “Okay…” He stepped back and suddenly gave Mokuba a full-toothed smile. “I love life!”

Mokuba just snickered and went back into his room. “Nice try. I'm not falling forthat…”

***Joey's apartment***

Kaiba stared at the mirror with his mouth hanging wide open as Joey Wheeler's face stared back at him. “No…No...No…Dis can't be happenin!” `Joey' screamed.Oh no…I have the stupid dog's accent! No!thought and stared in shock at the mirror, staying surprisingly calm even under the circumstances. He may have the mutt's accent, voice, and body, but he still had his personality which included iron-self control.

`Joey' ran a hand over his face and hair, his mouth dropping open even wider as he realized he wasn't dreaming. He grabbed the body he was apparently stuck in and tried punching and pinching himself to see if this was all just a dream… “Aw no…it's real. I'm trapped in da mutt's body!” `Joey' clamped his mouth shut again, still surprised by the voice coming out of him.I have to find Wheeler… He's probably out maxing all my credit cards!

`Joey' ran back to his room and dug out his school uniform, getting dressed quickly.Stupid dog…this is all his fault!bolted out the door after grabbing his books just in case he had toattemptlike this… “Where's da freakin door?!” he muttered, then finally hunted down the door.

***The Kaiba Mansion***

`Kaiba' was pacing around nervously in the kitchen with Mokuba, who still didn't believe him. “This is so stupid,” he muttered angrily and slammed a fist into the solid-marble counter. “Ow.”

“Hey, Seto?” Mokuba asked suddenly.

“Stop calling me that!” `Kaiba' shrieked. “Please! I'm already freaked out as it is!”

“Whatever,” Mokuba grumbled. “Can I sleep over at my friend’s house tonight?”

“Do what you want,” `Kaiba' mumbled, not really paying attention. “I have to go,” he added as he ran back upstairs and tried to find Kaiba's room.Traitor…He don't even believe his ownbrother!

***Twenty minutes later***

Nowam I?!” an enraged `Kaiba' yelled. He was still running around looking for the bedroom, and had gotten horribly lost in the meantime. “Stupid Kaiba,” he repeated as he panted heavily for breath. “Why *gasp* couldn't he buy *wheeze*a freaking *pant*apartment?!” He growled and hunted down the nearest window.

`Kaiba' jumped out the window and landed hard on the ground below. “Ow…” he muttered as something in his ankle popped. “Just great. Now, where's the door…?” He stood up wobbly and hunted down the front door to get Kaiba's books.

Meanwhile, `Joey' was walking to Domino High as quickly as possible. He hadalsogotten lost, buthegotten lost in the unfamiliar streets of the extremely low-class, poor area Joey lived in. He crinkled up his nose in disgust and quickened his pace, finally arriving at Domino High.

`Kaiba' had finally found the real Kaiba's room after asking a maid and looking like a complete idiot. Just to piss Kaiba off, he was wearing the uniform jacketunbuttoned. “Stupid Kaiba,” he muttered to himself angrily for what seemed like the billionth time.

Back at Domino High, `Joey' was about to chew anyone out who annoyed him at the moment. School had started ten minutes ago and that stupid dog still wasn't here!I swear, I'm gonnashoot him,thought as he started walking towards the huge mansion on a hill a few miles away.

Meanwhile, `Kaiba' was sitting in the back of “his” limo, fiddling around with everything - the widescreen TV, the mini fridge (which he emptied), and all the various buttons. He glanced out the back window and saw somebody very familiar staring at the limo with an angry expression. He just ignored it and told the driver to speed up.

`Joey' yelled various profanities when the limo sped up, and he took off running after it. “Dat stupid dog!!!” he yelled as he finally arrived at Domino High, huffing and puffing.

`Kaiba' stood there with a plastered smirk. “What took you so long?”

“I've…been waitin…for da past half hour…ya stupid mongrel!” `Joey' yelled as he forcefully tackled `Kaiba', sending them both to the ground. “I swear I'm gonna beat da crap outta you!”

`Kaiba' growled and shoved `Joey' off, pinning him to the ground roughly so he was flat on his stomach with his arms pinned painfully behind him. “Listen, jerk face! I hate to say this, but we're going to have to lay off each other until this goes away, alright?”

“Why?” `Joey' hissed roughly as he tried to struggle free. “Can't I kill ya for screwin up my freakin life?!”

“This isyour” `Kaiba' yelled, releasing the struggling blond below him.

“How is itmyfault?!” `Joey' continued screaming hysterically, about to go into anxiety attack. So much for iron self-control… “Yer da one dat started rantin about my perfectRemember dat?!”

“I wasn't ranting, you idiot! If anything, it was a stinking compliment!”

“Compliment?! It was insultin! Ya made it sound like I don't do nothin but sit around and get my butt kissed!”

“Thatisthat happens!”

“No it ain't!”

“Yes it is!”

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

“IS NOT!”

“IS TOO!!!!”

“IS NOT!!!!”

“IS TOO!!!!!”

`Joey' rolled his eyes and growled. Apparently he had “inherited” the mutt's stubbornness too… “Just shut up for a minute, alright?!”

“Why don't you?!” `Kaiba' continued bickering even though he knew it wouldn't help them any…

“Just shut up!!!” `Joey' screamed at the top of his lungs. “And button my jacket!!!”

That shut `Kaiba' up.Stupid rich jerk… Just wait till he gets a taste of the famous`Joey Wheeler revenge'… Heh.“Now what?” he asked with a frustrated glare. “And it stays open,” he added with a smirk.

`Joey' continued glaring daggers at the now-taller teen. “We wait it out and try not ta kill each other in da meantime.” He avoided the insignificant argument about his jacket being open or closed - that would've just led to evenmore

“Justwait?” `Kaiba' suddenly shrieked. “Are youcrazy?! I'm not-”

`Joey' cut him off. “Well, whaddyasuggestdo?Telland get thrown into a mental institution?”

`Kaiba' got a sudden nervous feeling. “Um… I tried to tell Mokuba… He didn't believe me.”

“Youwhat?!” `Joey' screamed. “Howstupidya get?! Mokuba already thinks I'm on da verge of goin' crazy from all dis work I've been doin' lately!!”

“Well, what am Isupposeddo?!”

Play me!” `Joey' continued screaming fearlessly in `Kaiba's' face.

“Play a sadistic, rich, spoiled, stuck-up jerk? Sounds like fun,” `Kaiba' said sarcastically with a sneer. “Fine then. But ifIthat, then you have to play me, too.”

A wide, evil smirk spread over `Joey's' face. “Just what I've always wanted - ta play a hollow-headed, brain-dead blonde.”

“Watch it,” `Kaiba' returned with a vicious glare.Hey, cool! I can do Kaiba's killer glare! Hehe, I'm gonna have fun makin'people cry!He's done it before…

`Joey' rolled his eyes and grabbed his books from the sidewalk, glaring at `Kaiba' viciously for a few seconds before he finally turned around and walked into school.

`Kaiba' growled but then ran to catch up with `Joey', grabbing his shoulder roughly. “Hey, wait a minute! I swear, if you're not nice to Yugi and everybody thenI'llit. I'm sure you don't want Yuge to know thatyou'vebecome best friends with him, do you?”

`Joey' growled also and sighed, sounding extremely frustrated. “On one condition. Ya don't say or doanythin'ruin my rep. I know you'll get in front of the school and moon everybody just ta make my school life worse dan it already is.”

“Me?” `Kaiba' asked with fake innocence. “Oh no, almighty Turd Face. I wouldneverthat…” he said with a smirk and mocking bow. “You can trust ol' Joey,” he said and snickered.

“Why does dat statement scare the crap outta me?” `Joey' asked, glaring viciously at `Kaiba'.I'm keeping an eye on him today…Who knowswhathe'll do?!thought, feeling suddenly nauseated.

“Because you're too suspicious,” `Kaiba' said as he stared hard at the shorter teen and started thinking of some brilliant way to embarrass the high-and-mighty Seto Kaiba as he shoved the presently-shorter teen out of the way and walked into school.

`Joey' walked in behind `Kaiba', also thinking of various ways to make a complete idiot of the mutt. He groaned silently when Yugi and Tristan approached him.

`Kaiba' glanced over and saw Yugi and Tristan running past him without even looking at him.Geez… I'm gonna miss Yuge and Trist till dis thing ends…thought with a sad sigh.

“Hey, Joey!” Yugi ran up to who he thought was Joey and smiled at him. “Where've you been? We've been worried!”

`Joey' shrugged and stared blankly at them both. “Overslept,” he mumbled.Okay, act like a moron. Act like a moron. Act like a moron,chanted in his head.You can't afford for Wheeler to make a fool out of you, so just act like the idiot he is.

“You ready for the big math test today?” Tristan asked `Joey' with a snicker and light punch in the arm. “You already missed computer and social studies…”

`Joey' was tempted to beat the crap out of Tristan for eventouchinghim, but he remembered how the real Joey had warned him. “I guess…”

“What?!” Yugi burst out laughing. “You'reneverfor a math test!”

“Hm,” `Joey' simply mumbled and started to walk off. “See ya in science,” he said as he headed towards the science lab which doubled for chemistry.

Yugi and Tristan stared wordlessly at Joey, who was surprisingly quiet.Weird,they both thought at the same time but shrugged it off and followed `Joey' to the lab.

`Kaiba' arrived just a few minutes before the rest of them and plopped in the usual seat Kaiba sat at - the seat slightly farther from everybody else way back in the corner. He started flipping through Kaiba's books just out of curiosity and noticed the whole book was already worked through. No surprise there…

`Joey' was also sitting as far away as possible from everybody else even though Tristan and Yugi had followed him and surrounded him. Téa had joined them as well. He was sitting with his chin in his hand looking out the window when a piece of paper hit him on the head and knocked him out of his thoughts.

`Kaiba' glanced over and noticed Tristan fling a note to who he thought was Joey…Heh. Let's see how Moneybags handles dis…

`Joey' unfolded the piece of paper and skimmed his eyes over it.

`You busy after school?' the note read.

`Joey' kept his chin in his hand and nodded over at Tristan, shrugging innocently as he crinkled up the note and tossed it to the side.

Tristan frowned and scribbled another note, throwing it forcefully at Joey's head.

`Joey' almost growled since he was actually trying topay attentionto the science class that had started. He glanced down at the note.

`What are you busy with?' the next note read.

`Joey' picked up a pen and scribbled a quick response, flicking the paper back to Tristan. He still kept his chin in his hand, staring out the window with a sad expression.

`Kaiba' noticed the stupid CEO's stupid behavior and knew he was going to blow their cover… So he crinkled up a piece of paper with an angry face on it and chucked it hard at `Joey's' head.

`Joey' growled when a piece of paper hit him hard in the head and he glared hard at Tristan, who he noticed was still writing his note. He suspiciously opened the wad of paper. It had a really pissed-off looking face and was signed by Joey. He leaned forward in his desk and met the angry gaze of his own face. He gave `Kaiba' a questioning look.

`Kaiba' scowled at him and then smiled, pointing to his mouth warningly.Smile, idiot!!!

`Joey' scowled back and shook his head. He could manage to bear being around the mutt's friends, but there was no way he'd plaster a smile on his face for the entire period. Just then, Tristan's response hit him in the head and he fumed silently.

`How long do you hafta do chores? I thought maybe we could hang out and pick up some hot chicks or somethin :)' the note read.

The `blond' scribbled another response and flicked it back just as he heard his name, hisrealbeing called for an answer to a question. He almost answered but remembered that Joey had to deal with this…

`Kaiba' blinked in confusion and stared over at an enraged `Joey'.Awgreat. We didn't switch brains!Now moneybags'll get really pissed off if I don't get dis right denhe'llgo in front of da school and dohumiliatin…“Um… I have no idea,” he said quietly and turned bright red.

`Joey' slapped his forehead out of frustration and started instantly thinking of revenge for this embarrassment. “Idiot!” he muttered.

Unfortunately, the teacher heard that and glared at `Joey'. “Oh, you think you could do better Mr. Wheeler?” she asked with a scoff.

“Of course,” `Joey' said with a cocky grin and rattled off a complicated science principle that had to do with mass or kinetic energy or something like that.

The whole class gasped out when they heard a right answer coming from Joey's mouth.Thatsomething you didn't see every day… `Kaiba' sighed in relief, since the shock of Joey getting arightcovered up the shock of Kaiba getting awrongAm Ithatstupid?!thought with a frown.Guess so.

Later on, `Joey' was getting extremely bored. He already knew most of this crap anyways; plus, it was hard to see over Yugi's hair. He had finally convinced Tristan that he was too busy to do anything after school. Anyways, he probably would've ended up beating the crap out of the annoying, pointy-haired brunette eventually.

The lunch bell finally rang and `Kaiba' sprinted for the door so he wouldn't have to deal with Kaiba's rotten personality and attitude. Unfortunately, the stupid CEO read his mind and grabbed him roughly before he could leave. “C'mon, jerk! I'm hungry!” he whined.

`Joey' growled and jerked `Kaiba' roughly into a seat. “No, yer stayinhere. Got it?”

“Fine,” `Kaiba' said with the famous death glare. He was having fun with this look! “Butyou'reto sit with Yugi and Tristan and everybody else.”

“No!” `Joey' hissed, trying to get his death glare to work on Joey's face. “I refuse ta sit wit those geeks!”

“Oh, trust me Moneybags,” `Kaiba' said as he got a very evil grin. “You're not onlysittingthem, but you'reeating. My food.Junk

“No!” `Joey' growled again. “Pigs'll fly before I eat dat crap!!”

Pigs flew that day, for `Joey' got stuck with a pile of greasy pizza, even greasier french fries and potato chips, and two bottles of Coke.Andhad to eat every freaking bite of it too!Stupid dog…He'llpay for this stupid blackmail!I swear he'll die with a muzzle and a butcher knifethen I'll can him as dog food as a warningto everybody else!

`Kaiba' was just chilling out in the classroom flipping through Kaiba's wallet he had discovered in the back pocket.Let's seewhat we got here…thought as he got an eager grin. There were tons of credit cards, a few pictures of Mokuba, and loads of cash and blank checks. “Holy crap… This guy's got a couple grand in his wallet!” he mumbled with a shocked stare.

Behind the pictures of Mokuba, `Kaiba' discovered an old, worn-out, crinkle-edged photo of two people - a man and a woman. He squinted and realized something; they both looked like…Kaiba! They were holding an extremely happy-looking baby and both had wide smiles.No way… Are dese guys Kaiba's…parents?Dey look alot like him… And dat baby must be Kaiba! I'll ask him some other time… Right now he'd rip out my throat.

Meanwhile, `Joey' was having a rough time choking down the food.

“You okay man?” Tristan asked with a concerned look. “Sick or something?”

`Joey' shook his head and gagged a few times.This ishorrible! How can he eat piles of grease like this and still be alive?!gagged a few more times and slammed the bottle of Coke down on the table after taking a few swigs. “I'll kill him,” he muttered angrily to himself.

“Kill who?” Yugi asked with an eyebrow raised. “Wait, lemme guess,” he paused to snicker. “Kaiba, right?”

“Whatiswith you and Kaiba?” `Joey' asked with a strange look as he bit into a fry and grease exploded in his mouth. He forced back some more retching and stared at Yugi.

“WithusKaiba?!” Tristan said a little too loudly and that got him a hard elbow in the ribs. “I just trash talk him causeyou

Yugi nodded in agreement. “You'reone that has the problem with Kaiba…Ihe's alright.”

Tristan shrugged and stole some of the blond's fries. “I don't like him… He's snotty and spoiled. But I wouldn't attack him all the time likeyou…”

`Joey' fumed silently, but at the same time he was grateful for the brunette taking some of this wretched food. He kept quiet before he ended up choking Tristan to death.

“Hey, Kaiba!” Yugi yelled suddenly when he saw the CEO walk past their table.

`Kaiba' stopped from his destination towards the bathroom and stared at Yugi. “What?” he asked, trying desperately to be mean to Yugi and everybody. But it was so hard - after all, Yugi was his best friend!

“Wanna sit with us?” Yugi asked with a friendly smile. “I'm sure Joey won't mind,will you?” he added as he shot a warning look to Joey.

“Actually, Ido” `Joey' responded with a vicious glare to `Kaiba'. “He needs ta keep his butt away from me before I shove somethin' up it!”

Tristan sighed as he shook his head. “Here we go again,” he muttered and prepared to hold Joey back.

`Kaiba' just stared at him with a sad look for a few seconds before continuing to walk on towards the restroom again.Stupid Kaiba! I hate him! He's forcin'me away from Yuge and Trist on purpose!

Yugi and Tristan stared with their mouths hanging open. “He didn't… Insult us?” Yugi said with a shocked look. “And he left Joey alone!”

`Joey' rolled his eyes at the stupid mutt's weakness of his idiotic friends.Wheeler doesn't understand. If he sits here, he'll end up smiling - or worse,laughing. That would completelyruinme!He bit into another greasy fry, forcing back another wave of nausea.

Throughout the day, `Joey' and `Kaiba' pretty much completely avoided each other to prevent an argument or fight, or both. When this hellish day was finally over, `Kaiba' caught `Joey' before he left. “Wait a minute!”

`Joey' turned around and scowled at him. “What?!”

“We need to do something about this - I mean, I have a job that you need to keep for me and you need to draw me out a map of your house and teach me how to operate your computer and stuff,” `Kaiba' said quickly as he watched carefully for anybody else in the hallways.

Youajob?” `Joey' asked with a disbelieving stare.

“No,youa job,” `Kaiba' returned as he smirked. “Bagging groceries at the store a few blocks away from my apartment building.” He started to walk towards the black limo waiting for him and motioned for `Joey' to come into the backseat with him.

`Joey' reluctantly followed with a still-enraged look on his face. “What?”

`Kaiba' hunted down a notepad and pen from his bag and shoved it into `Joey's' hands. “Draw a map of your placenow. I'll end up getting lost and dying of starvation.”

`Joey' closed the front and back seat separator of the limo for privacy and bit on the end of the pen as he thought hard about his house. “Dis is da first floor,” he mumbled as he drew a rectangle and labeled the front door. “The main kitchen is off to da left around here,” he said as he labeled an area as the kitchen. “Dere's alot a' bathrooms, so don't worry about a specific one ta use.”

`Kaiba' listened very carefully, since being able to listen was one of the traits he had “inherited”.

`Joey' scratched his head with the pen and drew some stairs. “Dese are da main stairs…” He flipped over to the next page and continued the stairs. “Okay, ta get to my room, ya turn right once ya get ta the top of the stairs,” he said as he drew a series of doors and starred one of them. “Dis is it - I'll let ya use it cause Mokuba'll get suspicious if I suddenly stop sleepin' in my own room,” he mumbled. “Got all dis so far?”

`Kaiba' just nodded and rested his chin in his hand.

`Joey' drew the doors on the other side of the hallway and starred the one directly across from his. “Dis is Mokuba's room… If it storms, make sure ya go over. He's scared ta death of thunder.”

“Hm,” `Kaiba' mumbled. “He's a Kaiba, isn't he? I thought all Kaibas weren't scared of anything,” he said with a smirk.

`Joey' ignored the comment and thought to see if he missed anything. “If ya get lost, look down at da floor and you'll see a bunch of little Blue-Eyes White Dragons on each side. Just follow da way their heads are pointin. They'll lead ya to da main stairs.”

“Mhm,” `Kaiba' mumbled as he tried to memorize all this. “Don't you have an entertainment center or something like that?”

`Joey' rolled his eyes. “Oh yeah. I forgot,” he said as he drew an area on the first floor. “Dis is the living room. You'll like what I got inhere,” he said as he flipped forward to a blank page. “Now, under da stairs is a closet with stairs goin' down. Dey lead ya down to the main room wit all da high-tech electronics I got - like a widescreen, plasma TV wit surround sound, everythin' like dat.” He thought carefully if there was anything else he needed to write on the new page.

“Do you have any actualmoviesit?” `Kaiba' asked with a quiet snicker as he took the notepad from `Joey' and looked over it carefully.

“Actually, yeah.” `Joey' snorted and glared at `Kaiba'. “And it ain't educational crap like you'd imagine. You'll see when ya get dere.” He shifted so he was directly facing `Kaiba' and he stared hard at him. “Now, about myjob.”

`Kaiba' gave him a confused look then it clicked. “OhNo way, Kaiba! I can't run Kaiba Corp.! I can barely run the computers at school!” he groaned.

“Well, I hate ta say dis, but yer gonnahaftaya want to or not,” `Joey' said with an extremely blunt tone. He took the paper from `Kaiba' again and went to the blank page he had started on moments ago. “Okay, da rest of da basement is my home office. You can work from dere if ya want instead of goin to da actual Kaiba Corp. building. All ya do ta get dere is go through the door to the left of the TV screen. Da walls are sound-proof, so don't worry about Mokuba blastin' video games or nothin.”

`Kaiba' just nodded thoughtfully, being careful to listen to every single word coming out of the CEO's mouth. If he ended up screwing up Kaiba Corp. somehow, the real Kaiba reallywouldhim without hesitation.

“Now, da computer is always runnin', so don't worry about bootin' it up or nothin'. All ya need ta do is watch ta make sure nobody's tryin' ta buy out Kaiba Corp. - if dat happens, you'll know. Trust me. And bring over my laptop sometime so I can do most of da work. Ifanythin'happens at all dat seems strange or suspicious or both, call me without hesitation, alright?”

“Okay…” `Kaiba' said with a nervous feeling in his stomach. “I don't want to do this,” he whined.

“Suck it up,” `Joey' said as he scowled at `Kaiba'. “Dis ain't an option for ya. Oh, and if anybody calls for a meetin' or somethin', write down everythin' dey say and den call me and I'll tell ya what ta tell them.”

`Kaiba' gulped nervously but nodded. “Nowyouto domy” he said with a nervous smirk. “Just clock in at five and clock out at eleven.”

“…” `Joey' just stared at him. “And…?”

`Kaiba' rolled his eyes. “You bag groceries whenever you see groceries that need bagging. Use common sense - don't put bread with milk.”

`Joey' shrugged and started to get out of the limo. “Why do ya need a job anyways?” he asked as he hesitated and glanced over at `Kaiba'.

“Either that or I sleep on the streets,” `Kaiba' responded bluntly. “Good luck,” he added as he looked over the map of Kaiba's house again, “conveniently” forgetting to mention that his dad was an alcoholic…and he usually wasn't in the best of moods.

`Joey' didn't answer as he finally left the limo and started the walk back to the low-class area of town…
Converting /tmp/php5hYiH7 to /dev/stdout